Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

When refurbishment of Beaches & Cream originally was announced. it was advised that a temporary location, sans carry-out, would be available until the project was completed. There is now a message posted on the site, which seems to indicate otherwise.

Beaches & Cream Soda Shop will be closed for refurbishment from early August through winter 2019.

Can anyone tell me if SAB has locker rooms with showers like at GF? Wondering if its possible to shower and change before our flight home if I book an evening flight. And would this be a problem if we are already checked out can we even use SAB the rest of that day?

Can anyone tell me if SAB has locker rooms with showers like at GF? Wondering if its possible to shower and change before our flight home if I book an evening flight. And would this be a problem if we are already checked out can we even use SAB the rest of that day?

You can use pool on day you are leaving. I am unsure about showers being available.

You can use pool on day you are leaving. I am unsure about showers being available.

:welcome: to the thread!

*******************************************************************************************************************************
From Page 1, Post 2

May 2017- Showers have been added to the large poolside bathrooms !!!

Pictures of Pool side shower room, May 2017

Can anyone tell me if SAB has locker rooms with showers like at GF? Wondering if its possible to shower and change before our flight home if I book an evening flight.

Photos of the showers have been posted.

One thing I think I noticed is a lack of lockers in the shower area. At Wilderness Lodge and at the Boardwalk, the showers are in the fitness center, and there are lockers in the shower/bathroom room. When I used the showers at the Boardwalk I was by myself on check-out day, so I wanted to be able to lock up my stuff while I was in the shower and have it within easy reach when I got out. I had left my big suitcase with Bell Services, but had stuff I wanted for cleaning up in my small carry-on bag.

I think there are lockers outside in the SAB area but not in the room where the showers are.

Photos of the showers have been posted.

One thing I think I noticed is a lack of lockers in the shower area. At Wilderness Lodge and at the Boardwalk, the showers are in the fitness center, and there are lockers in the shower/bathroom room. When I used the showers at the Boardwalk I was by myself on check-out day, so I wanted to be able to lock up my stuff while I was in the shower and have it within easy reach when I got out. I had left my big suitcase with Bell Services, but had stuff I wanted for cleaning up in my small carry-on bag.

I think there are lockers outside in the SAB area but not in the room where the showers are.

The bolded is absolutely correct, the lockers are pretty close to the bathrooms but not inside. It was so nice to be able to shower after a day in the parks before my late night flight back to CA, a great addition to SAB.

I posted a similar question on the Polynesian thread, but thought I would ask here also. My DH and I are celebrating our 35th anniversary late August for 4 or 5 nights and are torn on which resort to stay. We have narrowed it down to either YC or Poly. We love YC and usually stay here with the kids as we love SAB, and the easy walk to BW, Dolphin, Epcot and DHS. We are only going to Epcot one day (so far), but might add a day at DHS last minute. However, we thought the Poly might be a little more romantic with the Hawaiian music piped in and the tikki torches. We've stayed there before but it was many years ago, so we know how easy it is to get to Epcot via monorail. I just don't know if we will be as happy there. I'd love to hear your advice. :earsboy:

Thank you both very much. We were debating about bringing wine with us or just purchasing a bottle while at the YC. :thanks:

Special occasion or just don't see what you want at WDW?
We ordered a bottle of vintage Champagne from an online site based in FL:

https://www.finding.wine/

Less to carry, good rating, arrived on time, and excellent price. Delivery was free but not sure if that was a holiday special or not.

Reactions: LSK
I posted a similar question on the Polynesian thread, but thought I would ask here also. My DH and I are celebrating our 35th anniversary late August for 4 or 5 nights and are torn on which resort to stay. We have narrowed it down to either YC or Poly. We love YC and usually stay here with the kids as we love SAB, and the easy walk to BW, Dolphin, Epcot and DHS. We are only going to Epcot one day (so far), but might add a day at DHS last minute. However, we thought the Poly might be a little more romantic with the Hawaiian music piped in and the tikki torches. We've stayed there before but it was many years ago, so we know how easy it is to get to Epcot via monorail. I just don't know if we will be as happy there. I'd love to hear your advice. :earsboy:

As far as the room itself, I think the YC rooms would be more "romantic" feeling than the Poly rooms. We like the Poly rooms a lot for our family of 4, but I don't know if we'd opt to stay there just DH and I. However, the Poly resort itself can feel very romantic with the vibe you described above. So it's a toss up, really, on how you'll feel overall by staying there. If it were me, I'd probably go with the YC if without our kids, and this is coming from a real Poly-lover!

As far as the room itself, I think the YC rooms would be more "romantic" feeling than the Poly rooms. We like the Poly rooms a lot for our family of 4, but I don't know if we'd opt to stay there just DH and I. However, the Poly resort itself can feel very romantic with the vibe you described above. So it's a toss up, really, on how you'll feel overall by staying there. If it were me, I'd probably go with the YC if without our kids, and this is coming from a real Poly-lover!
Thanks. Also, I just started researching YC again and realized that B&C and the arcade will be closed during our stay at YC. Might this mean a "little" less crowded at YC? I know a lot of non-YC guests come over to BC/YC to enjoy B&C.

There are very nice shower rooms for SAB located near Beaches & Cream. We used them on our check out day. We used the unisex shower room to change in because you can lock the door and have privacy. Then we stored our stuff in the lockers located inside the pool area and near the entrance to Beaches and Cream.

I'm sure I'm missing it, but what are the current pool hours?
SAB opened at 10 am when we were there last week. I don't remember what time they closed, though.

Thanks. Also, I just started researching YC again and realized that B&C and the arcade will be closed during our stay at YC. Might this mean a "little" less crowded at YC? I know a lot of non-YC guests come over to BC/YC to enjoy B&C.

Very true. Whichever you choose, I can't imagine you'd be disappointed! Poly is indeed one of our family favorites.

Really not enough people go to B & C that it effects how crowded or not the resort feels. Since they started taking ADRs years ago, there are not many people that just walk up & wait around for a table. Plus, B & C is outside, between Y & B resorts. The lobby & other hotel areas don’t get any spillover. Now Cape May Cafe, that effects the BC lobby. But B & C, nope.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!