Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Wow! Did multiple rooms share it? Sorry you caught the flu. Hope you feel better!
yes, I think it was four rooms sharing it, but I never saw even lights on in those other rooms and the time that I spent outside which was a few and far between because we had on seasonably cold weather several of those nights, I never saw another single person out there.

It was very quiet. Even with the bus traffic and traffic down below, it was very relaxing to sit out on all by myself and drink a glass of wine before bed

Wow!

Are there other resorts that offer balconies like this? I'm sure many people would love this, but I'd personally try to avoid it. I always ask for an upper-floor room as first floor rooms make me feel like I need to keep the blinds shut at all times. I'd feel the same way with one of these rooms.

Edited to add: My husband would probably LOVE this balcony though.

Last edited:
Wow!

Are there other resorts that offer balconies like this? I'm sure many people would love this, but I'd personally try to avoid it. I always ask for an upper-floor room as first floor rooms make me feel like I need to keep the blinds shut at all times. I'd feel the same way with one of these rooms.

Edited to add: My husband would probably LOVE this balcony though.

I have stayed CL at the YC SV twice and always made my first request to have a private balcony. I would not want to have even the possibility of up to 3 other families being out there when I am, nor do I want to have to worry about someone being right outside the balcony door or my children wandering directly outside one of the other balcony doors. Maybe we're antisocial, but we don't want to have to make awkward small talk on our balcony in a deluxe resort at WDW lol. I know it's a possibility on a ground floor room, but to me that's different because you still have your own patio and usually some type of landscaping or barrier between your door and the walkways. Since it's a standard view it's less of an issue, since I would spend less time on the balcony, but it still sounded terrible to me. We didn't get one of these rooms either time, so I didn't have to find out if it would be as bad as I thought it would be or if it would have turned out to be either fine or great

Quick question for those familiar with driving while staying at the Yacht club. When you do a google image of the Yacht Club there seems to be a tiny bit of parking directly in front of the Yacht club and then another lot across the street. Is the lot across the street where most self parking happens?

Also can you park in the parking area in front of the Beach Club if you are staying at the Yacht Club?

Maybe the Beach Club is more convenient for drivers?

yes, I think it was four rooms sharing it, but I never saw even lights on in those other rooms and the time that I spent outside which was a few and far between because we had on seasonably cold weather several of those nights, I never saw another single person out there.

It was very quiet. Even with the bus traffic and traffic down below, it was very relaxing to sit out on all by myself and drink a glass of wine before bed

We were just down the hall from you!!!
This oversized balcony is very cool especially like in your situation you mainly had it to yourself, I think it’s 5176, 78, and 80 that share it!!!

I had you down for an anniversary trip in October. Did you change dates or is this another trip?

We had to cancel the anniversary trip. I’ve been battling cancer all year and didn’t get done with treatments in time. We’re trying again here in December, this time as a whole family and as a reward for a long year for everyone. Only thing is, while I’m done with treatments and on the path to recovery, I’m still really weak. We’re planning on renting a wheelchair in the parks, hopefully that doesn’t ruin things, with them having to push me around. We have YC CL and are doing the CL FPs, and lots of good ADRs as I’ve been planning this one for a long time. Here’s to hoping it works out.

Quick question for those familiar with driving while staying at the Yacht club. When you do a google image of the Yacht Club there seems to be a tiny bit of parking directly in front of the Yacht club and then another lot across the street. Is the lot across the street where most self parking happens?

Also can you park in the parking area in front of the Beach Club if you are staying at the Yacht Club?

Maybe the Beach Club is more convenient for drivers?

I was wondering the same thing when we parked for our Ale & Compass ADR. We got a spot right by the convention center, but there didn't seem to be a ton of guest parking around compared to Beach Club. I suppose there's only so many rooms? (Looks like 630, vs. 576+282DVC for Beach Club)

I was wondering the same thing when we parked for our Ale & Compass ADR. We got a spot right by the convention center, but there didn't seem to be a ton of guest parking around compared to Beach Club. I suppose there's only so many rooms? (Looks like 630, vs. 576+282DVC for Beach Club)
Some parking was removed from the YC, when the Convention Center addition was recently built.

Last edited:
We had to cancel the anniversary trip. I’ve been battling cancer all year and didn’t get done with treatments in time. We’re trying again here in December, this time as a whole family and as a reward for a long year for everyone. Only thing is, while I’m done with treatments and on the path to recovery, I’m still really weak. We’re planning on renting a wheelchair in the parks, hopefully that doesn’t ruin things, with them having to push me around. We have YC CL and are doing the CL FPs, and lots of good ADRs as I’ve been planning this one for a long time. Here’s to hoping it works out.

Sorry to hear about the struggles you and your family have had this year.

healing magic.jpg

Wishing you all a wonderful trip!

:goodvibes

I hope you and your family have such a great time this month!! Enjoy each and every moment and may your recovery be quick and lasting.

I had to join boards to reply to you. Your post resonated so much with me. In 2012, we stayed Grand Floridian for my 40th birthday and ending chemo and radiation. (We actually cancelled a YC Platinum Plan stay to GF main building club in order to be more relaxing and easier on my body.) I was still wearing a scarf on my bald head and cried when Cinderella gave me my signed birthday card. I truly questioned if I would have my 41st birthday. We went back December 2012 after I finished herceptin. That time we took my parents for free dining since they helped so much during our rough 15 month stretch. It was glorious to celebrate and watch my parents watch my 7 year old. Both trips that year were good for my psyche and fairly relaxing as far as Disney trips go. I obsessed with the planning just like you have, and it was all worth it. I got a “Celebrate” button for both visits, and the CMs who asked the occasion were so lovely when I responded with ending cancer treatment.

5 years later and we are back for our 2nd YC Disney Holiday in 13 months. I truly wish for many more Disney trips for you and your family.

Best wishes to you for your recovery. I hope it goes as well as it can for you!

Just a thought - have you considered simply renting an ECV for your stay? There are vendors off-site that'll deliver and pick up to the resort that are reasonably priced and are good to deal with. If you already considered that, please disregard. I just wanted to mention it in case it hadn't crossed your mind :) if you're worried about people having to push you around, that would alleviate that concern entirely. (and don't have to deal with the rental every time you enter a park)

Regardless, good luck, and have a great time!

I'm a little late providing feedback from our Thanksgiving trip!

Our first family stay at BCV was so wonderful! We ended up with a perfect room for our group, Room 127. I did not originally want a floor-level room but it was ready when we got there so we figured "why not?!". So glad we stayed with that choice. With 3 small kids, being that close to the busses and the main building was exactly what we needed! The outdoor area was right across from the smoking area, but it wasn't used that often.

We had a family of 5 in the deluxe studio and had no problems at all! Thank you for all of the tips from this board. The access to World Showcase was PRICELESS!

--EDIT to say that my kids were obsessed with the pool table in the BCV building! They wanted to be there more than the parks!

Last edited:
I hope you and your family have such a great time this month!! Enjoy each and every moment and may your recovery be quick and lasting.

I had to join boards to reply to you. Your post resonated so much with me. In 2012, we stayed Grand Floridian for my 40th birthday and ending chemo and radiation. (We actually cancelled a YC Platinum Plan stay to GF main building club in order to be more relaxing and easier on my body.) I was still wearing a scarf on my bald head and cried when Cinderella gave me my signed birthday card. I truly questioned if I would have my 41st birthday. We went back December 2012 after I finished herceptin. That time we took my parents for free dining since they helped so much during our rough 15 month stretch. It was glorious to celebrate and watch my parents watch my 7 year old. Both trips that year were good for my psyche and fairly relaxing as far as Disney trips go. I obsessed with the planning just like you have, and it was all worth it. I got a “Celebrate” button for both visits, and the CMs who asked the occasion were so lovely when I responded with ending cancer treatment.

5 years later and we are back for our 2nd YC Disney Holiday in 13 months. I truly wish for many more Disney trips for you and your family.

Thank you so much for this response! I hope my trip works out as well as yours did for you, and congratulations on your recovery!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts