Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

My daughter worked last Spring in the College program, she constantly put on that magic and joy for every family- she took a lot of heat- both physically and mentally- she was able to stay the course because she knew her time was limited. Sadly, too many of her coworkers were on the 2nd or 3rd year and had lost the magic- the summer months are the toughest...I’d go back in January or April...easy months 😁 we are only there 4 nights- we are going in with zero expectations- maybe even below zero expectations 😂 the scorching heat alone will zap our Pollyanna reserves...we’ll let you know how we fare!!

We were here back in October of 2018 for 6 nights and it was amazing. However, we returned this past June 26th -June 30th 2019 and it was an awful experience.

Hmm, this makes me nervous, I have been researching BC for a future trip. I don't go to WDW as much as some here do, but whenever I do I have never had an unpleasant experience with a CM, even a simple resort quick service food worker who may barely speak English. I still get smiles and warmth as if fulfilling my pancake order was the happiest thing they have done all morning.

Your experience is more what I encounter when I stay outside the World.

Man, what terrible luck.

Just booked the yacht club for 8 nights in October this year. So excited. This will be the third resort we have stayed at (first was akl, and last year was poly). Really looking forward to the location and being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood studios, not to mention storm along bay! Got reservations for the yachtsman and breakfast at cape may 😁

We are headed to BC the last week of August, and DH and I are bringing our two littles. Our littlest one sleeps in a crib while the other one sleeps in a toddler bed that is inches from the floor. I am concerned we will get a room with two queens and they will have to share a bed that they might roll out of! Does anyone know if the hotel offers some kind of railing? I think I could improvise with towels under the fitted sheet to make a sort of lump on the sides if nothing else!

Housekeeping can bring bed rails for the bed. :) They can also provide a step stool, too.
The YC no longer offers step stools for their higher than normal height beds, claiming the step stools are safety risks. I have read of guests bringing small collapsible steps, which are available from places like Amazon, Home Goods, Target, etc., for less than $15.00

We are headed to BC the last week of August, and DH and I are bringing our two littles. Our littlest one sleeps in a crib while the other one sleeps in a toddler bed that is inches from the floor. I am concerned we will get a room with two queens and they will have to share a bed that they might roll out of! Does anyone know if the hotel offers some kind of railing? I think I could improvise with towels under the fitted sheet to make a sort of lump on the sides if nothing else!

Beach club uses round long bolster pillows to make the bed. I put them under the sheets on the sides and it gave enough height and stability to keep the kids from falling out. Just in case you can’t get bed rails.

From the Walt Disney World News Tonight site:

Guests staying at Disney’s Beach Club Resort should be advised that first-floor rooms will be closed for more than two weeks as part of a refurbishment project.

Turn-of-the-century seaside cottages at Martha’s Vineyard are recalled in Disney’s Beach Club Resort, a deluxe-category hotel at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. Featuring crisp colors, seashell motifs, french doors and a white sand beach, this waterfront getaway offers 576 luxurious rooms and suites and a 73,000-square-foot convention center. It is located on Crescent Lake in the heart of Disney property.

The refurbishment, running from Monday, July 8th, to Tuesday, July 23rd, will include an upgrade to the in-room Wi-Fi, continuing the current trend that’s already taken place at other Walt Disney World resort hotels, including Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort, and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. Of course, if you need even more internet connectivity, you can also try your luck with the new Wi-Fi enabled fleet of buses that were recently announced.

~NM

Page 1484

Let the countdown begin - BC garden view 7/15-7/23...ready to start packing!!

:welcome: back!

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Anyone have experience with Captain Hook's Pirate Crew? Debating if it would keep our 8 and 10 year old girls occupied or if they would feel it is too young for them? We will be staying at the Yacht Club starting Aug 1.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

Hi folks. We are checking out today from Beach Club after 15 nights. We brought far too much sun cream, Tide, Diet Coke, water and Bounce and we’ve left the remainder over at the Tidal pool laundry area for anyone to take / use as they need. It includes a completely brand new Hawaiian Tropic spf15 probably worth about $18 (I ended up needing spf30 !). I hope it’s of use to folks!

Thanks! We had a lovely — but at times very sad — time reminiscing about trips to WDW with our Mum. She was meant to be coming with us this time but passed away unexpectedly in early May. Before she died she made myself and my sister promise still to go. So it was just the two of us. 😞

Thanks for your generosity. I hope you were able to pass on your leftover items.

I'm sure it was a very bittersweet trip with many moments honouring your Mum

:grouphug:

:welcome:

Thanks for your input.

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort?

Our vacation countdown got 1 day shorter due to a flight change option! Can you please change our girls' trip to 9/20 to 9/25. Nothing is better than an extra day at the Beach Club!

Got it!

:thumbsup2

We are going to do the Early Morning Magic at MK, and it has been suggested to check in at the park at 7:30 am. Do the buses run this early, or will we need to find alternate transportation to MK? Also, about how long is the bus ride from BC to MK?

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Others have given you great responses to your questions. I will add that, yes, I have experienced buses running as early as 6:30. You should be all set to get to the Magic Kingdom by 7:30 if you are at the bus stop sometime between 6:45 and 7 am.

::yes::

Last edited:
Page 1485

Hi! I wanted to pop in & say a quick hello since our return from YC CL this past week. It was our first time at this resort & although it was only for one night before AKL, we really enjoyed it. The room was very nice, the pool was amazing, and the quick trips to Epcot & DHS could spoil a person! We booked a single night as a trial run, but all agreed that we would definitely like to stay again. Even DH said so, and he’d previously thought that he wouldn’t care for YC.

Based off of room recommendations I asked for here, I received a room in the vicinity of what I’d requested. We were in 5188–SV CL. It did have a daybed (Yay for DS13 who didn’t have to share with DD16!) and was close to the lounge—but not too close. ;) Our view was perfectly fine during the day, with the flag billowing near our balcony, but at night we discovered it was extra special because we could see fireworks surprisingly well! I’m thinking they must have been MK bc of our direction, but not entirely sure. Hopefully someone here can enlighten me!:)

I’m attaching a photo from our balcony. I’ll post later in the CL thread specifics pertaining to YC CL. (I have some food photos, too.)

Thanks so much for the awesome information that helped us have a great stay!

Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay and the description of your room. I'm glad it worked out for you and look forward to seeing you here again when you decide on a return stay.

:goodvibes

We were there in January. One day when we returned late in the afternoon there was a large dog barking in 5147. We were in 5145. A hotel manager was there. The guest returned about 20 minutes later. The barking stopped and in the next couple of days we heard one short yip.

Part of the dog agreement is that if the dog is noisy the guest must return within 30 minutes. If the dog will not be quiet it must be moved to the kennel. There is a dog walking area.

This is very helpful information. Thank you!

::yes::

Guests staying at Disney’s Beach Club Resort should be advised that first-floor rooms will be closed for more than two weeks as part of a refurbishment project.

Turn-of-the-century seaside cottages at Martha’s Vineyard are recalled in Disney’s Beach Club Resort, a deluxe-category hotel at Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Fla. Featuring crisp colors, seashell motifs, french doors and a white sand beach, this waterfront getaway offers 576 luxurious rooms and suites and a 73,000-square-foot convention center. It is located on Crescent Lake in the heart of Disney property.

The refurbishment, running from Monday, July 8th, to Tuesday, July 23rd, will include an upgrade to the in-room Wi-Fi, continuing the current trend that’s already taken place at other Walt Disney World resort hotels, including Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort, and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. Of course, if you need even more internet connectivity, you can also try your luck with the new Wi-Fi enabled fleet of buses that were recently announced.

~NM

Thanks! I haven't seen any info on this yet. Have added the info to Page 1.

:thumbsup2

Guests staying at Disney’s Beach Club Resort should be advised that first-floor rooms will be closed for more than two weeks as part of a refurbishment project. ... The refurbishment, running from Monday, July 8th, to Tuesday, July 23rd, will include an upgrade to the in-room Wi-Fi, continuing the current trend that’s already taken place at other Walt Disney World resort hotels, including Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter, Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort, and Disney’s Wilderness Lodge. Of course, if you need even more internet connectivity, you can also try your luck with the new Wi-Fi enabled fleet of buses that were recently announced.

I wonder if this was planned far enough ahead, or if it will result in over-booking and people being moved out of the Beach Club.

We were here back in October of 2018 for 6 nights and it was amazing. However, we returned this past June 26th -June 30th 2019 and it was an awful experience. It was a lot of little things but considering we were there for only 4 nights those little things added up quickly. First let me start at the very beginning. 6 days before we checked in I called the hotel directly to put in a request to have a room close to Epcot just like I had done in October. The lady that I spoke to told me there are no rooms near the Epcot International Gateway only Villas. I said that's not true because we just stayed here in October and we were in a regular room and there were no villas near us and we were right by Epcot. Then she told me well there is a lot of construction due to the Gondola system and it would be very loud, do you still want that room? I was like well ok and just left it at that and thought well we will just make due. So we arrive at the hotel and they did give us a room right by the international gateway. It was a regular room and no villas around us. Also there was absolutely no construction the Gondola station is finished. So I still don't understand why she lied to me and why she had to be so condescending but I let it go! After all we are at Disney and lets start the vacation. So we check in and they send us to room 3514. We walk in and there is no bedding on the bed and there is food on the counters and dirty robes on the floor. We waited about 15 minutes thinking house keeping would be back?? Then we called the front desk and they moved us to 3516 which I was glad because 3514 had a huge water stain in the corner of the wall. 3516 had a huge red stain in the carpet?? whatever. So we let that go and went to Animal Kingdom. We get their and 4 rides out of the 8 are down. Dinosaur, primeval whirl, Mt. Everest and its tough to be a bug. All have technical difficulties. So we have to forgo our fast passes because we couldn't use them in Pandora and we already had a private Safari tour planned so that only left us with triceratops spin which we did ride. We then decided to eat lunch early. We ate lunch and needless to say we didn't get to ride the rides that we wanted. Then that next night was Thursday and we had tickets to the Villains party and that was fun. However when we got back to the room it was 75. The AC wasn't running. So we called the front desk and we had to beg for a fan and the maintenance men came up to our room about 3 am. They got it working and went on their way. However it was probably 3:30 by the time they left. At 10:15 am we had breakfast reservations at Cape May at the hotel this was Friday morning. It was my daughters first time at Disney and we were celebrating her high school graduation. She was tired and wanted to skip breakfast however she wanted us to bring something back. I asked the hostess and the waiter if I could pay for it and just feel a to go box with a mickey waffle some bacon and potatoes. Nope sorry we cant do that. They weren't willing to help us at all. So instead of using a Table credit we had already prepaid for we had to order a hamburger from room service and pay over 40.00. She eats like a bird so I don't understand why they couldn't be more accommodating especially since we were up all night with no air. Then later that day we went to the pool. The girl scanning magic bands scanner wasn't working so she wanted our room number which we gave her and then she was like well I am not sure if you are staying here but I guess I will let you in to the pool with a snarky tone. I'm sorry but when you are paying $500.00 a night I don't want any attitude from people that work at the beach club but we ran into this attitude constantly. I don't know if that is just the way it is in June or what but everyone was so kind in October so it was very strange to us and so disappointing. Then we went to beaches and cream at the hotel for Ice Cream. It was busy, but they did a good job of taking orders and getting people in and out. What upset us was they took our order and 4 other families that came in after us got their ice cream before us. I asked the girl at the desk like why are we not being served she said someone else was getting ours and I guess they were really slow or had to churn the cream because it was about 20 minutes after the families behind us got their ice cream that we got ours. Room service only came to our room once. Thank goodness I brought trash bags because we had a hug bag of trash by the time we checked out. I let them know we were celebrating our daughters graduation and asked if they could send something special up and they said they would but that never happened. No one ever acknowledged the celebration they didn't even give us a celebration pin when we checked in. We had no magical moments the whole trip. The service everywhere was mediocre at the parks hotel and restaurants. We went to story book dining and had to ask for the heart at the end because the waitress forgot to bring it. We also had tickets for the after hours at Hollywood Studios that Friday night and my daughter was still tired from being up all night with the ac she decided not to go with us. I asked the front desk if we could get the money back for her afterhours ticket and they said no which I wasn't upset about it because I kind of figured but everything we asked for we were told no there were no accommodations made for us in any kind of way the whole trip. Then we did the Frozen dessert party on that following Saturday and the area that was blocked off for the party, people that didn't pay for the party came in through the store that it backed up to they were standing at the front blocking the view for the people that paid for the great view. My husband said something to the cast member and they asked a few to leave but more were still getting in to that area which was frustrating. Again these are all little things but when you add them up it made for a disappointing stay. I am not the type to complain ever but when you pay over $5000 for a 4 night 5 day vacation its hard not to complain. It was so bad the last day we just wanted to go home. My husband went down and complained and told them how disappointed we were in our stay at the Beach Club and asked if they would refund us for the tickets we weren't going to use on Sunday. After he explained everything that happened they stated they would refund us $386.00 for the unused tickets which to date we haven't received. I am so upset we were looking to purchase DVC but now I don't even want to go back to Disney. Considering it was my daughters first time and her graduation present it really just breaks my heart. The Disney goggles are off!
Thank everyone I agree I know people have things going on and they are human and I get it but the attitude was everywhere at the beach club. Not sure why but everyone was too busy to be bothered and didn't seem to like being at work which I get. Maybe it was just a summer thing because when we went in October it was amazing the CM are very kind and genuinely cared. Regardless we ended up getting a credit this past Friday for $617.00 Not sure how they came up with that number we were only asking for 1 day ticket for the 3 of us to be refunded for that Sunday that we left instead of using. So this does make me feel better. I still hate my daughter didn't catch the Disney bug and really didn't see what all the hype is about. We will take her again when its much cooler and less crowded and try again. :)

Hi all - I'm hoping to do my Garden Grocer order later.... just wanted to check on fridge size. Will I be able to fit a gallon of water and a half gallon of milk in at the same time?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter