Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Was wondering if anyone knew if you could request a toaster? We like to eat breakfast in our room and it would be nice to make toast or a bagel to go with cereal. We are booking at the Beach Club Resort. TIA

Was wondering if anyone knew if you could request a toaster? We like to eat breakfast in our room and it would be nice to make toast or a bagel to go with cereal. We are booking at the Beach Club Resort. TIA

Not that I am aware of, but if someone has had a different experience please let us know.

You can request a microwave, which will be provided free of charge if available.

There is a toaster for guest use in the Beach Club Marketplace, although I realize that is not as convenient as having one in your room.

::yes::

What’s wrong? Are they slow to get to it?
We love everything about BC except the housekeeping. I think we've had our room serviced exactly twice before 5pm on dozens and dozens of stays. We've had it done as late as 9pm. I don't know why they can't get this together - we have not had this problem at any other Disney hotel.

Has anyone done the mermaid school yet? We have booked it for our daughter in Aug and would love to hear about it? Thanks
My daughter just did it yesterday and loved every minute of it! There were 8 in her class (not sure if it was “full” but was the perfect size for plenty of individual instruction). Kids ranged in ages from probably 6-12 and should be a decent swimmer as the fins are not easy to maneuver! They got to do several “tricks” like swimming through hoops and you have the option at the end to purchase (or order) your own tail. The class takes place in the pirate slide pool, which was was the only downfall, as I think it would have been better for them to have more room to move around. At the end they had “free swim” and it was a bit crowded with 8 tails swimming about! Happy to answer any additional questions you have!

We are here now with a water view of the lake and Boardwalk area.
It is a lovely view!

Our housekeeping services are awful, but at least we have a nice view!

I'm just back today from 6 days at the YC and our housekeeping was or hit or miss. The first 3 days it was perfect; we even got towel art! (Remember when that was a thing here?) The second half of the week was...not great. Washcloths not replaced, used hand towels left behind, used glasses not picked up or replaced, floor not swept...On Thursday, my brother and SIL room was not serviced at all.
We were in room 3007 (water view of lagoon and boardwalk, tub, no shower dispensers, no day bed) and man, was it a hike! Even the concierge commented on it when neither Magicband would open our door. :P

My daughter just did it yesterday and loved every minute of it! There were 8 in her class (not sure if it was “full” but was the perfect size for plenty of individual instruction). Kids ranged in ages from probably 6-12 and should be a decent swimmer as the fins are not easy to maneuver! They got to do several “tricks” like swimming through hoops and you have the option at the end to purchase (or order) your own tail. The class takes place in the pirate slide pool, which was was the only downfall, as I think it would have been better for them to have more room to move around. At the end they had “free swim” and it was a bit crowded with 8 tails swimming about! Happy to answer any additional questions you have!

Awesome! Thank you so much for the review!

🧜‍♀️

On a related note- has anyone done the arts & crafts events (Painting in the Vineyard, Decorating a Wine Bottle for example) that they can review?

🎨

Thank you. That’s fantastic to know. My daughter is nearly 6 and a good swimmer for her age. Were you able to watch and be close by? I think she will be fine but is likely to be the littlest! Were any if the parents in the pool? Not sure if i could off booked to go with her. Thanks for the information

Thank you. That’s fantastic to know. My daughter is nearly 6 and a good swimmer for her age. Were you able to watch and be close by? I think she will be fine but is likely to be the littlest! Were any if the parents in the pool? Not sure if i could off booked to go with her. Thanks for the information
No parents in the pool but we were all allowed to stand around the edge to watch and take photos. There were 2 instructors and a lifeguard on duty so felt they were very safe!

We love everything about BC except the housekeeping. I think we've had our room serviced exactly twice before 5pm on dozens and dozens of stays. We've had it done as late as 9pm. I don't know why they can't get this together - we have not had this problem at any other Disney hotel.
We've always had good luck with calling housekeeping when we arrive in the room and requesting the room be cleaned by noon for the duration of the stay.

Hi! We’ll be checking into YC CL a week from tomorrow & are so excited to try this resort for the first time. We’ve actually never stayed at any Epcot area resorts and are looking forward to seeing what that’s like. (Yayyy!). We’ll only be there for one night before heading over to AKL for the rest of the week so our room request doesn’t seem quite as important. However, I was curious if anyone on this thread has had a standard YC CL room that they particularly enjoyed. I’ve researched some room views and am aware of what we could potentially have, but still wondering if anyone has any input before I submit my request. (I can’t believe it’s already that time!) Thank you!:)

On a related note- has anyone done the arts & crafts events (Painting in the Vineyard, Decorating a Wine Bottle for example) that they can review?

🎨
My mom and I did the ceramics painting earlier this year. It was great! The price was pretty reasonable (it depended on what you wanted to paint, but I think my mug was around $15?), they provide all the materials you need, and there was no time limit (which was good for me because I like to take my time with things). The only thing to note is that if you do the ceramics, they have to put it in the kiln, so it won't be available for a day or two, so try and do it earlier in the week. All other crafts you can take with you that day. You could also do any of the crafts any day of the week.

Hi! We’ll be checking into YC CL a week from tomorrow & are so excited to try this resort for the first time. We’ve actually never stayed at any Epcot area resorts and are looking forward to seeing what that’s like. (Yayyy!). We’ll only be there for one night before heading over to AKL for the rest of the week so our room request doesn’t seem quite as important. However, I was curious if anyone on this thread has had a standard YC CL room that they particularly enjoyed. I’ve researched some room views and am aware of what we could potentially have, but still wondering if anyone has any input before I submit my request. (I can’t believe it’s already that time!) Thank you!:)

Hi, we've only stayed CL once in a SV and were in room 5176. It is one of the rooms that has the huge balcony for 4 rooms. It overlooks the front of the hotel -- buses, etc. -- but it was a good room. We also liked that it was close, but not too close, to the Lounge. DH and I used the balcony every day and there were never any other people using it -- didn't matter the time of the day. For one night, I don't think I'd be so concerned about the view -- but the proximity to the lounge was very nice.

We're heading back to YC CL SV in August and I can't wait. Hope you have a wonderful stay there before you head off to AKL.

Thank you for this info, i was about to ask the same thing.
Did you pre book before your stay or when you arrived? I was going to book for my dd 8 and dd 15, do you think the 15yo will be too old?
Also, you mentioned the tail, do you recall how much this was?

Did the evening pirate scavenger hunt? Or did you see any info on it?

Thank you.

Hi, we've only stayed CL once in a SV and were in room 5176. It is one of the rooms that has the huge balcony for 4 rooms. It overlooks the front of the hotel -- buses, etc. -- but it was a good room. We also liked that it was close, but not too close, to the Lounge. DH and I used the balcony every day and there were never any other people using it -- didn't matter the time of the day. For one night, I don't think I'd be so concerned about the view -- but the proximity to the lounge was very nice.

We're heading back to YC CL SV in August and I can't wait. Hope you have a wonderful stay there before you head off to AKL.

Thank you so much for your reply! I’ve seen pictures of those balconies & actually thought they look like fun bc they’re different, but was curious about the proximity to the lounge. So that helps a lot! I agree about the view for one night; we’re just happy to have a chance to try YC out! We usually stay at AKL bc we love it so much, but I thought a one-night addition at the beginning of our trip would be a good way to venture out some & see what we think. I already know that my kids & I have always wanted to try that pool! We may end up wanting to return like you! Hope you have a great trip! :)

We just stayed in 5184 standard CL room and it was fantastic! 8 doors down from lounge it was great location. We overlooked the front valet . It was pretty quiet and for lounge access easy to get to but not too close to be noisy.

For those who’ve had the opportunity to stay CL at both YC and BC in the semi-recent past, would you mind sharing which one you preferred, and why? We are torn! Thanks for any feedback!

🎨
I am signed up for Painting in the Vineyard next week! I will be sure to report back on how it goes :artist:

All I know right now is that there is no AP/DVC/Disney Visa discount lol

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!