Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks for sharing your pics! Now I'm even more excited for our upcoming stay in October! We have 2 garden view rooms booked so am curious to what our view will be (one room will be for 3A, 2C so hopefully we'll have the sofa bed or whatever it's called like your room has. The other room is for 2A so probably will be 2 queen beds.)

I know this is contrary to popular belief, but my personal opinion is that Split Stays are a pain in the neck, and that's when I'm travelling solo. It would be an even bigger pain in the neck if trying to do it with two young children. I don't like having to pack up my stuff - there's the clean clothes, the dirty clothes, the I've-worn-this-but-can-wear-it-again clothes, and for some people wet bathing suits. You would be trying to pack while watching the kids. I bring my own toiletries, so I would either have to pack up my wet soap in its soap dish, or bring two bars of soap and throw one out as I leave hotel 1. My shampoo and conditioner bottles would be wet from the shower. I always have food in the room, so I would have to pack that up, too.

In your situation, I think the bigger issue would be that you are essentially homeless on your move day, because you don't know what time your room at the second hotel will be ready.

Typically Disney will move your bags between hotels, but I don't know if that works if you are moving to Shades of Green. So you may lose time on your move day by having to move the stuff yourself.

If staying at Beach Club CL level for the whole time is out of the budget, what about Beach Club non CL level for the whole time?

I agree it isn't ideal to switch resorts. We did it last time between shades and AK and it was annoying. That was 1 kid and we had a rental car. I wasn't able to get either hotel for the whole week, and I really don't want to give up the club level as I am really looking forward to the little snacks. The good thing is on move day, that is our only non park day so I sort of planned on being in limbo most of the day staying at BC in the pool area as long as possible, then having bell services move luggage (already asked and they said yes), then dinner in Disney Springs. Sounds ridiculous to stress this much over car seats. I think I've got my plan now and I'm sticking to it lol.

c274753e-b94a-443e-b047-f0fdca0c75c1-jpeg.402443

We have had a similar balcony before and I was just so tempted to go out onto that rooftop so bad and put my chair there! lol

With kids, small kids who nap, a balcony would be choice #1. Older kids who don’t nap, I don’t care. At the BC I would request close to elevator because we were. We were close to the ice machine too which was an added bonus! I loved, well my kids loved to be able to quickly get to the marketplace to refill those drinks. I know when we go in 4 years my BC request will be close to elevator and my Poly request will be Rarotonga (I would deal with the 2nd floor no balcony as long as we were in that building).

Just wondering - is there more than one bank of elevators? My preference would to be closer to Epcot than to the pool. Thanks.

Just wondering - is there more than one bank of elevators? My preference would to be closer to Epcot than to the pool. Thanks.
The BC has the main bank of elevators, next to the Marketplace, plus a single elevator near the Quiet Pool. The single elevator is closer to EPCOT and will allow you to go out the door in front of you, when exiting the elevator, walk around the Quiet pool, and get right on the walkway to EPCOT. Once on the walkway, it's about a three minute walk to the IG entrance.

Does anyone know if something is going on at Cape May on 10/30? I'm still shocked that there are no dinner reservation times at all that night! (Since my 180 day mark...) Ugh, this is my husband's must do and we missed it last time so I really need to get it in, but rearranging plans is making it difficult!

Just upgraded from Pop to Yacht Club for our November trip to Food & Wine... SO EXCITED! We got a water view so I’m hoping for a gorgeous view of the lake. Can’t wait to check out Stormalong Bay and the gondolas!
Water view could be just a view of a quiet pool.

Is there a kids height limit on that small kiddie slide?

They never yell at me when I ride it and I don't even have any kids that would hang out with me at the pool when I go down this slide again and again.

I would encourage you to be brave and "Go For It!". You only live once and life is short. If you are the type of person who is not afraid to ride small slides then I definitely recommend going on this one.

~NM
PS. Ask me about pool tubes in hot tubs. If you are, like myself, afraid to live dangerously, then this is the way to go! Pool tubes in hot tubs eliminate that annoying problem of banging into the side of the tub unexpectedly. They also have the added benefit of cutting down on the crowds in the tub. There is nothing that says "Stay Away!" better than a middle aged women sitting on a pool tube in a hot tub.

Hey everyone!

I'm still here. Kinda. :blush:

WAY too many balls in the air, even more than the crazy number I am usually juggling.

:jester:

I'm reading along, replying when I can, but having a lot of trouble keeping up in an orderly manner. I feel badly that I haven't had a chance to :welcome: all our new friends personally, but so appreciate everyone being helpful as usual with answers to questions, comments and opinions.

:thanks:

A couple of things are wrapping up in the next few days, so hopefully this weekend I'll have a chance to catch up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!