Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks! That's what I figured. Just trying to figure out where the room might be located :)

Very excited to stay at BC for the first time!

We are booked in a BC deluxe room. Did these room used to be club level and now they are not? I am getting confused when I see old posts saying the deluxe was club level.

Thanks!
I’m trying to figure out the same. Isn’t there only 6 deluxe rooms at BC? So how do we figure out which ones are CL? Or is it only 6 Deluxe CL rooms?

Last edited:
We just booked our stay for Aug 22-29 at BC. We stayed at the BC two summer trips ago. Last summer trip we did a split stay between Poly and BWI. We enjoyed both, but for this trip we are going with two sets of friends and their families that have never stayed Deluxe and we felt like we had to bring them to BC!! The Epcot area is our favorite and nothing beats walking to Epcot and cooling off in SAB. We can't wait!!

I called Disney yesterday to have my request for a full balcony added to my BC reservation. The CM on the phone told me that the "full balcony" request for the BC has been disconntinued recently and I could only request it at check in. My day bed request was added to my reservation with no problem. Of course I will call again to see if it was just the CM.

Page 1375

I have a room booked for myself and a room for a friend and her bf. He will be on a scooter. We have club level rooms booked, will they fit in the rooms with 2 queen beds do you think or should we request a king bed for them?

They should be fine- a frequent poster here shared a picture of a stay with 2 scooters in the room.

This room had 2 Queen beds and a daybed, however I would think that one of the rooms without a daybed would have more space. I believe there is a lower percentage of daybed rooms at Club Level, so possibly the first time in history, perhaps a request of "Room without a daybed, please" might be best for them if they do not need the couch. They should both call in the request and register with Disney Signature Services.

ECVs .jpg ECVs in room.jpg

:goodvibes

We are not that long back from our Christmas and New Year stay.

I thought I’d come on first to say thanks for all the invaluable info on here that helped make our trip fabulous.

We stayed the first 5 nights at the contemporary in a theme park view room then moved over to a garden view room at beachclub.

We had requested a day bed, high floor and to be on the same side as the volleyball court. We ended up in room 2583. It had everything we had asked for and a full balcony, I will try to upload a picture of the view later. It was fairly close to the lobby and I don’t know if it’s just me but I loved walking down the little staircase into the lobby each day, it felt very princessy.

The room itself was nice but my goodness the toilets are noisy and the soundproofing is not great. Mousekeeping was fine but not proactive with providing things like extra toiletries although they were always left when we asked.

We found the marketplace to be pretty busy most of the time and I was a little disappointed in the bakery selection, the yacht club marketplace had better choice. I did love the clam chowder though.

The location was great especially over new year and we had a nice stay. The buses were fine, a couple of times we had just missed a bus and had a longer wait but nothing crazy.

Having now stayed in the beach and yacht club I can firmly say my heart lies in the yacht club camp and if we return to the Epcot resorts that’s where we will stay.

Nothing wrong with the beach club but I prefer the decor and quieter feel of the yacht club and I liked their christmas colour scheme better, the carousel as lovely as it was has a very strong smell that I did get a little fed up with.

Thank you so much for your review!

Yes, I love descending that staircase from the second floor!

I would love to see the view from your room. If you can't upload it, please email a picture to me: beachclubdee at yahoo

:thumbsup2

Thanks @natebenma!

Our dates are June 5-11, Regatta Club

Thanks! Got it!
:cool2:

Yes! We'll be there from 12/22/19-12/27/19 -- we rebooked the 1 BR suite for those dates. :goodvibes

Fantastic!

::yes::

I called Disney yesterday to have my request for a full balcony added to my BC reservation. The CM on the phone told me that the "full balcony" request for the BC has been disconntinued recently and I could only request it at check in. My day bed request was added to my reservation with no problem. Of course I will call again to see if it was just the CM.

:welcome: back!

When is your new trip?

1) Definitely call back!

2) I'll be horrified if this is true, but if you (or anyone else) gets the same answer, please let us know.

:eek:

Page 1375

We just booked yacht club CL standard view for January 28-31!! We have never been to yc or done CL so we are super excited! Anything I should know about CL or any room requests I should make?

I'll add you to the list!

:cool1:

Happy New Year Everyone!
So happy to say that we are now booked at the BC, August 14-21.

Dee.... please add us to the BOG list when you get a chance. So excited to finally be coming "home" after such a long break :banana:

:wave2:

Will do!

:banana::banana::banana:

MommyRosa2...great minds!

Dee? Could you add us to the BOG list for 8/15-26 at BC? We need to celebrate our 1st Anniversary, right? :earboy2::earboy2:

Awesome anniversary celebration!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Add me too lol. BC std 2/15-18 with dd23.

Dh and I were at Dolphin for late Dec and for the 1st time we liked the boardwalk area. I am a mono snob but love to mix it up so not to get bored lol.

If disney site out of inventory I have found your TA's still do and even undercover tourist.

I am glad I asked because for what I could find /afford it was going to be POR for only like $70 a nite less tax incl.

I researched and it appears BC std floors 2 and 3 facing the front? That will be fine I suppose since we will probably be at the pool or Epcot anyways.

Does BC have the soap dispensers now?

Best place for coffee to grab for the room? Or should I room service it?

Thx!

I don't think anyone answered your coffee question. As far as I know, the Beach Club still has the Cuisninart coffee pod machines in-room, not the Keurigs like the YC has. The coffee is not the best, but it does the trick until I can get myself out of the room to Marketplace when it opens for coffee. 6 am? 6:30? I'm not really sure. I have never used room service for coffee or anything else at the resort, so I am no help there.

:coffee:

I have stayed at BC once and YC going on my third stay Aug 2019. For reference I have stayed at every deluxe and moderate on property except for the BWI and SSR. We usually go every year but pick a different resort just to mix it up. Well once we stayed at the BC that changed everything! YCBC became our absolute favorite. It's literally the only pool I long to get in after the parks at Disney. We now though as a family have proclaimed the YC over the BC to be the perfect resort for all future trips for these reasons. #1 All ( or most except maybe 5) rooms come with full balcony #2 First stop on and off the buses. This is huge trust me! many times we arrived at the BC with a full to almost full bus #3 the entrance to SAB is much more convenient from the YC side than the BC side. And the sandy area in on the YC side. #4 Friendship boats to HS and Epcot is right outside the YC back entrance. #5 only the YC has a door separating the bathroom from the main area which we need for privacy when dressing etc. #6 YC rooms are absolutely lovely and the bathroom showers have two shower heads lol. #7 Better restaurant choices in the YC. We had our best meal of the trip at Ale and Compass. Hope this helps :sunny:

:welcome: back here!

I'll add your August trip to the Be Our Guest list.

Thanks for your input.

We really prefer the Beach Club. The Yacht Club is fine, but it seems more stuffy, and now with the new conference, more adult. As we always travel with our kids we prefer the relaxed friendly atmosphere of the BC. We also like that it is closer to Epcot, since we spend a fair amount of time there (and we are not HS people). And I can’t forget to mention the smell of the BC lobby! Wish they would bottle that!:cool2:

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!

And I can’t forget to mention the smell of the BC lobby! Wish they would bottle that!:cool2:

Have you seen this post?

Ooo-Ooo, That Smell!

The smell in the lobbies of the Beach Club and Yacht Club is green clover and aloe, generated with the Enviroscent system/ www.scentairhome.com
note: The unit is quite expensive (around $300 plus cost of cartridges). The company has sold it to individuals in the past but some recent reports indicate that the companies have not been accommodating to non-business customers.

Clever and Inquisitive Guests have sniffed out some Red Neck Scent Substitutions.

Candles:

Certain candle fragrances mimic the Beach Club lobby scent:

Bath & Body Works: Rainkissed Leaves, Beach House, Beach Cabana (essence of BC)
Yankee Candle: Exotic Rainforest, Oceanside Retreat, Cotton Blossom, A Summer's Wish (similar), Beach Walk
Aldi: Water Lily & Aloe
Magic Candle Company: Yacht Club
Columbia Fragrance Company: Walt's Wonderful World- Green Clover & Aloe
Walter and Rosie Candle Company: Beach Club
Spireside (formerly Anthology): Beach Club or Clover Fields (see below for review)
Maple and Whiskey- a company from the UK
Etsy- search on Beach Club/Disney/Mouse Scents candles or scents
WEDway Candle Company

Note: some of these fragrances have been discontinued
Also, some customers indicated that Walter and Rosie Candle Company have had some fulfillment issues and complaints in the past, but under new management the situation has improved.

candle.jpg

In the words of the candlemaker: "Fresh green notes accented with white jasmine, blond woods and musk. And the candle is spot on with the scent of the lobby."

You can also order the scents to make your own candles!
The Candlemakers Store, Rainkissed Leaves

Other Products- Hand lotions, soap, room sprays:

Last edited:
Page 1376

We stayed at Yacht Club this past Thanksgiving 2018 and absolutely loved it. Out of 8 Disney’s stays this was our first deluxe and now we too are spoiled and hooked. I was just able to snag a 40% off CL Yacht at the end of May . My husband fears we will not only get hooked on Yacht and the Epcot area but Club level too! The updated rooms are fantastic!

:welcome:

Glad to hear you will be coming back so soon.

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

are The coke freestyle machines at beach club rfid? If I buy a refillable mug can I use it there or only at traditional soda machines

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort booked?

:goodvibes

You can use the rapid refill mugs at all of the resort soda machines. The Coke Freestyle and traditional fountains all use the same chip technology on WDW property.

I know you have been to the resorts recently. Can you shed some light on the soft drink refill machines in the two Marketplaces? Are there two of the Freestyle machines in the BC and YC Marketplaces? Are there any traditional soda machines as well, or just the Freestyles?

The refill stations at Hurricane Hanna's are still the traditional soda dispensers aren't they?

:drinking1

I've looked at maps trying to find room sections (so I can request a specific section), but I'm not finding it. Can someone tell me....
At the Beach Club, where is the best room/section to stay so we're close to Epcot, and can possibly see the fireworks from our room (if that's even possible?)

Thank you!!

There aren't really any officially "named" sections, so the best way to make a request is to do it by description.

What view category have you booked? Standard, Garden/Woods or Water view?

The end of the wing between the BC Marketplace and lobby would be closest to EPCOT (near rooms X501), but rooms close to the lobby or lobby elevators would also provide a quick (outside) route to the park.

Some of the garden view rooms near the EPCOT exit have obstructed views of the higher Illuminations fireworks. I believe you are able to see the HS fireworks from some water view rooms that face the Boardwalk.

We're booked for the BC 8/23-8/31 with the free dining promo. It'll be our first stay at the BC. We stayed at the BWV in Nov 2017 and we LOVED the Epcot resort area. Walking to Epcot was amazing. We're planning on spending more time at the pool this trip than we normally do. The kids are going to love it!

I’m trying to figure out the same. Isn’t there only 6 deluxe rooms at BC? So how do we figure out which ones are CL? Or is it only 6 Deluxe CL rooms?

Have you booked a stay or are you in research mode?

There were (are) 6 Deluxe Rooms that were all Club Level until recently. I'm not sure now how many remain CL now. I'll see if I am able to find out.

We just booked our stay for Aug 22-29 at BC. We stayed at the BC two summer trips ago. Last summer trip we did a split stay between Poly and BWI. We enjoyed both, but for this trip we are going with two sets of friends and their families that have never stayed Deluxe and we felt like we had to bring them to BC!! The Epcot area is our favorite and nothing beats walking to Epcot and cooling off in SAB. We can't wait!!

What a great place to take a group trip with friends!

:dogdance:

We’re booked at the BC 5/22/19-5/27/19 :cheer2:
Can you please add us to the list

Will do!!!

Last edited:
Page 1375

Will do!

:banana::banana::banana:

Awesome anniversary celebration!

I don't think anyone answered your coffee question. As far as I know, the Beach Club still has the Cuisninart coffee pod machines in-room, not the Keurigs like the YC has. The coffee is not the best, but it does the trick until I can get myself out of the room to Marketplace when it opens for coffee. 6 am? 6:30? I'm not really sure. I have never used room service for coffee or anything else at the resort, so I am no help there.

:coffee:

:welcome: back here!

I'll add your August trip to the Be Our Guest list.

Thanks for your input.

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!

Have you seen this post?

Ooo-Ooo, That Smell!

The smell in the lobbies of the Beach Club and Yacht Club is green clover and aloe, generated with the Enviroscent system/ www.scentairhome.com
note: The unit is quite expensive (around $300 plus cost of cartridges). The company has sold it to individuals in the past but some recent reports indicate that the companies have not been accommodating to non-business customers.

Clever and Inquisitive Guests have sniffed out some Red Neck Scent Substitutions.

Candles:

Certain candle fragrances mimic the Beach Club lobby scent:

Bath & Body Works: Rainkissed Leaves, Beach House, Beach Cabana (essence of BC)
Yankee Candle: Exotic Rainforest, Oceanside Retreat, Cotton Blossom, A Summer's Wish (similar), Beach Walk
Aldi: Water Lily & Aloe
Magic Candle Company: Yacht Club
Columbia Fragrance Company: Walt's Wonderful World- Green Clover & Aloe
Walter and Rosie Candle Company: Beach Club
Spireside (formerly Anthology): Beach Club or Clover Fields (see below for review)
Maple and Whiskey- a company from the UK
Etsy- search on Beach Club/Disney/Mouse Scents candles or scents
WEDway Candle Company

Note: some of these fragrances have been discontinued
Also, some customers indicated that Walter and Rosie Candle Company have had some fulfillment issues and complaints in the past, but under new management the situation has improved.

candle.jpg

In the words of the candlemaker: "Fresh green notes accented with white jasmine, blond woods and musk. And the candle is spot on with the scent of the lobby."

You can also order the scents to make your own candles!
The Candlemakers Store, Rainkissed Leaves

Other Products- Hand lotions, soap, room sprays:

Thank you!

Is the regatta run still going on? We check out on a Thursday but we would really like to do it.

Please add us to BOG list, September 30 - October 4 Yacht Club

We are on the Be Our Guest List ! May 30- June 4 th YC CL
and 10/30-11/4 YC ( hoping to jump to Club level) lol :)

When is your new trip?

1) Definitely call back!

2) I'll be horrified if this is true, but if you (or anyone else) gets the same answer, please let us know.

:eek:

My trip is in May 2019. I will definitely report back. I think it is a lot more hassle if people try to switch their rooms at check in. We all know that it is just a request. So I am hoping that it was just the CM.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!