Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Last edited:
The cabanas are well-documented on this thread so this is repetitive, but just a few photos from the ground this past weekend. I am nearly certain I have the numbers correct from the what I saw on the signs, but if someone thinks I have any messed up, please let me know.

Thanks for these pictures. Very helpful with the labels, since we are frequently asked about the positions of the numbered cabanas.

:beach:

Can you see Illuminations (Or the new show) from the water view rooms at YC? I believe that would be worth the price alone.
Yes, you can see Illuminations fireworks and sometimes the HS fireworks from some of the YC WV rooms.

We don't know yet if there will be fireworks from the new EPCOT shows that can be seen from the rooms or at the resort, but I suspect that we will have some views.

🎆

Just back from our 9 day stay at BC and the resort and area all around (pool, boardwalk, etc.) were all amazing. I will say though we were a bit bummed that we pretty much got the exact opposite of our 3 room requests (no full balcony, 4th floor instead of 1st, last room on the floor touching the yacht club side and we asked for close to epcot haha). I know those are just requests and I even told the front desk I would pay for an upgrade but it just seemed that the resort was fully booked those days (or at least for our length, I could probably have checked back a few days into the trip but decided not to).

Anyway thanks for all the tips and hopefully we can stay here again sometime soon. Gonna have to start saving immediately :)

Thanks for the feedback about your trip!

Bummer that you didn't receive any of your requests.

:badpc:

We had an enjoyable lunch at Hurricane Hannah's, Dh and I split the burger and waffle fries and I enjoyed the Banana Cabana :)

Dinner tonight at Ale and Compass!

We appreciate live reports! Thanks!

:goodvibes

Has anyone there now seen any SWGE info yet?

I am seeing reports of flyers in the rooms and sandwich boards in resort lobbies. Just checking if anyone has images of those things.

BUMP!

Anything yet?

Please post any resort info about SWGE. Thanks!

:chewy:

How busy do the buses and boats get by the time they reach beach club? I have mobility issues, so am slightly concerned.

Are there usb sockets in the room? And random question, but can you see the tv okay from both beds in a queen room?

:welcome: back!

When is your trip?

The buses to MK can fill up before getting to the BC, especially when the park is open early. Not sure if the same is true for AK buses. I haven't experienced that but it has been a few years since I have stayed at the resort, pre-Pandora.

Yes, plenty of USB ports in the rooms at both BC and YC.

I believe the tv is easy to view from either queen bed.

📺

Allergy friendly pre-packaged snacks at Beach Club Marketplace, August 2019.
I did not see anything like this in the Market at Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club.

Thank you so much for the pictures and info! Did you try any of these?

:thumbsup2

I did not try any of the allergy-friendly snacks. I meant to buy some to take home with me but I forgot.

People sometimes ask about the ground floor rooms at the Beach Club.

First of all, if you want to go outside through the patio door, you must unlock the door from the inside. If you go out that door, the door cannot be locked from the outside. Thus your whole group cannot go out the patio door. I suppose some of your group could go out the patio door as long as at least one person was inside to lock the patio door behind you.

Second of all, sometimes there are bushes in front of your patio, like this:

Third of all, when people who are staying in the Beach Club Villas take the shortcut to Epcot, they walk on a sidewalk which goes right past the patios of some of the people who have Beach Club ground floor rooms, like this:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h74hXu]

Fourth of all, when I take that shortcut, I am always freaked out by the woodsy area across from some of those patios. I always imagine people or animals are down there:
[url=https://flic.kr/p/2h752fM]

The temporary location for Beaches and Cream has opened and its in the old Ariel's restaurant in the Beach Club.

The menu includes Fudge Mud Slide Sundae ($11), Snickers Sundae ($11), Classic Banana Split ($12), Mini Mickey or Mini Minnie Sink ($23), Old Fashioned Sundae ($10) and No Way Jose Sundae ($11).

Also available is hand-dipped ice cream. The flavors are Vanilla, Rainbow Sherbet, Strawberry, Chocolate, Butter Pecan, Cookies 'n Cream, Coffee, Mint Chocolate Chip, and fat free Chocolate Vanilla Swirl.
Single Cup or cone ($7), Waffle Cone ($7.50)

Available specialty drinks include: Stout Float, Tropical Sunrise float, Grasshopper Float, and Classic Root-Beer Float.

No grilled items are available.

Last edited:
According to the Disney Food Blog, some quick service restaurants will have special hours due to the opening of Star Wars land. They are reporting that the Market at Ale & Compass and the Beach Club Marketplace will have special food and beverage offerings in the morning:
Aug 29: starting at 2:30 am
Aug 30 to Sept 2: starting at 3:30 am
Sept 3 to Sept 21: starting at 4:15 am

They also are reporting that the Frienship boats will have special hours:
Aug 29: 3:30 am to 1:30 am
Aug 30 to Sept 28: 4:30 am to midnight.

Special transportation from YC/BC for SWGE opening + food and beverage special hours:

https://tinyurl.com/y2hlrplk

According to the Disney Food Blog, some quick service restaurants will have special hours due to the opening of Star Wars land. They are reporting that the Market at Ale & Compass and the Beach Club Marketplace will have special food and beverage offerings in the morning:
Aug 29: starting at 2:30 am
Aug 30 to Sept 2: starting at 3:30 am
Sept 3 to Sept 21: starting at 4:15 am

They also are reporting that the Frienship boats will have special hours:
Aug 29: 3:30 am to 1:30 am
Aug 30 to Sept 28: 4:30 am to midnight.

Thank you both.

:scared1:

The article mentions early buses to HS as well, but I am assuming that is for other resorts and there will only boat service from the Yacht & Beach Club.

:boat:

The article mentions early buses to HS as well, but I am assuming that is for other resorts and there will only boat service from the Yacht & Beach Club.

I wondered the same thing. I follow a lot of Disney bloggers on Twitter but have not seen clarification.

The temporary location for Beaches and Cream has opened and its in the old Ariel's restaurant in the Beach Club.

The menu includes Fudge Mud Slide Sundae ($11), Snickers Sundae ($11), Classic Banana Split ($12), Mini Mickey or Mini Minnie Sink ($23), Old Fashioned Sundae ($10) and No Way Jose Sundae ($11).

Also available is hand-dipped ice cream. The flavors are Vanilla, Rainbow Sherbet, Strawberry, Chocolate, Butter Pecan, Cookies 'n Cream, Coffee, Mint Chocolate Chip, and fat free Chocolate Vanilla Swirl.

Available specialty drinks include: Stout Float, Tropical Sunrise float, Grasshopper Float, and Classic Root-Beer Float.

Thank you for sharing the options! I will definitely be stopping by for a sundae in October and December. Hoping I can also snag an ADR on arrival day in March to see the changes :cloud9:

The only times I've seen bus transportation between HS and YC/BC have been when the boats couldn't run, due to lightning within 3 miles. I wonder if they will be able to add any additional boats. If not, I can imagine how long the lines might be and can see those waiting to board at Swan/Dolphin either having SRO, or not being able to board at all, due to capacity limitations.

I have not seen any info that indicates where the FriendShip boats will originate on the super early departures to HS. With the current location for boarding the boats at EP (post Security/bag check, when entering at IG), the logistics would require CMs to be present during the middle of the night to block entrance to EP. Of course, the boats might just originate at the Boardwalk, to simplify matters.

I just saw these on a Facebook group

1.png2.png3.png4.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter