Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Ok guys, help me out or maybe I should say help reassure me.

The tickets for Avengers: Endgame sold out so fast I couldn’t get them for Thursday night. I did, however, get them for 10 am Friday morning, April 26th.

The movie is 3 hours 2 minutes long. Our flight leaves at 5:20 which I would guess means a pickup at YC on ME around 2:20. Are we going to be able to make it?

Not to complicate this, but you could rent a car Thursday night from the Dolphin Alamo, return it to MCO when leaving, for around $60. I just checked online, didn’t even input any codes or discounts. (You also have to factor in YC one night parking). If you did that, you could take bags with you, or check them through at YC for Resort Airline check in, drive to Springs for the movie and quick lunch, and head to airport in a leisurely fashion. Not cheaper than doing DME, but puts you in control of timing.

Super excited to be staying at YC for the first time May 21-26. It will be a girls trip with my mom, myself & my two daughters with my mom's best friend joining us as well. I am going to attempt room request thru touring plans. We have planned an "unplanned" day for Flower and Garden Food booth tastings and I am trying to decide on a late dinner reservation. We have narrowed it down to Chefs de France, Le Cellier or Flying Fish.

Not to complicate this, but you could rent a car Thursday night from the Dolphin Alamo, return it to MCO when leaving, for around $60. I just checked online, didn’t even input any codes or discounts. (You also have to factor in YC one night parking). If you did that, you could take bags with you, or check them through at YC for Resort Airline check in, drive to Springs for the movie and quick lunch, and head to airport in a leisurely fashion. Not cheaper than doing DME, but puts you in control of timing.
This board always comes up with the best ideas! Thank you.

Little does my DH know the urge to return to Disney is starting to get strong!!!! And so I have started to quietly plan a trip for next year! I have asked my family many times when we return whether they wanted to go back to YC or try something new. The overwhelming response was we LOVE YC.. Don't want to even think of something new!!! And so YC 2020 it is! Now the hard part of finding a time in our school and sports schedules to make it work. That is getting harder and harder as my kids get older.

This board always comes up with the best ideas! Thank you.

We're doing this for our flight in....we're flying into Tampa and rather than getting a shuttle or renting a car for the entire trip, I looked into just renting at TPA and returning it to the Dolphin. I was shocked at how low the price was!! Plus, we can stop at the grocery store before heading to the YC.

Does anyone have access yet to April’s activities calendar?

Hi there,

Super excited to stay @ BC for 1st time. My family will b visiting 6/6-6/13. We usually plan our trips 1st week of May and early November bc I swore I would never visit during the Summer; however; kids won and June here we come.

In addition, any Mermaid Training participants out there? I’m looking forward to hearing reviews. It would b right up my 5 y/o’s alley. I haven’t told her about it just in case its a bust. Also, would love to hear input on the new Captain Hooks Pirate Crew Adventure. My husbands a bit nervous reserving this one since kids only, ages
4-12, although I know she would love it!

Lastly, would love to hear from anyone w/ experience scheduling guided vision excursion from Crescent Lake. My husband and son are very interested on our day off.

Truly appreciate this great thread and everyone have a Blessed and Magical Day:)!

Do you mean the guided fishing excursion? If so, my DH and boys have done it from BW and YC/BC several times and it is a must-do on their vacation list every time. They catch tons of giant fish. They will love it!

I have a BCV studio booked for our May trip and I am second guessing it. Is it smaller than the regular YC and BC rooms? My kids always want to stay at YC or BC but my choices with the AP discount are BCV studio or BC CL. I'm not springing for CL, so studio is it. I am deciding btwn the studio and an OKW 1 bedroom. It will be myself and the 3 kids for the week. DH will pop in for 3 nights mid-trip. We are generally fine in a regular room, so hoping the studio isn't tiny...

We are wrapping up our stay at BC. Wow, we are in love with it here! So beautiful-the grounds, pool and decor. Friendly staff. Love the lobby scent (before Cape May opens ) Stormalong Bay has been empty pretty much the whole trip-I guess bc it’s been breezy and we tend to go at night? Bus and boats have been timely. We love the slide and pools. We’re on the far end close to Epcot which has been amazing. We can see the HS fireworks from our room. Pretty much everything has been fantastic. If we’re lucky enough to score another AP discount we will definitely be back!

Does anyone have access yet to April’s activities calendar?

Great question! I don't always realize when it is a new month! Thanks for helping to get my head in the game.

However, I just checked and my source is still showing the March schedules.

Do you have a Club Level stay? Disney Signature Services may be able to provide you with a calendar if you ask them.

::yes::

ETA: Found it from my second source. Working on posting it.

Last edited:
Does anyone have recent pictures of the characters at the Cape May breakfast? Somebody told me they got new costumes but can't find any pictures anywhere. Can't wait to return to Beach Club in late May.

I have a BCV studio booked for our May trip and I am second guessing it. Is it smaller than the regular YC and BC rooms? My kids always want to stay at YC or BC but my choices with the AP discount are BCV studio or BC CL. I'm not springing for CL, so studio is it. I am deciding btwn the studio and an OKW 1 bedroom. It will be myself and the 3 kids for the week. DH will pop in for 3 nights mid-trip. We are generally fine in a regular room, so hoping the studio isn't tiny...

It's just a little smaller. One queen bed, full size sleeper sofa, and the little kids size pull down bed below the TV. The kitchenette is handy though, and may make up for it. Plus kids seem to love the extra themed pull down bed. If you're concerned, check some YouTube videos for room tours to get a better feel for it.

We will be driving and understand there is now a fee for parking. If we valet park, is this an additional cost to the regular parking fee or is it instead of?

Do you mean the guided fishing excursion? If so, my DH and boys have done it from BW and YC/BC several times and it is a must-do on their vacation list every time. They catch tons of giant fish. They will love it!

Great to hear. They are both super pumped about fishing. Does ur DH have a guide he prefers?

We will be driving and understand there is now a fee for parking. If we valet park, is this an additional cost to the regular parking fee or is it instead of?
It is instead of but it is a higher cost. I believe it is $38/night but that may have changed.

We have not parked at YC, but it is supposed to be instead of, not in addition to the fee. It is a daily charge.

Odd question, but I can always count on this board to pull through :D- can anyone tell me roughly how much a loaf of bread is at the Marketplace?

We usually order it with our grocery delivery but on our next trip we're just passing through and not ordering groceries. I'd still like PBJ supplies for DS2 but I can't see stuffing a loaf of bread into my luggage o_O

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter