Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Odd question, but I can always count on this board to pull through :D- can anyone tell me roughly how much a loaf of bread is at the Marketplace?

We usually order it with our grocery delivery but on our next trip we're just passing through and not ordering groceries. I'd still like PBJ supplies for DS2 but I can't see stuffing a loaf of bread into my luggage o_O
Arnold's White Bread 24 oz. 4.29
Arnold's Wheat Bread 24 oz. 4.29

Hey everyone! Need your help! If you had a recent stay at the Beach Club or if you have one in the next month or so, could you let us know what was in your room for a coffee maker!

Stay tuned, though!

It's possible, but I'm not sure if all rooms have received Keurig replacements for the Cuisinart coffee makers.

View attachment 392433
I spoke with a manager this AM about the coffee maker status for BC and here’s what I was told. All Club Level rooms and suites have nespresso machines. Kurieg is in some rooms but not all and the conversion to all kuriegs is happening but going slowly. She had no timeframe for the complete conversion.

In other news, the BCV studios now have “real” plates and bowls and are no longer stocked with paper plates and bowls. Interestingly enough the utensils are still plastic. The other dilemma is that the plates are so big that they don’t fit in the kitchenette sink so cleaning them is a little clumsy?

That’s all I got for now. 2 more days until our 1/2 marathon on Sunday! The 5kers had a delay this AM dodging heavy rain and some thunder and lightening. It was a long morning for them!

Odd question, but I can always count on this board to pull through :D- can anyone tell me roughly how much a loaf of bread is at the Marketplace?

We usually order it with our grocery delivery but on our next trip we're just passing through and not ordering groceries. I'd still like PBJ supplies for DS2 but I can't see stuffing a loaf of bread into my luggage o_O

Tupperware, the savior of parents of picky eaters on short trips everywhere, will keep the bread from being crushed if it's a short trip. It depends of course on how much bread you need and how easily bread is accessed at where you are staying.

I had a friend who now puts PB n J sandwiches in Tupperware (These will go through the TSA check points) ever since she got stuck at the airport overnight with little ones. It's easy to whip out half a sandwich during travels to quell the cranky beasts in your traveling party. Pro Tip: No one ever said no to Nutella on a sandwich and Nutella doesn't have to be refrigerated.

No. You're only charged if you actually park a car overnight.

Just be careful if you are coming through the resort gate in an Lyft, Uber or cab or in a friend who is visiting for the day's car and the guard at the gate scans YOUR band. Sometimes Disney gets it correct and doesn't charge you for resort parking, sometimes they don't. It pays to check your charges BEFORE you check out to see if any unwarranted charges have popped on your bill. Good luck reading that bill as Disney intentionally formats it so it can be confusing for people not familiar with their billing system.

~NM

Tupperware, the savior of parents of picky eaters on short trips everywhere, will keep the bread from being crushed if it's a short trip. It depends of course on how much bread you need and how easily bread is accessed at where you are staying.

I had a friend who now puts PB n J sandwiches in Tupperware (These will go through the TSA check points) ever since she got stuck at the airport overnight with little ones. It's easy to whip out half a sandwich during travels to quell the cranky beasts in your traveling party. Pro Tip: No one ever said no to Nutella on a sandwich and Nutella doesn't have to be refrigerated.

Just be careful if you are coming through the resort gate in an Lyft, Uber or cab or in a friend who is visiting for the day's car and the guard at the gate scans YOUR band. Sometimes Disney gets it correct and doesn't charge you for resort parking, sometimes they don't. It pays to check your charges BEFORE you check out to see if any unwarranted charges have popped on your bill. Good luck reading that bill as Disney intentionally formats it so it can be confusing for people not familiar with their billing system.

~NM

I can't believe I didn't think to stick a few slices in some tupperware. Luckily DS2 will eat most things we offer but sometimes in true 2yo fashion ONLY a PBJ will do (okay, I admit he gets this from me), or we're running behind on sitting for lunch and it's easier to hand him a PBJ than deal with a little beast (also gets that from me).
Really we could make do with 4-6 slices or so and I can take that through TSA in some tupperware. I've had mixed results bringing the actual sandwich and once I was told that my DS2 was "too old to qualify as a child who needed special food." MMMMMkay, but not the hill I'm going to die on at LGA.

Does not apply to me directly but I concur on the comment to @dansdad response. We have been charged for a week of parking after arriving via rideshare. We had it removed, so not a giant issue but it does happen and guests should check their folio and have it removed if it happens.

Hi!

Can you add me to the Beach Club for Friday August 30th with checkout on Tuesday September 3.

I'm traveling solo and am in a Standard room. I plan to spend most of my time at the pools with early in the day forays into Epcot for Food and Wine before it gets too hot!

Are parking fees automatically included in total cost of stay whether u do/do not have a vehicle?
We were charged in February even though we did not have a vehicle. I called and they took the charge off but if I hadn’t noticed it we would have had to pay it.

Hi all! I checked the first post, but couldn't tell from the pictures....do the new locker rooms at YC have hairdryers? Thank you!!!

Hi all! I checked the first post, but couldn't tell from the pictures....do the new locker rooms at YC have hairdryers? Thank you!!!
Funny that you ask. They’re supposed to, but according to the CMs working the area they tend to disappear. This happened to my wife (no hair dryer) during our October trip but the salon / spa let her use one of their hair dryers.

Funny that you ask. They’re supposed to, but according to the CMs working the area they tend to disappear. This happened to my wife (no hair dryer) during our October trip but the salon / spa let her use one of their hair dryers.

Since they opened the locker rooms, I have never seen a hairdryer. I don't think they "disappear" so much as BC/YC has never placed them there.

Where are the "new" locker rooms? From what I gathered here the place I showered in 2012 on check out day is no longer accessible to pool guests?

Where are the "new" locker rooms? From what I gathered here the place I showered in 2012 on check out day is no longer accessible to pool guests?

The new locker rooms are located on the walkway between YC/BC. I believe it is just past the arcade but before the hair salon/spa--at least in that general vicinity. There are women's, men's and family centered locker rooms.

May 2017- Showers have been added to the large poolside bathrooms !!!

Pictures of Pool side shower room, May 2017

The new locker rooms are located on the walkway between YC/BC. I believe it is just past the arcade but before the hair salon/spa--at least in that general vicinity. There are women's, men's and family centered locker rooms.

May 2017- Showers have been added to the large poolside bathrooms !!!

Pictures of Pool side shower room, May 2017

Thanks for the post ! This is fantastic. We arrive at 9 A.M. from our flights and had plans to swim all day . We have reservations at 2:40 and would love a quick shower because chances are our room won’t be ready for check in.

@ninafeliz thank you for answering @Euby ! I was doing so well at updates and pictures and by day 3 my late night Dis time became resting from parks haha. Settling back in now that I am back and missing BC at GF a lot :sad1:

Since they opened the locker rooms, I have never seen a hairdryer. I don't think they "disappear" so much as BC/YC has never placed them there.
Thank you both!

Page 1430

Yikes! I didn't realize I had gotten so far behind

:sad2:

Hi there,

Super excited to stay @ BC for 1st time. My family will b visiting 6/6-6/13. We usually plan our trips 1st week of May and early November bc I swore I would never visit during the Summer; however; kids won and June here we come.

In addition, any Mermaid Training participants out there? I’m looking forward to hearing reviews. It would b right up my 5 y/o’s alley. I haven’t told her about it just in case its a bust. Also, would love to hear input on the new Captain Hooks Pirate Crew Adventure. My husbands a bit nervous reserving this one since kids only, ages
4-12, although I know she would love it!

Lastly, would love to hear from anyone w/ experience scheduling guided vision excursion from Crescent Lake. My husband and son are very interested on our day off.

Truly appreciate this great thread and everyone have a Blessed and Magical Day:)!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

We haven't seen any reviews of the new Mermaid Experience or the Pirate Crew Adventure, but I hope some folks will share their experiences with these activities.

Here are a couple of reviews of the fishing excursion:

Guided Fishing Excursions
Guided Fishing Excursions are available daily at 7am, 10am, and 1:30pm. For reservations, please call 407-WDW-BASS.

:fish:

Hi All! Excited to be returning to the BC/YC....this time at the YC! We will be there August 8 - 17 and we can't wait....bring on the summer!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

Super excited to be staying at YC for the first time May 21-26. It will be a girls trip with my mom, myself & my two daughters with my mom's best friend joining us as well. I am going to attempt room request thru touring plans. We have planned an "unplanned" day for Flower and Garden Food booth tastings and I am trying to decide on a late dinner reservation. We have narrowed it down to Chefs de France, Le Cellier or Flying Fish.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the list. Girls trips are so much fun!

:woohoo:

I have only dined at Le Cellier, so I can't really give you an opinion your dining selection.

:confused3

Little does my DH know the urge to return to Disney is starting to get strong!!!! And so I have started to quietly plan a trip for next year! I have asked my family many times when we return whether they wanted to go back to YC or try something new. The overwhelming response was we LOVE YC.. Don't want to even think of something new!!! And so YC 2020 it is! Now the hard part of finding a time in our school and sports schedules to make it work. That is getting harder and harder as my kids get older.

Good luck with your planning. I hope you can get your family members calendars in synch for next year.

:thumbsup2

I have a BCV studio booked for our May trip and I am second guessing it. Is it smaller than the regular YC and BC rooms? My kids always want to stay at YC or BC but my choices with the AP discount are BCV studio or BC CL. I'm not springing for CL, so studio is it. I am deciding btwn the studio and an OKW 1 bedroom. It will be myself and the 3 kids for the week. DH will pop in for 3 nights mid-trip. We are generally fine in a regular room, so hoping the studio isn't tiny...

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

Sorry you have been having trouble finding discounts at the regular resort.

I'll leave it to others to comment about the size differences. There are also a few links with comparisons in Post 16 on Page 1.

::yes::

We are wrapping up our stay at BC. Wow, we are in love with it here! So beautiful-the grounds, pool and decor. Friendly staff. Love the lobby scent (before Cape May opens ) Stormalong Bay has been empty pretty much the whole trip-I guess bc it’s been breezy and we tend to go at night? Bus and boats have been timely. We love the slide and pools. We’re on the far end close to Epcot which has been amazing. We can see the HS fireworks from our room. Pretty much everything has been fantastic. If we’re lucky enough to score another AP discount we will definitely be back!

So glad to hear you had a fantastic stay and loved the report!

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us!

:cool2:

Now that you've gotten all caught up on the guest thread, would you please add me for 6/20-24 at YC. Beach is our favorite resort, but couldn't match the YC discount for this trip and I'm excited to try it. I spent half of my life on a boat, so I figure I'll feel right at home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter