Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thank you for this info, i was about to ask the same thing.
Did you pre book before your stay or when you arrived? I was going to book for my dd 8 and dd 15, do you think the 15yo will be too old?
Also, you mentioned the tail, do you recall how much this was?

Did the evening pirate scavenger hunt? Or did you see any info on it?

Thank you.
We prebooked not long after the class was announced. I’m sure it will be based on the class on any given day what the age range will be, but I’d assume she’d be on the older end? We didn’t purchase a tail there but brought home info to order online (they privide a $10 off discount code at the class) and prices range from $109-119 on their website.

Booked for Sept 29-Oct 5! First time at YC! We are celebrating 20 years of Disney vacations. Thanks to the notes here, we booked a half day cabana on our SWGE day. Figured we might want to relax after getting up before the crack of dawn-lol. Looking forward to learning more from this group to make the most out of our stay!

Page 1471-1473

We stayed in Yacht Club Room 4216 at the end of May. The room has 2 queen beds, a daybed (or pull-out couch--didn't check out what it made into), shower without tub and sliding door to separate shower and commode from the sink area. The garden view wasn't much to look at; a courtyard area with some grass (didn't pay much attention to it either).

Thank you for the info about your room.

Any chance that you have a photo of the view that you can post or email to me? beachclubdee at yahoo

:goodvibes

I'm back!!! I'm back!!! :yay::yay::yay:

After some soul - wallet - searching, we decided against Boardwalk Water view and are coming back to our very favorite Yacht Club!!! I was first disappointed because I wanted a boardwalk view, but we can just walk on over if we want. Yacht/Beach was our first trip/resort together and it will be 20 years since that first trip when we go again next May! So of course we should stay there again!

We booked a water view and are so excited to experience the new room decor! And the new restaurant/lounge! A lot has changed since we stayed last.

Please add us to the list - andrea and micky 5/6/20-5/15/20 - Yacht Club!!!

Looking forward to hanging around for the next 11 months! :)

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

Any on when beaches and cream will reopen? Dining site wont let me book over christmas....closed thru winter is whatbit said i think....was looking to book for christmas time....thanks.

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

Is your December trip here or at another resort?

We will post any confirmed info about the Beaches & Cream renovation as soon as we get it.

::yes::

Just booked our 2020 trip! Can’t wait to return to our favorite resort! Dee, can you add us to the list? June 7-15, BC CL

Thank you for the info about your room.

Any chance that you have a photo of the view that you can post or email to me? beachclubdee at yahoo

:goodvibes

Sorry, I did not take a photo of room 4216. Something else I was impressed with though; seems like there were USB and power outlets all over the place making it easy to find a good spot to re-charge devices.

Sorry, I did not take a photo of room 4216. Something else I was impressed with though; seems like there were USB and power outlets all over the place making it easy to find a good spot to re-charge devices.
Completely agree! It was even more noticeable to us when we moved over to SSR for the second half of our stay last week, and they had 2 outlets in the kitchenette (none by the bed) and NO USB ports!

Along with Annual Passes, resort room rates for 2020 also increased overnight. The word is that the EPCOT resorts went up a bit more, than other Deluxe resorts.

I can say booking room only earlier this year for 2020, my rate is $6115 (yacht, water view, 9 nights, no tickets). Same parameters today and it's $6499. Almost $400 increase. My rate will stay at the cheaper rate as along as I make zero changes.

Not sure what the increase is normally though.

I've been looking and trying to figure out how long of a walk it will be from BCV to the new Epcot gondola station. We've never stayed at BCV and really want to try it. But, I'm having to convince my DH that we won't have to take a bus to HS . . . a la gondola.

How far is the walk? How would you equate it to to the walk from TTC to Poly?

I've been looking and trying to figure out how long of a walk it will be from BCV to the new Epcot gondola station. We've never stayed at BCV and really want to try it. But, I'm having to convince my DH that we won't have to take a bus to HS . . . a la gondola.

How far is the walk? How would you equate it to to the walk from TTC to Poly?

The gondola station is located at the International Gateway to EPCOT--maybe 5 mins, longer if you are a dawdler.

And we are booked for 2020! Funny thing, when I saw the total $ for the package my first thought was "wow, rates didn't really change for 2020!"....but then I realized that no, I just booked early enough for once to actually snag an elusive (for us at least) standard view room for this trip rather than having to pay extra for garden or water view. HA! In other news, we're paying close to the same amount for our trip this year in garden view as we are paying for the same dates next year standard view.

Anyways, we'll be at YC Sept 25-Oct 1st in 2020, before moving over to AKL to stay club level for the first time!

Only rooms available for May in both resorts were water view or a club level. No standard or garden views at all in either hotel.

I have a feeling they may become available at a later date though, perhaps they are holding them for some reason.

Still, happy with my water view, but will be keeping a lookout for an AP discount!

So we aren't booking till military discounts come out in a few months but we are debating between BC and YC. On our last trip we had some issues with Beach Club and wanted to try Yacht Club but after looking at some of the water views at YC I am second guessing myself. The water view at BC was amazing! We are doing 3 or 4 nights at YC or BC then resort hopping to Shades of Green for the rest of the trip.
Am I remembering correctly that YC has full balconies while BC only has a portion of rooms with these?
Also, can you see any fireworks from your YC balcony in any of the water view rooms?
The reason we are considering staying at YC over BC is because BC was a little too busy, noisy, and dirty for us....can you all think of any other reasons YC wins over BC?
Should we just stay with BC and hope that some of our issues are better the second time around?

Booked BC Garden View October 20 - 28, 2020! Yay! Was going for YC but only water view and up remained. Excited to try BC for the first time. Can't go wrong either way!

So we aren't booking till military discounts come out in a few months but we are debating between BC and YC. On our last trip we had some issues with Beach Club and wanted to try Yacht Club but after looking at some of the water views at YC I am second guessing myself. The water view at BC was amazing! We are doing 3 or 4 nights at YC or BC then resort hopping to Shades of Green for the rest of the trip.
Am I remembering correctly that YC has full balconies while BC only has a portion of rooms with these?
Also, can you see any fireworks from your YC balcony in any of the water view rooms?
The reason we are considering staying at YC over BC is because BC was a little too busy, noisy, and dirty for us....can you all think of any other reasons YC wins over BC?
Should we just stay with BC and hope that some of our issues are better the second time around?
We have been able to see Epcot fireworks from YC Crescent Lake water view rooms (we prefer straight on view facing lighthouse and boat docks and usually receive them via request). We could even see some from DHS at least one time. I just don’t remember any more, but it could have happened.

Page 1474

I don't have a copy of the Scavenger Hunt, but my DDs did it on our trip this past May. They had to take pictures with:
1) a hidden mickey
2) the captain
3) the vintage car at the BC front entrance
4) the lighthouse
5) the Ariel statue by the BCV (I think this was the 5th, but I'm not positive)

:welcome: to posting on this thread, and thank you so much for providing this info.

:thumbsup2

Just got back from a fantastic 6 day trip from Yacht Club CL . FYI they had a small sign at the Market at Ale and Compass (attached to the gift shop) they are now selling Mickey waffles with bacon/sausage for breakfast. It was a small sign near the register. :)

That is awesome news (although I guess I didn't realize that they weren't available at the YC until now...)

🥓

From all the YC maps posted here on the DIS , on touring plans and from my experience the quiet pool view is garden view. Only SAB pool view is water view!

Thanks- I believe you are correct.

And most of the SAB pool views will probably have a view of the lagoon as well.

::yes::

We have stayed at the BC in either January or February the last few years and did not experience any major refurb closures at SAB.
The only room that we had that only had a shower was a handicap accessible room. The regular rooms all had the tub/shower combo.

Thanks for providing this info.

:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!