Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I saw the photos when you first shared them, but now when I go back to post I can't see the pictures anymore.

I just tried another browser, but still can't see the photos. I don't know if it is an issue just for me or if others are unable to see the pictures. Could someone go to this post and let me know?

At any rate- as I recall, the pictures were great and exactly what I was looking for!

::yes::

FYI, I can't see them either.

I have a question for all the Yacht/Beach Club pros who have stayed at both of these resorts. Do you have a preference of either the Yacht or Beach Club? If so, what makes you have that preference? Always been curious about the preferences between these two resorts since they are very similar and share the best pool on property.

Last edited:
I have a question for all the Yacht/Beach Club pros who have stayed at both of these resorts. Do you have a preference of either the Yacht or Beach Club? If so, what makes you have that preference?
Honestly for me it is price/discount. I always go with whichever resort has a better rate for my selected dates. Both have recently updated rooms and share amenities so I can always hop over to the other if need be.

I have a question for all the Yacht/Beach Club pros who have stayed at both of these resorts. Do you have a preference of either the Yacht or Beach Club? If so, what makes you have that preference? Always been curious about the preferences between these two resorts since they are very similar and share the best pool on property.

I also would go by price as both resorts are fantastic. If the same price I would always go with YC, love the new rooms and the quieter vibe of the lobby. I also prefer the restaurants on the YC side. Can’t go wrong with either though.

Add me too lol. BC std 2/15-18 with dd23.

Dh and I were at Dolphin for late Dec and for the 1st time we liked the boardwalk area. I am a mono snob but love to mix it up so not to get bored lol.

If disney site out of inventory I have found your TA's still do and even undercover tourist.

I am glad I asked because for what I could find /afford it was going to be POR for only like $70 a nite less tax incl.

I researched and it appears BC std floors 2 and 3 facing the front? That will be fine I suppose since we will probably be at the pool or Epcot anyways.

Does BC have the soap dispensers now?

Best place for coffee to grab for the room? Or should I room service it?

Thx!

Last edited:

I have stayed at BC once and YC going on my third stay Aug 2019. For reference I have stayed at every deluxe and moderate on property except for the BWI and SSR. We usually go every year but pick a different resort just to mix it up. Well once we stayed at the BC that changed everything! YCBC became our absolute favorite. It's literally the only pool I long to get in after the parks at Disney. We now though as a family have proclaimed the YC over the BC to be the perfect resort for all future trips for these reasons. #1 All ( or most except maybe 5) rooms come with full balcony #2 First stop on and off the buses. This is huge trust me! many times we arrived at the BC with a full to almost full bus #3 the entrance to SAB is much more convenient from the YC side than the BC side. And the sandy area in on the YC side. #4 Friendship boats to HS and Epcot is right outside the YC back entrance. #5 only the YC has a door separating the bathroom from the main area which we need for privacy when dressing etc. #6 YC rooms are absolutely lovely and the bathroom showers have two shower heads lol. #7 Better restaurant choices in the YC. We had our best meal of the trip at Ale and Compass. Hope this helps :sunny:

We really prefer the Beach Club. The Yacht Club is fine, but it seems more stuffy, and now with the new conference, more adult. As we always travel with our kids we prefer the relaxed friendly atmosphere of the BC. We also like that it is closer to Epcot, since we spend a fair amount of time there (and we are not HS people). And I can’t forget to mention the smell of the BC lobby! Wish they would bottle that!:cool2:

I have stayed at BC once and YC going on my third stay Aug 2019. For reference I have stayed at every deluxe and moderate on property except for the BWI and SSR. We usually go every year but pick a different resort just to mix it up. Well once we stayed at the BC that changed everything! YCBC became our absolute favorite. It's literally the only pool I long to get in after the parks at Disney. We now though as a family have proclaimed the YC over the BC to be the perfect resort for all future trips for these reasons. #1 All ( or most except maybe 5) rooms come with full balcony #2 First stop on and off the buses. This is huge trust me! many times we arrived at the BC with a full to almost full bus #3 the entrance to SAB is much more convenient from the YC side than the BC side. And the sandy area in on the YC side. #4 Friendship boats to HS and Epcot is right outside the YC back entrance. #5 only the YC has a door separating the bathroom from the main area which we need for privacy when dressing etc. #6 YC rooms are absolutely lovely and the bathroom showers have two shower heads lol. #7 Better restaurant choices in the YC. We had our best meal of the trip at Ale and Compass. Hope this helps :sunny:

Staying at the YC/BC has pretty much ruined us for staying anywhere else haha. Our first trip ever to Disney World was for our honeymoon and we stayed at the Yacht Club. It was absolutely amazing. For us absolutely nothing beat the location. Being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is for us the most amazing perk you can have staying in this area. On our second trip we tried Art of Animation. While the resort itself was perfectly fine we found ourselves miserable at the end of the night having to always wait on huge lines for buses. For our next trip we are staying at the Beach Club Villas and can't wait to return to the Epcot area. I don't see how we could ever stay somewhere else now.

Staying at the YC/BC has pretty much ruined us for staying anywhere else haha. Our first trip ever to Disney World was for our honeymoon and we stayed at the Yacht Club. It was absolutely amazing. For us absolutely nothing beat the location. Being able to walk to Epcot and Hollywood Studios is for us the most amazing perk you can have staying in this area. On our second trip we tried Art of Animation. While the resort itself was perfectly fine we found ourselves miserable at the end of the night having to always wait on huge lines for buses. For our next trip we are staying at the Beach Club Villas and can't wait to return to the Epcot area. I don't see how we could ever stay somewhere else now.

I know exactly what you mean. After we stayed at The Boardwalk a few years ago, we were hooked. So happy to be going back to an EPCOT resort.

We stayed at Yacht Club this past Thanksgiving 2018 and absolutely loved it. Out of 8 Disney’s stays this was our first deluxe and now we too are spoiled and hooked. I was just able to snag a 40% off CL Yacht at the end of May . My husband fears we will not only get hooked on Yacht and the Epcot area but Club level too! The updated rooms are fantastic!

I researched and it appears BC std floors 2 and 3 facing the front? That will be fine I suppose since we will probably be at the pool or Epcot anyways.

The majority of the standard view rooms are on the 3rd and 4th floors above the main restaurant and business section of the resort. You will either face Storm Along Bay or the parking lot sides of the resort. There are a few rooms on the 2nd floor that face the driveway area and a handful of standard view rooms in other areas, too. :)

The majority of the standard view rooms are on the 3rd and 4th floors above the main restaurant and business section of the resort. You will either face Storm Along Bay or the parking lot sides of the resort. There are a few rooms on the 2nd floor that face the driveway area and a handful of standard view rooms in other areas, too. :)
Thanks Sue.

I used touringplans but they only showed floors 2/3.

I do love a balcony and a view but a room at bc std still seems better than POR. We are going to try to do the illuminations Dining package to see it before it's gone. So this time being at BW area will be a +!

Besides DD has always wanted to go to breakfast at Trattoria al Forno and mean Mom kept sending pictures of it when I was with dh last week. So some things getting checked on our bucket list.

are The coke freestyle machines at beach club rfid? If I buy a refillable mug can I use it there or only at traditional soda machines

Page 1372

I just switched my reservation from Coronado Springs to Yacht Club club level for December 2019. Super excited, it’s my first stay in the Epcot area. Figured the splurge was worth the money, especially if the club level fast pass program is still ongoing and Star Wars land is open.

:welcome:

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

It's been 4 looooong years... but we're going back! Yacht Club free dining 7/25-7/30! Can't wait! I'm so out of the loop! Lots of research to be done!

:wave2:, my friend!

I am so happy to hear you are coming back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Changing my plans from May to August 24 - 31. Decided not to have kiddo miss any extra school this year. :( But we'll enjoy being back in August! Yacht Club as we did two years ago :)

Noted- I'll make the change.

::yes::

Heading back to YC February 23 - 27! It will be DH and me this time. He is not a big WDW fan, but knows I love it. Work is going to be horrible until February 22, so he suggested we go to WDW the next day. He didn’t have to suggest it twice! I have a water view room with an AP rate. No CL availability. Air is booked, too. Now i just need to book dining. Last year we went in March and it was cool. When DD and I were there last month, it was chilly. Hoping for warmer weather next month.

:welcome: back!

I'll add your trip to the list.

:goodvibes

Heading back to the World Sept 26 - 30 for girls’ trip. This will be my first time in YC and first adults only trip! (Most recent trip was BCV last August with husband and kids.)

:welcome: back!

Yay for a girls' trip!!!

I'll add you to the list. '

:cheer2:

When I heard about free dinning I made reservations at the Beach Club for August 13th thru the 20th. There's 5 of us, myself, wife and 3 kids but now I'm seriously starting to think about changing them for beginning of summer, like mid June. We'd loose the free dinning but gain 30% off room rate. Tough decision but thinking if we mainly did counter service with maybe just a breakfast and dinner at Cape May we might come out ahead. Also wonder if the weather in June might be just a tad nicer, (or at least not as rainy?). Naw, who am I kidding, summer in Florida is summer in Florida :)
Looking for some feedback. Normally we're pretty content with just counter service, and have had free dinning before and jeez, even the tips can get expensive :) Though it is fun to splurge on occasion and free dinning certainly pushes one to look for the expensive restaurants ... on the other hand, just having cs can leave more flexibility and with BC or Yacht Club being so close to Epcot or HS ....

June is my favorite month to visit Disney and you are right, summer is summer, doesn’t matter if it’s June, July, August. Personally, I’d switch to June and eat mostly counter service. On our trip last summer, we decided we are forgoing sit-down meals for counter service meals on our next trip. Money is a big reason, but it’s also the time involved. Honestly, my pre-teens would much rather spend their time riding rides then sitting down for a meal. I feel like Disney has a lot of great counter service options, too (read - more than burgers, chicken fingers, and pizza).

Good luck with your decision. Either way, you’re going to Disney!

This is a great reply!!! ^^^

Sounds like you have a couple of interesting options to choose between:

I have been on a couple of trips of June and 3 in August. Hit or miss on the rain at both of those times, so I wouldn't base a decision on weather.

Our most recent trips have been booked room only instead of the meal plan- we found it more cost effective. With the meal plan, you are spending extra time dining, and sometimes getting more than you actually want to eat since it is "included". Meal portions are huge at Disney and sometimes my family prefers to share an entrée or desserts. But if it is included, then everyone gets one! In the summer, when it is hot, we don't necessarily want large meals. We also love the convenience of the many interesting counter service dining options in the World showcase.

Let us know which you decide to do.

:thumbsup2

We are booked in a BC deluxe room. Did these room used to be club level and now they are not? I am getting confused when I see old posts saying the deluxe was club level.

Thanks!

Thanks! That's what I figured. Just trying to figure out where the room might be located :)

Very excited to stay at BC for the first time!

When is your trip?

You are correct- up until recently, the Deluxe Rooms were considered club level and guests had access to the concierge lounge and amenities. I am not sure how the booking of these rooms work now- I believe some are CL and some are not, but I don't know which are which or if you can ask to book CL services for these rooms.

At any rate, these are the Deluxe Rooms at the Beach Club. There is a map on Page 1, Post 8 where you can see where these rooms are.

Detailed balcony information on Deluxe Rooms from guests who have stayed there and reported back:

There are six deluxe Concierge rooms at BC.

1557 has a patio and lots of windows.
2557 and 4557 have extra large balconies.
3557 has the standing room only balcony.

3691 has both a standing room balcony and a full balcony
4681 has a standing room only balcony.

So 3 of the 6 have full balconies, 1 has a patio, and 2 have standing room only balconies.

Hope this helps. :cool2:

Just booked a night at Yacht Club on Feb 10th, through priceline express (huzzah good deals!). It turned out to be a "Garden or Woods View"; if I'm looking to get room as close to Epcot as possible, what would people recommend?

Also, it's my first time at Yacht Club--I'm excited!! :)

:welcome: to the thread!

The previous suggestion to ask for "Close to lobby" to get you closest to EPCOT is a good one.

:cool1:

Hi! Can u update the BOG list to Jan 9-15 @ BC? I dropped the CL room at YC awhile back and didn’t update! My room is booked as two separate stays so fingers crossed I get to stay in the same room!

Will do!

Booked one night at BC for our trip later this month. So excited to see a new deluxe! Our friends who convinced us to initially go to Disney (they’ve been going for decades and have a relative higher up in management) only stay at BC so I’m excited to see what the hype is all about.

That being said, the Ale & Compass menu looks pretty good... is it a good bet for a casual dinner?

I hope you love the Beach Club as much as your friends (and most of us here) do!

Yes, Ale & Compass is a great place for a casual dinner.

:goodvibes

@natebenma Please add us to the BOG list. After a years hiatus (sadly) we will be back in a 2 BR BCV Villa December 7th - December 14 2019. So very excited to be coming home again!!

That's excellent news!

I'll add you to the list.

To Yacht or not.

The BC is our home but thinking of trying the YC this time (Aug). I need convincing that I'm doing the right thing!

The full balcony and 1st on/off the bus is appealing , but the YC market place and dogs is not.

Also , is there a smell in the lobby like the BC. Is it very 'confrencie'.

I don't know what to do heeeeellllllp. We also like to have the day bed , is this more of a guarantee at the YC?

TIA xx

Are you booked?

The balcony and YC bus pickup/dropoff order are very big draws for the resort.

I can't really comment on the marketplace or dog situation since I haven't stayed since those changes have taken place.

The Yacht Club does use the same scent machine as the Beach Club- differing opinions about the strength of the smell at the Yacht Club.

Confrencie! :rotfl2: I stayed at the YC during one of the biggest conferences of the year and there wasn't much of an impact from the convention guests. If anything, the public spaces were less crowded during the day.

Good luck with your decision. To be honest, I would happily stay at either resort and price or room type would probably sway my decision.

Hope that helps.

:cool2:

I've looked at maps trying to find room sections (so I can request a specific section), but I'm not finding it. Can someone tell me....

At the Beach Club, where is the best room/section to stay so we're close to Epcot, and can possibly see the fireworks from our room (if that's even possible?)

Thank you!!

We're booked for the BC 8/23-8/31 with the free dining promo. It'll be our first stay at the BC. We stayed at the BWV in Nov 2017 and we LOVED the Epcot resort area. Walking to Epcot was amazing. We're planning on spending more time at the pool this trip than we normally do. The kids are going to love it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter