Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

she had to do some research but found their info that did say you have to be staying at the YC/BC to reserve those, but interestingly enough you can reserve a GF or CR cabana if you are staying at any WDW resort

There is no pool hopping allowed to SAB, so if you weren't a hotel guest, you'd effectively be renting it only to look at it from outside the fence :)

There is no pool hopping allowed to SAB, so if you weren't a hotel guest, you'd effectively be renting it only to look at it from outside the fence :)
Isn’t that the same at all disney resorts though? You can only “pool hop” at port Orleans and yc/bc club

Isn’t that the same at all disney resorts though? You can only “pool hop” at port Orleans and yc/bc club
DVC members can pool hop, although Grand Floridian is also on the "not allowed" exceptions, so I guess that debunks that theory. Maybe you can rent those cabanas to gain access to those pools? Sort of like an entry fee? Who knows.
:beach:

DVC members can pool hop, although Grand Floridian is also on the "not allowed" exceptions, so I guess that debunks that theory. Maybe you can rent those cabanas to gain access to those pools? Sort of like an entry fee? Who knows.
Oh okay. We aren’t dvc. I didn’t know you could pool hop as a dvc member. Can you go to any pool? Well besides gf and Sab apparently

Oh okay. We aren’t dvc. I didn’t know you could pool hop as a dvc member. Can you go to any pool? Well besides gf and Sab apparently
DVC used to be able to pool hop to most pools, just not SAB and for some reason I remember it always excluded AKL. But it seems to me that over the years they’ve excluded so many pools I wondered what pools were left they would want to pool hop to, and felt like it really didn’t seem like a perk anymore. But we aren’t DVC, so I only knew this peripherally and never gave it much more than that that passing thought about it not seeming like much of a perk anymore.

ETA I just saw the above link- guess I was wrong about AKL! I would have sworn... I guess I remember wrong o_O

Last edited:

Yea, we did that too. That's the only reservation we weren't able to secure. I'm not looking forward to fastpasses reservation day for a group this large either! LOL
Honestly, I did fastpasses for a group of 49 and for many I was able to everyone together. I often would book 15-20 at a time then stagger the other times by 5-10 minutes. Not a problem. I would say try the full number first, then break it in half and see what comes up.

Not very likely that you would be able to stay in the studio. If I understand correctly, no 2 BR Villas connect to other 2 BR Villas.

No wheelchair rental at any resort. You can rent from an off site vendor and have it at the resort.

FYI, to my understanding that is exactly how it works - anyone can rent a GF or CR cabana. Always seemed odd to me, but I’m pretty certain that’s the case. Or just bad DIS info that gets repeated as fact. But seems to be supported by @ninafeliz’s conversation with a CM earlier.

I have some pictures of the cabanas ready to post. These are located in the corner, just past the sandy kids pool area.

Thank you for taking the time to get these pictures for us. I was wondering if you saw any suspicious characters in the Cabana area. I personally have witnessed a handful of tawdry women lounging at this pool and I was wondering if that was still a problem. These gang members seem to prefer flower petal bathing caps as a symbol of their gang membership. Did you see anything like that?

~NM

Thank you for taking the time to get these pictures for us. I was wondering if you saw any suspicious characters in the Cabana area. I personally have witnessed a handful of tawdry women lounging at this pool and I was wondering if that was still a problem. These gang members seem to prefer flower petal bathing caps as a symbol of their gang membership. Did you see anything like that?

~NM

DSCF9112 - Copy (2).JPG

This group?

I have heard that Disney tried to book them for the Grand Cabana opening, but fame has gone to their heads and the price was prohibitive.

Of course, I'm talking about the Notorious Voluptuous Noodle quartet. That first group can be easily bought off with Sunken Treasures.

5754884767_ebd7587814.jpg

PS- If you need to read more about these former Beach & Yacht Club stars, check out their Fan Page here:

Page 1, Post 17, Hysterical Historical News: Voluptuous Noodle Swap, Stormalong Bay Synchronized Pool Tube Team, Fantasy Closet, Buzzy the Fly

:grouphug:

Last edited:
Oh how I wish I was at SAB right now!
I'd even take my chances of running into the motley crew of flower-headed female swimmers and the noodle family (though as I've just had spaghetti bolognese for lunch I'm afraid I may have eaten the runaway Pashima). Fun memories of the synchronized swim team and noodle swap family:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
Thank you Sue @Wood Nymph for all the great photos :)

Hi all, this may be of interest to those of you with 4-12 year olds.
I have been trying to book Pixar play zone for our Aug stay
and was told tonight by Disney signature service that it is not running during the time we are staying.
They suggested a new event;

“We will have a new and exciting experience for your children to enjoy while they are with us called CaptainHook's Pirate Crew. Each night from 5-8:30 p.m., kids ages 4–12 are welcome aboard, participating in an escape room-style activity and treasure huntthroughout the resort. The pirate recruits will embark on a short boat ride across Crescent Lake in search for the treasure, and later return to Seaside Retreat to feast together after their excursion. Captain Hook comes to check on hisrecruits, teaching them the secret pirate hand shake, and making sure they found where “X” marks the spot.”

Its running from Beach and Yacht club on a nightly basis and is $55 plus tax per child.

This sounds awesome! I hope they still offer the Pirate Adventure cruises though. DD loves those. She wasn't really crazy about the idea of Pixar play zone but this sounds right up her alley!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter