Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are so excited for her!! This has been a goal for my daughter since she was about 12 years old.

lol you're a lot more generous than we were! We must have gotten in for free for almost 7 years, it was awesome while it lasted. Now, we have AP's, that is very cool too. I know what you mean about hotels, we've been DVC members since 2003 at BCV, I can't imagine the cost of that. I hope she enjoys the program, its a once in a lifetime opportunity, very exciting!

Hi all! Just got back from a honeymoon in Disney World and stayed at The Beach Club the first couple nights! We had an amazing lagoon view room with a full balcony! I know these are not guaranteed with the "Water View" room types so we got lucky! Our room number was 2621! I had made these requests and waited until 4pm for this room to be ready but it was worth it, the location of the room cannot be beat! It was on the second floor maybe 4 rooms down from the staircase to the lobby! These resorts are very large so it was awesome being so close to everything and I have no noise complaints from the room location either! Check out these pictures of the view and balcony and let me know if you have any questions!
--Mike

Attachments

• beach club balcony.jpeg
    beach club balcony.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 48
  • beach club view.jpeg
    beach club view.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 51
The rats live in the trees. We sat by the quiet pool at BWI one day--kind of a dreary day and people were in the hot tub. We watched the rat come across the pool patio, skirted the edge of the hot tub and the folks in the tub were none the wiser. It was within a foot of them and they had no clue. He/she wandered through the bushes and out by the garbage gate. We joked it was Ratatouille from France. If you are out later in the evening, they are skulking about.

And again, that snake did land in my lap. I was happily chatting with my husband enjoying the quiet, the turn down maid was in our room telling our children a bedtime story from her Jamaican heritage while she tidied up the room and whap, out of the tree it fell. Scared the bejeesus out of me!

OK, that is a great story! I'm sure not so amusing at the time, but I'm glad you can laugh about it now!

Tree rats?!? :eek:

Stay out of the d*mn lakes and avoid the trees after dark.

:scared:

PSA Alert

They're very good at climbing stairs.
:sad1:... can’t I pretend that’s impossible? Because it’s the land of Mouse Magic where dreams come true right?... *makes final trip payment being an adult, remembers it’s fake magic & expensive fake magic at that!*... :sad:

New plan: F&W. Generous amounts of champagne/sparkling wine. Much easier to roll with the realities of FL after that!

Page 1331-1333

We leave tomorrow for our one night stay near the airport, then we check in to Yacht Club on Saturday for a week! We have stayed at Beach Club, but this is our first stay at Yacht. We are so excited!!!! Have the Halloween mugs shown up yet at Yacht Club? I saw someone say they were at Boardwalk but not Beach last week.

Have fun!

:woohoo:

I’m so excited we leave way too early in the morning for a week at YC!!!

Hope you have an amazing trip!

:cool1:

I’ve been taking a little break from the Disboards because for the first time in about ten years, we were going to take a year off of our Disney trips. I just didn’t want to be reminded of what we were missing.

Well, as luck would have it, my daughter was just accepted for the Disney College Program for Spring Advantage!! Guess who just went from zero Disney trips to an annual pass? This girl!! I can’t wait to spend a little time at Yacht and Beach during her program. We love this resort, and we are so excited for our daughter’s opportunity! She will be working in merchandising, so her placement could be anywhere.

That is fantastic!!! Congrats to your daughter.

We look forward to seeing you back around these parts.

:banana::banana::banana:

@natebenma We will be staying at both Beach Cub and Yacht Club! Dec 22-28th 2018 at Beach Club Club Level and April 20-28th 2019 at Yacht Club (waiting on 2019 Passholder discounts before we upgrade to Club Level) but we are excited to be at WDW during Christmas! We decided against the CL FP+ for our Christmas stay. I did them for 8 of our 10 days last month and honestly, I didn't feel it was worth the money. Our last 3 trips have been at The Contemporary. Excited to try something new!

:welcome: to the thread!

I am happy to add your two (TWO!) trips to the Be Our Guest list.

Sounds like a couple of fantastic stays and we look forward to hear your thoughts on the resorts.

:thumbsup2

A little bit of a late review...we were there on 9/20-9/22 before leaving for our cruise. Walking into the Beach Club lobby made me so happy :) Last year we stayed at the Yacht club, loved it and were upgraded to a great room but there is nothing like the Beach Club!!! We were upgraded to a water view from a standard "magical deal" room a few days before ( I saw it on my Disney experience app, never happened before that I see it before arriving :)
We had room 4563, pretty close to the quiet pool. Loved the room and the view. Everything was pretty amazing. There was no construction or painting at the entrance but some painting in the walkway to the buses. The main work we saw was in the corner building by the quiet pool. It looked like some serious work, more than painting and it was a bit noisy over there-those would be the only rooms I would avoid. We had a long but narrow balcony.

Thanks so much for the room information and pictures.

2 Queen beds? Daybed or no?

I'll add them to the view thread.

::yes::

Hi all! Just got back from a honeymoon in Disney World and stayed at The Beach Club the first couple nights! We had an amazing lagoon view room with a full balcony! I know these are not guaranteed with the "Water View" room types so we got lucky! Our room number was 2621! I had made these requests and waited until 4pm for this room to be ready but it was worth it, the location of the room cannot be beat! It was on the second floor maybe 4 rooms down from the staircase to the lobby! These resorts are very large so it was awesome being so close to everything and I have no noise complaints from the room location either! Check out these pictures of the view and balcony and let me know if you have any questions!
--Mike

So glad to hear you enjoyed the room! Thanks for the pictures- I'll add them to the view thread.

What was the bedding configuration? 2 Queens or a King bed? Daybed?

Thanks!

:goodvibes

Last edited:

Page 1325

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

Thanks so much for your comments. In addition to the suggestion from dansdad below, we have a section in the FAQ about different products which mimic the lobby smell according to guests.

Check the next post.

I have to see if this is one of the suggestions listed.

Thank you for the review and pictures you posted!

I'll check out your report, and add the lounge and view pictures where needed.

Thanks, again!

Thank you so much for your detailed information and comments!

I was looking for confirmation that the BCV concierge desk was still staffed, so I appreciate that.

As much as I love coffee (I LOVE coffee and I would testify to that under oath), I have never had Cold Brew. Which my husband says is excellent (I am not a coffee snob by any measure and would probably drink mud if it had a hit of caffeine)

There is a question I am getting at here- The cold brew dispenser has hot coffee (not iced), right?

:coffee:

Are you staying at the resort at the end of October or just visiting during a stay elsewhere.

If and when I get a listing of the Halloween activities at the Yacht & Beach Club, I will post it here.

Does anyone have an upcoming club level stay at either resort at the end of the month? If so, would you mind contacting Disney Signature Services to see if they have a schedule of Halloween activities available.

:maleficen

Sorry for quoting everything, I am useless posting from my phone and we are traveling for a wedding. The cold brew dispenser dispenses basically room temp coffee that is meant to be consumed over ice. If you are like me though, you will be so fixated on getting coffee that you stupidly fill the whole cup with coffee then stare at the cup in disbelief while you try and figure out how you are now going to get ice in your very full cup...

Page 1331-1333

Have fun!

Hope you have an amazing trip!

That is fantastic!!! Congrats to your daughter.

We look forward to seeing you back around these parts.

:banana::banana::banana:

I am happy to add your two (TWO!) trips to the Be Our Guest list.

Sounds like a couple of fantastic stays and we look forward to hear your thoughts on the resorts.

Thanks so much for the room information and pictures.

2 Queen beds? Daybed or no?

I'll add them to the view thread.

So glad to hear you enjoyed the room! Thanks for the pictures- I'll add them to the view thread.

What was the bedding configuration? 2 Queens or a King bed? Daybed?

Thanks!

