Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I think I might’ve finally found my club level availability. I’d have to switch from yacht club to beach club and it would only be a standard view. I think all club level is in fifth floor at YC—what about BC? Are all club level standard rooms in same floor as club lounge? Thanks so much.

Also, the room description is scaring me that it doesn’t mention a daybed? Do these rooms have 2 queen beds plus a daybed?
Are you 4 or 5? I don't believe the BC CL allows 5 any longer

I am still torn on whether to stay at YC (our "home resort") or Poly for our anniversary. I just love the clean lines and bright cheeriness of the building and rooms at YC and of course SAB. The rooms at Poly seem so dark. However, the relax tropical feel of Poly is enticing. I just feel that the Poly lobby (not that we'd be in it much) would seem crowded all the time. Also, since we are going in August, I like the idea of not having to go outside to get to the lobby at YC. I'm wondering if we should just stay at YC and rent a patio at Poly and do Luau one night. That way, we get the best of both worlds. Comments and suggestions??

I am still torn on whether to stay at YC (our "home resort") or Poly for our anniversary. I just love the clean lines and bright cheeriness of the building and rooms at YC and of course SAB. The rooms at Poly seem so dark. However, the relax tropical feel of Poly is enticing. I just feel that the Poly lobby (not that we'd be in it much) would seem crowded all the time. Also, since we are going in August, I like the idea of not having to go outside to get to the lobby at YC. I'm wondering if we should just stay at YC and rent a patio at Poly and do Luau one night. That way, we get the best of both worlds. Comments and suggestions??

We don't like the Poly because it is dark, it has separate buildings, the lobby is busy, and the decor seems very outdated. The last time we stayed there we were in the farthest building from the Great ceremonial House and it was a fairly long walk in the rain to get any food. The Volcano pool is always crowded. And we don't like having to take the monorail to Epcot. The lines at night are terrible.

I would just visit the Poly, maybe have a meal there, but stay at the resort that I loved. :)

Whoa! I wonder if the water on the 7 seas lagoon was attracting them worse than Crescent Lake? That was really nice of them.
it was not relaxing there was a ton of them. My 2 year old son was flipping out too.
That makes sense, I saw quite a few of little kids freaking out about them in the parks. I'm terrified of bees & buzzing things but luckily for me they don't make that awful buzzzzzz sound. That makes my hair stand on end to hear.

I think I might’ve finally found my club level availability. I’d have to switch from yacht club to beach club and it would only be a standard view. I think all club level is in fifth floor at YC—what about BC? Are all club level standard rooms in same floor as club lounge? Thanks so much.

Also, the room description is scaring me that it doesn’t mention a daybed? Do these rooms have 2 queen beds plus a daybed?

Most of the rooms have 2 Queen Beds, although there may be a few with a King-sized bed instead. Not sure how many. Not all of the rooms at club level (or throughout the resort) have daybeds. Again, I don't really know how many do.

Does anyone know if a group with 3 people would be assigned to a King-bed/daybed room. I'm guessing that parties/families with 2 guests are typically placed in the King Rooms, but has anyone travelling in a group of 3 been assigned to one of these rooms?

If you want a room with a daybed, you should add that as a request to your reservation. The room assigners will do their best to get guests their preferences, but there are never any guarantees.

Please note that approximately 1/4 of the BC Club Level rooms do not have full-sized balconies.

::yes::

Are there exits on the SE side of Beach Club near the IG? Or do people staying on this side have to walk all the way to the lobby to leave the building? The room I was looking at ended up on that end (according to touring plans) and if I were to book, I would want to make sure I could actually get out there.

Another question...Do you think that the IG is going to be overcrowded because of the Skyliner? It doesn't look like a very big area to have a huge addition of people lining up in the morning.

Are there exits on the SE side of Beach Club near the IG? Or do people staying on this side have to walk all the way to the lobby to leave the building? The room I was looking at ended up on that end (according to touring plans) and if I were to book, I would want to make sure I could actually get out there.

The “secret entrance” is by room 1501, there are stairs there for access to higher floors. Think there’s some pics in one of the first posts of this thread. EDIT: halfway thru post 13

The “secret entrance” is by room 1501, there are stairs there for access to higher floors. Think there’s some pics in one of the first posts of this thread. EDIT: halfway thru post 13
Thank you! We are torn four ways for our next trip. I think the Beach Club would be extra special.

Another question...Do you think that the IG is going to be overcrowded because of the Skyliner? It doesn't look like a very big area to have a huge addition of people lining up in the morning.

:thumbsup2

Also Page 1, Post 8 for the Beach Club and Page 1, Post 9 for the Yacht Club Secret Entrance/Exit

:goodvibes

Page 1451

Asked on the refillable mug thread but haven’t received a response, does anyone know if the YC marketplace offers almond milk (or any non dairy) options at the coffee bar?

Did anyone reply to this?

I don't know the answer but would love to be able to let you know, and to have the info available for others in the future.

:drinking1

Anyone who’s been recently, can you tell me if they still have the specialty coffee bar set up in the BC solarium? Thank you! 32 days to go!!!

:coffee:

I was there 4/4 - 4/9 and it was still there and open at 5:30 AM.

AWESOME!!!

Hope it continues to stay open especially with the EEEMH (Extremely Early Extra Magic Hours)

:cat:

Page 1452

For early morning flights or early park openings, I get coffees at Starbucks the day before and put them in the fridge. This makes it a little less painful!

I've done both depending on the season. I used the microwaves in quick service to re-heat and then add creamer. Not great, but does the trick. I have also been guilty of using 5 hour energy and caffeinated mints that you get on Amazon. (Viter energy)

:welcome: to the thread!

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort?

That is an excellent suggestion (ahem, except for the Starbucks part, I'm a Dunkin' gal). When I finally figured out to do that, it changed my mornings!

I prefer hot, black coffee in the morning, but when I can't make it in the room, I'll chill some overnight, add creamer and ice and I'm good to go until I can make it to a place that has hot, plain coffee.

:surfweb:

I have been trying to book a cabana for Saturday (5/11)! Let me know if you cancel :)

:welcome:

I hope you were able to get a cabana, and I hope you enjoyed your trip!

Just booked Beach Club November 14-18 :banana: So excited! I've never been before

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

Personally, I don't think it will be as bad as some people seem to think. They are adding more turnstiles at the IG to accommodate. Besides, from what I can see, the Skyliner will be letting people off a few at a time (instead of a bus/monorail disgorging a bunch a people at once). Only time will truly tell.

Thanks for the welcome, Dee. Daughter and I (men usually stay home) have stayed BC many times. Our first Yacht Club trip is August 14 -- 20th.
I am still not sure how I feel about the laminate flooring. They have a similar flooring at POFQ, and I felt like I should Swiffer. I'm a Massachusetts native -- I would love Dunkin at Disney. However, at this point, Starbucks reminds me of our trips since I only drink it at Dis! Good times! :flower:

:welcome:

I hope you were able to get a cabana, and I hope you enjoyed your trip!

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:[/QUOTE]

Page 1453-1455

Nice to hear. We have a full day booked in October and I asked for closest to the pool in order to keep an eye on the children. Looking forward to it.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for October. Are you staying at the YC or BC?

:cool1:

At the airport now heading home. We booked water view at Beach Club non club level. We were given the Newport Presidential suite on the club level. It was a amazing. We rearranged a few plans to take advantage of the breakfast and apps. This was our first time staying at beach club. I really enjoyed it but Yacht Club is still my favorite.

That is fantastic!

Thanks so much for sharing the pictures. At some point I'll "capture" them and save/post them to the Suites forum.

:banana::banana::banana:

Question for those who have had a cabana. How many lounge chairs are there available for laying in the sun? Is there room to get there early and have additional? We will have 6 people and 2 chairs out in the sun will not be enough.

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

When is your trip? Which resort?

:cool2:

The AP Discount is 15%. My cabana reservation shows up on MDE. The agent who made my reservation was very surprised when it showed up automatically.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Last edited:
Cabana Reviews, May 2019

I believe the cabana closest to the pool is number 1, behind that number 2, the second row was cabana 3 and the furthest away from the pool is cabana 4.

We reserved a full day cabana this past Tuesday (5/7/19). I booked it several weeks ago. It was an amazing way to spend a leisurely day at the pool. We were in cabana 4, which is in the back corner. We really liked being away from the hustle and bustle. There was a fully stocked fridge with waters and soda and a fruit tray. There is a tv, power source, extra towels, and plenty of seating options. Because we booked a full day, we also got a dessert tray which we had not expected. My son and husband both loved it (as did I) and I’m not sure how we will go back to “regular” pool days. For us, it was definitely worth the money.

There are two lounge chairs, one sofa, and two side chairs. If you have a larger group, the attendant can help you get more of the other loungers from around the pool. The group next to us did that (and then never used them).

View attachment 399921 View attachment 399922 Cabana update, 5/10/19, YC. What a great day! Weather cooperated. We were scheduled for the 3-7pm session but went down around 2 because the weather forecast was iffy. Since it hasn’t been rented in the am, it was all ready for us. No problem going early as the cabana attendant also thought the weather might end our 4 hour stint early but thankfully the weather cooperated. Very cool experience, highly recommend. Yes, it’s expensive, $180 with the AP discount. Fruit plate awesome & plenty of stuff to drink. First pix file too big!

Saw a wedding carriage ready to take bride & groom from the wedding pavilion but their arrival was taking forever so I only got a pix of horse & carriage.

Thank you for your reviews!

Cabana review! We had our cabana booked for the afternoon session (3-7pm) on Saturday May 11th. We had 6 people which is the max and I was worried we wouldn't have enough space for everyone to relax. There is a couch, 2 cushy chairs, and 2 nice lounge chairs. The CM also brought us another regular lounge chair from the pool area. The fruit tray was nice but went fast. Fridge was fully stocked and I liked having a CM who came to take our drink & food orders. I will say she was the only one taking care of all the cabanas so the length of time it took to get our orders varied throughout the afternoon. My dad decided we'd have cabana #4, which is set back from the pool area. One thing I didn't love about that particular cabana was that by late in the afternoon we were in the shade. Maybe good, maybe bad, depending on how warm it is & if you wanted to lay out. Also the CM brought me a cupcake because I was celebrating my birthday! View attachment 401284 View attachment 401285

:cool2:

Last edited:
Staying Beach Club Villas June 18 and Beach Club Resort ( Garden View) June 19-22. Is it possible to check in for both and use the magic band if i check in online? or will it work at the Villas till 11 am and at the Resort from 3pm? ( For charging to the room .. )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter