Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We're staying at the Beach Club and would like to try to catch the last service of the Club Level (desserts and cordials) before it the lounge closes, right after Illuminations.

In your opinion, what would be the most efficient and fast route to get to and from Epcot?

Thanks in advance!

Probably a coincidence, but for the past few days I've had a terrible problem with pop-up spam when using my phone to look at this website. It's especially bad if I click on Watched Threads. I don't have this problem with any other websites, but it happens periodically with this one. Very annoying.
I’ve had problems with that lately too. It will send me to random fake sites where it wants me to spin a wheel to win something

We're staying at the Beach Club and would like to try to catch the last service of the Club Level (desserts and cordials) before it the lounge closes, right after Illuminations.

In your opinion, what would be the most efficient and fast route to get to and from Epcot?

Thanks in advance!

Walking. Exit through International Gateway and you're 5 minutes away from the BC lobby. To maximize your time and expedite your departure, I would grab a spot in UK or the bridge between UK and France to view illuminations.

The online room request has never had many options & none were really pertinent to club level. You can call the CRO number or contact Signature Services to have your requests added. And yes, there are standard rooms that are close to the lounge, so that is a valid request. Some of the rooms are a bit far from the lounge, so if being close is important, go ahead & request it. I would just caution that you may have more foot traffic outside your room, including noise from the set up room as the CMs come & go. Just a little heads up, in case that would bother you. Have a great trip!

Thanks for your input, I don’t mind the noise so I’ll reach out to make the request. Much appreciated!

You might want to check EPCOT's closing time for the night you plan to visit for Illuminations. Illuminations starts at park closing, and park hours vary, depending on time of year, holidays, crowd levels, etc. That could mean a show concluding after the Lounge closes for the night.

Walking. Exit through International Gateway and you're 5 minutes away from the BC lobby. To maximize your time and expedite your departure, I would grab a spot in UK or the bridge between UK and France to view illuminations.

I've had very good luck catching Illuminations at the bridge and booking it out of Epcot back to YC/BC. Best spot for a quick exit.

My mini review: We went over Thanksgiving, so it was busy but not horrible. First stay at the Beach Club, although we have been to the YC several years ago. For comparison, we love GF. Usually stay there as a first choice, WL second. I thought the BC was ok, didn’t love it, didn’t hate it. Loved the walking distance to Epcot though. Room was ok, clean. Beds were not as good as GF. We actually had to move rooms due to some issues we had with noisy neighbors and the mattresses were well worn in both rooms and not the quality we expected for a deluxe. I am a mattress critic, if I get a bad one I literally cannot walk the parks the next day, so I’m posting this in case it helps someone else make a decision on where to stay.

Never used the pool, but I can confirm that they were checking people to get in and out of the gates, as we passed through there a few times.

We do not typically take the buses and didn’t take them this time either, so I can’t give a review on them, but we did take the boat back and forth to HS and that wasn’t even that bad for a busy time of year. Even at closing time, we only had to wait for the second boat after the first one filled. They can fit a crazy amount of people, it reminded me of clown cars. We kept saying there was no way all of these people were going to fit, but they kept piling in.

Saw the new gondola construction and was not impressed. Looks to me like the peaceful walk from the BC to Epcot will be gone once they open and I don’t think I would want to stay in that area after that happens because of the increased crowds at the back gate. Takes away the value of the hotels in that area in my opinion.

We also ate dinner at Beaches and Cream. Was not overly impressed with the food, like a Friendly’s. CMs were very nice, all of them and went out of their way to be helpful.

We are leaving for our 15 day BCV stay TOMORROW!
I've been planning this trip for FOUR YEARS (!!!) and I can't believe it's finally here.
I can't wait to experience Disney through my kids' eyes for the first time - of hopefully many more visits to come.
Thank you all for all of your help in planning this epic trip!

Wishing you a most magical trip!!!

party:

You might want to check EPCOT's closing time for the night you plan to visit for Illuminations. Illuminations starts at park closing, and park hours vary, depending on time of year, holidays, crowd levels, etc. That could mean a show concluding after the Lounge closes for the night.

I checked a few weeks ago and if it doesn't change, we should be able to make it work.

I've been planning this trip for FOUR YEARS (!!!) and I can't believe it's finally here.
I can't wait to experience Disney through my kids' eyes for the first time - of hopefully many more visits to come.

The first time was the most magical and emotional for us. Have a magical vacation!

Wow that sounds amazing! Have a wonderful trip!

What is the difference between the Beach Club and Yacht club? We stayed at BC years ago and loved it, thought we would try something new. Major differences???

What is the difference between the Beach Club and Yacht club? We stayed at BC years ago and loved it, thought we would try something new. Major differences???
To get a thorough picture, I suggest you start on Page 1 of this thread. Dee does a great job of maintaining the info pages with everything you want to know about the sister resorts.

In general, however, the BC has more of a family vibe with a lively (sometimes noisy) lobby. Its rooms have carpet, and only about half of the rooms have full balconies, while the rest have Juliet (small) balconies. The BC is a bit closer to the Boardwalk and EPCOT - only about a 5 minute walk.

The YC has hard surface flooring, full balconies, and a sedate environment and quiet lobby. The boat dock for YC and BC is located in back of the YC.

Facilities, restaurants, and shops, as well as Stormalong Bay are shared between the two.

If anyone is currently a guest at either the YC or BC, can you please confirm the status of the FriendShip boats operating at all stops, except EPCOT? Also, can you please confirm that the walking path remains open to/from the IG?

Today is supposed to be the first day of boat schedule change, due to gondola construction at EP. Normal status is to supposedly return on/about Dec 9.

Thanks!

If anyone is currently a guest at either the YC or BC, can you please confirm the status of the FriendShip boats operating at all stops, except EPCOT? Also, can you please confirm that the walking path remains open to/from the IG?

Today is supposed to be the first day of boat schedule change, due to gondola construction at EP. Normal status is to supposedly return on/about Dec 9.

Thanks!
I am staying at the Yacht Club currently and can confirm that the boat to Epcot is running. They said they were planning on closing it but are now just closing the boat service an hour earlier (9:30pm) working on the skylines during the night.

I am staying at the Yacht Club currently and can confirm that the boat to Epcot is running. They said they were planning on closing it but are now just closing the boat service an hour earlier (9:30pm) working on the skylines during the night.
Thanks for the reply.

There was a post on another thread this morning, which had a link to a Disney announcement from today. The notice stated the FriendShip boats at EP currently cease service at EPCOT nightly, at 9:30, until late December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter