Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm certain this was posted somewhere, so please direct me if possible! Can anyone let me know about king bed rooms at YC? We requested one, but not sure how many there are in the resort/chances of getting, and wondered if they were located in a specific area.

TIA :-)

I'm certain this was posted somewhere, so please direct me if possible! Can anyone let me know about king bed rooms at YC? We requested one, but not sure how many there are in the resort/chances of getting, and wondered if they were located in a specific area.

I stayed in a room with a king before. It was ground floor, looking out on the wedding gazebo, and I believe it was near an elevator. It was a perfect location!

I have no info, but I saw your ticker and just had to say CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon! DH and I honeymooned at WDW when we were the same age you are now...9 years ago this June. (9 years? How did that happen?!) Amazing memories - perfect honeymoon location.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say congrats. :) Enjoy every moment.

We arrived at YC yesterday. I had requested on phone and thru Touring Plans for upper floor,king, overlooking gazebo courtyard. We got upper floor queen and what my husband calls Dolphin Annex. We are not the farthest from the lobby,but that room is only 2 away. We overlook the water filled ditch that feeds into the lake. There are giant pine trees between us and the dolphin, so all you can see is the tip of the fish tail. It’s actually very pleasant sitting out on the balcony this morning.
We got txt with our room number as the ME bus came onto Disney property. We stopped at front desk to get a map, and began the long hike. However our magic bands would not open door. Housekeeping was doing room across hall and let us in. He told us to call front desk and not walk all the way back. Front desk sent a runner and after making sure it was our bands not the door, said we would have to go back to lobby. On our way to Epcot we stopped and had them reprogram. Since it was on our way out,no extra walking.
We’ve been making use of the stairwell by our room. It is actually a shorter walk to Epcot than if we were in a room closer to lobby. For sure it will be shorter walk to HS.

I'm not sure that you will find the info about how many king beds or where they are located- I don't have the info in any of my files, but if someone else does, please let us know

What room category have you booked? Standard View, Garden/Woods or Water?

The one place you could check is the YC View Thread in the Resorts Community subforum and look to see the sample room descriptions, listed by view.

The one thing we do know is that there are not many rooms with king-sized beds so make sure that is your priority, and perhaps only, request:

"Honeymoon-room with king bed, please ;) "

:goodvibes

I have no info, but I saw your ticker and just had to say CONGRATULATIONS! I hope you have a wonderful honeymoon! DH and I honeymooned at WDW when we were the same age you are now...9 years ago this June. (9 years? How did that happen?!) Amazing memories - perfect honeymoon location.

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say congrats. :) Enjoy every moment.

You are so sweet!! Thank you so very much, we're incredibly excited. :lovestruc

I'm not sure that you will find the info about how many king beds or where they are located- I don't have the info in any of my files, but if someone else does, please let us know

What room category have you booked? Standard View, Garden/Woods or Water?

The one place you could check is the YC View Thread in the Resorts Community subforum and look to see the sample room descriptions, listed by view.

The one thing we do know is that there are not many rooms with king-sized beds so make sure that is your priority, and perhaps only, request:

"Honeymoon-room with king bed, please ;) "

:goodvibes

Hi @natebenma ! We have Garden/Woods view booked. I will definitely take a look at that view thread for sure, thanks for the recommendation! And yes! The only request we have is that exactly ::yes::. We're active people so we don't mind walking if we're placed on one end of a building, just don't want too much noise from elevators.

Thanks guys!

I don't have a lot of info, but I stayed in 4240 (standard view king). IDK if you would want this location. The room was the last one in the hallway and a bit of a trek from the elevators. It was also a very odd shape. The TV was mounted to the left of the bed and there were a ton of windows overlooking different roofs and the convention center. I only stayed one night before moving to GF and was grateful my early check-in request was honored because I just wanted a room. If I was there for a whole week, I would not have wanted that king room.

I don't have a lot of info, but I stayed in 4240 (standard view king). IDK if you would want this location. The room was the last one in the hallway and a bit of a trek from the elevators. It was also a very odd shape. The TV was mounted to the left of the bed and there were a ton of windows overlooking different roofs and the convention center. I only stayed one night before moving to GF and was grateful my early check-in request was honored because I just wanted a room. If I was there for a whole week, I would not have wanted that king room.

Thank you for your input! That room sounds less than ideal. Hopefully we'll have a bit of luck with having booked a Garden view instead of Standard. We would love to check in by 11am since our flight lands at 10:30am, but are willing to wait in order to have the best room we can get.

We arrived at YC yesterday. I had requested on phone and thru Touring Plans for upper floor,king, overlooking gazebo courtyard. We got upper floor queen and what my husband calls Dolphin Annex. We are not the farthest from the lobby,but that room is only 2 away. We overlook the water filled ditch that feeds into the lake. There are giant pine trees between us and the dolphin, so all you can see is the tip of the fish tail. It’s actually very pleasant sitting out on the balcony this morning.
We got txt with our room number as the ME bus came onto Disney property. We stopped at front desk to get a map, and began the long hike. However our magic bands would not open door. Housekeeping was doing room across hall and let us in. He told us to call front desk and not walk all the way back. Front desk sent a runner and after making sure it was our bands not the door, said we would have to go back to lobby. On our way to Epcot we stopped and had them reprogram. Since it was on our way out,no extra walking.
We’ve been making use of the stairwell by our room. It is actually a shorter walk to Epcot than if we were in a room closer to lobby. For sure it will be shorter walk to HS.
The secret entrance! I was in that part of the building last trip, but we overlooked the "quiet" pool and didn't love the location (bright lights & loud people), but not enough that we asked to move. I wish I'd remembered that entrance earlier in our trip because once I did it saved us a lot of time. ETA We booked a garden view and I don't see how that qualified, but oh well.

From AllEars.net:

The average room at the Yacht Club is 380 sq. ft. Most rooms feature two queen-size beds, a table and chairs, color TV w/remote, a ceiling fan, double sinks in the dressing area, and refrigerator. Some rooms have a daybed that will accommodate the maximum 5 guests allowed per room at the Yacht Club. There are also pet friendly rooms. Of the 539 regular guest rooms at the Yacht Club, 483 rooms have queen-sized beds, 56 rooms have king-sized beds, and there are 10 disabled access rooms. Most rooms have a balcony that have a table and two chairs. Standard Rooms are for all guests, including Concierge Club.
This is a bit outdated, as the ceiling fans have been gone for awhile. They were adding more King-bedded rooms with the refurb. I'm not sure if this info is from before or after the rooms were redone.

The secret entrance! I was in that part of the building last trip, but we overlooked the "quiet" pool and didn't love the location (bright lights & loud people), but not enough that we asked to move. I wish I'd remembered that entrance earlier in our trip because once I did it saved us a lot of time. ETA We booked a garden view and I don't see how that qualified, but oh well.
Actually we are 2 hallway turns beyond the pool and tennis courts. On our wing there are only 3 floors. At night it is very dark outside our room.

Our least favorite room was “pebble beach” aka the roof.

So, the bad news and the good news...

Dee, please take me off the Be Our Guest list for May.

A last minute too-good-to-pass up AP deal has us moving over to AKL instead. (We were just at YC over Easter, and we’re back again in September, and the AKL AP rate saved us over $450 total for the weekend.)

But the good news, please add me to the Be Our Guest list for December 12-15, 2019, YC GV.

It seems I somehow convinced DH that we needed to book a bounceback to come back in December for the holiday stuff and hopefully the additional SWGE ride. (But if it’s not open then, that’ll just mean I need another trip in January or February.)

So excited!! We'll be at the YC tomorrow by early afternoon! Fingers crossed our room is ready. We have a 6:30 am flight. Luckily ours is a small airport and only have to be there an hour before the flight, but we're 45 minutes away! We have the MK DAH tomorrow night and we're all going to need a good long nap when we arrive! We may be the ones napping in the lounge chairs by the pool. lol

So excited!! We'll be at the YC tomorrow by early afternoon! Fingers crossed our room is ready. We have a 6:30 am flight. Luckily ours is a small airport and only have to be there an hour before the flight, but we're 45 minutes away! We have the MK DAH tomorrow night and we're all going to need a good long nap when we arrive! We may be the ones napping in the lounge chairs by the pool. lol
Have a wonderful trip! MK DAH the first night there sounds pretty amazing to me!

So, the bad news and the good news...

Dee, please take me off the Be Our Guest list for May.

A last minute too-good-to-pass up AP deal has us moving over to AKL instead. (We were just at YC over Easter, and we’re back again in September, and the AKL AP rate saved us over $450 total for the weekend.)

But the good news, please add me to the Be Our Guest list for December 12-15, 2019, YC GV.

It seems I somehow convinced DH that we needed to book a bounceback to come back in December for the holiday stuff and hopefully the additional SWGE ride. (But if it’s not open then, that’ll just mean I need another trip in January or February.)
Yeah for a December bounceback!

Can anyone who is there now (or visited recently) tell me how much Cape May Cafe breakfast is currently? I have checked all of the usually recommended sites and none of them agree on current pricing. I realize it could change six times between now and when we get there next week. Thanks!

I took this photo yesterday. Hopefully it posts. If not, it’s $38 adults and $23 kids.

Attachments

• D81E77F6-DE9D-4C1E-B3ED-8F224AE101DB.png
    D81E77F6-DE9D-4C1E-B3ED-8F224AE101DB.png
    485.9 KB · Views: 59
How can I be added to the Be Our Guest list? I posted a couple of times to request but not sure if I'm looking at an updated list I found on page 15.

We will be staying at the Yacht Club 10/24-10/29/19 in two garden view rooms. It will be our first time staying at the Yacht Club and we are super excited! The first room will have myself, my DS, DSW, DGD5 and DGD8 and second room will have DS32 and DS25. I'm hoping for some tips on room requests. We are hoping overlooking the Gazebo, high floor close to lobby (such as room 4091).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter