Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I just checked the price of our usual Tiffany Towncar, 135.00 plus tip round trip. I will be booking with them, maybe not as cute as a Minnie Van but that's OK. :-)

I always do Tiffany Towncar on arrival day and stop at Publix on the way to the hotel. But I use Uber or Lyft on departure day because I don’t need the extra service on the way to the airport.

We have stayed at the BC several times and have an upcoming stay at the YC, booked a water view room.

Do all the YC rooms have the daybed or is that a request? There are only 4 of us but due to the makeup of our party we need the 3 beds :)

Thanks!

We have stayed at the BC several times and have an upcoming stay at the YC, booked a water view room.

Do all the YC rooms have the daybed or is that a request? There are only 4 of us but due to the makeup of our party we need the 3 beds :)

Thanks!

They are by request, not all rooms have them.

I had a feeling this was the case/ I will put in our request and the reason we need the extra bed :)

Hopefully once I fill in the details they will understand and honor the request!

The room assigners will do their best to honor your request, but in the event that there are no rooms with a daybed available when you check in (families of 5 will have priority for rooms with a daybed), you could request a rollaway cot. My understanding from guests who have provided feedback is that the cots are very comfortable. The downside is that it takes up space in the room.

When is your trip?

:goodvibes

The room assigners will do their best to honor your request, but in the event that there are no rooms with a daybed available when you check in (families of 5 will have priority for rooms with a daybed), you could request a rollaway cot. My understanding from guests who have provided feedback is that the cots are very comfortable. The downside is that it takes up space in the room.

When is your trip?

:goodvibes

That's a good idea, had not thought about a cot! We check in 11/23.
Do you know off hand if there is a charge for a rollaway?

That's a good idea, had not thought about a cot! We check in 11/23.
Do you know off hand if there is a charge for a rollaway?

In the past, if you had 5 guests in your party and didn't get a room with a daybed then the roll away was brought in at no charge. If you had less than 5 and request a roll away there was a nightly charge. I think it was $15 per night if I remember correctly. This was about 10 years ago, so it may have changed.

In the past, if you had 5 guests in your party and didn't get a room with a daybed then the roll away was brought in at no charge. If you had less than 5 and request a roll away there was a nightly charge. I think it was $15 per night if I remember correctly. This was about 10 years ago, so it may have changed.

Thanks- I hope we just get the daybed.

I am traveling with my young adult dd and my older teen niece and nephew so I need that daybed for my nephew. I made a request but didn't really get the feeling that the CM understood my concerns.... almost makes me want to add my other niece to the reservation even though she can't make it (but I won't!).

YC is one of 2 resorts we haven't stayed at yet and we are looking forward to it but if I can find a Studio villa with the single murphy I may have to switch.

Last edited:
Thanks- I hope we just get the daybed.

I am traveling with my young adult dd and my older teen niece and nephew so I need that daybed for my nephew. I made a request but didn't really get the feeling that the CM understood my concerns.... almost makes me want to add my other niece to the reservation even though she can't make it (but I won't!).

YC is one of 2 resorts we haven't stayed at yet and we are looking forward to it but if I can find a Studio villa with the single murphy I may have to switch.

If she's under 18 you could add her to the room, if she's over 18 your would probably end up spending more on the extra adult fee than the daybed if you ended up having to pay for a daybed per night.

We returned last Saturday night from a week stay at the BC. We had an absolutely fantastic time. Everything was wonderful.

We were upgraded from a standard view to what they said was a garden view but we could also see storm along bay pool. We looked out over the entrance to the back of the resort.

Mousekeeping was great. So great in fact that I sent a letter to Kim the GM acknowledging our mousekeeper. She worked her butt off getting all the rooms cleaned on our floor but always stopped to say hi with a smile and ask if there was anything we needed.

Buses were plentiful and never full.
Crowds were better than I expected them to be. We loved the slinky dog ride. Great addition to HS especially for the younger visitors.

On our second day we came back to the room to find a box of chocolates from the Ganachery with a nice thank you from the cast at the beach club. I love the ganachery chocolates!

Anyone looking for a delicious quick sit down breakfast, make sure you go to compass and ale! My caramel apple French toast was out of this world delicious!

Wishes that everyone going can relax and have as great and enjoyable time as we did.

A46DC800-1B70-48A9-8EEC-72B563A4134B.jpeg
559481C0-579D-4B08-AEC0-0F9E06D4593D.jpeg

If she's under 18 you could add her to the room, if she's over 18 your would probably end up spending more on the extra adult fee than the daybed if you ended up having to pay for a daybed per night.

Oh I know - my dd's are both over 18 so we have been paying extra adult fees for a while now but my niece is under 18.

In fact that's another reason for me to look at a studio villa as they don't charge the extra adult fee. (At least until 1/1/19!)

Oh I know - my dd's are both over 18 so we have been paying extra adult fees for a while now but my niece is under 18.

In fact that's another reason for me to look at a studio villa as they don't charge the extra adult fee. (At least until 1/1/19!)

That extro adult fee is a killer, and it keeps on going up! But at least it's free until they are 18, and not something much lower :-). I'll just consider myself lucky if any of our boys want to travel with us after they are 18 :flower:

Are they going to start charging for extra adults in the DVC rooms after 1/1/19?

That extro adult fee is a killer, and it keeps on going up! But at least it's free until they are 18, and not something much lower :-). I'll just consider myself lucky if any of our boys want to travel with us after they are 18 :flower:

Are they going to start charging for extra adults in the DVC rooms after 1/1/19?

I know what you mean ! OT but I don't mind paying for my dd's as I don't know how much longer they will want to vacation with mom (and that's ok too!). I read that the Studios will start charging the extra adult fee in 2019 but I haven't tried to price anything out yet.

My wife and I were 'WDW veterans', going many times between 2004 (our honeymoon) to 2010... During most of that time, we stayed at the moderates (Port Orleans, which we love, especially French Quarter). On our last trip (2010) befor we had kids, we stayed at the Yacht Club and fell in love with it -the resort itself, but also its close proximity to Epcot.

Fast forward to last April, we took our first trip with our two boys (DS-7 and DS-10mos at the time) and first since 2010. We stayed at the Beach Club, and had an amazing time. Didn't think we'd be going back for a few years, but last week we got a discount code in the mail - and on a whim, booked a room at the BC for Presidents Day week. I can't wait - the resort really does feel like our Disney Home. Just so excited for this unexpected, upcoming trip... I don't really have a question, just had to share the excitement with someone (as we are surprising our son at Christmas, so he doesn't know yet ..). :)

Last edited:
I made a request but didn't really get the feeling that the CM understood my concerns...

So call again. Tell them you’re afraid you didn’t do a good job explaining yourself when you called before and ask them to read the request back to you. (Even if you were perfectly clear and the problem was the prior castmember.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter