Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm wondering what the construction will look like and what affects it will have on guests during the August reconstruction of Beaches & Cream.

I check in Wednesday morning. We are going to the after hours event at Animal Kingdom but will be hanging around the YC and SAB until the evening. We are staying club level the first two days which is exciting.

I'm wondering what the construction will look like and what affects it will have on guests during the August reconstruction of Beaches & Cream.
I think the impacts to the guests will be minimal as Disney does a nice job of covering up construction. From what I have read, the expansion and renovations will be contained to the existing B&C layout and extended in to what is now the Arcade. How far? Don't know. The bulk of the construction will be done in existing footprint with assumed impacts to the walkway between B&C and SAB. I don't anticipate that walkway being fully shut down as its a major access way between the YC/BC and also allows access to the health club/spa from the BC.

Does anyone know if there are showers available for use on day of departure? Looking to freshen up before heading to airport!

Does anyone know if there are showers available for use on day of departure? Looking to freshen up before heading to airport!
A new indoor shower area was added in 2017 just to right of the restrooms adjacent to SAB. Or to better put it, to the left of arcade. Post #2 of this thread has pictures. So, if you walk past beaches and cream, the arcade (lafferty place), the showers will be on your right.

Page 1426

:welcome: home!!!

That is excellent news.

I'll add your trip to the list.

:cool1:

:welcome:

When is your trip?

I have heard great things about the BW Club Level so I'll be interested in hearing your comparison after your stay.

Have a great time!

:goodvibes

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:dogdance:

:welcome: home!

It always makes me smile when I read about your traditional family trip.

:woohoo:

:welcome: home!

Always good to see you back again for another marathon trip!

:cheer2:

Im coming in next month May 19 - 21st 2019 (YC Club Level)

Does anyone know how many king rooms on CL? Would I be better booking non CL if king is most important? Thx.

Hello again!
I made reservations for two rooms at the YC in June. My parents also have a reservation the same week. What are the odds that any of the three rooms will be near one another? Two of the rooms are Garden View, one room is Water View.

Hi all! We are doing a split with AoA and then we were originally booked at BWI - but checked with our agent again today and BC opened up! So we will be back at BC! Super excited!!!! We'll be at AoA from August 17 - 24 and at BC from August 24 - 31 - Two weeks of WDW bliss! With some SWGE, MNSSHP, EMMs, and hopefully some Circle of Flavors fun too!

Page 1427-1429

Me, DD15, and DH will be at the Yachtclub CL June 18-22. DH's 1st time to WDW, and our last time as AP's for 2 years til SWGE hopefully dies down.

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Hi! My family just booked a trip for November 13-19. We will be staying at beach club for the first time. My husband is a huge Star Wars fan, so mainly staying there to be close to Hollywood studios, and I really want to relax by the pool lol!

:welcome:

We just came back from our second stay at BCV and wanted to thank everyone for their help on this thread.

Some takeaways from this year....
-Hurricane Hanna’s was MUCH better... the new menu is really good and there were less birds trying to attack you while you ate! I’m glad we gave it another try this year because last year we all hated it. We ended up eating there multiple times over the 10 days. We also enjoyed the new options at Marketplace. The QS options have definitely improved

-The boat and bus transportation were all super efficient... we never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes for a bus/boat. The bus times on the app are super helpful.

-Cape May Cafe was a hit again this year...the addition of the omelette station is great. Everything was really delicious.

-if you are Canadian - walk to the International Gateway on your arrival day to activate your park tickets. It saved us a bunch of time for our first morning at the parks.

-Beach Club remains our favourite resort on property. We are in the process of buying DVC (unfortunately not at BCV due to the high cost and short number of years remaining) so I don’t know when we will stay there again. I do hope we will be back one day, though. It’s really a special spot where I hold a lot of good family memories.

Thank you so much for your review and tips!

I'll add your comments to our review section.

:thumbsup2

My adult son and I will be at the Yacht Club November 17-22, 2019. We have stayed at BC, BWI and YC. YC is our favorite! He is a HUGE Star Wars fan, so the close proximity will be great. He can go fight the crowds and I can hang around the YC. Win/Win, I say!

Because you are traveling with your adult son, and will only have 2 people in your room, you may want to specify that you prefer 2 queen beds instead of a king.

::yes::

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

:cool2:

Does anyone know how many king rooms on CL? Would I be better booking non CL if king is most important? Thx.

I don't know how many king beds there are (at either the BC or YC), at Club Level or in the regular rooms, so I don't know which would give you a better chance to get one. Sorry.

:confused3

Hello again!
I made reservations for two rooms at the YC in June. My parents also have a reservation the same week. What are the odds that any of the three rooms will be near one another? Two of the rooms are Garden View, one room is Water View.

It is certainly possible, so make sure you link your reservations and request that your rooms are close.

FYI for those wondering about coffee makers - we just got back from a stay at the Beach Club and we had a Keurig in our room (2550).

Thank you so much for this info. I wonder if all BC rooms have changed to the Keurig or not.

I wish the resorts had stayed with the drip style coffee makers, though.

:coffee:

Hi all! We are doing a split with AoA and then we were originally booked at BWI - but checked with our agent again today and BC opened up! So we will be back at BC! Super excited!!!! We'll be at AoA from August 17 - 24 and at BC from August 24 - 31 - Two weeks of WDW bliss! With some SWGE, MNSSHP, EMMs, and hopefully some Circle of Flavors fun too!

I'll add you to the trip list.

:woohoo:

Last edited:
Page 1427-1429

It is certainly possible, so make sure you link your reservations and request that your rooms are close.

Forgive my ignorance; this is my first trip back since 2012! :scared::banana::hyper: This thread was invaluable Back in 2010 when I planned my first trip as an adult And continues to be invaluable now. :grouphug:

Do I link them via MDX? We will be at the YC 8 June - 15 June.

Call the main WDW reservations line, and ask for all of the reservations (you’ll need res # and lead guest name) to be “linked” in the reservations system and located near each other. Sometimes they call it “travelling with” instead. You can also request connecting rooms or whatever else, but the more requests you have the harder it is for them to meet all of them, so prioritize what you ask for.

If the rooms are club level, you can get Signature Services to note the request and link the reservations.

Did everyone book the same room type? That’s the other variable. If not, you might end up with across the hall, or close but not next to each other, etc.

Last edited:
Forgive my ignorance; this is my first trip back since 2012! :scared::banana::hyper: This thread was invaluable Back in 2010 when I planned my first trip as an adult And continues to be invaluable now. :grouphug:

Thanks for the kind comments!

Call the main WDW reservations line, and ask for all of the reservations (you’ll need res # and lead guest name) to be “linked” in the reservations system and located near each other. Sometimes they call it “travelling with” instead. You can also request connecting rooms or whatever else, but the most requests you have the harder it is for them to meet all of them, so prioritize what you ask for.

If the rooms are club level, you can get Signature Services to note the request and link the reservations.

Did everyone book the same room type? That’s the other variable. If not, you might end up with across the hall, or close but not next to each other, etc.

Thanks for answering this question. I knew "linking" had something to do with calling the reservations line but I didn't know how to explain it. You did so perfectly!

:thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter