Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Holy Morning Sugar Rush, Batman!

Briar Rose Gold Tart.jpg

This orange cream tart can be found at the Yacht Club’s Market at Ale & Compass and at the Beach Club Marketplace, and it is officially available today! Buuuuut the DFB is intrepid, and when we stopped in to try it yesterday, the cast member let us have one! (Further proof that it can’t hurt to ask at Disney World!)

This square tart is covered in a marbled mirror glaze that perfectly suits the princess who inspired it. It’s edged in sweet buttercream, which adds the biggest hit of sugar in the dessert.

Inside the tart is a thick vanilla custard that’s so dense as to eat more like a cheesecake. The orange cream comes in the (too) thin layer of orange custard on the bottom. Fans of orange won’t be thrilled that the flavor is so subtle, but if you’re in it more for the vanilla cream and the sweet pink color, you’ll be happy!

The Briar Rose Gold Ears on top are comprised of white chocolate discs and bow, tinted rose gold (er, sorry: BRIAR rose gold) and dusted with copious amounts of edible glitter.

:eek:

Last edited:
Page 1431-1432

Does anyone have recent pictures of the characters at the Cape May breakfast? Somebody told me they got new costumes but can't find any pictures anywhere. Can't wait to return to Beach Club in late May.

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I didn't know there were new costumes for the Cape May characters!

Anyone have recent pix?

:magnify:

Odd question, but I can always count on this board to pull through :D- can anyone tell me roughly how much a loaf of bread is at the Marketplace?

We usually order it with our grocery delivery but on our next trip we're just passing through and not ordering groceries. I'd still like PBJ supplies for DS2 but I can't see stuffing a loaf of bread into my luggage o_O

Wow, great suggestion about taking a few slices of bread to have when needed- loved your explanation in a later post.

I don't think I have your upcoming trip logged in. Do you want it logged in?

:goodvibes

I spoke with a manager this AM about the coffee maker status for BC and here’s what I was told. All Club Level rooms and suites have nespresso machines. Kurieg is in some rooms but not all and the conversion to all kuriegs is happening but going slowly. She had no timeframe for the complete conversion.

In other news, the BCV studios now have “real” plates and bowls and are no longer stocked with paper plates and bowls. Interestingly enough the utensils are still plastic. The other dilemma is that the plates are so big that they don’t fit in the kitchenette sink so cleaning them is a little clumsy?

That’s all I got for now. 2 more days until our 1/2 marathon on Sunday! The 5kers had a delay this AM dodging heavy rain and some thunder and lightening. It was a long morning for them!

OMG! THANK YOU so much for taking time to ask about this.

And, what???

So I know the lounge has the big space-age-I'm-scared-to-use-it Nespresso machine, but what is this about having them in the CL rooms and suites? Or did they mean Keurig? If not, is there anyone who has stayed BC CL recently, or will soon who can provide pictures of the coffee makers in the room.

:coffee:

:thanks:

Hi!

Can you add me to the Beach Club for Friday August 30th with checkout on Tuesday September 3.

I'm traveling solo and am in a Standard room. I plan to spend most of my time at the pools with early in the day forays into Epcot for Food and Wine before it gets too hot!

:welcome: back!

Sure thing! Your trip sounds delightful.

:cool2:

Just booked our 1st BC stay! We will be there June 19-23, celebrating both my kids’ birthdays (and mine the day before we leave)!

:welcome:

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list.

:cake:

Now that you've gotten all caught up on the guest thread, would you please add me for 6/20-24 at YC. Beach is our favorite resort, but couldn't match the YC discount for this trip and I'm excited to try it. I spent half of my life on a boat, so I figure I'll feel right at home!

:welcome:

No worries. I am so not caught up on the list, but going to update it now, so perfect timing!!!

True dat! The YC rooms were designed to resemble the cabin on a cruise ship, or so the legend goes. I look forward to checking out the "new" YC rooms during my stay in October.

:woohoo:

Last edited:
PARKING

Thanks for all of the posts about parking, especially the warning to check your bill/folio at checkout to see if you have been mistakenly charged a parking fee at the resort.

I don't ever pahk a cah when at Disney, so I appreciate when others provide info.

Can you folks clarify some things for me:

What is the parking charge, per night, if you have a car during your stay at Yacht & Beach?

Are there any discounts on the parking fee (Annual Passholders, anything else?)

How is the parking situation currently? Plenty of spaces? Decent locations or are you walking for days from the back of the lot?

We will be driving and understand there is now a fee for parking. If we valet park, is this an additional cost to the regular parking fee or is it instead of?

Correction, it is $33/night plus, of course, tip.

:thanks:

:car:

We will be at BCV in September! 9/8 - 9/15. This will be our first trip to this resort as BCV DVC owners. Can anyone comment on where we can get lunch on our check-in day? Our flight lands early (9:30) so we plan on ME from the airport and then some mini-golf and relaxing by the pool before heading to a park for the evening. Is there a must stop for lunch on the walk from mini golf back to the resort? Eat by the pool? I am so bummed that B&C will be closed for refurbishment - I was so looking forward to eating there! I hear Hurricane Hannah's has stepped up their game and might be a good choice and I also hear rumors of a satellite B&C location!!!????

Last edited:
We will be at BCV in September! 9/8 - 9/15. This will be our first trip to this resort as new DVC owners. Can anyone comment on where we can get lunch on our check-in day? Our flight lands early (9:30) so we plan on ME from the airport and then some mini-golf and relaxing by the pool before heading to a park for the evening. Is there a must stop for lunch on the walk from mini golf back to the resort? Eat by the pool? I am so bummed that B&C will be closed for refurbishment - I was so looking forward to eating there! I hear Hurricane Hannah's has stepped up their game and might be a good choice and I also hear rumors of a satellite B&C location!!!????

:welcome: home!

I'll add you to the list.

:cool1:

If I recall correctly (I've never been so others will have to confirm), there is an excellent counter service option at the Swalfin.

That's on the way back to the resort from the mini-golf, right?

I'm assuming the dining plan is not accepted there.

Lunch by the pool sounds delightful. You may be able to find something decent at Hurricane Hanna's. Check out the menu shortly before your trip as there are frequent changes.

There have been conflicting rumours about the alternate location for Beaches & Cream during the renovations. We will keep everyone posted as soon as we hear something!

::yes::

ETA: Garden Grove at the Swan

Here's a selection of the listing from the lunch menu. I believe they have a 20% discount for DVC members

Entrees
Maine Lobster Roll - Maine lobster, hellmann's mayonnaise, shaved celery, toasted milk bread $21
Fish Tacos - Local Mahi, Cilantro-Lime Cream, Pico de Gallo, Avocado, Red Cabbage $17
Braised Short Rib Sandwich - slowly braised short rib, house made giardiniera, smoked gouda $18
Monte Cristo Sandwich - black forest ham, gruyere cheese, dijonaisse spread on brioche bread $15
Garden Grove Burger - cheese, Honey Pepper Bacon, Avocado, Onion Strings $16
Chick Pea Shawarma - braised chick peas, warm naan bread, fresh parsley, creamy garlic dill cucumber sauce, shredded iceberg, pepperoncini $15
Meatball Hoagie - pork meatballs braised in tomato sauce, sharp provolone, soft Italian roll $17
Chicken BLT - romesco, heirloom tomato, sourdough, arugula $16

Sandwiches

Pulled Pork Sandwich - Carolina-style smoked pork shoulder, tangy house-made barbecue sauce, red pepper jam, coleslaw $17.00
Pastrami on Rye - thinly sliced pastrami, garlic spread, pickled mustard seed, shaved dill pickle, marble rye bread $16.00
Compressed Watermelon Salad - late harvest Florida watermelon, arugula, marinated feta, spiced pumpkin seeds, white balsamic vinaigrette, sea salt $16.00

Last edited:

Can you folks clarify some things for me:

What is the parking charge, per night, if you have a car during your stay at Yacht & Beach?

Are there any discounts on the parking fee (Annual Passholders, anything else?)

$24 per night, no discounts.

The only exception is there is no folio charge if you're staying on DVC points (owned or rented) or if you book a cash reservation thru DVC. And that's only because it's already paid for in the maintenance fees.

Wow, great suggestion about taking a few slices of bread to have when needed- loved your explanation in a later post.​

I don't think I have your upcoming trip logged in. Do you want it logged in?

:goodvibes

Thanks! I didn't bother having it added because we are stopping for 1 night only. Long story short, DH's work needed him to shift a day, he replied that we had already made our plans for the week (incurring expenses of our own), and they offered to comp a night "anywhere" so we added the day and I'm just glad that we're stopping "home" (and that we travel light- 3 resorts in 1 week is more than I'm used to).

We will be at BCV in September! 9/8 - 9/15. This will be our first trip to this resort as new DVC owners. Can anyone comment on where we can get lunch on our check-in day? Our flight lands early (9:30) so we plan on ME from the airport and then some mini-golf and relaxing by the pool before heading to a park for the evening. Is there a must stop for lunch on the walk from mini golf back to the resort? Eat by the pool? I am so bummed that B&C will be closed for refurbishment - I was so looking forward to eating there! I hear Hurricane Hannah's has stepped up their game and might be a good choice and I also hear rumors of a satellite B&C location!!!????

If you use this link you can scroll down to each hotel in the Epcot Resort area to see the restaurant menus (Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, Beach Club, Boardwalk)
http://allears.net/dining/menu

Swan and Dolphin often have discounts for DVC members. This website lets you click on a restaurant, store, etc., and it tells you whether they offer DVC, AP, Disney Visa and/or Tables In Wonderland discounts:
http://mouseperks.com/dining_resorts.html

You also should check the DVC member website to see if there is an updated list of discounts.

How is the parking situation currently? Plenty of spaces? Decent locations or are you walking for days from the back of the lot?

We stayed at the Beach Club from March 6-16 and had a rental car for the entire length of our stay. It was a busy time due to spring breaks but, despite how crowded the parks and hotel were, we never had a problem finding a parking spot. I'd say the parking lot was always about two-thirds to three-quarters full but we were always able to find a spot in the front half of the lot closest to the Beach Club Villas and, by walking through the quiet pool deck at the Villas, then cutting through the "Breezeway" corridor of the villas, we were back at the Beach Club in no time :)

Are parking fees automatically included in total cost of stay whether u do/do not have a vehicle?
I would check your bill regardless, because a lot of people have reported having the parking fee added even if they didn't have a car. This seems to happen if you don't take DME to your resort (maybe you take an uber or whatever), so I'd check to be safe.

We will be at BCV in September! 9/8 - 9/15. This will be our first trip to this resort as BCV DVC owners. Can anyone comment on where we can get lunch on our check-in day? Our flight lands early (9:30) so we plan on ME from the airport and then some mini-golf and relaxing by the pool before heading to a park for the evening. Is there a must stop for lunch on the walk from mini golf back to the resort? Eat by the pool? I am so bummed that B&C will be closed for refurbishment - I was so looking forward to eating there! I hear Hurricane Hannah's has stepped up their game and might be a good choice and I also hear rumors of a satellite B&C location!!!????

We ate at the Fountain at the Dolphin on our trip in February. They have burgers, salads, sandwiches, fries, onion rings etc. And ice cream, similar to Beaches & Cream. We were there late so it wasn’t crowded. But it has the same atmosphere as B & C.

Also the Matketplace at Beach Club has a decent flat bread pizza that we enjoy once in awhile. ESPN club at Boardwalk has sandwiches, salads, wings, nachos. Usually not hard to get a table there as a walk in. Boardwalk Bakery has some nice sandwiches & there is a pizza window on the Boardwalk too. Actually, lots of options in the area, it might be a “wait & see what you feel like” situation!

I would check your bill regardless, because a lot of people have reported having the parking fee added even if they didn't have a car. This seems to happen if you don't take DME to your resort (maybe you take an uber or whatever), so I'd check to be safe.

Regarding being charged for parking when you don't have a car:

My last stay was at Wilderness Lodge. The guard at the entrance scanned my Magic Band when I arrived in an Uber. I don't know what actually happens when they scan your Magic Band. Do they just see information? Or do they send information? Anyway, I was staying in a DVC room so no parking charge for me on that trip. I don't know what would have happen if I had been staying in a regular hotel room.

Based on this information, I'd also specifically tell the guard on the way in that you are not parking your car. They're probably the ones marking down that you are parking, thereby generating the charge.

Booked my half day cabana! I got the AP discount, but I had to ask for it & then insist it was real, after the CM told me there was no discount. I said I'd heard from multiple passholders that they had a 15% discount and she "double checked" and then said she saw it. I thought that was interesting, since when booking other things the CMs usually ask me if I'm DVC or AP to get any applicable discounts. Either way, I was able to have it applied.

Just back from another great stay at the BCVs and running the Star Wars 1/2 marathon! Note to self, if you're from New England and train in 30 degree weather, the heat and humidity that accompanied us for this run really knocks you down. Other than that, weather was great for touring!
Great concerts at Epcot with Christopher Cross, The Spinners and Dennis DeYoung [Styx] last night. They put up the Easter Egg display in the BC lobby on Sunday and I've attached some pictures.

xMqMAkc.jpg

OOLbRRP.jpg

GeejGMe.jpg

KBuXPsg.jpg

5C60A864-4DA5-41C4-AFB3-1255AE6F8C29.jpeg 49C6D246-0588-4D74-8532-FBCD4C072E35.jpeg We just got back on Sunday night from a lovely stay at YC. We requested a room with a daybed and got it. Loved the room refurbishment, which proves Disney can clean up and modernize the look of a room and maintain the theme. We booked garden view and had a really nice view of the quiet pool and the surrounding landscape. It was very pretty and quiet (prettier and quieter than SAB, IMHO).

The biggest surprise was Ale and Compass and its lounge. The food was really, really delicious and the atmosphere was quiet and, dare I say, sophisticated?! I’m posting a couple of pictures. One is a pic of the shrimp and grits at Ale and Compass breakfast and the other, the baked feta and buffalo cauliflower at the Ale and Compass Lounge. We lamented that we ran out of time and didn’t get to eat here again.

Last edited:
Holy Morning Sugar Rush, Batman!

View attachment 393566

This orange cream tart can be found at the Yacht Club’s Market at Ale & Compass and at the Beach Club Marketplace, and it is officially available today! Buuuuut the DFB is intrepid, and when we stopped in to try it yesterday, the cast member let us have one! (Further proof that it can’t hurt to ask at Disney World!)

This square tart is covered in a marbled mirror glaze that perfectly suits the princess who inspired it. It’s edged in sweet buttercream, which adds the biggest hit of sugar in the dessert.

Inside the tart is a thick vanilla custard that’s so dense as to eat more like a cheesecake. The orange cream comes in the (too) thin layer of orange custard on the bottom. Fans of orange won’t be thrilled that the flavor is so subtle, but if you’re in it more for the vanilla cream and the sweet pink color, you’ll be happy!

The Briar Rose Gold Ears on top are comprised of white chocolate discs and bow, tinted rose gold (er, sorry: BRIAR rose gold) and dusted with copious amounts of edible glitter.

:eek:

I got diabetes just from reading that description.

In all likelihood there are multiple ways for Disney to mess things up and charge you erroneously for parking. I am seeing multiple reports of people having had their bands scanned at the guard shack when arriving in friend's cars or Lyft vehicles that won't be parking on property and then getting dinged with the parking charge.

I'd have to wonder how many people were charged for parking cars that they didn't have and just missed the charge. Don't ask a CM if you were charged, you need to study your final bill. The format of that bill is very confusing so be diligent when checking.

~NM

Super excited to be staying at YC for the first time May 21-26. It will be a girls trip with my mom, myself & my two daughters with my mom's best friend joining us as well. I am going to attempt room request thru touring plans. We have planned an "unplanned" day for Flower and Garden Food booth tastings and I am trying to decide on a late dinner reservation. We have narrowed it down to Chefs de France, Le Cellier or Flying Fish.

Sounds like a great trip you’ve planned. I’ve eaten at all 3 restaurants many times and have always enjoyed our meals. Chefs is great value and only 1 credit if you’re on the dining plan. The other 2 are pricier but great experiences at both. Depending on your timing you may get a great view of the fireworks from Chefs if you have a window seat. You can’t go wrong with any of these choices :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter