Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

This may be old news, because I haven’t stayed in a studio in a long time. The sink is outside the room which has toilet and shower/tub. The electrical outlet next to the sink has a built in nightlight which cannot be turned off. You see the light when you are in bed.

Probably great if you are a four year old who is afraid of the dark.

Not so great if you are an adult who likes a dark room for sleeping.

If you sometimes use a sleep mask to block out the light when you sleep - bring it.

Hi everyone! :wave: It’s been awhile since I posted here, but I have been checking in every now & then to see what’s new and happening.

I’m super excited about our upcoming trip. We’ll be staying at BCV and my brother and his family are joining us! We’ll be there Oct. 4-13. The funny thing is that we’ve owned at BCV since early 2017, but this is our first time actually staying in the Villas! In the past couple of years, we had some last-minute trips, and BCV was unavailable. So we stayed at OKW and AKL.

This will be my three nephews (5, 7, 9) first time at Disney, and my brother and sister-in-law’s first time back for a REAL trip in probably 20 years. (They went to *A* park - I think EPCOT - a few years ago, but that doesn’t count. 😉) All of us, my boys included, are really looking forward to watching their boys experience all of this for the first time! It just adds a little extra magic, I think.

This may be old news, because I haven’t stayed in a studio in a long time. The sink is outside the room which has toilet and shower/tub. The electrical outlet next to the sink has a built in nightlight which cannot be turned off. You see the light when you are in bed.

Probably great if you are a four year old who is afraid of the dark.

Not so great if you are an adult who likes a dark room for sleeping.

If you sometimes use a sleep mask to block out the light when you sleep - bring it.
I just tape some paper over it!

We'll be checking into the YC in 3 weeks. This will be a first stay at the Yacht/Beach Club for us. We have a Garden/Woods view booked and I was going to call and put a location request on my reservation. From reviewing other posts and doing some research I think we may like a view of the wedding gazebo. How would I word my request if I'd like to look toward EPCOT at the gazebo? (Instead of looking at the gazebo from the opposite side. Does that make sense?) To all you YC regulars: Is there a certain location in my category that you would recommend instead and why? We plan to use the path to EPCOT a lot as well as the pool. Thanks!

Last edited:

Eek...at airport, son forgot his medicine- is there a pharmacy that delivers?

I am at BCV for a few days. If anyone wants me to gather info on anything at YC/BC/BCV, let me know.

I hate my room but don’t have the energy to move. After I check out I will post details so others will have it. I made a room request hoping it would help prevent me from getting stuck in this room, but no such luck.
Oh no! We are in a BCV studio for 3 nights at the end of the month which is following a 4 night YC Garden view. I hope we aren't too disappointed although I did request a quiet pool room view. Can you PM me your room location? I didnt plan on doing online check in but I do have a note on my reservation as well as a touring plan room request (we aren't using points for the BCV stay).

3-headed-dog-3-headed-dog-3-headed-dog-3-headed-dog-name-pronunciation-3-headed-dog-harry-pott-jpg.423619
YIKES!!! How ferocious! :scared: :scared1:

Oh no! We are in a BCV studio for 3 nights at the end of the month which is following a 4 night YC Garden view. I hope we aren't too disappointed although I did request a quiet pool room view. Can you PM me your room location? I didnt plan on doing online check in but I do have a note on my reservation as well as a touring plan room request (we aren't using points for the BCV stay).

I was in BCV studio 325. Handicapped accessible, right near elevator. The elevator dings, elevator whirring and people chatting made me nuts. The layout of the room is different for accessibility purposes.

They were able to move me to a different studio. I think it had been pulled for repairs.

We'll be checking into the YC in 3 weeks. This will be a first stay at the Yacht/Beach Club for us. We have a Garden/Woods view booked and I was going to call and put a location request on my reservation. From reviewing other posts and doing some research I think we may like a view of the wedding gazebo. How would I word my request if I'd like to look toward EPCOT at the gazebo? (Instead of looking at the gazebo from the opposite side. Does that make sense?) To all you YC regulars: Is there a certain location in my category that you would recommend instead and why? We plan to use the path to EPCOT a lot as well as the pool. Thanks!

I would just request a view of the gazebo. We stayed in a YC GV room and were in room 2093 and had a great view of the gazebo and Crescent Lake. I had requested a view of the gazebo and when we checked in, we were given a view of the tennis courts. We asked to switch - had to wait about an hour - but our request was granted. I loved that room. Aside from the view, since the room was on the second floor, we didn’t have to take the elevators, we could just use the stairs. The room was also close to the lobby; some of the hallways can be looooong.

We are all checked in! Got meds by ubering to CVS in Celebration..they do deliver using their app but Shippd charges $45..Uber was less than 20. We are in room 2622...overlooks a garden and gazebo...beautiful and has a big balcony..but the number is so special to us, for years our daughter has felt the number 26 is a special sign of goodness- I even thought of requesting a room with that number in it but felt silly. It was a sweet surprise to see our room started with 26!! This has been an inside family quirk for over 10 years. 😁
Took us an hour to get from plane to hotel..we only had carry-ons. Bus stopped at CBR first and we saw the skyliners in action, then BW, then BC..tomorrow is Cabana day!! I will relish the rest! Everyone loves the hotel! “Every little detail is so cute!!” So excited to be here!!! Wearing our Auburn shirts!

Attachments

• 4B9EEC7C-14A4-476D-AAD4-9082E4037A29.jpeg
    4B9EEC7C-14A4-476D-AAD4-9082E4037A29.jpeg
    46.4 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!