Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Actually, I have been told by CMs who have been involved with room assignments at the resort that they pay more attention to the requests that are called in than the ones that are faxed.

Your mileage may vary- some guests have reported being successful with faxes, particularly when they are part of a subscription service, but our recommendation is to call in your request through Disney's Central Reservation Office.

These are the numbers I have listed in the FAQ/Other Useful Info Section- the second number ending in 1936 is the one listed on the WDW phone directory:

Walt Disney World (number on wdw website): (407) 939-5277
7 am to 11 pm

Walt Disney World Resort Reservations: (407) 939-1936
0800 16 90 730 (UK)

:thumbsup2
Thank you! :D Called & made my first ever room request (in like 6 years, omg). *fingers crossed*

Do you know what hotels the Magical Express delivers to in addition to Beach Club and where Beach Club generally is in that order?

We added a day at Beach Club before transferring to the Poly. Our plan was Chef Mickey's breakfast (we get in early that morning), swim at the pool, and then head into the Magic Kingdom for dinner at CRT. It makes the most sense to do breakfast at Cape May, but Chef Mickey's is such a tradition for us I can't imagine not doing it. The distance seems like it would be a pain though.

If you had a leisurely day at Beach Club before spending the evening in the Magic Kingdom what would you do with your time? My 180 is tomorrow and we just added this day today so it's throwing me for a loop!

Do you know what hotels the Magical Express delivers to in addition to Beach Club and where Beach Club generally is in that order?

We added a day at Beach Club before transferring to the Poly. Our plan was Chef Mickey's breakfast (we get in early that morning), swim at the pool, and then head into the Magic Kingdom for dinner at CRT. It makes the most sense to do breakfast at Cape May, but Chef Mickey's is such a tradition for us I can't imagine not doing it. The distance seems like it would be a pain though.

If you had a leisurely day at Beach Club before spending the evening in the Magic Kingdom what would you do with your time? My 180 is tomorrow and we just added this day today so it's throwing me for a loop!
95% of our Magical Express trips from MCO to BC/BCV have been; 1. CBR, 2. BW, 3. BC/BCV, & 4. YC. That's also the way the lanes are set up at MCO. BC, YC, and BW are lane 4 and CBR is lane 5 when entering the loading queue. The other 5%, we've had a stop at POR which is maybe twice in my recollection.

:welcome: to this thread!

When is your trip?

Have you ever gone to the Cape May Café breakfast? If not, I think the convenience would make this the perfect opportunity to try it.

Although it has been years since I have done any character dining, I did both of these in the past and for what it's worth I preferred the character interaction at Cape May.

But I totally understand sticking to "tradition" as well.

Good luck with your decision.

Wondering if anyone stayed in a Garden View Room at the Yacht club that they just absolutely loved the view from? Looking for ideas for room request. Was thinking the rooms that face the smaller pool but not sure. Are there any garden views that might get a glimpse of the water or possibly even a view of fireworks at Epcot?

We had a garden view room that faced the gazebo that had a partial view of Crescent Lake. We absolutely loved that room.

I was having dinner with a friend last week and she was asking about my Disney plans. She has been a lot with her family but it's been a few years. I told her we were going to take DME to BC and she gave me some warnings that it takes a long time and one time her sister's luggage was missing for a whole day. Kinda made me nervous. I don't really want to sit on a bus for 2 hours with 2 toddlers after we just had a 3 hour flight. I sort of just want to get to the resort. So I was thinking about getting a rental car one way dropping it off at Dolphin (read that a few pages back) or taking a car service like Tiffany town car (also read about a few pages ago). The rental car would be about $60 and the car service about $85. We will have 2 carseats that we use on the plane. Last time we went to WDW we rented a car for the week and it worked out well. I wouldn't keep it more than the 1st day though. Both of these options would allow for a quick drop to get a case of bottled water- I love water and drink copious amounts of it. (The cl lounge doesn't have bottled water unless you ask, right? ) Scanning in at the gate to dropped off my dad and the kids might accrue charges?

::yes::
A few transportation questions

Has anyone recently taken a taxi cab or Uber/Lyft to the water parks or Disney Springs?

What was the approx. cost?

What is the deal with Minnie Vans- is it still a flat fee for anywhere on Disney property? If so, what is that cost?

Thanks!

:thanks:

I think they did away with flat rate pricing for Minnie Vans:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/minnie-van-service/

Thanks!

::yes::

We used Uber last year to DS, drop off is West side zones 8 and 9 where the regular busses are and was less than $10 there. We didn't realise the drop off point and we needed to be the other side of DS! Pickup is at East and West and uses a FIFO (first in,first out) system like a virtual que. They have designated pick up points once you have booked your request.

That's very helpful info! Thanks!!!

Hi Dee, we just returned from a great stay at the Beach Club (miss it already). My DD and I ran the Star Wars 10k and half-marathon this past weekend. The evening after the half-marathon we decided to take a Minnie Van from Beach Club to Hollywood Studios. The charge was $21.87 before gratuity, so I don't think it's a flat $25 fee anymore. We normally walk to HS, but we were 'dis-bounding' as Star Wars characters for the Star Wars Dessert Party, and didn't want to be sweaty before we got there! :)

Thank you!

:goodvibes

Our experience with the Magical Express has almost always been CBR, then BW, then BC and finally YC. Once in awhile it will skip CBR, but mostly sticks to the same route every time.

It would really be much more relaxing if you had breakfast at Cape May on arrival day. You could then go to Chef Mickey's on your Poly check in day. If you plan to have a pool day then it would be really easy to drop off your bags, go to Cape May, then go to the pool. You may find that you will enjoy mixing it up. :)

Page 1435

thank you so much! We are going in May! Can't wait!!!

Awesome!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

We just got back and it opened at 9am and I *think* closed at 11pm. I'm not positive about closing time but I think I remember being in the room close to 11 one night and it was still open.

Thanks for the info!

:fish:

I'm not sure if they were old or new outfits, but this is what they were wearing when we were there on Sunday.

The outfits are very cute.

What did you think of the breakfast and the character interaction?

I was having dinner with a friend last week and she was asking about my Disney plans. She has been a lot with her family but it's been a few years. I told her we were going to take DME to BC and she gave me some warnings that it takes a long time and one time her sister's luggage was missing for a whole day. Kinda made me nervous. I don't really want to sit on a bus for 2 hours with 2 toddlers after we just had a 3 hour flight. I sort of just want to get to the resort. So I was thinking about getting a rental car one way dropping it off at Dolphin (read that a few pages back) or taking a car service like Tiffany town car (also read about a few pages ago). The rental car would be about $60 and the car service about $85. We will have 2 carseats that we use on the plane. Last time we went to WDW we rented a car for the week and it worked out well. I wouldn't keep it more than the 1st day though. Both of these options would allow for a quick drop to get a case of bottled water- I love water and drink copious amounts of it. (The cl lounge doesn't have bottled water unless you ask, right? ) Scanning in at the gate to dropped off my dad and the kids might accrue charges?

:welcome:

When is your trip?

It can take up to a couple of hours to get to Disney on DME, but in my experience it has usually been less.

If you tag your luggage it will take several hours to arrive- you also won't see it until you get to your room when that is ready.

You are correct, either renting a car or getting a car service after picking up your luggage will allow you to make a stop to pick up water and anything else you need, plus you will have your suitcases with you. If your room is not ready, you will need to have bell services hold on to your bags if you don't want to drag them around. You will be able to use the pool and other resort amenities once you are checked in (either online or in person)

You shouldn't accrue parking charges if you are just dropping off family and luggage, but if you arrive by car, let the person in the guard shack know that you are not parking there for your stay.

:goodvibes

The average time to reach your resort on DME is about 90 minutes from deplaning to resort. That includes walking to DME, waiting for the bus and travel time. We have never sat on the bus for 2 hours.
Have you considered the difficulty in collecting your luggage at baggage claim with 2 young toddlers. Then getting it to your transportation?
I would relax, take DME and let Disney do the work,.

The average time to reach your resort on DME is about 90 minutes from deplaning to resort. That includes walking to DME, waiting for the bus and travel time. We have never sat on the bus for 2 hours.
Have you considered the difficulty in collecting your luggage at baggage claim with 2 young toddlers. Then getting it to your transportation?
I would relax, take DME and let Disney do the work,.
I agree. Plus, DME plays Disney cartoons, trivia questions, etc - my kids love watching those on the way to the resort! You won’t even notice the time!

I have 20+ trips using DME and only had 1 minor luggage issue (we switched resorts last minute and the luggage still went there. Front desk assisted and it was delivered an hour later). Chances are if your friend had luggage missing for a day, it was airline related not DME (or they were surprised that it takes several hours to be delivered which turned into “a whole day!!!”)

I’ve always been to my resort within 90 minutes of landing. And I have been the last stop of 5 drop offs.

If you opt to rent or use a service, make sure it’s a big enough car to handle luggage and presumably strollers.

We had a garden view room that faced the gazebo that had a partial view of Crescent Lake. We absolutely loved that room.

We have had that same room/view and no doubt about it - it is our favorite!!!

FWIW - we have never had a problem with DME. The wait may depend slightly on what time your plane arrives. If it is an off time - the waits are usually a little longer. But really it isn't that bad. Remember if you rent a car you may have to wait in line there as well. Also - we have always just purchased cases of bottled water at the resort. I know that it would be cheaper somewhere else - but it isn't that bad and for me wouldn't justify the stop and rental car/car service. If you wanted to stop for more things - that would make more sense to me.

Re: DME, I must have the worst luck. We have only used it twice, both times to YC. Both times took at least 2 hours. Last time was the morning of Feb 3rd. It took over 2.5 hours from landing to YC. We were in the front of the plane & so off quick, so that wasn’t the problem. There was no line to check in, we walked right up to a worker. We waited in line inside for about 15- 20 minutes before being called to a bus. Then we waited another 15 - 20 as more people trickled in. We were the last of the 4 stop Sign: CBR, BWI, BC & then TC. We landed at 9:30 & didn’t get to YC til 12:15. And then we waited a few minutes for the bus to be able to pull up to the front to let us off.

We usually use Tiffany Towncar. Even waiting for our luggage, we are usually pulling into YC about an hour after landing. I wish we had better luck with DME, but it is aggravating thinking I could already be at my resort & I’m still sitting on a bus at the airport. So I like to throw that caution out there. DME might take a good bit longer than anticipated.

Last edited:
The outfits are very cute.

What did you think of the breakfast and the character interaction?

Cape May breakfast was great! We grabbed a reservation a day or two before for 8:45am and were seated right away. The food wasn't super extensive but there was plenty to eat and we enjoyed the omelet station.

The character interaction was also great and didn't feel rushed even though we were a party of two adults. Our waiter was on top of things and we were in and out in just under an hour. We saw all the characters during that time and even saw Minnie and Daisy twice.

I have a question. We stayed in a room last year that we loved and was hoping to get again this year. What do you think of the odds of requesting it?

Question?

On a hotel transfer from Coronado Springs to Yacht Club CL whats the earliest you think they will allow me to check in. Was hoping to get out of Coronado by around 10am and be at YC by 11-12ish.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!