Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks for your input.

Do you happen to have a picture of the view from your room? What was the room number?

Thanks!

:goodvibes
Sadly, I forgot to take a pic! But, it was room 2074. TP has pics from that line of rooms facing the quiet pool. As far as I know, they are all GV.

We just got back and had a room overlooking the quiet pool and loved it. It was very peaceful and quiet and the view of the pool and landscape is very pretty. It's funny that a view of SAB is considered water view, but the view of the quiet pool is a garden view. No view of fireworks though.

Were there 2 queen beds in the room? Daybed or not?

:thumbsup2

A few transportation questions

Has anyone recently taken a taxi cab or Uber/Lyft to the water parks or Disney Springs?

What was the approx. cost?

What is the deal with Minnie Vans- is it still a flat fee for anywhere on Disney property? If so, what is that cost?

Thanks!

:thanks:

Page 1432-1434

Thanks! I didn't bother having it added because we are stopping for 1 night only. Long story short, DH's work needed him to shift a day, he replied that we had already made our plans for the week (incurring expenses of our own), and they offered to comp a night "anywhere" so we added the day and I'm just glad that we're stopping "home" (and that we travel light- 3 resorts in 1 week is more than I'm used to).

"A trip is a trip, no matter how small"

::yes::

How much did you pay for this beauty?

I didn't see a price reading through the article and related links.

:scared1:

DH and I are getting a date night while we’re staying at the YC this summer, and I’m trying to figure out some fun things my in-laws can do with our kids while we are gone. We’re planning to swim that afternoon, and will probably meet up for dessert at Ample Hills after dinner. Since my in-laws aren’t going to have park tickets that day, they’ll need to stay around the Epcot resort area. (Plus they aren’t very familiar with Disney, so I’d worry about them getting lost if we sent them somewhere else ) Where should I tell them to go for a low key dinner, and what are some fun things to do besides the pool? Our kids are 5, 3 & 1 and we’ll probably be gone from 5-8 on our date night if that helps!

Hey, all! Just wanted to say once again that I am blown away at how helpful everyone is here in providing so much helpful information and answering all the assorted questions that pop up.

:disrocks:

If you use this link you can scroll down to each hotel in the Epcot Resort area to see the restaurant menus (Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk)
http://allears.net/dining/menu

Swan and Dolphin often have discounts for DVC members. This website lets you click on a restaurant, store, etc., and it tells you whether they offer DVC, AP, Disney Visa and/or Tables In Wonderland discounts:
http://mouseperks.com/dining_resorts.html

You also should check the DVC member website to see if there is an updated list of discounts.

Great links!

I use that first one whenever I want to check out menus. I have never heard of the second one you posted.

Just back from another great stay at the BCVs and running the Star Wars 1/2 marathon! Note to self, if you're from New England and train in 30 degree weather, the heat and humidity that accompanied us for this run really knocks you down. Other than that, weather was great for touring!
Great concerts at Epcot with Christopher Cross, The Spinners and Dennis DeYoung [Styx] last night. They put up the Easter Egg display in the BC lobby on Sunday and I've attached some pictures.

Thanks for the feedback about your trip. Wow, cool concert acts!

The Easter Egg pictures are great! BC only?

The biggest surprise was Ale and Compass and its lounge. The food was really, really delicious and the atmosphere was quiet and, dare I say, sophisticated?! I’m posting a couple of pictures. One is a pic of the shrimp and grits at Ale and Compass breakfast and the other, the baked feta and buffalo cauliflower at the Ale and Compass Lounge. We lamented that we ran out of time and didn’t get to eat here again.

YUM!!!

::yes::

Sounds like a great trip you’ve planned. I’ve eaten at all 3 restaurants many times and have always enjoyed our meals. Chefs is great value and only 1 credit if you’re on the dining plan. The other 2 are pricier but great experiences at both. Depending on your timing you may get a great view of the fireworks from Chefs if you have a window seat. You can’t go wrong with any of these choices :)

I saw on TP yesterday that the IG was moving to one tapstyle today as they do gondola stuff at IG.

Is anyone there that can confirm a change?

If anyone has reports about the impact at the IG in the next few months, and particularly in the fall when the gondolas go live, we would love to hear them!

The monthly resort activities calendar is always posted in this thread.
April calendar: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-post-1-13-14.3400342/page-1431#post-60466307

They can eat outside at Hurricane Hanna's, which is around Stormalong Bay. Some kids' meals come with a pail for playing on the beach.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/beach-club-resort/hurricane-hanna-grill/

They can also take a ride on the FriendShip boat, that runs between EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. If Beaches and Cream is open (not closed for refurbishment starting July 2019), it's is a great place to eat. Reservations highly recommended, if you can land one.

The photo booths on the Boardwalk are included in Memory Maker (if you have it- if you don't, consider it, especially with grandparents!). My kids enjoy choosing character frames and making a few funny faces.

That is fantastic info!!! Thank you so much!

Wondering if anyone stayed in a Garden View Room at the Yacht club that they just absolutely loved the view from? Looking for ideas for room request. Was thinking the rooms that face the smaller pool but not sure. Are there any garden views that might get a glimpse of the water or possibly even a view of fireworks at Epcot?
I've had Garden views that overlooked worksheds and "quiet" pools with bright lights and loud people at 1am, and those were at the farrrrrrrr end of the building. My favorite room I ever had at the yacht club was on the ground floor, one of the first ones past the elevator, that opened out onto a courtyard. Quiet at night and lots of natural light in the morning. It also didn't take 20 minutes to run back to the room to grab something, haha. I don't recall the room number though.

I'm going to ask a noob question because I've never bothered to do this before, but you have to fax in room requests, right? There's no other way to do one? What number do you send a fax to and is it just a letter with like your name, reservation info, and your request?

I've had Garden views that overlooked worksheds and "quiet" pools with bright lights and loud people at 1am, and those were at the farrrrrrrr end of the building. My favorite room I ever had at the yacht club was on the ground floor, one of the first ones past the elevator, that opened out onto a courtyard. Quiet at night and lots of natural light in the morning. It also didn't take 20 minutes to run back to the room to grab something, haha. I don't recall the room number though.
thanks! That's very good information!

:welcome: to this forum!

When is your trip?

On the Resorts Community Board, we have a couple of threads with a sample of views by category for the Yacht Club and the Beach Club.

This is the indexed listing of Garden View YC rooms. The rooms starting with 5 are on the fifth floor and are club level.

Please note that we generally do not recommend that you request a room by specific room number, but instead make your request using a description of what you want. The suggestion by a previous poster of "Wedding Gazebo View" is a good one and in many cases offers a peek at Crescent Lake.

Garden View- Garden View rooms at the Yacht Club may have a view of the Wedding Gazebo or the back entrance courtyard (lake side). There are also some GV rooms near the tennis courts/quiet pool.

???? First Floor

Room 1016

Room 1018

Room 1040

Room 1054

Room 1097

Room 1148

Room 1152

Room 1152

Room 2025

Room 2067

Room 2093

Room 2097

Room 2147

Room 2154

Room 3070
Room 3070, pictures

Room 3087

Room 3100

Room 3112

Room 3150

???? beebeeryan, tennis courts

Room 4097

Room 4110

Room 4137

Room 4150

Room 4223

One of the YC CL GV rooms

Room 5150

Room 5152

Room 5154

Room 5198

5198, March 2019 King Bed
thank you so much! We are going in May! Can't wait!!!

I'm going to ask a noob question because I've never bothered to do this before, but you have to fax in room requests, right? There's no other way to do one? What number do you send a fax to and is it just a letter with like your name, reservation info, and your request?

Actually, I have been told by CMs who have been involved with room assignments at the resort that they pay more attention to the requests that are called in than the ones that are faxed.

Your mileage may vary- some guests have reported being successful with faxes, particularly when they are part of a subscription service, but our recommendation is to call in your request through Disney's Central Reservation Office.

These are the numbers I have listed in the FAQ/Other Useful Info Section- the second number ending in 1936 is the one listed on the WDW phone directory:

Walt Disney World (number on wdw website): (407) 939-5277
7 am to 11 pm

Walt Disney World Resort Reservations: (407) 939-1936
0800 16 90 730 (UK)

We just got back and it opened at 9am and I *think* closed at 11pm. I'm not positive about closing time but I think I remember being in the room close to 11 one night and it was still open.

Thanks! DH will be thrilled. In February the hours were 10-8, and it frustrated him to no end. He loves going for a swim in the morning before we hit the parks and then again after we get back.

Has anyone recently taken a taxi cab or Uber/Lyft to the water parks or Disney Springs?

What is the deal with Minnie Vans- is it still a flat fee for anywhere on Disney property? If so, what is that cost?

Thanks!

We used Uber last year to DS, drop off is West side zones 8 and 9 where the regular busses are and was less than $10 there. We didn't realise the drop off point and we needed to be the other side of DS! Pickup is at East and West and uses a FIFO (first in,first out) system like a virtual que. They have designated pick up points once you have booked your request.

Thanks!

Hi Dee, we just returned from a great stay at the Beach Club (miss it already). My DD and I ran the Star Wars 10k and half-marathon this past weekend. The evening after the half-marathon we decided to take a Minnie Van from Beach Club to Hollywood Studios. The charge was $21.87 before gratuity, so I don't think it's a flat $25 fee anymore. We normally walk to HS, but we were 'dis-bounding' as Star Wars characters for the Star Wars Dessert Party, and didn't want to be sweaty before we got there! :)

Hi Dee, we just returned from a great stay at the Beach Club (miss it already). My DD and I ran the Star Wars 10k and half-marathon this past weekend. The evening after the half-marathon we decided to take a Minnie Van from Beach Club to Hollywood Studios. The charge was $21.87 before gratuity, so I don't think it's a flat $25 fee anymore. We normally walk to HS, but we were 'dis-bounding' as Star Wars characters for the Star Wars Dessert Party, and didn't want to be sweaty before we got there! :)

WHAT? Am I reading that correctly, $22 for a ride that is less than 2 miles--probably less than 1 mile? WOW! :headache::crazy2: I guess I shouldn't be so shocked--it is Disney, but egads! Okay--back to the regularly scheduled thread. . .but wow!:scared1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter