Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Has anyone there now seen any SWGE info yet?

I am seeing reports of flyers in the rooms and sandwich boards in resort lobbies. Just checking if anyone has images of those things.

I'm looking out for the Halloween resort mugs-I've seen reports of them at CSR- hoping they have them when we get there on Saturday. We are on the dining plan and get a free one-anyone know if we have to get our mug from YC or can we go to CSR to get one if they don't have them yet?

I'm looking out for the Halloween resort mugs-I've seen reports of them at CSR- hoping they have them when we get there on Saturday. We are on the dining plan and get a free one-anyone know if we have to get our mug from YC or can we go to CSR to get one if they don't have them yet?
I don’t know about the availability of the Halloween mugs, but you can purchase your mug at any resort.

Please confirm AP discount at YC market.. If that is indeed true, they must have recently changed policy. I have always been told by CMs that AP discount is not honored there. I know that the BC Marketplace offers AP discount, except on food.
I received the AP discount on the 8 packs of Dasani water in June at Beach Club Marketplace. When I was at Yacht Club the only place carrying the 8 packs of water was BC marketplace.

Has anyone there now seen any SWGE info yet?

I am seeing reports of flyers in the rooms and sandwich boards in resort lobbies. Just checking if anyone has images of those things.
Nothing at Yacht Club...neither in the rooms or in the lobby
They are not at YC. CM at Marketplace says he thought they would have been here by now given the parties have started but nothing as of yet and they haven’t been given an ETA.

Cast members working in Beach Club Marketplace and the Market at Ale and Compass will tell you that AP discount is not available. You can insist that they try because sometimes they are wrong.

How busy do the buses and boats get by the time they reach beach club? I have mobility issues, so am slightly concerned.

Are there usb sockets in the room? And random question, but can you see the tv okay from both beds in a queen room?

Buses usually pick up at YC first.

This past trip, I used Uber/Lyft/Minnie Van to get to parks. Obviously more expensive than the buses but it was so hot and humid I just didn’t want to deal with the buses. I would rather spend money on that than table service meals and souvenirs, but that’s just my personal preference.

We are getting SOOOOO excited for our trip! Does anyone know where I can find the September activities information for BC? Thank you!!!!

How busy do the buses and boats get by the time they reach beach club? I have mobility issues, so am slightly concerned.

Are there usb sockets in the room? And random question, but can you see the tv okay from both beds in a queen room?
Yes there are plugs and USB ports all over. There are two USB ports on the table between the beds and two, I believe, on the desk. There were definitely plenty for our family of five.
Yes you can see the tv well from either bed. It’s a good size tv, maybe 42”. The only couple annoying things we noticed is that it is a true smart tv. When you turn the lights down or off, the screen dims. We couldn’t figure out how to turn that feature off. The second was the tv is preset, so when you turn it on it comes on at a preset volume, which is LOUD!

Yes there are plugs and USB ports all over. There are two USB ports on the table between the beds and two, I believe, on the desk. There were definitely plenty for our family of five.
Yes you can see the tv well from either bed. It’s a good size tv, maybe 42”. The only couple annoying things we noticed is that it is a true smart tv. When you turn the lights down or off, the screen dims. We couldn’t figure out how to turn that feature off. The second was the tv is preset, so when you turn it on it comes on at a preset volume, which is LOUD!

Thank you! this is good to know :)

Cast members working in Beach Club Marketplace and the Market at Ale and Compass will tell you that AP discount is not available. You can insist that they try because sometimes they are wrong.
Bought several items yesterday at BC marketplace and was asked if I had either DVC or AP so they could apply discount. I did and they did.

We are getting SOOOOO excited for our trip! Does anyone know where I can find the September activities information for BC? Thank you!!!!

I will post the calendar here in the thread and on Page 1, Post 4 when I get one, but I am not usually able to find the schedule for the month until the first couple of days of that month.

Guests who are staying at club level at the resort can request an email of the schedule in advance of their trip from DSS- Disney Signature Services. Sometimes I will get a copy that way.

:goodvibes

Does anyone know where I can find the September activities information for BC? Thank you!!!!

NateBenMa answered this, but I already +Quoted it, so... I have never noticed an activity schedule posted prior to the first day of the month.

Page 1519

enhance

enhance

Thanks for the great pictures.

Nice job on the mermaid. Closeups usually look pretty creepy to me.

::yes::

I think for some trips and some people view and frankly resort type isn't as important. I totally used to be in that camp when my kids were younger and we weren't in the room too much- hence why we stayed in values. When we believed they were old enough to appreciate a nicer resort we booked CSR as a surprise- the looks on their faces when we pulled up was priceless, and they just got better during the whole stay! Our first deluxe was AKL and while I booked a standard view with the same thought in mind about view, we got upgraded to a savannah view- and I was hooked! I mean, how can you beat waking up the giraffes out your window and animals to watch every morning while sitting on your balcony? When we stay there again I will definitely be booking an animal view! The river and gardens views at POR and POFQ are gorgeous, though I wouldn't turn down standard. When DH and I stayed at BWI for our anniversary I booked a standard view thinking how bad can it be? Then when we were walking in to check-in I saw how lots faced the parking lot and were really close- not what I really was expecting but it would be ok. Somehow we were upgraded to a garden view- and we were top floor with a view out to Epcot (what? I can see the Eiffel Tower every day?). One of the things we enjoyed most was relaxing at the end of the night and watching and listening to Illuminations while sitting on our balcony with dessert and champagne about every night.
Long story short, I don't think a view can break a trip, but I can sure make it!

:welcome: to the forum!

Thanks so much for your input.

:thumbsup2

Hi all! I've been checking out this thread to get an idea on where to stay for the trip I'm planning for next April. I'd love everyone's input though to help me make a final decision by the time I book, which should be in Sept. (waiting to see if they do a military discount, and if not what other discount can we get). You can see in my signature the years and places we've stayed before and ages of my kids.

This trip will be to celebrate my retirement from the company I worked for over 20 years (it will be 22 when I retire). I took a leap of faith to take a position I was offered in a totally different type of company in May and I'm loving it, but I stayed on to work some weekends with the other company and so I can claim retirement. I'm not salary with them anymore, but the hourly pay I make is being put away for this trip and savings. We will also be celebrating DH's birthday that falls at the end of that week.

Congrats on your upcoming retirement!

You have received some excellent advice so far about the two resorts , but let us know if we can help in any way with information for your spring trip.

I am happy to stay at either BC or YC. My DH and I are staying at YC in October. We will miss the beachy vibe and blue decor next door, but I'll be happy at not stressing about whether we will have a full balcony and having earlier pickup at the bus stop. If there is a significant price difference, I go with the less expensive resort.

:woohoo:

We are staying at BCV for the first time in less than a month for four nights. What is the best option for ordering a case of water (maybe 2) and maybe some beverages (wine or beer/etc...) for the room at the end of the day? How does that work? Do I have to hang out at the room until they are delivered because of the ID? Will they text me when they are on their way so I can slip out of F&W to meet them and then head back to Epcot? I might just forget it but we definitely would want the water. What are the options and what are the pros/cons to each option?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

There are a couple of options for purchasing water at the resort- small cases as has been mentioned, or you can purchase a gallon of water and fill reusable water bottles to bring to the parks.

I haven't used any of the many grocery services available, but you can find lots of info in the Grocery Delivery FAQ post:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/grocery-delivery-faq.3693570/
:drinking1

Last edited:
We just got back last week from our usual August stay. We were at Art of Animation, but booked a BB to return to the Beach Club next August!!!! Last time we stayed at BC, I was pregnant with our DS, and for next years' stay he will be 5!!!! Time flies, but I am excited for him to stay at BC (outside of the womb, lol). I think he will love SAB for sure. Our girls are excited about the return as well! :yay:

Page 1520

Super excited - first time at Beach Club. Rented DVC Points for a Studio Nov 16 - 21.
It looks like we only get one day's worth of coffee/sugar/creamer, is that correct? If so, what style of coffee maker do they have in the Studio DVC rooms so we can bring our own?
Also, we're driving, is there a separate parking area for the DVC vs the regular hotel?
Bummed about them removing the freezer part of the 'frig unit, had been planning on bringing some frozen breakfast sandwiches.
Can you see the fireworks from Epcot at anyplace on the property? I saw one of the pictures from the SAB that showed fireworks.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

We have a whole post on where you can see EPCOT (and HS) fireworks from the resort. Yes, some of the higher fireworks from Illuminations are visible from (parts of) Stormalong Bay. We don't know if the fireworks from the new show at EPCOT will be visible.

🎆

Can you see any of the Illuminations fireworks from places around the resort?

There are a few places where you can view some of the high fireworks from EPCOT's Illuminations show. Many people recommend watching the fireworks from the bridge between the Beach Club and the Boardwalk resort areas. You can also see some of the high fireworks from the Beach Club beach or from the Stormalong Bay pool. Wood Nymph recommends the Yacht Club boat dock. Another suggestion (EagleScout) is to view the fireworks from the bridge connecting the YC and Swan resorts.

From bridge between Beach Club and Boardwalk (photo by pixarmom), from the beach (photo by creativeamanda) and from Stormalong Bay (picture by natebenma):

IlluminationsfromBoardwalkBridge-1.jpg
fireworksfrombeach-1.jpg
IMG_1936-1.jpg

Here's a link from my August 2014 trip report with pictures of the Illuminations Fireworks and the Summer Frozen Fireworks from the Boardwalk Bridge.

Fireworks as Far as the Eye Can See

Beaches and Cream will be closed till sometime in December. Part of the adjacent Arcade is partitioned off, which seems to confirm B&C expanding into the Arcade space.

View attachment 429579

View attachment 429577

[AView attachment 429574View attachment 429571View attachment 429572View attachment 429574

Thanks for the pictures! So do you know if part of the arcade will be closed during the Beaches & Cream renovation, or is the whole place likely to be inaccessible during the work?

Someone was asking about bottled water above.

The 8-packs of 12-oz Dasani are $4.49 at the Market at Ale & Compass (YC). These are AP discount eligible. Not cheap but not terrible either. Pic taken on Saturday.

View attachment 429628

Thanks for this picture and information. I think I have a different price on the Marketplace post, so I'll revise my info.

::yes::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter