Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I didn't take many photos of the room, and not the best quality but I do have a few. I was a king bed with sleeper sofa.
Here is a pic of the view - I believe if you went out on the porch you could probably see the fireworks. I only surmise that because one night I watched them from the boat dock and sort of tried to visually line up from the room if that makes sense :)
jH_bwb3eZPIhoi_ZhBsh7UlQf9_Exdnc2K8L-YZjRBTaXmZAtEdIBKWVK1bXyM1H0VBHjQ1IKMCXKbprA0GE5CuwENsejoNdAS5PuLUGUV0ffC-r3qHnINcxk5ckCG__40g407gh69PrpeZxuJbXtvrbA63eDN6t-u6rnraVwZHUaQBVGV7qjusFen1oaESxcL3poBJJr9BipUpMEu-MEc_4T4yFW1NRfSHGgraPmXfBkYZ29GEXSh7a5dywWPyfs09-vv0TbZKoSQQsCFt904t2ibmpT2OQPyMEJCnYXQ7fOmDc-OywLyktpN6BXY-jVHtigPyJbLckA2FV3vGzaDZPdpMZH0UxgiwnFoakriEJkYmjiTIBRneLdGldm0ehJ_6eNjqVJQUPZ5WEDy6R1H0mKywAQLzDtN5XnySPLGB6Jyi7tTYU1pMTOAe-Uj12ZVet_3upOQjBa_Ak5BFj7zaLkdTTVLs7IoohEr1Qn45LzGSJi5fWmi7HowwBcxbVMANhWL9tOiPnB7DcGiw5QQ-LcJj_h1phW53JKnSzP311QR0FUX-NaIoXJX3EN5KY3ijGagnPda_qnK-2aRMBYZaShRbsGvU1875tm-XxTjhvZgOHB3hXm8xG-YeK4PsgbbUnYurCj781AE2qSx7wbBa8=w1219-h914-no

yBTzb1YPjfSi31tpmaeLkVxAt59KEOmT8FAqc403PDsQ8XDpsFjAosorl7iVRM6Qg_pYW_FUhiDvzOWgqKSOKCwN2XgFaWDl1tsk3XgBQi5SY8fWzvJFc-V-PMDGgfpUCnYcnBp0L7N9EPjQs0LbMg_hqFsVMMla-YuxoWXCKNYs12m0pNKkDLL_q15XTDOWBvYzUZPQAlElznRQcshur0_FCVWt8qzvJ3sGsCuzDATTqC_bkh911j20r7dLHCEIY-7c88tXLx_LDLE26RYiYlgTQpHbzK5Ra_vbBhD6GUx2UAKdpzmJdDdu-uAvJuM_5SWgRQWYolcS0Mcgv01KwcKbihdN3yfy9_qn1hasSYLwJXK_77GdmiOxqw0pMz2lq4JiO_42zBZjNxXenMWl-EtHDb31crM5a_el7lreOeS6YK5eeZCQyBqxScgH-rMr79z8RuvaQT_5QJoIW4s_0T1gdLi-_iTbBRGDMOgrKzNXL8Y2ahJ_gB04fOBdvGiXNcoFu970kwY14moGqhSl8CeDUdeasS2e5n5lbsmgwGr83kdg5ellhbr7Z3LyGZn08252UxJQS3kTgqF886qPesZR1CWAkK_kg2IJ7oDa8fR2gJu95wG8oIn1NKZgn8UNvm_yU_P_m59BdnUiLfDZD8_0=w1219-h914-no

3DMDKu1__CLK9E0m8xVDVFULTPeQVQXBCwCoAYLRwZs8llxiAeJLD0MDfwKU3y4pHSJhblGkKCogzPdYo-rPXh48RQ_8_SBPncarNFdMv8F6L1DIejxfqu00bCI24QlU3WWSyAVe5V14opK0sNZ3J4VUM7lPyiCVmWTqDnQh0nGOOziFMiS5GoVmLst3T6rk23WSK7dx5O8X0js81eH1zL_HBLXCA5i1_SkMvztekemW67LQCW5q1V5QMFwpm5G-czrUXJ2RmRjmSktw62rHK3g6OrvmtAAqtDWYtwfR62lTEkCqoHFz-3-k0GOsY7YgwOCguwFaT5X6Pv9kK5qzbg7j3Ulp5aDFrPR5OPXq7Ur_hrEeCOG68cReuj3jaUPIhSVSaIDQtPHzTx4P7pW3mEm5uR6iWZOohn1yZScEz3I9TvPYX9Jp-bXeQLzwt5kBAR2u5Rg5y2Njq3QQ7TgJgmoqu7sbhyymOdtMXCzTb4_-RUMl1dZPrPgycRFQ0LK3oAf3pL0HR36wlo1sKr0jnGEzJlRC9rU7Qm3ufZ7NedZcr_LwOn2YaKLbPhkxP2-SgWO1HnANW_qmqZSNFLbPzfRX0hXd6GB2aEaiYp2scMdRwscrRgeFvkqwo6xicpSY0bavwDE5oMyoJKBJXniyYUVI=w1219-h914-no

The pictures are perfect!

Thanks!

:thumbsup2

So, I am trying to finally catch up on the thread. I saw the pictures when you first posted them, but now as I am going to copy them to add to the Room/View thread, I don't see them. Is it me??? I did change browsers.

Would you mind reposting or possibly emailing the photos to me beachclubdee at yahoo.

Thanks!

Dee

:goodvibes

Page 1369

So sorry I have taken so long to give you all a welcome greeting!

We are booked to stay in BC from Jul 13-17, split stay with Poly after. We booked a standard view room right now. Hoping a better discount would be out later but we’re excited! First time staying at BC!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

There is also discount on stays! I think I’m going to switch to YC!

Noted!

Us too, we’re doing the same split in August, 4 days BC and the 4 at Poly. We’ve been to Poly the last few years, but wanted to try BC to make it easy when going to Epcot and we have to check out Stormalong Bay. Poly is like home to us but we wanted to mix it up this year! Have fun planning!

I'll add you to the list.

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:woohoo:

OMG. STORY OF MY LIFE. SO over it! YOu are not alone in this! I am so sick and tired of hearing it as well and have also stopped posting on FB. I too get super excited to see anyone go to Disney (or for anywhere else for that matter). I wish people felt the same for us. Just had to let you know that we are in the same boat as you! Us Dis freaks must stick together!

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

Glad we can all celebrate our love for Disney and upcoming trips here, safe from ridicule!

::yes::

Last edited:
Page 1370

I was just able to switch from the Swan to YC for DS 16th Birthday Trip in June with the 40% off AP rate. I am beyond excited to be staying at our favorite resort again!!! So much to catch up on again! (Yes, I promise to read the first few pages first :rotfl2:)

:welcome: back!!!

So glad you are returning to the YC- I have found the Yacht & Beach Club are awesome resorts for teen trips.

I'll add you to the list.

Can any of you expirenced StormAlong Bay goers help me out? We Are considering BC for part of a split stay, but I’m a little worried about the pool. To be clear, it looks AMAZING, I’m just worried about safety. Is it so big I’ll loose sight of my kids in the water? They are 7, 10, and 12, they can all swim, but I get a little nervous around water. I! :)

When is your trip?

As others have indicated, the pool is divided into 3 (4 if you count the slide) separate areas. If you are planning on being in the water with them, and everyone stays in the same section, you shouldn't have a problem keeping track of everyone. However when you are in the lazy river section, you may need to work a little harder to keep from getting separated from one another. If you are watching from the sidelines, try to find a seat that looks over the swimming area where they are, or just stand at the edge. If they are hanging out at the volleyball net or the activities pool, no problem.

And there are lots of lifeguards spread out all around to help ensure the safety of everyone in the pools.

:fish:

We just returned from a stay that ran 12/20-12/27. We were able to get discounted AP rates from 12/20-12/24, so for 5 of 8 nights. For our 12/20-12/23 stay in a deluxe CL room at WL, the discount was substantial (saved us $1,087 over three nights), but for the BC 1BR suite we stayed in 12/23-12/27, it was only around 10% ($100/night for two nights). I think the lower discount has to do with the fact that we stayed in a suite though, because we got the same % off when we rebooked for the same dates next year in the same BC 1BR suite...the fine print of the Bounceback offer we used states that suites "may be offered at a lesser discount" or something like that.

I'm not sure whether there are any official Disney-offered discounts for the dates between Christmas and New Year's Day, other than free dining if your trip starts by the last day that free dining is offered. I think I've read that you can get them through travel agencies, but when I checked about our dates, none of them had any discounts for the dates or room categories we wanted to book.

HTH! :)

Thanks for the info.

If I am reading your post correctly, it looks like I should add you back to the Be Our Guest list for December.

:dogdance:

We’ll be trying YC for the first time as part of a split stay. I just booked a standard room to save a few bucks. Any suggestions for room requests in this category?

When is your stay?

For a standard view room, you will either be facing the front entrance parking lot or you will be overlooking rooftops.

In my opinion, you should request features of the room that are important to you:

Not all rooms have a daybed, so if you need extra sleeping space, you should put in a request for that.

Do you prefer an upper or lower floor?

Do you want to be close to an elevator or the lobby/transportation/pool?

Staying at an EPCOT resort has been on my bucket list for a while! So has a trip with just my husband and me! Unfortunately he's not a huge Disney fan! Since the birth of our grandson that's changed a bit because experiencing Disney through the eyes of the most precious toddler on earth changes things a bit! We're taking him on our annual Nanny, Grumps and NoNo trip this month and staying at the Poly. Then yesterday FD happened and I was finally able to book a room at YC. No time for me to research the resorts.

I had BWI in my cart when the system kept crashing, when I looked again it wasn't available. I snagged a room without a view at Yacht Club and finished the transaction! I hope it was a good choice! Now I've just got to find the perfect time to tell him!

Congrats on your booking and :welcome:

Let us know if we can help you with your trip- when are you visiting?

Yea, I used Hotel Canary. When I got YC, it only listed the Epcot resorts as possibilities. When it listed all of them like that, I got WL, but I'm no expert and no idea how to differentiate. I'd only book it if you're willing to stay at AKL.
Hotel Canary hasn’t been working for me. Was it working for you recently?

Hotel Canary hasn’t been working for me. Was it working for you recently?
I haven't used it since I booked, which was about a month ago, so can't help unfortunately. But there's a thread called "Priceline Express Deals" and I think people on there have been having it work for them.

I haven't used it since I booked, which was about a month ago, so can't help unfortunately. But there's a thread called "Priceline Express Deals" and I think people on there have been having it work for them.
Thanks for the tip I’ll search for that thread :)

Page 1370

When is your stay?

For a standard view room, you will either be facing the front entrance parking lot or you will be overlooking rooftops.

In my opinion, you should request features of the room that are important to you:

Not all rooms have a daybed, so if you need extra sleeping space, you should put in a request for that.

Do you prefer an upper or lower floor?

Do you want to be close to an elevator or the lobby/transportation/pool?

Thanks for your reply. A few days after my post I ended up switching over to BC and adding a day. Standard room as well. I was going to just do 2 of the offered requests that they give you online [full balcony, highest floor]. However, I didn't realize not getting a couch would be an issue. I may have to call and request that because we need the extra bed. After looking up rooms on TP, I'm surprised highest floor is even an option. We aren't staying CL. We are going 1st week of Aug.

Page 1371

I didn't know that AP rates for early summer were already released! Excited to save 30% off my reservation for early June -- $1500 for 5 club level nights; I'm super excited!

That's fantastic!

:woohoo:

Can anyone tell me if Stormalong Bay has pool waiters like at the GF? Are they at all deluxe resorts, we had the best waiter at the beach pool and it was so relaxing to not have walk over to the bar for drinks, lunch, or snacks.

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

As others have indicated, yes, there are waiters at Stormalong bay.

We cannot wait for our first BCV stay next weekend (family is running the half marathon). When we joined DVC in 2011, my dream was to stay at BC, but our room needs for two kids who can’t share a bed have always resulted in stays in other resorts. We’re bringing DD’s friend along with us, so we decided to go for a two-bedroom!

We’ve used Garden Grocer in the past, but we’ll only be there 3 nights this trip, and we don’t need much. I assume we can buy milk at the BC Marketplace. Do they sell large containers of water? Not too crazy about the tap water at Disney. Will likely bring bagels and pb and a box of cereal in our luggage. How’s the breakfast at BC Marketplace? We do have breakfast at Cape May on our last day.

We’ll have some downtime after the half-marathon. Anything we shouldn’t miss at BC? Hoping the weather will cooperate for some pool time!

Enjoy your trip!

Yes, you can pick up half gallons of milk and gallons of water at the Marketplace, along with some other staples. I haven't checked the menu of prepared food at the Marketplace lately, but I believe they still have Mickey waffles with bacon, breakfast sandwiches, fruit and lots of pastries.

Check out the activities schedule posted on Page 1, Post 4 to see if there are any activities that interest you at the resort. A campfire, with an opportunity to make 'smores is offered a few nights of the week.

:cool2:

Hi Everyone!

We have booked to visit BC for 10 nights in August, we have never stayed here before, we normally stay at CBR, so very excited!

I have had a search but cant find answers to two of my questions, could any one help?

We will be travelling with a 2 year old, I am hoping for a full balcony so we can put her to bed and make use of it, has anyone had experience in requesting balconies before, how did you do it? I have heard that you need to fax Disney before your stay. Is this correct?

Also, I have seen on a Vlog that somebody had a room with a curtain that you could pull across to seperate the bed from the rest of the room, do they still have these? If so, are they in particular rooms?

Thanks for your help!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Others have answered your questions- call Disney's Central Reservations Office to add a request for a full balcony to your reservation.

And no, the separation curtain is not a feature of a typical Beach Club room.

Do YC CL standard view rooms sleep 5?

Some have daybeds and would be able to sleep 5 people, however I have heard some rumblings that the resort would only be booking club level rooms for groups of 4 or fewer guests in standard view rooms as well as the garden/woods and water view rooms, which have been restricting occupancy for several years.

Has anyone been able to book a club level stay for 5 people in 2019 in any view category?

:scratchin

Are the rooms at YC really spacious enough for a family of five to be comfortable? We are a blended family of two adults and three kids (12, 14 and 6). I love the idea of being so close to Epcot/HS and think we would all enjoy Stormalong Bay. Our other consideration is a family suite at AoA.

:welcome: to this forum.

I have only stayed at the resort with 4 people (either 2 adults, 2 teens or 4 adult women) and we were comfortable, but I don't have any personal experience with more than that in a room, so I will leave it to others to offer their thoughts.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. A few days after my post I ended up switching over to BC and adding a day. Standard room as well. I was going to just do 2 of the offered requests that they give you online [full balcony, highest floor]. However, I didn't realize not getting a couch would be an issue. I may have to call and request that because we need the extra bed. After looking up rooms on TP, I'm surprised highest floor is even an option. We aren't staying CL. We are going 1st week of Aug.

Yes, you should definitely call to add a request for a daybed to your reservation.

You can't always trust the options for requests offered online. Sometimes they don't make sense with the actual resort layout. The 5th floor is all club level, but some areas of the resort are not topped with a 5th floor, so a room on the 4th floor would be the highest floor. I think those rooms tend to be in the wing of the resort closest to EPCOT.

We just booked yacht club CL standard view for January 28-31!! We have never been to yc or done CL so we are super excited! Anything I should know about CL or any room requests I should make?

Can someone please explain the daybed request to me? That's the most important request for us. Is it better to check in at 60 days even though the daybed is not an option? Is there a way to check in online that would increase day bed chances like asking for a certain floor?

Can someone please explain the daybed request to me? That's the most important request for us. Is it better to check in at 60 days even though the daybed is not an option? Is there a way to check in online that would increase day bed chances like asking for a certain floor?
I think the best thing to do is call and ask to add that request to your reservation.

When is your trip? Which resort- BC or YC?

I don't know if it helps or not, but when calling, perhaps mention the reason having a daybed in the room is important to you. For example:

"Daybed, please. 4 adults in room"

"Daybed, please. Teen children of opposite gender"

I agree with the others- calling in your request is the best way to have this noted. You can still check-in online at 60 days, but don't indicate any request preferences when you do so.

When you check-in (or if you go directly to your room) and you find that it does not have a daybed, go to the front desk and ask if there is another room available with a daybed that you can switch to.

If not, you can see if a rollaway cot can be provided or you can let them know if you are willing to change rooms as soon as one with a daybed becomes available.

Last edited:

I saw the photos when you first shared them, but now when I go back to post I can't see the pictures anymore.

I just tried another browser, but still can't see the photos. I don't know if it is an issue just for me or if others are unable to see the pictures. Could someone go to this post and let me know?

At any rate- as I recall, the pictures were great and exactly what I was looking for!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!