Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Looks like we're doing a super quick Halloween-in-August trip! We've got a great rate on BC 8/25-8/28 to enjoy Stormalong Bay and the 8/27 MNSSHP before the kids start Kinder the next week.

I forgot to give you a

:welcome:

a few pages back.

Sounds like an incredible trip/celebration of the kids' start of school.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Thank you so much for your excellent review of your stay. I love the details you included. Very helpful! I am going to add a link to your post to our trip review section on Page 1, Post 16.

:thumbsup2

Thank you so much! I am flattered :) Someone did mention that I was wrong about being able to use QS drink credits for the cocktails at Hurricane Hannah's - They said you can get a drink and food if you order from the bar.

@NotTheBatesMotel @Euby

As promised, here is a scooter in the hallway of a standard view BC CL room:

Screen Shot 2019-03-30 at 11.44.11 PM copy2.jpg

There is plenty of space to pass by. The front door opens easily, we can use the fridge, and access half of the closet. I blocked the other part of the closet so I could charge it. Its plugged in by the Keurig. Definitely fits if you don't want it in the sleeping area.

Dive back in time with me, during the February 2015 Snowpocalypse, for the saga of "The Mermaids Tale"

The Mermaid's Tale

Oh my! I’d forgotten all about the mermaid tail saga! :eek:
Thanks for that little! blast from the past!:rotfl:

I got way behind on here so belated happy St Patrick’s Day wishes to you all :shamrock: @natebenma Did you know the first ever St Patrick’s Day parade was in Boston! Excited to hear all about everyone’s upcoming trips and cabana reviews

Thank you so much! I am flattered :) Someone did mention that I was wrong about being able to use QS drink credits for the cocktails at Hurricane Hannah's - They said you can get a drink and food if you order from the bar.

Thanks for that reminder- I'll edit the post I linked with that suggestion.

But we truly appreciate your input! It is great to get some perspective from someone who stayed at the resort for the first (but hopefully not last) time!

::yes::

Oh my! I’d forgotten all about the mermaid tail saga! :eek:
Thanks for that little! blast from the past!:rotfl:

I got way behind on here so belated happy St Patrick’s Day wishes to you all :shamrock: @natebenma Did you know the first ever St Patrick’s Day parade was in Boston! Excited to hear all about everyone’s upcoming trips and cabana reviews

And still going strong, although not without controversy some years!

:shamrock:

@NotTheBatesMotel @Euby

As promised, here is a scooter in the hallway of a standard view BC CL room:

View attachment 391730

There is plenty of space to pass by. The front door opens easily, we can use the fridge, and access half of the closet. I blocked the other part of the closet so I could charge it. Its plugged in by the Keurig. Definitely fits if you don't want it in the sleeping area.

Thank you so much! Copying your photo for future reference.

And, duh!!!

Just remembered that I have a post about ECVs and tips for people with limited mobility at Disney- I'll add those photos there!

:thanks:

Hi! My family just booked a trip for November 13-19. We will be staying at beach club for the first time. My husband is a huge Star Wars fan, so mainly staying there to be close to Hollywood studios, and I really want to relax by the pool lol!

We have been to WDW many times and mostly always rent a car. This next trip is my daughters and myself and with the new parking fee, we are not planning on renting a car. After reading on here the Magical Express took 2 hours to get from the airport, have anyone used a ride service instead? If so, what has been your experience/ cost with that? Thank you for your help!

Review by mckenk, first time guest to the Beach Club, March 2019:

Hi Everyone! We stayed at the Beach Club a couple of weeks ago. It was our first stay there and we loved it! We absolutely loved the pool, being in the middle of the Crescent Lake action, and being close to the Boardwalk.

Hi Everyone! We stayed at the Beach Club a couple of weeks ago. It was our first stay there and we loved it! We absolutely loved the pool, being in the middle of the Crescent Lake action, and being close to the Boardwalk.

I thought it might be helpful to share a few things:

1. We took DME and it was 2 hours from the time we stepped off the plane until we got to the resort. (Our plane landed at 3:00 PM). **See comment below

2. We ate at Hurricane Hanna’s twice. My husband had a burger both times and liked them. I had the chicken sandwich and quinoa wrap. The chicken sandwich was salty, but I was so hungry that I didn’t care. The quinoa wrap was just okay, but I liked it because it had a ton of veggies. Overall I would say the food quality is typical for a bar and grill.

3. One thing I didn’t realize about Hurricane Hanna’s was that the bar and restaurant are separate. I was planning to get a fresh cocktail with my QS meal credit, but they weren’t serving those at the restaurant. Instead they had some the Cutwater canned cocktails, wine, and beer. Not a big deal, but I thought I would mention it. *** See comment below:

4. I was worried about my kids not having sand pails for the pool, but there were tons of the pails from Hurricane Hanna’s laying around.

5. We had mixed feelings about the Freestyle machines. One was broken, and the one that was working had a finicky touchscreen. It made for longish waits and frustration. But we liked the variety of choices.

6. We had a ton of fun pin trading. It was our first time, and we learned they have a book behind the check-in counter and a big board in the Sandcastle Club.

We stayed in a DVC studio. I'll try to share some balcony views when I get a chance!

**ETA- Disney Magical Express timing:

Thanks! Part of that time includes deboarding the plane and using the restroom. We were the last people on the bus, so it left the airport fairly soon after we got on. But the bus stopped at three resorts before arriving at the Beach Club. And, when we got there, there was another ME bus already there, so we had to sit and wait for 5-10 minutes, (which was tortuous because we could have gotten off and walked and been to the resort in 30 seconds, lol).

**ETA- availability of menu at the bar at Hurricane Hanna's

You can order the full restaurant menu at the bar if you want to use your QS credit to get a fun drink and a burger.
I was at BWV earlier this month and did this twice at Hanna's when we were walking around Crescent lake.

Last edited:
We just came back from our second stay at BCV and wanted to thank everyone for their help on this thread.

Some takeaways from this year....
-Hurricane Hanna’s was MUCH better... the new menu is really good and there were less birds trying to attack you while you ate! I’m glad we gave it another try this year because last year we all hated it. We ended up eating there multiple times over the 10 days. We also enjoyed the new options at Marketplace. The QS options have definitely improved

-The boat and bus transportation were all super efficient... we never had to wait more than 5-10 minutes for a bus/boat. The bus times on the app are super helpful.

-Cape May Cafe was a hit again this year...the addition of the omelette station is great. Everything was really delicious.

-if you are Canadian - walk to the International Gateway on your arrival day to activate your park tickets. It saved us a bunch of time for our first morning at the parks.

-Beach Club remains our favourite resort on property. We are in the process of buying DVC (unfortunately not at BCV due to the high cost and short number of years remaining) so I don’t know when we will stay there again. I do hope we will be back one day, though. It’s really a special spot where I hold a lot of good family memories.

We have been to WDW many times and mostly always rent a car. This next trip is my daughters and myself and with the new parking fee, we are not planning on renting a car. After reading on here the Magical Express took 2 hours to get from the airport, have anyone used a ride service instead? If so, what has been your experience/ cost with that? Thank you for your help!

I use Tiffany Towncar to get from the airport to a Disney Resort. Lately I have been booking just one way. I like to have gluten-free bread in the room for breakfast, so I do a grocery store stop on the way to the resort. Since the room might not be ready when I get there, this seems like a better use of my time than going to the resort and later going to the store. The grocery stop is included at no extra charge, and by the time I get to the resort it's a little later and the room might be more likely to be ready. (Yes, I know you can leave your bags with Bell Services and then go to a park if your room isn't ready, but by the time I get to a Disney hotel I've been travelling for hours and I feel more organized if I can go to my room first.)

I use Uber or Lyft to get from the hotel to the airport on departure day.

I have not used Uber or Lyft to get from the airport to the hotel, but there is a great Uber/Lyft thread over on the transportation board if you have questions. Here is the link:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/everthing-you-wanted-to-know-about-uber-lyft-at-wdw.3443634/

I use Tiffany Towncar to get from the airport to a Disney Resort. Lately I have been booking just one way. I like to have gluten-free bread in the room for breakfast, so I do a grocery store stop on the way to the resort. Since the room might not be ready when I get there, this seems like a better use of my time than going to the resort and later going to the store. The grocery stop is included at no extra charge, and by the time I get to the resort it's a little later and the room might be more likely to be ready. (Yes, I know you can leave your bags with Bell Services and then go to a park if your room isn't ready, but by the time I get to a Disney hotel I've been travelling for hours and I feel more organized if I can go to my room first.)

I use Uber or Lyft to get from the hotel to the airport on departure day.

I have not used Uber or Lyft to get from the airport to the hotel, but there is a great Uber/Lyft thread over on the transportation board if you have questions. Here is the link:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/everthing-you-wanted-to-know-about-uber-lyft-at-wdw.3443634/
Thanks for the link, how much is the town car?

Thank you @PolyRob for the picture! That helps a lot! Is there a size difference between the CL rooms and the non-CL rooms?

My adult son and I will be at the Yacht Club November 17-22, 2019. We have stayed at BC, BWI and YC. YC is our favorite! He is a HUGE Star Wars fan, so the close proximity will be great. He can go fight the crowds and I can hang around the YC. Win/Win, I say!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter