Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Okay, I currently have a water view booked for my 3 night stay in March. For about $350 I can upgrade to standard view - club level.

Should I give up the view in order to experience club level at the yacht club?

Our flight arrives at 8:30am and leaves at 9pm and I know the lounge is accessible when we arrive and after we check out of our room.

Would it be worth it? Any input would be lovely!!

Okay, I currently have a water view booked for my 3 night stay in March. For about $350 I can upgrade to standard view - club level.

Our flight arrives at 8:30am and leaves at 9pm and I know the lounge is accessible when we arrive and after we check out of our room.

If you will be able to actually use the lounge I would 100% switch. We had a standard view club level room and I didn’t think our view was that bad at all

I have not done YC CL, just AKL CL, but have seen really positive reports for YC, so based on that, and if it is $350 total and not per night, I would absolutely upgrade. I think a 3 night stay is perfect to try out CL. I am not a huge view person though and enjoy the food/beverage offerings and extra space that the lounge provides. We always get breakfast in the lounge and are usually back for at least one of the other services throughout the day and for me that's still enough usage to make it worth it.

I love a good view, and have to admit as I've gotten older and our habits have changed I value view more than I used to, but even so I would always choose CL over a view. Even though I would choose the SV CL in your case, I will let you know that my standard view rooms at the YC and BC CLs have been the worst SVs I've had (not terrible, just worse than the SV CL rooms at any other disney resort). The way the YC and BC were built seems to give way more bad views, unlike almost all of the other WDW resorts.

Our first stay at Beach Club booked for this year, 8/16-8/24!

Really bummed about Beaches and Cream. I saw on some sites that the 5th is the closing date but I am hoping it is a little later than that since it was going to be our first night dinner :(

Our first stay at Beach Club booked for this year, 8/16-8/24!

Really bummed about Beaches and Cream. I saw on some sites that the 5th is the closing date but I am hoping it is a little later than that since it was going to be our first night dinner :(
We arrive the 9th and were planning it for our first night too :(

Dee, add me to the Be Our Guest list for YC CL April 20-26! My last spring break trip with Andrew before he graduates high school. :(

Does the new cabana area cut into the children's shallow pool area?

No, it is the area around that had chairs & landscaping. I haven’t spoken to any cast members about it yet. The area seems pretty small for cabanas actually. Unless it is going to be enlarged. It’s really just the one corner at the far end, near the walkway to the dock. I wish I was in a different room, I can’t see the construction area from my balcony at all.

Does the new cabana area cut into the children's shallow pool area?

This is a picture Dee posted last year when the news first broke. I would say the current boarded off area is about half the circled area. As far as I can tell, the wading area is not affected at this time. There is definitely still seating between the construction walls & the building too. So again, a relatively small area.

upload_2019-2-6_15-35-29.jpeg

Last edited:
Pretty sure this sentence has never been said on the DIS before. :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Hope you're enjoying your trip.

:rotfl2:And you would think after 6 weeks of remodeling at home, I wouldn’t be looking for construction on vacation too.

We are having a good trip. Weather is great..... much better than the snow I was shoveling a few days ago. And should be perfect for DAH tomorrow!

Cabana update: I spoke to DSS today about when they would be available to book and prices. They are available to book now for starting date 3/17/19, prices are $149-$199 half day (10:00am and 3:00pm) $249-$299 whole day (10:00am-close) the range reflects season (high low). Photo ID required to check in. 24 hour cancellation and they will switch day or refund for inclimate weather. I booked a whole day for 4/17/19 and it was $318 with tax. Expensive, but it is DH 50th birthday and DD Sweet 16. Hope this is helpful. If I find out anything else, I’ll post it.
Shelly

Cabana update: I spoke to DSS today about when they would be available to book and prices. They are available to book now for starting date 3/17/19, prices are $149-$199 half day (10:00am and 3:00pm) $249-$299 whole day (10:00am-close) the range reflects season (high low). Photo ID required to check in. 24 hour cancellation and they will switch day or refund for inclimate weather. I booked a whole day for 4/17/19 and it was $318 with tax. Expensive, but it is DH 50th birthday and DD Sweet 16. Hope this is helpful. If I find out anything else, I’ll post it.
Shelly

Great! Thanks for the update. Do you have any info on what is included?

Great! Thanks for the update. Do you have any info on what is included?
I’m sorry, I can’t remember exactly. 2 lounge chairs, and servers for food and drink, is all I can remember. She told me more, but I was also cancelling and booking a few other things. I will ask next call and post.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter