Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I got diabetes just from reading that description.
I was thinking the same thing when I read that! :earseek: My son was diagnosed with Type 1 a couple years ago, and it is amazing how much you have to change your diet when having Type 1. We actually all changed the way we eat since learning just how certain foods affect your body. We still have treats but nothing so completely full of sugar as mentioned above. And actually, after you stop eating so much sugar, you really don't even crave it anymore. I'm sure we are all healthier now for it. I'm a true believer that something good comes out of everything bad. :earsboy:

Holy Morning Sugar Rush, Batman!

View attachment 393566

This orange cream tart can be found at the Yacht Club’s Market at Ale & Compass and at the Beach Club Marketplace, and it is officially available today! Buuuuut the DFB is intrepid, and when we stopped in to try it yesterday, the cast member let us have one! (Further proof that it can’t hurt to ask at Disney World!)

This square tart is covered in a marbled mirror glaze that perfectly suits the princess who inspired it. It’s edged in sweet buttercream, which adds the biggest hit of sugar in the dessert.

Inside the tart is a thick vanilla custard that’s so dense as to eat more like a cheesecake. The orange cream comes in the (too) thin layer of orange custard on the bottom. Fans of orange won’t be thrilled that the flavor is so subtle, but if you’re in it more for the vanilla cream and the sweet pink color, you’ll be happy!

The Briar Rose Gold Ears on top are comprised of white chocolate discs and bow, tinted rose gold (er, sorry: BRIAR rose gold) and dusted with copious amounts of edible glitter.

:eek:

How much did you pay for this beauty?

DH and I are getting a date night while we’re staying at the YC this summer, and I’m trying to figure out some fun things my in-laws can do with our kids while we are gone. We’re planning to swim that afternoon, and will probably meet up for dessert at Ample Hills after dinner. Since my in-laws aren’t going to have park tickets that day, they’ll need to stay around the Epcot resort area. (Plus they aren’t very familiar with Disney, so I’d worry about them getting lost if we sent them somewhere else ) Where should I tell them to go for a low key dinner, and what are some fun things to do besides the pool? Our kids are 5, 3 & 1 and we’ll probably be gone from 5-8 on our date night if that helps!

DH and I are getting a date night while we’re staying at the YC this summer, and I’m trying to figure out some fun things my in-laws can do with our kids while we are gone. We’re planning to swim that afternoon, and will probably meet up for dessert at Ample Hills after dinner. Since my in-laws aren’t going to have park tickets that day, they’ll need to stay around the Epcot resort area. (Plus they aren’t very familiar with Disney, so I’d worry about them getting lost if we sent them somewhere else ) Where should I tell them to go for a low key dinner, and what are some fun things to do besides the pool? Our kids are 5, 3 & 1 and we’ll probably be gone from 5-8 on our date night if that helps!

Check out the activities schedule for your date night- kids might enjoy the movie under the stars or roasting marshmallows if that’s available. My kids love the entertainers on the boardwalk which makes for a pleasant stroll :)

View attachment 393710 View attachment 393711 We just got back on Sunday night from a lovely stay at YC. We requested a room with a daybed and got it. Loved the room refurbishment, which proves Disney can clean up and modernize the look of a room and maintain the theme. We booked garden view and had a really nice view of the quiet pool and the surrounding landscape. It was very pretty and quiet (prettier and quieter than SAB, IMHO).

The biggest surprise was Ale and Compass and its lounge. The food was really, really delicious and the atmosphere was quiet and, dare I say, sophisticated?! I’m posting a couple of pictures. One is a pic of the shrimp and grits at Ale and Compass breakfast and the other, the baked feta and buffalo cauliflower at the Ale and Compass Lounge. We lamented that we ran out of time and didn’t get to eat here again.
Great timing of posts ! I just booked a lunch at Ale and Compass for our June YC trip ! Pictures look fantastic.

Last edited:
I saw on TP yesterday that the IG was moving to one tapstyle today as they do gondola stuff at IG.

Is anyone there that can confirm a change?[/QUOTE? Hopefully not . I truly hope the skyline doesn’t effect our favorite resort to vacation in being YC. I hope the IG traffic stays low . It’s very convenient to stroll over to Epcot nightly.

Check out the activities schedule for your date night- kids might enjoy the movie under the stars or roasting marshmallows if that’s available. My kids love the entertainers on the boardwalk which makes for a pleasant stroll :)

The monthly resort activities calendar is always posted in this thread.
April calendar: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...-post-1-13-14.3400342/page-1431#post-60466307

They can eat outside at Hurricane Hanna's, which is around Stormalong Bay. Some kids' meals come with a pail for playing on the beach.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/beach-club-resort/hurricane-hanna-grill/

They can also take a ride on the FriendShip boat, that runs between EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. If Beaches and Cream is open (not closed for refurbishment starting July 2019), it's is a great place to eat. Reservations highly recommended, if you can land one.

The photo booths on the Boardwalk are included in Memory Maker (if you have it- if you don't, consider it, especially with grandparents!). My kids enjoy choosing character frames and making a few funny faces.

The photo booths on the Boardwalk are included in Memory Maker (if you have it- if you don't, consider it, especially with grandparents!). My kids enjoy choosing character frames and making a few funny faces.

What?! When did this happen? Thx for that tidbit, my kids love those booths.

Wow, thanks for the info! It's amazing how after all these years of visiting Disney, I am constantly learning new things on the DISboards. DISers know so much!

Holy Morning Sugar Rush, Batman!

View attachment 393566

This orange cream tart can be found at the Yacht Club’s Market at Ale & Compass and at the Beach Club Marketplace, and it is officially available today! Buuuuut the DFB is intrepid, and when we stopped in to try it yesterday, the cast member let us have one! (Further proof that it can’t hurt to ask at Disney World!)

This square tart is covered in a marbled mirror glaze that perfectly suits the princess who inspired it. It’s edged in sweet buttercream, which adds the biggest hit of sugar in the dessert.

Inside the tart is a thick vanilla custard that’s so dense as to eat more like a cheesecake. The orange cream comes in the (too) thin layer of orange custard on the bottom. Fans of orange won’t be thrilled that the flavor is so subtle, but if you’re in it more for the vanilla cream and the sweet pink color, you’ll be happy!

The Briar Rose Gold Ears on top are comprised of white chocolate discs and bow, tinted rose gold (er, sorry: BRIAR rose gold) and dusted with copious amounts of edible glitter.

:eek:

Good lord. I’d love to try a bite of that, but I suspect the whole thing would leave me feeling a bit ill.

Based on this information, I'd also specifically tell the guard on the way in that you are not parking your car. They're probably the ones marking down that you are parking, thereby generating the charge.

I’m going to have to check this when we go in August. I’m renting a car to spend the first couple days somewhere else, then heading to the resort. Planning to drop off my stuff with bell services, then return the car. I wouldn’t be pleased to get charged for parking. They should just ask at check in if you have a car like universal does.

I had no idea. This is so cool!

Wondering if anyone stayed in a Garden View Room at the Yacht club that they just absolutely loved the view from? Looking for ideas for room request. Was thinking the rooms that face the smaller pool but not sure. Are there any garden views that might get a glimpse of the water or possibly even a view of fireworks at Epcot?

Wondering if anyone stayed in a Garden View Room at the Yacht club that they just absolutely loved the view from? Looking for ideas for room request. Was thinking the rooms that face the smaller pool but not sure. Are there any garden views that might get a glimpse of the water or possibly even a view of fireworks at Epcot?
we faced the gazebo and had a wonderful view of the lake and BW when we looked to the right, plus the gazebo wasn't too shabby straight ahead :-). Loved the view, particularly for paying GV instead of water view.

:welcome: to this forum!

When is your trip?

On the Resorts Community Board, we have a couple of threads with a sample of views by category for the Yacht Club and the Beach Club.

This is the indexed listing of Garden View YC rooms. The rooms starting with 5 are on the fifth floor and are club level.

Please note that we generally do not recommend that you request a room by specific room number, but instead make your request using a description of what you want. The suggestion by a previous poster of "Wedding Gazebo View" is a good one and in many cases offers a peek at Crescent Lake.

:goodvibes

Garden View- Garden View rooms at the Yacht Club may have a view of the Wedding Gazebo or the back entrance courtyard (lake side). There are also some GV rooms near the tennis courts/quiet pool.

???? First Floor

Room 1016

Room 1018

Room 1040

Room 1054

Room 1097

Room 1148

Room 1152

Room 1152

Room 2025

Room 2067

Room 2093

Room 2097

Room 2147

Room 2154

Room 3070
Room 3070, pictures

Room 3087

Room 3100

Room 3112

Room 3150

???? beebeeryan, tennis courts

Room 4097

Room 4110

Room 4137

Room 4150

Room 4223

One of the YC CL GV rooms

Room 5150

Room 5152

Room 5154

Room 5198

5198, March 2019 King Bed

Parking

Thank you all for your info and input about parking at the resort and the repeated warnings to check your resort charges carefully at checkout to make sure you have not been mistakenly charged with a parking fee.

Correction, it is $33/night plus, of course, tip.

Thanks!

$24 per night, no discounts.

The only exception is there is no folio charge if you're staying on DVC points (owned or rented) or if you book a cash reservation thru DVC. And that's only because it's already paid for in the maintenance fees.

Thanks for this very helpful info!

We stayed at the Beach Club from March 6-16 and had a rental car for the entire length of our stay. It was a busy time due to spring breaks but, despite how crowded the parks and hotel were, we never had a problem finding a parking spot. I'd say the parking lot was always about two-thirds to three-quarters full but we were always able to find a spot in the front half of the lot closest to the Beach Club Villas and, by walking through the quiet pool deck at the Villas, then cutting through the "Breezeway" corridor of the villas, we were back at the Beach Club in no time :)

I would check your bill regardless, because a lot of people have reported having the parking fee added even if they didn't have a car. This seems to happen if you don't take DME to your resort (maybe you take an uber or whatever), so I'd check to be safe.

Regarding being charged for parking when you don't have a car:

My last stay was at Wilderness Lodge. The guard at the entrance scanned my Magic Band when I arrived in an Uber. I don't know what actually happens when they scan your Magic Band. Do they just see information? Or do they send information? Anyway, I was staying in a DVC room so no parking charge for me on that trip. I don't know what would have happen if I had been staying in a regular hotel room.

I'd have to wonder how many people were charged for parking cars that they didn't have and just missed the charge. Don't ask a CM if you were charged, you need to study your final bill. The format of that bill is very confusing so be diligent when checking.

~NM

:car:

We just got back and had a room overlooking the quiet pool and loved it. It was very peaceful and quiet and the view of the pool and landscape is very pretty. It's funny that a view of SAB is considered water view, but the view of the quiet pool is a garden view. No view of fireworks though.

We just got back and had a room overlooking the quiet pool and loved it. It was very peaceful and quiet and the view of the pool and landscape is very pretty. It's funny that a view of SAB is considered water view, but the view of the quiet pool is a garden view. No view of fireworks though.

Thanks for your input.

Do you happen to have a picture of the view from your room? What was the room number?

Thanks!

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter