Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are back from our six night WL/BC split stay and this time we really wished we could stay in warm and sunny Florida. We had good weather for most of the trip, just a little rain but that was in late afternoon and evening on Tuesday and Wednesday, and we were always in the resort at those times. Our four nights at the WL were a little quieter than the always busy BC resort days. We tried club level at the BC for the first time because we had a 35% passholder discount and Disney math made it possible. ;) We checked into the BC on Wednesday via taxi from the WL around 10am. We went to the front desk and as soon as they saw we were CL, they took us upstairs to complete the check in. Wednesday was the first day of Disney's new credit card policy and they explained how they would be putting a $100 hold on our credit card at check in. Our room wasn't ready yet so we grabbed a few snacks and headed down to SAB. We finally got the room ready text a little after 2pm and headed up to our room.

We were given room 5652, the room right next door to the club lounge and across the hall from the ice machine. It was a rather noisy area with people chatting while going to the lounge or elevators. We had just come from the serenity of the WL, where their club lounge is very quiet, and the bright and noisy BC was a tough transition. But we ended up taking full advantage of the food offerings in the lounge and cancelled our dinner reservations. We also spent a lot of time at SAB. In fact, we never made it into a park on either Wednesday or yesterday. The weather was fantastic for most of the trip and we really enjoying just hanging out at the pool. We had a great time at the BC, too, just like at the WL.

We were in room 5652 - standard view, 2 queens and a daybed, and a full balcony. It is the first room down the hall from the lounge and very convenient to run back and forth to the lounge from that room. I put pillows in front of the door at night to muffle the sound, and that worked very well.

BC 5652 2.JPG

BC room 5652 3.JPG

This room was right above the area where they do airline check in, although we didn't hear any noise from there. In fact, we didn't hear a lot of noise from the driveway below at all.

BC room 5652 4.JPG

This is the view slightly to the left. We could see the fireworks from Magic Kingdom from the balcony.

BC room 5652 5.JPG

This is the view to the right. I could see the Illuminations fireworks from the balcony by leaning over just a bit. It was a pretty good view.

BC 2 lounge and room.jpg

I marked our room, 5652, with a yellow circle and the club lounge with a blue circle. That is the Solarium at the bottom left and the area where they do airline check in directly below our room. We enjoyed the view and people watching. I was able to watch fireworks from MK and Epcot from this balcony.

All in all it was a great trip. We had club level access for both resorts and ended up only eating dinner at only one restaurant. The rest of the time we used the lounge for breakfast and dinner. I can see why people like club level. It made the trip a little less stressful. :)

Last edited:
We are booked for our first stay at the Beach Club October 30-November 6th this year. I'll be participating in the Wine & Dine races. DH may be too. He is lamenting not staying at the Contemporary, but I know the kids will love the pool! Plus, being able to walk to Epcot for F&W fun is a win for me!

I wonder if anyone has a picture (or pictures) of the mug refill stations at Hurricane Hanna's and/or Beach Club Marketplace taken recently? I don't know why I want to see what is available, but I do LOL Thank you!

I wonder if anyone has a picture (or pictures) of the mug refill stations at Hurricane Hanna's and/or Beach Club Marketplace taken recently? I don't know why I want to see what is available, but I do LOL Thank you!
The beach club marketplace has 2 Coca Cola freestyle machines. So any of the choices it has are available.

Page 1412

Haven't been to Beach Club in a few years, but our family is going in December to celebrate my birthday and my husband's birthday. Can't wait to return to my favorite resort!

:welcome: back!

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:

Yes! Thank you!! Oct 27-Nov 5th :cool1:

Thanks for the dates!

:goodvibes

We are back from our six night WL/BC split stay and this time we really wished we could stay in warm and sunny Florida.

Thanks again for another excellent, detailed report.

:thumbsup2

We are booked for our first stay at the Beach Club October 30-November 6th this year. I'll be participating in the Wine & Dine races. DH may be too. He is lamenting not staying at the Contemporary, but I know the kids will love the pool! Plus, being able to walk to Epcot for F&W fun is a win for me!

:welcome:

I'll add your trip to the list.

The location of the resort makes it so convenient to get to EPCOT. I hope your family loves the Beach Club- I suspect they will!

:woohoo:

Not sure about BC, but the market at Ale and Compass at YC had at least three different brands of Cabernet Sauvignon in October that you could purchase by the bottle. They also had those single cup type containers of Woodbridge CS.

I can't answer about the BC Marketplace either, but to add to @gillep's excellent adivice, here is what was available at the Market at Ale & Compass this past weekend:

For cabs, it looks like:

BR Cohn
Chateau Smith
Simi
Woodbridge (individual servings)

I'd need others to vouch if any of these are any good! LOL!

View attachment 384878

Thank you both very much. We were debating about bringing wine with us or just purchasing a bottle while at the YC. :thanks:

Page 1412

:welcome: back!

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:

Thanks for the dates!

:goodvibes

Thanks again for another excellent, detailed report.

:thumbsup2

:welcome:

I'll add your trip to the list.

The location of the resort makes it so convenient to get to EPCOT. I hope your family loves the Beach Club- I suspect they will!

:woohoo:

March Activities Calendar (temporary)

The site where I have been getting the calendar has not published their calendars yet.

March 2019 page 1.jpg

March 2019 page 2.jpg

Thanks, @Wood Nymph

March 2019 Movie Schedule, 8 pm popcorn::

Movies are back on the beach and the campfire takes place every night!

Sun- Snow White & the Seven Dwarfs

Mon- Hercules

Tues- Dumbo (1941)

Wed- The Lion King

Thurs- Alice in Wonderland (1951)

Fri - The Princess & the Frog

Sat- A Bug's Life

Last edited:
Thank you both very much. We were debating about bringing wine with us or just purchasing a bottle while at the YC. :thanks:

Don't some of the countries in Epcot sell wine?

Yes - the Italy and France pavilions definitely sell wine (more pavilions may as well), however, the bottles have to be sent to a park entrance (takes 3-4 hours) - you can’t generally take a bottle with you (some have reported cast members letting them). For what it’s worth, I’ve found the Fuel market in the Dolphin hotel (next door) has a nice variety of bottles available and different than the Disney resorts.

This thread has been incredibly helpful! My family of four (DH, DD 16, & DS 12) are going to YC CL Oct. 17-21! I'm so very excited. My husband's birthday is during our trip so I want him to feel the love. My kids don't know...I have come up with some elaborate ways to announce a Disney trip in the past so I'm trying to figure out something fun.

I was planning to head to Beaches & Cream this trip to take on the Kitchen Sink as my DH would LOVE that experience and the kids would think its great but I see they are closed for expansion during our trip. Sigh. I'd rather miss the kitchen sink than have a favorite ride closed - where else in the Epcot resort area would be good for a fun meal?

This thread has been incredibly helpful! My family of four (DH, DD 16, & DS 12) are going to YC CL Oct. 17-21! I'm so very excited. My husband's birthday is during our trip so I want him to feel the love. My kids don't know...I have come up with some elaborate ways to announce a Disney trip in the past so I'm trying to figure out something fun.

I was planning to head to Beaches & Cream this trip to take on the Kitchen Sink as my DH would LOVE that experience and the kids would think its great but I see they are closed for expansion during our trip. Sigh. I'd rather miss the kitchen sink than have a favorite ride closed - where else in the Epcot resort area would be good for a fun meal?
While B&C is undergoing refurbishment, a temporary location will be available. The temporary location will not offer carry-out, but in-restaurant dining will be available with most, if not all of the menu. The temp location has not yet been publicly announced, but when the former Captain's Grille was being converted over to the current Ale & Compass Restaurant and Lounge, the temporary location was Ariel's, which is adjacent to the current B&C.

EDIT/UPDATE The plan is now to only offer ice cream, but not the Kitchen Sink," at some location at YC/BC, while refurbishment is underway. No carry-out window will be available.

Last edited:
Just wanted to pop in to report on our Beach Club club level stay last week. My husband and I stayed four nights last week and we loved it. It was our first club level stay so other than what I read here, I had no idea what to expect. As many have mentioned, I’m not sure I could go back to a “regular” room LOL. We were booked in a standard view room, but had an amazing view of Stormalong Bay (roof view if we looked to the right). We were just a short walk from the lounge. We found the food offerings more than adequate. Loved the breakfast choices every day. Popped in only once during the snack times. I think we grabbed a cookie and some iced tea. As it turned out, twice we had either a big lunch or a late lunch so we were able to make a meal of the evening food offerings. The desserts were amazing. Happy to answer any questions anyone might have :-).

Questions on the cabanas:
  • How far in advance of stay can we book?
  • How do we book (call rec line?)
  • Cancellation policy? (i.e. if forecast looks like rain can we cancel a few days out?)
I’m excited to hopefully try these out this fall!

Questions on the cabanas:
  • How far in advance of stay can we book?
  • How do we book (call rec line?)
  • Cancellation policy? (i.e. if forecast looks like rain can we cancel a few days out?)
I’m excited to hopefully try these out this fall!
I imagine that the info is similar to that for other resort cabanas, with the exception that you must be a registered guest at the resort to reserve cabanas at the YC and BC.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/cabanas/

Reservations are made by phone, at 407-WDW-PLAY.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter