Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi all! What a great thread! I spent some time reading through recent pages and decided to book the Beach Club for our April/May 2019 9 night trip. I’m so excited. We stayed at the Polynesian last year but decided to try something different and stay at an Epcot resort. I’m sure I’ll have more questions as it gets closer but for now just 2.

We have a Deluxe (but not Club level) room. Does anyone know what the views are like from there?

Also, with the new gondola system opening in 2019 do you think there will be construction on the walkway to Epcot during that time?

Thanks!

Hi all! What a great thread! I spent some time reading through recent pages and decided to book the Beach Club for our April/May 2019 9 night trip. I’m so excited. We stayed at the Polynesian last year but decided to try something different and stay at an Epcot resort. I’m sure I’ll have more questions as it gets closer but for now just 2.

We have a Deluxe (but not Club level) room. Does anyone know what the views are like from there?

Also, with the new gondola system opening in 2019 do you think there will be construction on the walkway to Epcot during that time?

Thanks!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Here's the info we have on the Beach Club Deluxe Rooms.

There are six Deluxe Rooms at BC.

1557 has a patio and lots of windows.
2557 and 4557 have extra large balconies.
3557 has the standing room only balcony.

3691 has both a standing room balcony and a full balcony
4691 has a standing room only balcony.

So 3 of the 6 have full balconies, 1 has a patio, and 2 have standing room only balconies.

If you check out this link, you will find some of the views for the Deluxe Rooms.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/beach-club-deluxe-rooms-suites-vp-and-presidential-rooms.2872514/

Note: A lot of these pictures were posted prior to the room renovations, but the views should be the same.

:goodvibes

Last edited:
:wave2: popping in after a LONG time :cool2: upcoming YC GV CL stay with DH using the amazing Chase Visa 35% off 1/18-21. I really wanted BC or Poly, but since I am a brat on a budget...YC it is. Thank you for your continued hard work here Dee :hug: (lots of changes already, so hopefully I am done)

Has anyone used a full size crib rental service at the beach club? I am staying a week with my 18 month old and wondering if its worth it. Does beach club have full size cribs upon request? Just worried she will get tired of a travel crib really fast...

Can anyone tell me how easy it is to go to cape may breakfast without a reservation?
This is a popular character breakfast but I would think that last minute openings would appear if you keep checking within a few days of your trip. A lot of ADR's for most restaurants seem to magically appear at the last minute. :)

Thank you! Thats what I am hoping for...we had a reservation for breakfast on our Epcot day but had to rearrange our trip in order to snag flight of passage fast passes! By the time our fast passes were booked I was shocked that Cape May had no availabilities on our Epcot/HS mornings! Will be checking the app

Has anyone used a full size crib rental service at the beach club? I am staying a week with my 18 month old and wondering if its worth it. Does beach club have full size cribs upon request? Just worried she will get tired of a travel crib really fast...
We arrived on Friday and ordered from a baby's best friend as kingdom strollers were out. Worked a treat and my 18 month old sleeping soundly. We arrived late and baby's best friend easily accommodated us. Asked at check in whether here were any cribs instead of pack and plays available since we arrived so late and there were, although it turmed out I didn't need as baby's best friend delivered. So - there does seem to be cribs available. My son doesn't sleep on pack and lays so I decided not to take the chance no full cribs available.

Has anyone heard a rumour about International Gateway being closed from just after American Thanksgiving to the week before Christmas? I'm really hoping what I'm hearing is wrong.

Has anyone heard a rumour about International Gateway being closed from just after American Thanksgiving to the week before Christmas? I'm really hoping what I'm hearing is wrong.

Yes I heard this also, I’ll do some looking here to see where I heard it from.

Please let us know where you have seen this or if you find out any additional info.

ETA: Source appears to be from a trip report, the poster got this info from a friend and a part time CM.

Link to thread on Disney rumor board: Possible International Gateway Closure 11/27 to 12/17

I just checked out the Walt Disney World Rehab/Closure link and this is all I saw for Yacht & Beach Club (but then again, they are not usually the first source that reports this sort of thing... *sigh*)
And there has still been no announcement of the rumored suspension of the Friendship Boats which corresponds with the same time period- see below*

Per WDW website:
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort - Children's Activity Center closed as of 8/1/2018. Ongoing outside refurbishment projects. There will be no noise between dusk and 9 AM.
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort - Expansion work on the Convention Center 8/4/2016 -Winter 2018. Guests may see work or hear the work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. Work will be conducted 9 AM to 9 PM. Children's Activity Center closed as of 8/1/2018. There will be additional bus transportation operating to and from Hollywood Studios and Epcot.

Why is this info about additional bus transportation to/from EPCOT only listed for YC??????????????

*****************************************************************************************

Friendship Boat Disruption???, Nov 28-Dec 25 (reported October 2018)
According to a memo sent by Costco travel to guests with upcoming trips to the Swan and Dolphin resorts, the Friendship boats may be out of service, November 28-December 25, due to gondola construction issues. Buses will be used to transport guests of those resorts to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. There is no mention about whether the walking path will be impacted:

Costco memo

So far, we have seen no official communications from Disney about how or if this will affect transportation between the Yacht & Beach Club and EP/HS or if the walking path will be impacted. Inquiries to Disney Signature Services by club level guests have received replies that they are unaware of any upcoming disruptions.

:magnify:

Last edited:
I saw the same info in a trip report on another board. The poster said she was told this by a friend and cast member. I have reservations at the Yacht Club in early December and will be very disappointed if this is true. I made the reservation expressly for an Epcot holiday weekend with the candlelight processional and holiday storytellers. If it's a bus to the front entrance, I may want to stay elsewhere.

There is a thread on the rumors board as well discussing this
https://www.disboards.com/threads/international-a-gateway-to-close-11-27-to-12-17.3711586/

Last edited:
I saw the same info in a trip report on another board. The poster said she was told this by a friend and part-time cast member. I have reservations at the Yacht Club in early December and will be very disappointed if this is true. I made the reservation expressly for an Epcot holiday weekend with the candlelight processional and holiday storytellers. If it's a bus to the front entrance, I may want to stay elsewhere.

There is a thread on the rumors board as well discussing this
https://www.disboards.com/threads/international-a-gateway-to-close-11-27-to-12-17.3711586/

Thanks! will add a link to this rumor thread to my post above.

::yes::

Please let us know where you have seen this or if you find out any additional info.

I just checked out the Walt Disney World Rehab/Closure link and this is all I saw for Yacht & Beach Club (but then again, they are not usually the first source that reports this sort of thing... *sigh*)
And there has still been no announcement of the rumored suspension of the Friendship Boats which corresponds with the same time period- see below*

Per WDW website:
  • Disney's Beach Club Resort - Children's Activity Center closed as of 8/1/2018. Ongoing outside refurbishment projects. There will be no noise between dusk and 9 AM.
  • Disney's Yacht Club Resort - Expansion work on the Convention Center 8/4/2016 -Winter 2018. Guests may see work or hear the work in progress and certain pathways may be unavailable. Work will be conducted 9 AM to 9 PM. Children's Activity Center closed as of 8/1/2018. There will be additional bus transportation operating to and from Hollywood Studios and Epcot.

Why is this info about additional bus transportation to/from EPCOT only listed for YC??????????????

*****************************************************************************************

Friendship Boat Disruption???, Nov 28-Dec 25 (reported October 2018)
According to a memo sent by Costco travel to guests with upcoming trips to the Swan and Dolphin resorts, the Friendship boats may be out of service, November 28-December 25, due to gondola construction issues. Buses will be used to transport guests of those resorts to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios. There is no mention about whether the walking path will be impacted:

Costco memo

So far, we have seen no official communications from Disney about how or if this will affect transportation between the Yacht & Beach Club and EP/HS or if the walking path will be impacted. Inquiries to Disney Signature Services by club level guests have received replies that they are unaware of any upcoming disruptions.

:magnify:

I have a split stay at YC/BC booked for Dec 1 - 9. It is my first time at either of these resorts and I’m so excited! The absolute number one selling point for us is walking access to HS and EP. So I have been watching this construction update develop. If it turns out that all walkways are closed and the International Gateway is not accessible, I will absolutely cancel and move off property .

If you go to the Marriott website for the Swan/Dolphin, they have an announcement posted about the Friendship Boat service being unavailable Nov 28 - Dec 18 (screenshot below). I called the front desk of the Swan and that CM was aware of the boat closure and additional bus service. When I asked her if there was a possibility of the walkway being closed she said yes that had been discussed but they wouldn’t know for sure until closer to the closure date and to call back.

E83C343E-FE77-4FA1-B1A9-686D05630297.png

I have a split stay at YC/BC booked for Dec 1 - 9. It is my first time at either of these resorts and I’m so excited! The absolute number one selling point for us is walking access to HS and EP. So I have been watching this construction update develop. If it turns out that all walkways are closed and the International Gateway is not accessible, I will absolutely cancel and move off property .

If you go to the Marriott website for the Swan/Dolphin, they have an announcement posted about the Friendship Boat service being unavailable Nov 28 - Dec 18 (screenshot below). I called the front desk of the Swan and that CM was aware of the boat closure and additional bus service. When I asked her if there was a possibility of the walkway being closed she said yes that had been discussed but they wouldn’t know for sure until closer to the closure date and to call back.

View attachment 358348

:welcome: to the thread, and thank you so much for posting this.

We will post any info we have as soon as we get it!

:thumbsup2

I have written to the DSS for my Yacht Club 11-24 - 12/1 Club Level stay once again, asking about about the boats and IG entrance... last time they said they had not received ANY info about this. I'll forward their reply when I hear back from them. It's just not right if this is true, that they are NOT telling all the Epcot area resorts about this early enough to make additional plans to accommodate it.

I have written to the DSS for my Yacht Club 11-24 - 12/1 Club Level stay once again, asking about about the boats and IG entrance... last time they said they had not received ANY info about this. I'll forward their reply when I hear back from them. It's just not right if this is true, that they are NOT telling all the Epcot area resorts about this early enough to make additional plans to accommodate it.

:thanks:

Agree. I wonder if they'd do anything to mitigate it, if true? Maybe set up a temp security entrance/exit behind World Showplace and at least bus Epcot resort guests there vs. the front entrance? Adjust nightly rate? Probably silly of me to hope for any mitigation. :rolleyes: I just checked availability for alternatives the couple of nights we'll be there and it's slim pickings (although could be b/c I'm only looking for 2 nights).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter