Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

It's still included in the monthly resort activities sheet for January.

That brings me to a similar question - has anyone tried the yoga?
Thanks, I didn’t think to check that. We are definitely planning on doing the run. I have knee problems that prohibit me from running much farther than 2 miles

Last edited:
Page 1377

Thx for all you do:)

:hug:

:hug:

Please add us to BOG list, September 30 - October 4 Yacht Club

:welcome: back!

Will do!

:cool1:

We are on the Be Our Guest List ! May 30- June 4 th YC CL
and 10/30-11/4 YC ( hoping to jump to Club level) lol :)

Got 'em!

:goodvibes

My trip is in May 2019. I will definitely report back. I think it is a lot more hassle if people try to switch their rooms at check in. We all know that it is just a request. So I am hoping that it was just the CM.

:thanks:

It's still included in the monthly resort activities sheet for January.

That brings me to a similar question - has anyone tried the yoga?

Great question!

I just did a search on the thread, and nobody had come back and given a review on the morning yoga on the beach.

So, friends, has anyone done this?

:worship::duck:(downward duck)

Room 2583
Garden View
2 Queen Beds, Daybed
Full balcony
December 2018
wmoon

We had requested a day bed, high floor and to be on the same side as the volleyball court. We ended up in room 2583. It had everything we had asked for and a full balcony. It was fairly close to the lobby and I don’t know if it’s just me but I loved walking down the little staircase into the lobby each day, it felt very princessy.

The room itself was nice but my goodness the toilets are noisy and the soundproofing is not great. Mousekeeping was fine but not proactive with providing things like extra toiletries although they were always left when we asked.

Attachments

• 2583 wmoon Dec 2018.jpg
    2583 wmoon Dec 2018.jpg
    14.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 2583.jpg
    2583.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Okay, so after spending our December WL trip slightly disappointed, we’ve done some shuffling. Dee, can you add these additional trips to the Be Our Guest list please?

April 19-22 - YC GV (was supposed to be OKW but got a great AP rate so had to switch)
May 17-19 YC CL SV (although still have a really good BB booking at POFQ, so might wimp out and save some $$)
Sept 2-6 YC SV on an awesome BB rate to celebrate my retirement (or maybe BC SV with free dining, but likely YC)

Our plan was originally to try all sorts of different resorts, but BC/YC keeps calling us home.

Thanks!

I just overheard a life guard tell a guest that daily pool passes can be purchased, as long as you're staying on Disney property. Can somebody please tell me if this is true?

I just overheard a life guard tell a guest that daily pool passes can be purchased, as long as you're staying on Disney property. Can somebody please tell me if this is true?
Maybe ask the lifeguard for more details, where to purchase, cost?
(I admit I am surprised by this. Is it possible it was some sort of "joke"?)

I have never heard of this! I would ask the lifeguard for more details such as where to purchase and cost....

I have never heard of this! I would ask the lifeguard for more details such as where to purchase and cost....
We thought maybe it was a joke, too, so we took to the Boards haha. But we heard it in passing (straight up accidental eavesdropping) and went back to ask and she said she was serious, and I could have swore she said you purchase it from the front desk. I was just wondering if anybody knew a little something more than us/is staying there and could figure it out haha

They used to allow this but then stopped about 10 years ago. This is the first I have heard of them starting it back up.

Did they stop allowing parties of 5 in any club level rooms at the YC and BC?? I am trying to put together a split stay with the passholder fun & sun offer in June, and was wondering why neither the YC or BC were showing any CL availability no matter what dates I put in, but many of the other resorts were wide open. Then I noticed it said max adults 4 on all of those rooms! Why, why, why would they do this? We just stayed at both CLs last June with 2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 under 3! This is our last year of being able to fit into a regular room before our twins turn 3, and I really wanted to squeak in 1 more CL stay in the Epcot area! It looks like the BWI still allows 5 in their CL rooms, but it isn't showing availability as of now for the days we want. There is also the deluxe room at the BC, but is't also not available, plus it's more $, on a different floor, and the BC is less of a discount. Sure enough, I removed 1 child and both YC and BC CL rooms showed up with lots of choices. I'm so disappointed, and annoyed!

They used to allow this but then stopped about 10 years ago. This is the first I have heard of them starting it back up.

First I have heard of it, too.

Of course, if this is true, perhaps it is something that is done only at times like in the winter, when the pool isn't crowded due to the weather conditions.

At any rate, I have a couple of minions staying at the resort for race weekend and after the races are done, I'll have them sniff around to see what they can find out.

:magnify:

Did they stop allowing parties of 5 in any club level rooms at the YC and BC?? I am trying to put together a split stay with the passholder fun & sun offer in June, and was wondering why neither the YC or BC were showing any CL availability no matter what dates I put in, but many of the other resorts were wide open. Then I noticed it said max adults 4 on all of those rooms! Why, why, why would they do this? We just stayed at both CLs last June with 2 adults, 2 kids, and 2 under 3! This is our last year of being able to fit into a regular room before our twins turn 3, and I really wanted to squeak in 1 more CL stay in the Epcot area! It looks like the BWI still allows 5 in their CL rooms, but it isn't showing availability as of now for the days we want. There is also the deluxe room at the BC, but is't also not available, plus it's more $, on a different floor, and the BC is less of a discount. Sure enough, I removed 1 child and both YC and BC CL rooms showed up with lots of choices. I'm so disappointed, and annoyed!

Both resorts have restricted parties of more than 4 in the garden/woods and water/pool view categories in club level for several years now and they have recently expanded that policy to the standard view rooms. One of the reasons is that there are limited numbers of daybeds in some of those rooms, but I suspect the driving factor, as dansdad suggests, is money. If you can fill the club level rooms with 4 or fewer guests, they are providing the extra concierge amenities to fewer people.

:sad2:

Yes. And they've updated the website to show this.

Well except for the 2-Bedroom Club Level Suites at both. $$$$$$$$$

I didn't think to look there. Of course, that is always the LAST place I look for accurate info.

:thanks:

Is the regatta run still going on? We check out on a Thursday but we would really like to do it.
A little late to the party, but yes it’s scheduled for 9:00 AM each Thursday this month. I passed on our current trip as I decided to run the 10K and 1/2 marathon! Running is on hold for the next few days. Off to spectate the full marathon now.

First I have heard of it, too.

Of course, if this is true, perhaps it is something that is done only at times like in the winter, when the pool isn't crowded due to the weather conditions.

At any rate, I have a couple of minions staying at the resort for race weekend and after the races are done, I'll have them sniff around to see what they can find out.

:magnify:

Yes, I noticed this last night! Looks like people can buy going to another pool....
Not liking it
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/

Scroll down to bottom of page!

I’m trying to figure out the same. Isn’t there only 6 deluxe rooms at BC? So how do we figure out which ones are CL? Or is it only 6 Deluxe CL rooms?

It seems to me that none of the deluxe rooms are CL now. When I look booking rooms on future dates all of the deluxe rooms only come up as standard room. I could be wrong though so don't take my word for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter