Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Just a little something to think about: WDW opened on October 1, 1971. They have previously started special celebrations on Oct 1st & gone from there, sometimes for the full following year. Disney has not announced when they will kick off the 50th anniversary celebrations yet or how long it will last. But you may not actually see anything celebration wise in May.
True if that’s the case we may change to October. I’m just hoping maybe they start before that because we love going in early May. 50th is a biggie I’m sure they want to get the most out of it :rolleyes: Hate waiting to find out 😩

I was just coming to ask that. My usual source has not updated yet.

Is there anyone staying club level at Yacht & Beach this month who would be willing to email DSS to ask for a copy of the activities calendar?

:thanks:
Okay I had DSS email June activities calendars to me this morning and just when I thought I could post it I get error message that it doesn’t like the way I did the attachment. I’m serious technically deficient so @natebenma if there’s a way I can email to you let me know and I will forward for you to post. :teeth:

If you are referring to Beaches & Cream - even if it is not undergoing rehab while you are there, Beaches & Cream is full service, not quick service. Just wanted to make sure you were aware.

This website lets you search by location and see the menus. With my family, looking at the menus works better than asking for recommendations. Somebody might tell us their favorite restaurant, but it might not have food which works for us.

http://allears.net/dining/menu
Yes! This is great!! The Disney website is no help- they really need a better system to plan dining. I’ll check this site out- thanks for tip on B&C, I thought for sure that was QA in the old days 😂😂

......The only thing I have found that makes it difficult is that they don't have take-away bags, so you have to bring your own (or get one from a nearby gift shop- there's always a nearby gift shop). ....
That will work until they go the way of the rest of Disney and stop giving out plastic bags when you shop at the stores. Got to carry your own or pay the $$$ to buy a bag now. Kind of makes me mad that the DCL ships have adopted this policy now too.
Katesdad

Okay I had DSS email June activities calendars to me this morning and just when I thought I could post it I get error message that it doesn’t like the way I did the attachment. I’m serious technically deficient so @natebenma if there’s a way I can email to you let me know and I will forward for you to post. :teeth:

Thank you!

The email address I use for this thread is beachclubdee at yahoo.

:thanks:

That will work until they go the way of the rest of Disney and stop giving out plastic bags when you shop at the stores. Got to carry your own or pay the $$$ to buy a bag now. Kind of makes me mad that the DCL ships have adopted this policy now too.
Katesdad

I'm actually a BYOB gal (bring your own bag). I almost suggested bringing a tote for those doing takeout.

I applaud DCL for doing this- the sea turtles do, too.

And yes, I'm also a "No straw, please" crusader as well.

🐢

Last edited:
We took our DD’s best friend with us, so for the first time ever, we booked two rooms (they are 20 now!). They weren’t connecting but they were right next door to one another. We were lucky enough to pretty much have all our requests fulfilled...the other two were lake view on a higher floor, and a full balcony. Rooms 4541 and 4543 were terrific. We were right above the secret entrance. Here’s the view looking straight out:

Do you mind me asking a few questions about the rooms?

What was the bedding- Queen beds or a king?

What type of coffee maker in the room?

Thanks!

Been fun reading all the tips here.
My wife and I are staying @ BC water view room from 12/6 to 12/13 as part of our split stay (AKL 12/1 to 12/6) for what we are calling our Disney Honeymooniversary.
The honeymoon we never had and 25th wedding anniversary combined in December to enjoy Christmas at WDW.
will keep reading for great info and maybe ask a few questions.

Didn't think we'd be back so soon, but we'll be staying at the YC on June 23-26. We normally stay BC, but did stay at YC a LONG time ago. It was a last minute decision to stay at a Disney resort and we originally booked POR to keep it lower budget, but then I researched YC and it was only a "little" more LOL. We only have one park day and my husband thinks I'm nuts that I want to do 3 if not all 4 parks. Any room requests I should consider? We have a garden/woods view room. I'll also check the informational pages, but open to suggestions.

Hi all!

Which do you like best for water views - Yacht or Beach? Or do you not notice a difference?

thanks!

Has anyone recently grabbed a Minnie Van from Yacht Club to MK around 6 pm ? Are they still hard to schedule one? Did is cost about $40 bucks? Thanks

Has anyone recently grabbed a Minnie Van from Yacht Club to MK around 6 pm ? Are they still hard to schedule one? Did is cost about $40 bucks? Thanks

If you don't get an answer, you can try checking from home at 6:00 pm. Open the Lyft app. When it asks your location, type in Disney's Yacht and it will pop up Disney's Yacht Club Resort as a suggestion. For destination, type in Magic Kingdom. I think you should see Minnie Van as an option along with regular Lyft types of rides, but I can't check myself right now because it's 5:30 am and I don't think Minnie Vans are running yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!