Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Does Stormalong Bay have zero entry (other than the sandy beach part)?
It doesn't have a true zero entry. The sandy part has a rim, although there is a section where the sand is pushed up to the level of the sidewalk.

P7120291.jpg

picture from page 1 of this thread. :)

We arrived safely on Thursday evening. Time from landing to YC was 3 hours. One and a half hours to get through immigration and we were last on the DME. It did AoA, BWI, BC then YC. Whilst on DME our room number came through so i was on the boards looking to see if it was any good. Yes it is!! Fab room overlooking the gazebo and a great view on the lake. It has a day bed too and full balcony. Think its the last of the GV rooms on that side before they change to water view. Loads of storage space, the only down side is the beds are not as soft as BC.

Decided to just unpack and grab food at HH. The fries are now waffle type, nice but youngest wasnt happy!!

Pool has closed every day around 2/3 due to lightning in the area. We just go to the quiet pool which stays open but the lifeguards advise against it, its always full!! We have also managed to get 2 sun beds just, moved some towels that look like they've been there a while.

I noticed no body lotion in the bathroom. Mousekeeping has been fine, friendly when we have come back to the room as she's about to clean it.

Got a sunken treasure from the pool bar no problem. Whoop.

Tried to get the Mermaid swim for our stay but they are full.

So far we are loving YC and may be converted from BC!!

Will try and post some pics.

We arrive in 5 days for our first part at WL and then a week later we'll be at BC - I'm working on my packing - I read on another thread that there was not lotion being provided in rooms any longer. I want to make sure I pack appropriately - I do LOVE the lotion from WDW so I normally just use that but if it is not given any longer, I'd like to bring my own. Has anyone been recently and have had or not had lotion? I know that this is a trivial thing to worry about - I just want to pack my own lotion if I need it! Thanks!

Not the YC, but we were at AKL last week and called housekeeping about the lotion. They claimed it was supposed to supplied and sent us up several bottles. Might work at the YC too! I was expecting lotion so didn't pack any.

Does Stormalong Bay have zero entry (other than the sandy beach part)?
It doesn't have a true zero entry. The sandy part has a rim, although there is a section where the sand is pushed up to the level of the sidewalk.

P7120291.jpg

picture from page 1 of this thread. :)
Also beware of the lazy river stairway entry. Casually walking down that final step will have you disappear very quickly underwater. 😅

Not the YC, but we were at AKL last week and called housekeeping about the lotion. They claimed it was supposed to supplied and sent us up several bottles. Might work at the YC too! I was expecting lotion so didn't pack any.
Thanks for the tip!

We arrive in 5 days for our first part at WL and then a week later we'll be at BC - I'm working on my packing - I read on another thread that there was not lotion being provided in rooms any longer. I want to make sure I pack appropriately - I do LOVE the lotion from WDW so I normally just use that but if it is not given any longer, I'd like to bring my own. Has anyone been recently and have had or not had lotion? I know that this is a trivial thing to worry about - I just want to pack my own lotion if I need it! Thanks!
We just got back and I didn't pack any lotion because I travel a lot and every hotel always has lotion. There was none in either of our rooms at Disney though. At YC, we did not receive any toiletry replacements from housekeeping for two days so I went down to the front desk and asked about getting some things brought up. A few minutes later a member of the housekeeping staff arrived with a bag of things, including lotion. So, they have it, you just have to ask for it.
Another thing I thought was odd is that there was no paper or pen in the room. So every morning when I was leaving a tip for housekeeping, I would have to scrounge up a receipt or something to write them a note on.

We just got back and I didn't pack any lotion because I travel a lot and every hotel always has lotion. There was none in either of our rooms at Disney though. At YC, we did not receive any toiletry replacements from housekeeping for two days so I went down to the front desk and asked about getting some things brought up. A few minutes later a member of the housekeeping staff arrived with a bag of things, including lotion. So, they have it, you just have to ask for it.
Another thing I thought was odd is that there was no paper or pen in the room. So every morning when I was leaving a tip for housekeeping, I would have to scrounge up a receipt or something to write them a note on.
I have not seen the notepad or pen in awhile. I believe they are available upon request, even from the front desk/concierge.

We arrived safely on Thursday evening. Time from landing to YC was 3 hours. One and a half hours to get through immigration and we were last on the DME. It did AoA, BWI, BC then YC. Whilst on DME our room number came through so i was on the boards looking to see if it was any good.

Can somebody tell me where on the My Disney Experience app to look for my room number on arrival day?

Thanks for sharing - I think I will just ask if it isn't provided. I do love that lotion so much! If they don't have any, I may just see if I can buy a big bottle in the shop.

We arrived safely on Thursday evening. Time from landing to YC was 3 hours. One and a half hours to get through immigration and we were last on the DME. It did AoA, BWI, BC then YC. Whilst on DME our room number came through so i was on the boards looking to see if it was any good. Yes it is!! Fab room overlooking the gazebo and a great view on the lake. It has a day bed too and full balcony. Think its the last of the GV rooms on that side before they change to water view. Loads of storage space, the only down side is the beds are not as soft as BC.

Decided to just unpack and grab food at HH. The fries are now waffle type, nice but youngest wasnt happy!!

Pool has closed every day around 2/3 due to lightning in the area. We just go to the quiet pool which stays open but the lifeguards advise against it, its always full!! We have also managed to get 2 sun beds just, moved some towels that look like they've been there a while.

I noticed no body lotion in the bathroom. Mousekeeping has been fine, friendly when we have come back to the room as she's about to clean it.

Got a sunken treasure from the pool bar no problem. Whoop.

Tried to get the Mermaid swim for our stay but they are full.

So far we are loving YC and may be converted from BC!!

Will try and post some pics.

Would love to see pix of your view...would you mind sharing your room number too?

You will receive a text and/or email with the room number, when the room is ready.

It’s sometimes hit and miss whether you get the email/text, but on the app, if you click the Resort Details link (on main page it’s called My Resort and in Plans it’s View Room Details) another link will appear on that page on checkin day where you can click to get your room number. You can’t see that link before then, it only appears once you get there.

Another thing I thought was odd is that there was no paper or pen in the room.

I first noticed the missing pen & pad during our stay in early February. I looked specifically for them when we went Easter week & commented about it in my posts then. One more little cut back that guests either don’t notice or won’t complain about. All these little cutbacks many people don’t care about or notice. But many of us do notice & care & they make me sad personally.

I also noticed I have not had a post visit survey in over a year. Has anyone else gotten one recently? I don’t know if it is the current manager who decides to send them or if WDW in general has stopped sending them. I find it interesting that as they start tweaking the amenities in the rooms is just when they stop asking for guest feedback. I know there is a letter in room with the manager’s email. But is anyone really going to send an email about pens, notepads & lotion??

Pet sitters come tomorrow (we are down to 3 cats and 2 dogs), 3/5 of us are packed. Daughter is madly completing citations for an app she’s working on for her professor (or she’ll have to take work with her)..the girls and I all had our first ever manicure complete with a Mickey emblem on one nail- we are afraid to wash our hair in case we ruin the nails- we are NOT cut out to be nice nail people..how do you safely use zippers?? I need to go get Cash for tips, ordered our water bottles and extra toiletries to be shipped, rain showers predicted all week...packing ponchos and umbrella...we are only there 4 nights but feels like we’ll be gone 2 weeks!
Last BC question before we head out tomorrow...do they sell stamps at the front desk or should I bring my own? Have a niece that collects post cards- need to send her a few. This site has been so helpful!!! Can’t wait to see BC for the first time!!

I am at BCV for a few days. If anyone wants me to gather info on anything at YC/BC/BCV, let me know.

I hate my room but don’t have the energy to move. After I check out I will post details so others will have it. I made a room request hoping it would help prevent me from getting stuck in this room, but no such luck.

I am at BCV for a few days. If anyone wants me to gather info on anything at YC/BC/BCV, let me know.

I hate my room but don’t have the energy to move. After I check out I will post details so others will have it. I made a room request hoping it would help prevent me from getting stuck in this room, but no such luck.
Checking in Saturday for nine days and would very much like to avoid your room lol. Don’t need room number obviously but can you let me know what particularly is a problem about this room? Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter