Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Our vacation countdown got 1 day shorter due to a flight change option! Can you please change our girls' trip to 9/20 to 9/25. Nothing is better than an extra day at the Beach Club!

Last edited:
We are going to do the Early Morning Magic at MK, and it has been suggested to check in at the park at 7:30 am. Do the buses run this early, or will we need to find alternate transportation to MK? Also, about how long is the bus ride from BC to MK?

We are going to do the Early Morning Magic at MK, and it has been suggested to check in at the park at 7:30 am. Do the buses run this early, or will we need to find alternate transportation to MK? Also, about how long is the bus ride from BC to MK?
Buses start at 6:30ish but don’t run as often that early.
I believe it is about 15-18 minutes toMK once you are on the bus

That is so nice of you! Did you have a great trip?
Thanks! We had a lovely — but at times very sad — time reminiscing about trips to WDW with our Mum. She was meant to be coming with us this time but passed away unexpectedly in early May. Before she died she made myself and my sister promise still to go. So it was just the two of us. 😞

Thanks! We had a lovely — but at times very sad — time reminiscing about trips to WDW with our Mum. She was meant to be coming with us this time but passed away unexpectedly in early May. Before she died she made myself and my sister promise still to go. So it was just the two of us. 😞
So sorry for your heavy loss, I’m sure there were many tears..your mom would be so proud of the strength you showed honoring her request! ❤️❤️❤️

For the people that have stayed at the YC, are there any issues with dogs being at the resort?

Can people bring their dogs into the CL lounge?

Do you like the floors without carpets? Is there noise from the floor above?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

For the people that have stayed at the YC, are there any issues with dogs being at the resort?

Can people bring their dogs into the CL lounge?

Do you like the floors without carpets? Is there noise from the floor above?

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

I’ve stayed at YC three times since the dog policy went into effect. We’ve always seen dogs around the resort, but they were well taken care of and we weren’t bothered by them.

My understanding is that guests with dogs sign an agreement that the dogs not enter the food and beverage, club lounge, pool and fitness areas.

I liked the hard floors. They seemed more clean to me. I’ve stayed on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th floors and did not hear floor generated noise in the rooms. We did notice loud talkers and crying children.

As @Hopefully noted, buses will be running. Having done EMM many times, I’m personally quite sensitive to arriving to that event on time (and by on time I mean early, so checking in 7:15-7:30’ish), so I build in extra time ‘just in case’. I am not afraid to pull a “plan b” quickly if needed, such as a Minnie Van or taxi (one of mine still needs a car seat so Minnie Van is our main plan b when she’s been with us). When we’re close to being ready, I start eyeballing bus arrival times on the app and Minnie Van availability just so I’m ready to make a quick strategy decision. The bus times on the app can be volatile at times but I’ve found them directionally reasonable. Hope that helps!

Good luck!

Hi! I wanted to pop in & say a quick hello since our return from YC CL this past week. It was our first time at this resort & although it was only for one night before AKL, we really enjoyed it. The room was very nice, the pool was amazing, and the quick trips to Epcot & DHS could spoil a person! We booked a single night as a trial run, but all agreed that we would definitely like to stay again. Even DH said so, and he’d previously thought that he wouldn’t care for YC.

Based off of room recommendations I asked for here, I received a room in the vicinity of what I’d requested. We were in 5188–SV CL. It did have a daybed (Yay for DS13 who didn’t have to share with DD16!) and was close to the lounge—but not too close. ;) Our view was perfectly fine during the day, with the flag billowing near our balcony, but at night we discovered it was extra special because we could see fireworks surprisingly well! I’m thinking they must have been MK bc of our direction, but not entirely sure. Hopefully someone here can enlighten me!:)

I’m attaching a photo from our balcony. I’ll post later in the CL thread specifics pertaining to YC CL. (I have some food photos, too.)

Thanks so much for the awesome information that helped us have a great stay!

Attachments

• 0B9B8AC1-4A68-410E-8DF9-426D1F17EADC.jpeg
    0B9B8AC1-4A68-410E-8DF9-426D1F17EADC.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 53
Our view was perfectly fine during the day, with the flag billowing near our balcony, but at night we discovered it was extra special because we could see fireworks surprisingly well! I’m thinking they must have been MK bc of our direction, but not entirely sure. Hopefully someone here can enlighten me!:)

Yep, it was MK/Happily Ever After off in the distance. This is the view from the CL lounge in Feb, which faces the same direction as your room.

Thanks for your quick report. We stayed at YC CL one night on a random test run last summer - I had largely ignored YC in our travels - it never appealed to me from afar and it was the last Deluxe for us to try. We’ve been back for three trips since. Oops!

IMG_6739.jpeg

Yep, it was MK/Happily Ever After off in the distance. This is the view from the CL lounge in Feb, which faces the same direction as your room.

Thanks for your quick report. We stayed at YC CL one night on a random test run last summer - I had largely ignored YC in our travels - it never appealed to me from afar and it was the last Deluxe for us to try. We’ve been back for three trips since. Oops!

View attachment 413197

Thanks for responding so quickly. I thought so, but being in a different resort can throw a gal off! Lol! I never even thought about fireworks from our SV room, so it was a fun surprise. And I feel ya on YC. The AP discount sweetened the deal for us to try it, but now it may end up in the rotation!:rolleyes:

We were at YC at the beginning of June and did EMM. I had the Lyft app ready to go, but the bus came around 7:05, so no Minnie Van required. We were to the park, through security and the tapstiles, and got our EMM bracelets before 7:30.

Page 1482-1483

Other than beaches and cream, any refurbishments happening soon or into 2020 at Yacht/Beach ?

Not that we know about.

::yes::

View from YC WV CL room 5161

Thank you so much for posting the pictures- I will add them, along with your descriptions, to the YC View thread

Hi! Can anyone tell me which picture represents the rooms at BC Villas? I found photos on the TripAdvisor site that differ than those on the Disney website.

See attached!

*snip* pictures

:welcome: to posting on this thread and encouraging a lively discussion about the room types.

👍

Perhaps the order of the photos are different for us. I'm a bit confused on your post but for clarity I've inserted the photos into this post.

*snip* photos

:welcome: to the thread and thank you for your input!

:goodvibes

Funny, I actually used the 'Report' feature on TripAdvisor a couple weeks ago to let them know that these rooms (with the orange/coral accent color scheme) are not from the Beach Club... they're Vero Beach. Somehow they got associated with the wrong resort... Apparently they haven't done anything about fixing the issue, though!

:welcome: to the thread.

Thanks for your clarification and for trying to correct the misinformation.

:thanks:

I’ve stayed at YC three times since the dog policy went into effect. We’ve always seen dogs around the resort, but they were well taken care of and we weren’t bothered by them.

My understanding is that guests with dogs sign an agreement that the dogs not enter the food and beverage, club lounge, pool and fitness areas.

I liked the hard floors. They seemed more clean to me. I’ve stayed on the 3rd, 4th, and 5th floors and did not hear floor generated noise in the rooms. We did notice loud talkers and crying children.

Thanks for responding so quickly, I'm trying to plan our next trip to Disney. We've stayed several times at YC before the pet policy took effect. We've been staying at the BC but my heart is at the YC. We've been going to the YC since it opened in Nov 1990!

:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!