Two queen beds, a day bed, no fan :( But I did request a box one and got it! LOL

Sorry for quoting everything, I am useless posting from my phone and we are traveling for a wedding. The cold brew dispenser dispenses basically room temp coffee that is meant to be consumed over ice. If you are like me though, you will be so fixated on getting coffee that you stupidly fill the whole cup with coffee then stare at the cup in disbelief while you try and figure out how you are now going to get ice in your very full cup...

Thank you so much for replying!

Although I like hot coffee in the morning, as someone from the land of Dunkin', I have always been dismayed about the lack of decent iced coffee options in Florida.

:drinking1

Last edited:
ISO: Transportation information to the Disney Water Parks from Y&BC

I have asked this before, and I'm sure I have received answers, so please forgive me for being too lazy to look back and too scared to venture to the Transportation Board.

Can someone explain the current instructions to get to and from the water parks from the Yacht & Beach resorts using Disney transportation?

Is the method the same or different depending on if you are traveling to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach.

Does the method change depending on the time of day (morning vs. afternoon/evening) or season?

:thanks:

ETA: If anyone wants to share recent cost of Minnie Van/Taxi/Uber to the water parks to/from the Y&BC resort, I'll add that to the first post on page 1.

Last edited:

I have asked this before, and I'm sure I have received answers, so please forgive me for being too lazy to look back and too scared to venture to the Transportation Board.

Can someone explain the current instructions to get to and from the water parks from the Yacht & Beach resorts using Disney transportation?

Is the method the same or different depending on if you are traveling to Typhoon Lagoon or Blizzard Beach.

Does the method change depending on the time of day (morning vs. afternoon/evening) or season?

:thanks:

This is how you would get to the Water Parks from all hotels this summer:

Blizzard Beach - Take the bus to AK. Switch at AK to Blizzard Beach bus. On the return, there is a bus that takes you back to AK so you can get on your resort bus.

Typhoon Lagoon - Take the bus to Disney Springs. Switch at Disney Springs to bus to TL. On the return, there is a bus that takes you back to DS so you can get on your resort bus.

This is how you would get to the Water Parks from all hotels this summer:

Blizzard Beach - Take the bus to AK. Switch at AK to Blizzard Beach bus. On the return, there is a bus that takes you back to AK so you can get on your resort bus.

Typhoon Lagoon - Take the bus to Disney Springs. Switch at Disney Springs to bus to TL. On the return, there is a bus that takes you back to DS so you can get on your resort bus.

Thank you so much!!!

Thank you so much for replying!

Although I like hot coffee in the morning, as someone from the land of Dunkin', I have always been dismayed about the lack of decent iced coffee options in Florida.

:drinking1

I could not agree more! Unless you are willing to wait in line at the Starbucks (no thanks) when you do find one on property, it's usually some kind of pre-mixed sweetened thing, yuck.

I could not agree more! Unless you are willing to wait in line at the Starbucks (no thanks) when you do find one on property, it's usually some kind of pre-mixed sweetened thing, yuck.

You need to tell them, "NO Classic" and reiterate the plain coffee with no syrup to be sure.

I'm probably going to catch some grief from people who disagree, but...

Starbucks.jpg

And what the heck! Here's a picture of me at my first job about a million years ago showing one of the reasons I come by my loyalty to DD honestly

Dunkins.jpg

You need to tell them, "NO Classic" and reiterate the plain coffee with no syrup to be sure.

I have gone into a Starbucks and asked for a black coffee and have gotten the response "What?"

Last edited:
I'm probably going to hear from people who disagree, but...

View attachment 356834

And what the heck! Here's a picture of me at my first job about a million years ago showing one of the reasons I have loyalty to DD:

View attachment 356838

I have gone into a Starbucks and asked for a black coffee and have gotten the response "What?"

Cool photo!

I get it, I'm a DD person too. But there is none in the parks so I learned how to order what I wanted at SB.

ETA: If anyone wants to share recent cost of Minnie Van/Taxi/Uber to the water parks to/from the Y&BC resort, I'll add that to the first post on page 1.

We used lyft a few weeks ago to and from Typhoon Lagoon from the BC, it was $12.68 there and $12.32 back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter