Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks! We had a lovely — but at times very sad — time reminiscing about trips to WDW with our Mum. She was meant to be coming with us this time but passed away unexpectedly in early May. Before she died she made myself and my sister promise still to go. So it was just the two of us. 😞
So sorry for your loss. Well done on honouring your mum’s wishes. It’s hard to lose your mum no matter what age we are :hug:
For the people that have stayed at the YC, are there any issues with dogs being at the resort?

Can people bring their dogs into the CL lounge?

Do you like the floors without carpets? Is there noise from the floor above?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
We’ve stayed and while we saw dogs in the lobby they were well behaved and we had no issues at all :)

Hi Everyone! We’re heading down to the Beach Club this Independence Day and was just wondering if the Yacht and Beach do anything special for the holiday? We’ll be heading to Epcot for fireworks. thanks!

Hi Everyone! We’re heading down to the Beach Club this Independence Day and was just wondering if the Yacht and Beach do anything special for the holiday? We’ll be heading to Epcot for fireworks. thanks!
They had a lot of special 4th of July activities when we were there a few years ago. Besides extra activities in the pool area they had lawn games by the volleyball court and a party on beach which included beach games and a barbecue

They had s’mores at the campfire instead of only marshmallows.

They didn’t post the lineup for the 4th of July activities until the day before. There were posters by the bus depot and lobby that listed them.

I was impressed with all the extra things they do and I plan to be there next year. :)

For the people that have stayed at the YC, are there any issues with dogs being at the resort?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:
We were there in January. One day when we returned late in the afternoon there was a large dog barking in 5147. We were in 5145. A hotel manager was there. The guest returned about 20 minutes later. The barking stopped and in the next couple of days we heard one short yip.

Part of the dog agreement is that if the dog is noisy the guest must return within 30 minutes. If the dog will not be quiet it must be moved to the kennel. There is a dog walking area.

We were there in January. One day when we returned late in the afternoon there was a large dog barking in 5147. We were in 5145. A hotel manager was there. The guest returned about 20 minutes later. The barking stopped and in the next couple of days we heard one short yip.

Part of the dog agreement is that if the dog is noisy the guest must return within 30 minutes. If the dog will not be quiet it must be moved to the kennel. There is a dog walking area.

Thank you. I have been curious about how barking dogs have been handled.

Sorry I'm late with this message for my friends north of the border. Hope it was a great day!

View attachment 413522
Being in Michigan, most of my Canada pals are east and south of me!

I have a split stay coming up. We are staying one night at Pop Century and then moving over to YC CL on 8/3. I think my sister and her DD will want to sleep in a bit, but my nephew and I will be ready to get going with our day. Would there be any problem with nephew and me checking in at YC early -- like 7:00 or so -- to grab some breakfast, drop our bags, and get over to Epcot for rope drop and then my sister and niece move over later? I know they won't have a room for us that early, but I want to get my move done and not rely on my sister to move anything. (I love her, but she is my little sister even though I'm 57 and she is 51 and, well, little sisters . . ..)

Thanks all!

Would there be any problem with nephew and me checking in at YC early -- like 7:00 or so -- to grab some breakfast, drop our bags, and get over to Epcot for rope drop and then my sister and niece move over later?
As long as you are listed on the room reservation who won't have any problem checking in early and dropping your things at Bell Services. :)

I was there the middle of June for 5 days and only saw one small dog in the lobby on our check out day ;).

I wasn't sure how I'd like no carpet, but I was surprised how nice it actually was. The room had a clean/crisp feel to it :).
Hi! I wanted to pop in & say a quick hello since our return from YC CL this past week. It was our first time at this resort & although it was only for one night before AKL, we really enjoyed it. The room was very nice, the pool was amazing, and the quick trips to Epcot & DHS could spoil a person! We booked a single night as a trial run, but all agreed that we would definitely like to stay again. Even DH said so, and he’d previously thought that he wouldn’t care for YC.

Glad you had a nice stay and enjoyed YC CL :flower3:.

Thank you so much for posting the pictures- I will add them, along with your descriptions, to the YC View thread

You're welcome :).

As long as you are listed on the room reservation who won't have any problem checking in early and dropping your things at Bell Services. :)
The reservation is under my name with my sister and kids listed. I guess I'm more wondering if my sister will be able to get into the room if one is available when she and my niece get there. Sounds like everything should be good with everyone's name on the ressie. Thank you!

So the other day, I called to pay off our BWI Sept trip. And somehow, I booked another trip for Dec 15-21 at BC. I’m not sure how it happened. :confused3 :scared1: I got my DH On board by telling him, “Hey, let’s just keep it for now, & if we have a good time in Sept. we’ll keep it. And if we don’t we’ll cancel.” :laughing:

So the other day, I called to pay off our BWI Sept trip. And somehow, I booked another trip for Dec 15-21 at BC. I’m not sure how it happened. :confused3 :scared1: I got my DH On board by telling him, “Hey, let’s just keep it for now, & if we have a good time in Sept. we’ll keep it. And if we don’t we’ll cancel.” :laughing:
Smooth!!!

Some variation of this is how I have trips in July and September. 😉

I waited until my bf had his third glass of wine the other night then convinced him that we need to go on a cruise 😉

We were here back in October of 2018 for 6 nights and it was amazing. However, we returned this past June 26th -June 30th 2019 and it was an awful experience. It was a lot of little things but considering we were there for only 4 nights those little things added up quickly. First let me start at the very beginning. 6 days before we checked in I called the hotel directly to put in a request to have a room close to Epcot just like I had done in October. The lady that I spoke to told me there are no rooms near the Epcot International Gateway only Villas. I said that's not true because we just stayed here in October and we were in a regular room and there were no villas near us and we were right by Epcot. Then she told me well there is a lot of construction due to the Gondola system and it would be very loud, do you still want that room? I was like well ok and just left it at that and thought well we will just make due. So we arrive at the hotel and they did give us a room right by the international gateway. It was a regular room and no villas around us. Also there was absolutely no construction the Gondola station is finished. So I still don't understand why she lied to me and why she had to be so condescending but I let it go! After all we are at Disney and lets start the vacation. So we check in and they send us to room 3514. We walk in and there is no bedding on the bed and there is food on the counters and dirty robes on the floor. We waited about 15 minutes thinking house keeping would be back?? Then we called the front desk and they moved us to 3516 which I was glad because 3514 had a huge water stain in the corner of the wall. 3516 had a huge red stain in the carpet?? whatever. So we let that go and went to Animal Kingdom. We get their and 4 rides out of the 8 are down. Dinosaur, primeval whirl, Mt. Everest and its tough to be a bug. All have technical difficulties. So we have to forgo our fast passes because we couldn't use them in Pandora and we already had a private Safari tour planned so that only left us with triceratops spin which we did ride. We then decided to eat lunch early. We ate lunch and needless to say we didn't get to ride the rides that we wanted. Then that next night was Thursday and we had tickets to the Villains party and that was fun. However when we got back to the room it was 75. The AC wasn't running. So we called the front desk and we had to beg for a fan and the maintenance men came up to our room about 3 am. They got it working and went on their way. However it was probably 3:30 by the time they left. At 10:15 am we had breakfast reservations at Cape May at the hotel this was Friday morning. It was my daughters first time at Disney and we were celebrating her high school graduation. She was tired and wanted to skip breakfast however she wanted us to bring something back. I asked the hostess and the waiter if I could pay for it and just feel a to go box with a mickey waffle some bacon and potatoes. Nope sorry we cant do that. They weren't willing to help us at all. So instead of using a Table credit we had already prepaid for we had to order a hamburger from room service and pay over 40.00. She eats like a bird so I don't understand why they couldn't be more accommodating especially since we were up all night with no air. Then later that day we went to the pool. The girl scanning magic bands scanner wasn't working so she wanted our room number which we gave her and then she was like well I am not sure if you are staying here but I guess I will let you in to the pool with a snarky tone. I'm sorry but when you are paying $500.00 a night I don't want any attitude from people that work at the beach club but we ran into this attitude constantly. I don't know if that is just the way it is in June or what but everyone was so kind in October so it was very strange to us and so disappointing. Then we went to beaches and cream at the hotel for Ice Cream. It was busy, but they did a good job of taking orders and getting people in and out. What upset us was they took our order and 4 other families that came in after us got their ice cream before us. I asked the girl at the desk like why are we not being served she said someone else was getting ours and I guess they were really slow or had to churn the cream because it was about 20 minutes after the families behind us got their ice cream that we got ours. Room service only came to our room once. Thank goodness I brought trash bags because we had a hug bag of trash by the time we checked out. I let them know we were celebrating our daughters graduation and asked if they could send something special up and they said they would but that never happened. No one ever acknowledged the celebration they didn't even give us a celebration pin when we checked in. We had no magical moments the whole trip. The service everywhere was mediocre at the parks hotel and restaurants. We went to story book dining and had to ask for the heart at the end because the waitress forgot to bring it. We also had tickets for the after hours at Hollywood Studios that Friday night and my daughter was still tired from being up all night with the ac she decided not to go with us. I asked the front desk if we could get the money back for her afterhours ticket and they said no which I wasn't upset about it because I kind of figured but everything we asked for we were told no there were no accommodations made for us in any kind of way the whole trip. Then we did the Frozen dessert party on that following Saturday and the area that was blocked off for the party, people that didn't pay for the party came in through the store that it backed up to they were standing at the front blocking the view for the people that paid for the great view. My husband said something to the cast member and they asked a few to leave but more were still getting in to that area which was frustrating. Again these are all little things but when you add them up it made for a disappointing stay. I am not the type to complain ever but when you pay over $5000 for a 4 night 5 day vacation its hard not to complain. It was so bad the last day we just wanted to go home. My husband went down and complained and told them how disappointed we were in our stay at the Beach Club and asked if they would refund us for the tickets we weren't going to use on Sunday. After he explained everything that happened they stated they would refund us $386.00 for the unused tickets which to date we haven't received. I am so upset we were looking to purchase DVC but now I don't even want to go back to Disney. Considering it was my daughters first time and her graduation present it really just breaks my heart. The Disney goggles are off!

We were here back in October of 2018 for 6 nights and it was amazing. However, we returned this past June 26th -June 30th 2019 and it was an awful experience. It was a lot of little things but considering we were there for only 4 nights those little things added up quickly. First let me start at the very beginning. 6 days before we checked in I called the hotel directly to put in a request to have a room close to Epcot just like I had done in October. The lady that I spoke to told me there are no rooms near the Epcot International Gateway only Villas. I said that's not true because we just stayed here in October and we were in a regular room and there were no villas near us and we were right by Epcot. Then she told me well there is a lot of construction due to the Gondola system and it would be very loud, do you still want that room? I was like well ok and just left it at that and thought well we will just make due. So we arrive at the hotel and they did give us a room right by the international gateway. It was a regular room and no villas around us. Also there was absolutely no construction the Gondola station is finished. So I still don't understand why she lied to me and why she had to be so condescending but I let it go! After all we are at Disney and lets start the vacation. So we check in and they send us to room 3514. We walk in and there is no bedding on the bed and there is food on the counters and dirty robes on the floor. We waited about 15 minutes thinking house keeping would be back?? Then we called the front desk and they moved us to 3516 which I was glad because 3514 had a huge water stain in the corner of the wall. 3516 had a huge red stain in the carpet?? whatever. So we let that go and went to Animal Kingdom. We get their and 4 rides out of the 8 are down. Dinosaur, primeval whirl, Mt. Everest and its tough to be a bug. All have technical difficulties. So we have to forgo our fast passes because we couldn't use them in Pandora and we already had a private Safari tour planned so that only left us with triceratops spin which we did ride. We then decided to eat lunch early. We ate lunch and needless to say we didn't get to ride the rides that we wanted. Then that next night was Thursday and we had tickets to the Villains party and that was fun. However when we got back to the room it was 75. The AC wasn't running. So we called the front desk and we had to beg for a fan and the maintenance men came up to our room about 3 am. They got it working and went on their way. However it was probably 3:30 by the time they left. At 10:15 am we had breakfast reservations at Cape May at the hotel this was Friday morning. It was my daughters first time at Disney and we were celebrating her high school graduation. She was tired and wanted to skip breakfast however she wanted us to bring something back. I asked the hostess and the waiter if I could pay for it and just feel a to go box with a mickey waffle some bacon and potatoes. Nope sorry we cant do that. They weren't willing to help us at all. So instead of using a Table credit we had already prepaid for we had to order a hamburger from room service and pay over 40.00. She eats like a bird so I don't understand why they couldn't be more accommodating especially since we were up all night with no air. Then later that day we went to the pool. The girl scanning magic bands scanner wasn't working so she wanted our room number which we gave her and then she was like well I am not sure if you are staying here but I guess I will let you in to the pool with a snarky tone. I'm sorry but when you are paying $500.00 a night I don't want any attitude from people that work at the beach club but we ran into this attitude constantly. I don't know if that is just the way it is in June or what but everyone was so kind in October so it was very strange to us and so disappointing. Then we went to beaches and cream at the hotel for Ice Cream. It was busy, but they did a good job of taking orders and getting people in and out. What upset us was they took our order and 4 other families that came in after us got their ice cream before us. I asked the girl at the desk like why are we not being served she said someone else was getting ours and I guess they were really slow or had to churn the cream because it was about 20 minutes after the families behind us got their ice cream that we got ours. Room service only came to our room once. Thank goodness I brought trash bags because we had a hug bag of trash by the time we checked out. I let them know we were celebrating our daughters graduation and asked if they could send something special up and they said they would but that never happened. No one ever acknowledged the celebration they didn't even give us a celebration pin when we checked in. We had no magical moments the whole trip. The service everywhere was mediocre at the parks hotel and restaurants. We went to story book dining and had to ask for the heart at the end because the waitress forgot to bring it. We also had tickets for the after hours at Hollywood Studios that Friday night and my daughter was still tired from being up all night with the ac she decided not to go with us. I asked the front desk if we could get the money back for her afterhours ticket and they said no which I wasn't upset about it because I kind of figured but everything we asked for we were told no there were no accommodations made for us in any kind of way the whole trip. Then we did the Frozen dessert party on that following Saturday and the area that was blocked off for the party, people that didn't pay for the party came in through the store that it backed up to they were standing at the front blocking the view for the people that paid for the great view. My husband said something to the cast member and they asked a few to leave but more were still getting in to that area which was frustrating. Again these are all little things but when you add them up it made for a disappointing stay. I am not the type to complain ever but when you pay over $5000 for a 4 night 5 day vacation its hard not to complain. It was so bad the last day we just wanted to go home. My husband went down and complained and told them how disappointed we were in our stay at the Beach Club and asked if they would refund us for the tickets we weren't going to use on Sunday. After he explained everything that happened they stated they would refund us $386.00 for the unused tickets which to date we haven't received. I am so upset we were looking to purchase DVC but now I don't even want to go back to Disney. Considering it was my daughters first time and her graduation present it really just breaks my heart. The Disney goggles are off!
Wow I'm sorry you had such a disappointing trip, it stinks when things like that happen. It kind of seemed like one thing after another happened, and usually at that point when it happens to me I start to expect more of the same and if I'm not careful a downward spiral or self fulfilling prophecy of bad stuff can happen IYKWIM. It sounds like you had a string of bad luck in not getting any of the special touches or service that Disney used to be known for. They aren't obligated to do anything, but when you have such easy internet access and you read what others often get it's frustrating and disappointing when you feel you don't. I mean, technically you wouldn't be able to take food back to someone from a buffet. But come on, in your case it wouldn't have been a bad idea for them to help you our a little and it would have cost them next to nothing and made your day better. I also understand about not getting refunds on tickets for DAH that someone decides to not use, but I have read that occasionally people do get refunded so it's frustrating when you aren't given something someone else is. It's hard to remember that they don't have to do anything about a special celebration your have when you get on the internet and read about other people getting amazing extras for the very same celebrations - it's all in luck and timing of what CMs you run into and where. we've had times when we got magical moments, and have never ever been successful when we hoped for a recurrence lol!

As far as the BC staff and issues, you should let them know. The initial room problem and the new room having a stain, the AC issues, and housekeeping issues would be simple enough to put in an email. I would have called them and made housekeeping come while I was there, though. I probably would have ignored the stain, and if the AC truly didn't work we obviously would have gotten it fixed but if it was an issue where it goes off when you leave the room I wouldn't have cared, but I like rooms warmer than many. Same for the CM checking your bands - let them know and then try to forget about it. That is super annoying, but as much as things like that irritate me I try to remember maybe they are having a bad day or recently got in trouble for letting non guests in, or something like that.

As an outsider I have to say it sounds as if you shouldn't make plans ahead of time for you daughter, and should stick with checking on last minute ADRs and tickets for events only if they are still available once you know you all want to go.

I hope you have a much better trip whenever you decide to return! One bad trip shouldn't make you give up - only if it becomes recurrent - and I hope that doesn't happen.

I get it. Even though we all know Disney doesn’t have to give out pixie dust or make something extra special or even really right, what to us, is a wrong, we all kind of expect it. And that’s because 8.5 times out of 10, they live up to our (sometimes....possibly) over the top expectations, cause it’s DISNEY! Maybe that’s why it hurts so much when they don’t. But don’t give up! I’ve had my share of trips when I was so ready to go home & was thinking “I’m done”, it’s too crowded, CMs were salty, the buses suck, etc. However after a few weeks home, I start to miss it, the colors, smells, foods, & the “Welcome Home!”. At that moment I realize that everyone has bad days, maybe the CM had someone be rude to them right before they spoke to you, maybe they got in serious trouble for letting someone do something similar, maybe they’re worried about a loved one at home, or maybe the chef was on vaca & his or her replacement was overwhelmed. Who knows?! Let this vacation slide into the category of didn’t quite make us as happy as it should’ve. We’ve had those, everywhere. Plan another vacation at Disney, maybe stay at a different resort, plan less activities, & use a more laid back approach. The next time, you’ll feel the magic again. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!