Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi guys - anyone thinking of renting a cabana in November or December?
I would love to do this but last year was unseasonably cold when we were down there. I'm talking 40's!
We were FREEZING at the parks, bundled up in winter hats, gloves, etc.
It seems like a crapshoot booking one of these for those months due to temps.
If it were just rain, I wouldn't care.

Hi guys - anyone thinking of renting a cabana in November or December?
I would love to do this but last year was unseasonably cold when we were down there. I'm talking 40's!
We were FREEZING at the parks, bundled up in winter hats, gloves, etc.
It seems like a crapshoot booking one of these for those months due to temps.
If it were just rain, I wouldn't care.
The cancellation period is 24 hrs, so reserve one and see what the weather is like once you are on your trip. If it's cold cancel the day before, or sooner if it looks like no hope for a nice day a little sooner than 24 hrs. We did this once with the old poly cabanas during Feb trip. The high was listed as 72, but the day before it was a darn cold 72 and we had no interest in being at the pool at all let along the entire day so we cancelled and did something else. We've gone twice over Christmas - New Years and lucked out both times with highs in the mid 80's and great swimming weather, but it can be very hit or miss from November-March. You could be sweating and swimming daily, you could be wearing winter coats, hats, and gloves!

I have called and reserved a cabana for a half day in August for my 50th birthday. Cost was $153 for 10-2pm.
I wonder if you can request your location at the hotel? I like the ones further back from the pool.

Attachments

• 03A40350-827A-46A6-933C-995B424E9678.jpeg
    03A40350-827A-46A6-933C-995B424E9678.jpeg
    79.5 KB · Views: 20
I have called and reserved a cabana for a half day in August for my 50th birthday. Cost was $153 for 10-2pm.
I wonder if you can request your location at the hotel? I like the ones further back from the pool.
I’m sure you can request something, I would call and ask them to add it now but maybe you could also talk to the actual resort staff that set them up when you arrive but prior to your cabana day? IDK, the tricky part is getting your request to the people that can actually do something about it! Hopefully just adding it should work, I just tend to not trust anyone looking at that. It’s possible if you check in first the day of they could adjust position, it depend on who’s working that day and their willingness to do that. I seem to remember some discussion on that back when the Poly has regular cabanas and people had preferences.

I guess after all of that I wasn’t too much help! :laughing:

Thanks for posting the March activities calendar! Has anyone done the Mickey tie-dye? Do they provide shirts or something else for you to tie dye or should we bring our own? Wednesday will be our one pool day to take advantage of the activities.

Thanks for posting the March activities calendar! Has anyone done the Mickey tie-dye? Do they provide shirts or something else for you to tie dye or should we bring our own? Wednesday will be our one pool day to take advantage of the activities.

They provide everything you need for tie-dye, I believe it’s somewhere around $10 my youngest did another one recently.

My daughter did it at the GF and really enjoyed it. I can't remember if it was $10 or $15 but the experience was good. They help you get the shirt wrapped and you dye them the colors you want. They give you a bad to put it in and suggest you wait at least 4 days before washing it at which time you can wear it. You may want to make sure you have another bag to pack it in if you do it towards the end of your trip and can't wash it during your vacation.

I'm not sure when this review was done, but it has been a few years.

Tye-Dye Mickey Shirt activity:

The Mickey T-shirt activity is making a tie-dye Mickey t-shirt (with the Hidden Mickey outline in the center). The recreation CMs have already rubber banded the t-shirt for that particular design. You get to pick your colors and apply them to the shirt. DD8 did it last September and it was $17.95. I helped her with it, it was a lot of fun, and her shirt turned out to be very cute. I saw mostly kids doing it, some with parents, but I think that anyone could do it. They wrap your shirt in plastic wrap then put it in a ziploc bag for you. When you get home, you just have to rinse it out and wash it. The longer the color stays on the shirt, the more intense it is. We charged it to the room on our KTTW card and it showed up as babysitting charges.

If you are a DVC member, ask about a discount on this activity.

Tyedye2.jpg
Tyedye1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Page 1413-1414

This thread has been incredibly helpful! My family of four (DH, DD 16, & DS 12) are going to YC CL Oct. 17-21! I'm so very excited. My husband's birthday is during our trip so I want him to feel the love. My kids don't know...I have come up with some elaborate ways to announce a Disney trip in the past so I'm trying to figure out something fun.

I was planning to head to Beaches & Cream this trip to take on the Kitchen Sink as my DH would LOVE that experience and the kids would think its great but I see they are closed for expansion during our trip. Sigh. I'd rather miss the kitchen sink than have a favorite ride closed - where else in the Epcot resort area would be good for a fun meal?

:welcome:

Thanks for the kind words about this forum.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:

Just wanted to pop in to report on our Beach Club club level stay last week. My husband and I stayed four nights last week and we loved it. It was our first club level stay so other than what I read here, I had no idea what to expect. As many have mentioned, I’m not sure I could go back to a “regular” room LOL. We were booked in a standard view room, but had an amazing view of Stormalong Bay (roof view if we looked to the right). We were just a short walk from the lounge. We found the food offerings more than adequate. Loved the breakfast choices every day. Popped in only once during the snack times. I think we grabbed a cookie and some iced tea. As it turned out, twice we had either a big lunch or a late lunch so we were able to make a meal of the evening food offerings. The desserts were amazing. Happy to answer any questions anyone might have :-).

Thanks so much for your feedback about your stay.

:goodvibes

You can use pool on day you are leaving. I am unsure about showers being available.

:welcome: to posting on this thread and thank you for replying to the question about the pool.

:thumbsup2

We are booked for our first stay at Beach Club!!!!
October 15-18, a Food and Wine girls trip for my 40th birthday!
I’m so excited! I’ve always wanted to do a Food and Wine adult trip and I’ve wanted to stay at Beach Club for years.

Sounds like an exciting way to celebrate your birthday.

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

I'm sure I'm missing it, but what are the current pool hours?

Since your question has been answered (10-8) just wanted to say :welcome:

Do you have an trip coming right up?

:cool2:

Special occasion or just don't see what you want at WDW?
We ordered a bottle of vintage Champagne from an online site based in FL:

https://www.finding.wine/

Less to carry, good rating, arrived on time, and excellent price. Delivery was free but not sure if that was a holiday special or not.

Cool!

Thanks so much for this info. I have never heard of this before.

:drinking1

So I am guessing that you have a trip to the resort in April. BC, YC or BCV?

I'll add you to the list.

:dogdance:

My daughter did it at the GF and really enjoyed it. I can't remember if it was $10 or $15 but the experience was good. They help you get the shirt wrapped and you dye them the colors you want. They give you a bad to put it in and suggest you wait at least 4 days before washing it at which time you can wear it. You may want to make sure you have another bag to pack it in if you do it towards the end of your trip and can't wash it during your vacation.

:welcome to posting on this forum and thanks for providing your helpful input.

::yes::

How late does Hurricane Hannah's serve lunch? I'm a little confused by the Disney website because they have two separate menus - a pool bar and a lunch menu - but they both say they serve until 8:00. I just wanted to confirm that is the case because we would like to eat dinner there if they are still serving "lunch" at 6:00.

How late does Hurricane Hannah's serve lunch? I'm a little confused by the Disney website because they have two separate menus - a pool bar and a lunch menu - but they both say they serve until 8:00. I just wanted to confirm that is the case because we would like to eat dinner there if they are still serving "lunch" at 6:00.

I'm sure you will get an answer from someone who is there. In the meantime, here is what AllEars shows (Entrees available until 8:00 pm):
http://allears.net/dining/menu/hurricane-hannas/all-day/

The Disney Food Blog discusses recent menu changes at Hurricane Hanna's.
Disney Food Blog_Hurricane Hanna's

There is also info on menu changes throughout the YC & BC.

Hi Dee, we upgraded our 9/27 stay to Club level, still YC, thanks!!!

Got it!

:goodvibes

That's a good question. I don't know the answer, but it looks like they serve the same menu all day?

As Best Aunt points out below, someone more familiar with the location can confirm or correct this assumption.

::yes::

I'm sure you will get an answer from someone who is there. In the meantime, here is what AllEars shows (Entrees available until 8:00 pm):
http://allears.net/dining/menu/hurricane-hannas/all-day/

Thanks!

:thumbsup2

The Disney Food Blog discusses recent menu changes at Hurricane Hanna's.
Disney Food Blog_Hurricane Hanna's

There is also info on menu changes throughout the YC & BC.

I still need to add this info to the Dining Post.

But a more important priority:

Has anyone had the coconut apple coleslaw yet??? Review, please!

:hyper:

Holy moly, do I ever need a drink! I’ve had an excessively stressful day, thankfully with a good ending.

So, DH and I had a great bounceback rate booked for a YC std rm, September 2 to 6. It was going to be my first ever “go at a slower time” trip, since we’ve always only been able to go on holidays and peak travel times. I was very excited.

Then came today’s Galaxy’s Edge announcement. Ack! As soon as I read the initial tweets, I called DH to see if he wanted to upgrade to club level to take advance of the paid FPs and early booking for the new land. He agreed, so I snuck a call in over my lunch hour. I told the Reservations CM my plan, and she agreed that was a great idea and started to check rates.

Nothing available in club level at any deluxe on any discount. And rack rate at YC was going to run 2.5 times our original cost. Ouch. The cheapest rack rate club room at a deluxe still came in at double the cost.

Then the CM suggested the new tower at Coronado Springs. Nothing on a discount, but the rack rate for a club room came in at about $120 a night more. Ok, that’s doable, so I switched.

Then I came home, and read the full announcements and articles from later in the day. No FPs!! What?! So I left my beloved YC/BC for nothing? And I’m paying more for the privilege?

So I called back. DH was not optimistic, but I was determined. If the lunchtime CM had said even once that there were no FPs for the new land, I wouldn’t have switched. We were only doing it to gain slightly fewer headaches accessing the Star Wars stuff.

Nothing available. The original room was gone. I asked if she could talk to a manager, since it had only been a few hours and I had been given bad info from the first CM. (Yeah, my own fault, trusting a phone CM’s info.) Cue the extended hold time. About 15 minutes passed, and she returned to tell me the supervisor had restored my original reservation. Victory!

So, no change is needed to the Be Our Guest list...but it came darn close. And wow, do I ever need Captain Jack to bring me some Sunken Treasures at a SAB cabana...stat! Ninjamom, can you spare him for a bit?

So, no change is needed to the Be Our Guest list...but it came darn close. And wow, do I ever need Captain Jack to bring me some Sunken Treasures at a SAB cabana...stat! Ninjamom, can you spare him for a bit?

Sure, I can spare him for a bit... speaking of bits, I've been trying to convince him that wearing a Speedo is not part of the official "Cabana Boy" uniform. If you see him around the cabanas and he isn't wearing his Pirate Pantaloons would you do me a favor and let me know? I'll have to yell at him.

~NM

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter