Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi! We check in for our first Beach Club stay in two weeks and I just had a quick questions.Does anyone know if they provide the small bottles of shampoo/conditioner etc at the BCV or are they the kind mounted to the wall? Was just curious as my daughter loves the small toiletries and was wondering what the BC had. Thanks!!

I'm sorry if this has been asked 1,000 times, but I could't find it.

Does the Beach Club still have the tiny bottles of shampoo & conditioner, or do they have the dispenser in the shower?? With 4 girls staying in one room (plus my hubs but he shaves his head, so we don't have to worry about him ;) ) I'm really hoping for the dispenser!

Otherwise can I buy some at the gift shop in the hotel??

TIA!

Hi! We check in for our first Beach Club stay in two weeks and I just had a quick questions.Does anyone know if they provide the small bottles of shampoo/conditioner etc at the BCV or are they the kind mounted to the wall? Was just curious as my daughter loves the small toiletries and was wondering what the BC had. Thanks!!

Does the Beach Club still have the tiny bottles of shampoo & conditioner, or do they have the dispenser in the shower?? With 4 girls staying in one room (plus my hubs but he shaves his head, so we don't have to worry about him ;) ) I'm really hoping for the dispenser!

TIA!

We were at YC Feb 3-8. As of then, still the individual bottles of body wash, shampoo & conditioner. I haven’t read any reports of wall mounted toiletries at Y & B yet.

TIA!
BC Marketplace had travel-sized Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner in addition to the large Disney Resorts H2O products on my last trip.

If you're ok with using the H2O products, I would just call housekeeping and request additional shampoo & conditioner. They should bring it no problem!

I'm back to reality after a lovely 3 night stay at the YC CL. We booked a SV but were pixie dusted with a GV with a partial view of the water.

We had room 5198 which we absolutely loved. There were no guest rooms on either side of us which made for a very quiet weekend. I was very happy to not have a connecting door to the room. There were a few rooms across the hall, but we rarely heard those guests.

I really wish I remembered to snap pictures of the room because it was really quite lovely. It had a large chair with an ottoman instead of a sleeper sofa. It also had night stands on either side of the bed with outlets and USB ports. Across from the chair/ottoman was the desk with a chair. Because it had a king bed, the room felt so spacious. I felt like it would be perfect for honeymooners.

My husband and I enjoyed the lounge on many occasions during this trip. Luckily, we got to the resort a little after 10am and were able to grab a little to eat as soon as we got there.

Every single CM we encountered at the YC were super friendly and so happy. Every time we got near a CM they would greet us and sometimes ask us how our day is going. Our last two trips were at the poly and grand floridian and we definitely didn't see interactions like this at either of those resorts. I felt ignored there (probably because my husband and I dont look like the type of people who would be staying at those resorts) but at the YC even the other guests were a lot friendlier than the people we encountered on our last visits.

I will say though, I thought my husband would absolutely love the location of the YC. It was his first epcot resort stay after only experiencing MK resorts. I was shocked to find out he prefers to be near MK! Our next trip will be at the contemporary but it wont be for a few years because we know we want TPV and possibly club level.

We will also go back to visiting during late October. The crowds this trip were ridiculous. (Spring break, I know, but I can't change when my birthday is!) The blazing sunshine was unwanted. Tuesday was cloudy and crowded but the crowds were manageable because the sun wasnt beating down on us.

Last thing to note: the bed was amazing. :cloud9: My husband and I started booking shorter trips to WDW because the beds have been horrible. (poly was by far the worst) My husband was pretty bummed to come home (to our tempur-pedic) after laying in the clouds for a few days. I already ordered a big fluffy mattress topper to try to recreate the cloud bed we slept in.

We stayed in a studio for two days this week, and we booked through Disney. We have the bottles and they are each 2oz. They gave us new ones on the second morning, even though we barely touched the first set.

Hello all! My husband and I decided last minute to stay at the Yacht Club April 5th-10th for a "babymoon." We were originally looking at staying at a beach resort somewhere in Florida, but realized that a resort-only stay at Disney sounded better.

Our last trip in November was a 7 night CL stay at the Contemporary (and AKL for our arrival night) and was very parks heavy so we're looking forward to a more leisurely trip this time. Although, I don't know if I'll be able to stay out of the parks - might have to pop into Magic Kingdom one day :rolleyes1

Thanks to everyone for all the great information on this thread! I have never planned a trip this last minute, and we've never been to the Boardwalk area so everything is new to us!

Hello all! My husband and I decided last minute to stay at the Yacht Club April 5th-10th for a "babymoon." We were originally looking at staying at a beach resort somewhere in Florida, but realized that a resort-only stay at Disney sounded better.

Our last trip in November was a 7 night CL stay at the Contemporary (and AKL for our arrival night) and was very parks heavy so we're looking forward to a more leisurely trip this time. Although, I don't know if I'll be able to stay out of the parks - might have to pop into Magic Kingdom one day :rolleyes1

Thanks to everyone for all the great information on this thread! I have never planned a trip this last minute, and we've never been to the Boardwalk area so everything is new to us!

I know if I told myself I wasn't going to the parks, I would DEFINITELY be going to the parks. :laughing: But YC is the perfect place to just chill because of SAB and the boardwalk. :cool1:

My apologies if this has been posted, but it sounds like Pixar Play Zone has been replaced with Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew. Pixar Play Zone replaced all the other kids’ clubs, including the late and very much lamented (for our family, at least) Sandcastle Club. Captain Hook’s Pirate Crew will operate out of the BC. As best I can tell, it includes a scavenger hunt around the resort and a boat ride on the lake. It’s $55 and lasts from 5-8:30. I’m taking my oldest daughter and her best friend to WDW for a 16th birthday trip. I’m bringing the 7-year-old for company because I know the teens will ditch me at some point and when it happens I’ll still have company. I hoped to use Pixar Play Zone so I could take the older girls to a special meal at the CR or the Poly. While I’m pretty free range with my kids, I’m not quite ready to leave the younger one at the BC when I’m more than a few minutes’ walk away. The shorter time frame doesn’t give us a lot of leeway, anyway. If it’s a special meal, I don’t want to have to watch the clock.

That said, we all love seafood, so we’re eating at the Flying Fish, instead. I’ll give a review of the Pirate Crew experience when it’s all said and done. I don’t see getting many repeat experiences with this one. With the kids’ clubs, there were different characters and activities each night. Maybe Pixar Play Zone didn’t get many customers and that’s why they did away with it. For us, it’s a shame because I heamy kids never wanted to leave at the end of the night.

Here’s the info I found online. http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2019/...ate-crew-coming-to-disneys-beach-club-resort/

As best I can tell, it includes a scavenger hunt around the resort and a boat ride on the lake.

My kids have done the morning Pirate Adventure cruises and loved them and this seems very similar. When we went back to Disney in 2018 (previous visit was in 2016) they asked to do it again - and my daughter was 11. The cast members made it a lot of fun and they seemed to be very mischievous (they went into Canada before the park was open and the boat got “stuck” at a dock).

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/pirate-adventure-cruises/

My kids have done the morning Pirate Adventure cruises and loved them and this seems very similar. When we went back to Disney in 2018 (previous visit was in 2016) they asked to do it again - and my daughter was 11. The cast members made it a lot of fun and they seemed to be very mischievous (they went into Canada before the park was open and the boat got “stuck” at a dock).

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/pirate-adventure-cruises/

My DD9 loves the Pirate Adventure cruise! She’s done it every year since we started going in 2015 when she was 4. She’s asked to do it again this year when we stay at BWV. I think she’s really going to love this new Captain Hook adventure. She was never interested in Pixar play place.

Well just caught up on the thread. Thanks for all the great updates. Getting excited because we leave tomorrow and get to BC a little after dinner time. Looks like the weather isn't the best for pool time next week but I bet we make there at least one day even if we have to wear a parka. :cold: :beach:

We were there at Christmas time and it was crazy. Looking for a less crowded time this trip. We are on a go with the flow agenda, so and it is just me an my oldest DS home for college SB. Now today is a busy day of errands and packing, I better get to it!

I'll be staying at BC CL June 1-5 with my kids ages 3.5 and 18 months, and my father. I've been reading all the great posts here and on the club level pages. With 1400+ pages I'm sure this has been asked before, but here it goes...
Walking to Epcot seems pretty quick. Are the gates at IG open the same hours as the main entrance? Meaning, we can go this way if we want to do rope drop one morning?
How feasible is it to walk to HS from BC? They have EMH on the 2nd and I'd like to try to get to them. If now walking, what is the best route to get there?

I'll be staying at BC CL June 1-5 with my kids ages 3.5 and 18 months, and my father. I've been reading all the great posts here and on the club level pages. With 1400+ pages I'm sure this has been asked before, but here it goes...
Walking to Epcot seems pretty quick. Are the gates at IG open the same hours as the main entrance? Meaning, we can go this way if we want to do rope drop one morning?
How feasible is it to walk to HS from BC? They have EMH on the 2nd and I'd like to try to get to them. If now walking, what is the best route to get there?
The IG gate has the same hours as the reg entrance and it's the only way to enter from BC, as there isn't a bus to the front entrance.
You can walk to DHS from BC. That's probably quickest for most. But, if you don't want to walk, you can take the ferry from the dock in front of YC.

The IG gate has the same hours as the reg entrance and it's the only way to enter from BC, as there isn't a bus to the front entrance.
You can walk to DHS from BC. That's probably quickest for most. But, if you don't want to walk, you can take the ferry from the dock in front of YC.

On Google maps the distance is about 1.2 miles. Does that sound accurate? Is the path/direction from BC to HS clearly marked so I can't miss it?

On Google maps the distance is about 1.2 miles. Does that sound accurate? Is the path/direction from BC to HS clearly marked so I can't miss it?
Sounds about right in distance and the path from BC to HS is pretty easy to figure out once you reach the the crossroad for Swandolphin and the Epcot area hotels under the bridge which is the only place I can recall there is a sign. You just walk straight up the canal and there is only one side with a walking path.

Here's a link that gives visuals and probably more detailed directions:

https://touringplans.com/blog/2014/05/16/disney-holllywood-studios-walking-path/

HTH

That sounds about right! There aren't a lot of places you could walk to if you are following that foot path from BC. But, if you are not sure, you can always open google maps and select walking directions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter