Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Trying to not be in a bad mood about it, but after finally getting here on magical express (it went to AoA, POP, yacht then beach) our beach club room is quite the disappointment. We are 3723. Next to last room from the end. Such a long walk from the elevator. And our view is a roof covered in construction cones. Silver lining, I see stormalong bay past the cones and we do have a full balcony. Is this just par for the course in a standard room or is it worth asking to be moved? I’ve never even considered asking for a different room, but this seems ridiculous for a deluxe hotel.

I understand your disappointment and have felt the same way. On our last stay at Beach Club, we were given a room with a full balcony on “Pebble Beach,” the flat rooftop. Additionally, the room seemed to be a long way from the elevator, and with little to no signage pointing the way, I had difficulty even finding the room down the convoluted path. I asked at the front desk if we could have a room with a better view and a more direct path from the elevator. I was told we could be moved the next day, an offer we accepted. The new room was noticeably smaller than the first, but the balcony overlooked trees and offset the loss in square footage.

If you are unhappy with your room, I would suggest asking nicely to be moved. Based upon what the cast member said to me, it’s a common complaint about BC standard view rooms and one that they are well equipped to handle.

A pleasant view and a usable balcony are important to me when we stay at a deluxe, and I’ve had much better luck getting both at Yacht and Boardwalk. If I were to book Beach Club again, I would avoid standard view and book another room category.

Good luck, and I hope you will enjoy the rest of your stay!

Trying to not be in a bad mood about it, but after finally getting here on magical express (it went to AoA, POP, yacht then beach) our beach club room is quite the disappointment. We are 3723. Next to last room from the end. Such a long walk from the elevator. And our view is a roof covered in construction cones. Silver lining, I see stormalong bay past the cones and we do have a full balcony. Is this just par for the course in a standard room or is it worth asking to be moved? I’ve never even considered asking for a different room, but this seems ridiculous for a deluxe hotel.

We ended up once in the corresponding room at the yacht club on one trip. We took advantage of the stairs that dumped us out at stormalong bay. One advantage of being at the end of the hall is that it is quiet.

Dee can you please add me to the list? I booked a bounce back at YC July 13-19! It will be a girl's only trip - me, DD9, mom, aunt and cousin (15). We almost went with BC since it was slightly cheaper (surprisingly!), but a balcony is a must this trip and I didn't want to stress about possibly not getting one. Next year is going to be an epic Disney year! Spring break at PVB, 11 night AKV/BWV split in June, then YC in July. :banana: Now I just need to get my boss to approve my vacation days :laughing: - fingers crossed!

Someone over at wdwmagic did an analysis of the additional people that would be brought to IG. Because the Gondolas are continuous load, people are dumped gradually, and not dumped in large groups like with the busses and monorail. And with the number of people at the resorts serviced by the Gondolas, and with only a % of those visiting Epcot every day, it doesn't seem like the IG will get a lot of additional crowding except maybe right after Illuninations. Probably a little heavier at rope drop and a handful of people at any given time throughout the day, but it's not going to be throngs of extra people .

I am really hoping this is the case. There is also some speculation that guests will go through security before boarding the gondola and not have to do bag check / metal detector at the IG. Len Testa (Touring Plans) also noted that they’ve installed the tap-stiles across the “exit side” as well so it’s possible to be flexible and at times like rope drop may use both sides for entry.

Long shot here because I believe there are only 6 of these rooms at Beach Club. But we have booked one of the "Deluxe Rooms" for next March. Not Club Level, but these Deluxe Rooms happen to accommodate our family of 6 (was surprised to learn that).

Anyway, i was wondering if any one had experience staying in one of the 6 Deluxe Rooms and, if so, any suggested requested rooms of those 6 in terms of location/view, etc.

Thanks

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest for March.

:cool1:

Here's the info we have on the Beach Club Deluxe Rooms.

There are six Deluxe Rooms at BC.

1557 has a patio and lots of windows.
2557 and 4557 have extra large balconies.
3557 has the standing room only balcony.

3691 has both a standing room balcony and a full balcony
4691 has a standing room only balcony.

So 3 of the 6 have full balconies, 1 has a patio, and 2 have standing room only balconies.

If you check out this link, you will find some of the views for the Deluxe Rooms.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-deluxe-rooms-suites-vp-and-presidential-rooms.2872514/

Note: A lot of these pictures were posted prior to the room renovations, but the views should be the same.

:goodvibes

Last edited:
Page 1354-1355

I just found out that we are having a work convention here in April 2019!! While I am super anxious because it is well past my normal 2 year planning period, I am just going to let it go and wing it.

Does anyone have any ideas of what the "typical" convention pricing is for the rooms (if there is such a thing) AND if they normally allow you to book extra days with the block's room rates?

Thanks!

:welcome: to this forum!!!

Have you had any luck finding pricing for your April convention trip? I'll pencil you in on the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I don't know if it's a typical rate but my brother is attending a convention at the beginning of March (and I am tagging along) and we're staying at Beach Club for $249 a night. And yes, adding a couple days to the stay at the convention rate.

:welcome: to the thread and thanks for the info!

I'll add you to the list.

party:Hi @natebenma ! Could you please add me to the Be Our Guest List? Me and 5 friends are heading to my happy place 9/21 - 9/25/2019 to celebrate the end to some serious illnesses and generally live it up without husbands or kids. :) Some of us are staying at BC and me and others at BCV. Let the countdown begin!

:welcome:

Will do!!!

:woohoo:

My husband and I attend a conference at the Yacht Club the week following Thanksgiving. We were able to extend our stay at the discounted rate. Our rate was 245.00 a night. That’s after tax. We are arriving Thanksgiving Day and staying until the following Thursday.

:welcome: back!

Hope you are enjoying your trip so far.

::yes::

Can I ask how you extended your stay at the same rate? I have a conference to go to in February and was wondering if I could do this but the rooms are not available to book yet. I wasn’t sure if we had to extend through the conference or through Disney.

:welcome: to this forum!

Will you be staying at the Yacht Club for the Feb conference?

:cool2:

We stayed in Deluxe 3691 in 2017. I will link the map from the room views thread, it should give you an idea of where the rooms are in relation to the resort. I obsessed over which room I would get, I didn't get my first pick but the room was amazing! I think the link dee posted is the one I used for my info back then, If I find anything else I will link it here.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-room-views.3057904/

Thanks!

:thumbsup2

When you update, you can add our F&W trip for October 10-18, 2019! All booked and ready to return, but first there is F&G in May (already logged on the Be Our Guest list). :love: Thanks Dee--hope your projects go smoothly!

Sure will!

BCV, right?

:yay:

Hey Dee, got any costumes my wife and I could use on our October 19, 2019 DCL 8-night Halloween on the High Seas cruise on the Fantasy? Looking for something to pack in the suitcase that doesn't take up much room. When you are flying down to Orlando, you really need to watch what you are taking. We are going to add a two or three night stay after the cruise but right now the YC is just too darn expensive for us. May end up at POR-Riverside.
Katesdad

If you are serious, I think I can set you up with something for the cruise. We have some simple tabards that will just drape over your clothes and light hats. Let me see what I can come up with for you and the Mrs!

:jester:

What are the best garden view rooms? We are staying in Feb with a mailer pin code, and the only room class available was garden view. We've stayed water view in the past and prefer views of Crescent lake to any pool views. Going to keep checking to see if water view comes available, but what are the best garden view rooms?

We are in a garden room in feb too so very interested to hear the replies!

Most of the garden view rooms face towards Epcot and have a view of the trees. But there are some very nice garden view rooms that overlook the volleyball court. Some of them have a sideways view of Crescent Lake. :)

Page 1356

Dee would you be so kind and add me to the Be Our Guest list for June 30th thru July 13th , 2019 the Beach Club . It snowed today so I needed to make sure I have something to look forward to during the long winter nights .

Will do, my friend!

Sounds like a perfectly logical thing to do as the snowflakes fall.

First stay at the BC and trying to decide what to put for our room request (I know it is purely a request and no guarantee). Any little tricks for better views that are still considered “standard view”? Or rooms that are more convenient than others?

I am requesting a daybed and would prefer ground floor or full balcony for a little adult space after the kids go to bed.

Sorry I didn’t have a chance to welcome you to this thread before your trip.

I hope that your stay improved after your initial disappointment with your room. Did you ever inquire about what else might be available?

Sorry if this has been asked and answered a thousand times. Do ALL the rooms at YC have the hand-held shower heads now, or just some? Also, do BC rooms now have them as well? Does it depend on room category? Would anyone know whether any of the other resorts have them now as well (not in designated accessible rooms, I mean). How would you rate their functioning? Thank you very much!!!

Thanks for your question.

Are you still in research mode or do you have an upcoming trip?

They are dual showers: a rain head stationary plus the hand held one. All the YC rooms have them. We were in a BC room in April, just had the regular shower head. GF RPC had regular shower head in September. Not sure about other resorts, sorry.

We liked the new showers at YC just fine. We need to redo our bathroom in the next year or 2 & I already decided we’ll probably put in this type of shower set up.

Thanks so much for the info. I don’t think I have the difference in shower types listed in my comparison of BC/YC, so I will add your descriptions.

We changed out the showerhead in our bathroom after a stay in a place that had a rainhead shower fixture.

Page 1357

I sweet talked my husband into staying at the yacht club next year. The promise of a balcony overlooking the water sold him. Also, last night when I checked room availability...the only room available during the dates we wanted was water view club level. So I also talked him into club level, too. Of course when I went to book this morning, a water view non club level was available...but I'm not going to tell him that. :rolleyes1

So fingers crossed I'm not going to change my plans over the next 11 months! I'm excited to try out the yacht club!

That's awesome!!!

Your secret is safe with us.

Don't post as much as once did but wanted to pop in and tell all my Y&BC friends Happy Thanksgiving!
(And Dee. We're back on 'The List'.)
Mike and Lee post Marathonun, Jan 13– Wed, Jan 16! Beach Club Proper!
And......Mike and Lee Post Cruise, July 3 - July 6 Beach Club Villa Studio

:welcome: back, my friend!

I'll get you added onto the list posthaste. STAT! Soon!

:cheer2::thumbsup2

We are checking into the BC in less than two weeks!

I just read through page one, but does anyone happen to know what the current bus situation is (MK specifically) in terms of whether the BC/YC are still paired with Swan/Dolphin and what the order of stop is?

Thank you so much!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

When I stayed at BC in 2015 (during F&W) my one request for our standard room was a full balcony and we didn't get it. We had a view of the porte cochere and it was a long walk from the lobby. BUT we were able to get out a side stairway to Epcot and the Boardwalk pretty easily. If you paid for a standard view I wouldn't expect to be moved. I guess it doesn't hurt to ask.

Thanks for your input!

Page 1358

updating...

What are the best garden view rooms? We are staying in Feb with a mailer pin code, and the only room class available was garden view. We've stayed water view in the past and prefer views of Crescent lake to any pool views. Going to keep checking to see if water view comes available, but what are the best garden view rooms?

@Wood Nymph has a great suggestion!

We are in a garden room in feb too so very interested to hear the replies!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

As indicated below, the views around the volleyball courtyard are lovely. Some of the GV rooms also overlook the back entrance (lakeside) and my family enjoys those for people-watching and the convenience of this location to the lobby.

Just want to make sure you are aware that only 50% of the rooms at the Beach Club have full balconies (the rest have the smaller, standing only stoops), so if a balcony where you are able to sit is important to you, make sure you request "Full Balcony, please"

Most of the garden view rooms face towards Epcot and have a view of the trees. But there are some very nice garden view rooms that overlook the volleyball court. Some of them have a sideways view of Crescent Lake. :)

As always, thank you!

I’ll be there December 7th-14th at The Beach Club. Double-digit countdown. Can’t wait.

Dee can you please add me to the list? I booked a bounce back at YC July 13-19! It will be a girl's only trip - me, DD9, mom, aunt and cousin (15). We almost went with BC since it was slightly cheaper (surprisingly!), but a balcony is a must this trip and I didn't want to stress about possibly not getting one. Next year is going to be an epic Disney year! Spring break at PVB, 11 night AKV/BWV split in June, then YC in July. :banana: Now I just need to get my boss to approve my vacation days :laughing: - fingers crossed!

You bet!

Your upcoming trips sound awesome!

:cheer2:

20 days until we check in at BCV!! First time in the villas - can't wait!!

:welcome: to this forum.

Last edited:
Does anyone know why the DIS is not "dark" right now???

Recently, this site has been down for maintenance between the hours of 4 am and 6 am (ish). Since I usually get up around 4 when my husband is getting ready for work, that is a great time for me to catch up here, but I haven't been able to do that lately.

Was there a change with the time change?

Is today's access a freak glitch?

Whatever the reason, I am caught up now and will attempt to update the Be Our Guest list before they turn off the lights.

:idea:

Does anyone know why the DIS is not "dark" right now???

Recently, this site has been down for maintenance between the hours of 4 am and 6 am (ish). Since I usually get up around 4 when my husband is getting ready for work, that is a great time for me to catch up here, but I haven't been able to do that lately.

Was there a change with the time change?

Is today's access a freak glitch?

Whatever the reason, I am caught up now and will attempt to update the Be Our Guest list before they turn off the lights.

:idea:

I don't know the reason, but I've noticed that for the last 4-5 days it hasn't gone "dark" like normal. :confused3

I don't know the reason, but I've noticed that for the last 4-5 days it hasn't gone "dark" like normal. :confused3

Thanks! I was hoping you would reply since I know you share the wee hours of the morning with me.

This will be epic for me if it keeps up, because this is the peak free time I have available during the day.

Probably a coincidence, but for the past few days I've had a terrible problem with pop-up spam when using my phone to look at this website. It's especially bad if I click on Watched Threads. I don't have this problem with any other websites, but it happens periodically with this one. Very annoying.

We have a YC CL standard view room over Christmas. When doing online checkin it doesn’t give me any options for room location requests. Is there any request I should fax in or do I just get what I get? I’m really not picky but I guess ideally the only thing I’d put is close to the lounge. Is that even a possibility with standard view? Just want to make sure I’m not missing anything. Thanks!

Oh happy day! I have been trying to return to my happy place since we last stayed at the BC/BCV in 2011, and now I can finally request to be added to the Be Our Guest list again.

:flower1:

We’ll be there October 20-26, 2019 in a 2 bedroom villa and I can’t wait!

Last edited:
We have a YC CL standard view room over Christmas. When doing online checkin it doesn’t give me any options for room location requests. Is there any request I should fax in or do I just get what I get? I’m really not picky but I guess ideally the only thing I’d put is close to the lounge. Is that even a possibility with standard view? Just want to make sure I’m not missing anything. Thanks!

The online room request has never had many options & none were really pertinent to club level. You can call the CRO number or contact Signature Services to have your requests added. And yes, there are standard rooms that are close to the lounge, so that is a valid request. Some of the rooms are a bit far from the lounge, so if being close is important, go ahead & request it. I would just caution that you may have more foot traffic outside your room, including noise from the set up room as the CMs come & go. Just a little heads up, in case that would bother you. Have a great trip!

DH and I will be staying at BCV (cash stay) 1/30-2/2 before our SWDAS cruise! I've been dying to go to SAB so as long as it's warm enough to keep it open, I'll be in the lazy river! :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!