Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We are home now from our Beach Club stay. My grandchildren had a wonderful time and that was what was important. The adults, not so much, as you can tell from my previous posts. We did use the Minnie Vans and they were wonderful! The busses were just awful. Never had an issue before, but the wait times were really long and the busses were crowded.

We did not find the parks that busy and were able to get a lot done. Once the whole fast pass thing was fixed it was better, but in the first 3 days it was a good thing my daughter-in-law had her paper work showing her purchased ones so they get on the rides.

Was not very impressed with the club level cast this trip at all. I think we will take a break from the Beach Club for the next family trip. My son has agreed to go back to the Boardwalk! My next 3 trips are at the Boardwalk, so I am a happy girl.

You can have Boardwalk. :-) I’m there right now, and although I love our room and the CL food and service, I do NOT like the hotel layout or vibe. I miss YC and BC desperately.

We are home now from our Beach Club stay. My grandchildren had a wonderful time and that was what was important. The adults, not so much, as you can tell from my previous posts. We did use the Minnie Vans and they were wonderful! The busses were just awful. Never had an issue before, but the wait times were really long and the busses were crowded.

We did not find the parks that busy and were able to get a lot done. Once the whole fast pass thing was fixed it was better, but in the first 3 days it was a good thing my daughter-in-law had her paper work showing her purchased ones so they get on the rides.

Was not very impressed with the club level cast this trip at all. I think we will take a break from the Beach Club for the next family trip. My son has agreed to go back to the Boardwalk! My next 3 trips are at the Boardwalk, so I am a happy girl.

Thanks for your candid feedback both while you were at the resort and now that you are back home. It makes me sad that you had to deal with so many problems.

Enjoy your upcoming trips!

::yes::

I’ve been taking a little break from the Disboards because for the first time in about ten years, we were going to take a year off of our Disney trips. I just didn’t want to be reminded of what we were missing.

Well, as luck would have it, my daughter was just accepted for the Disney College Program for Spring Advantage!! Guess who just went from zero Disney trips to an annual pass? This girl!! I can’t wait to spend a little time at Yacht and Beach during her program. We love this resort, and we are so excited for our daughter’s opportunity! She will be working in merchandising, so her placement could be anywhere.

Thats awesome! My son did the College Program at Great Movie Ride, LOVED it. Then went on to do two Professional Internships (PI's), then ended up working for Disney for the next 7 years! But I have a question for you, with working for them comes nice perks, and getting his family in for free was one of them. Doesn't your daughter have the same, I'm wondering why you purchased an AP, she can get you in for free!

We decided to get the AP because she maxes out at 6 free tickets during her program. I knew that several of her friends would want to visit, so we told her to save the tickets for them. Also, she would need to be there to get us into the parks, and we didn’t want to have to base our trips on her work schedule.

We absolutely look forward to her hotel discounts though!!

Thats awesome! My son did the College Program at Great Movie Ride, LOVED it. Then went on to do two Professional Internships (PI's), then ended up working for Disney for the next 7 years! But I have a question for you, with working for them comes nice perks, and getting his family in for free was one of them. Doesn't your daughter have the same, I'm wondering why you purchased an AP, she can get you in for free!

ISO: Pictures of the Seaside Retreat
formerly Sandcastle Club

Has anyone been here to see the nighttime movies or for other activities?

:magnify:

We decided to get the AP because she maxes out at 6 free tickets during her program. I knew that several of her friends would want to visit, so we told her to save the tickets for them. Also, she would need to be there to get us into the parks, and we didn’t want to have to base our trips on her work schedule.

We absolutely look forward to her hotel discounts though!!

lol you're a lot more generous than we were! We must have gotten in for free for almost 7 years, it was awesome while it lasted. Now, we have AP's, that is very cool too. I know what you mean about hotels, we've been DVC members since 2003 at BCV, I can't imagine the cost of that. I hope she enjoys the program, its a once in a lifetime opportunity, very exciting!

I was recently looking at some menus and noticed that the BC Marketplace showed a kind of build your own sub (like subway) and the same for those small flatbreads/pizza. I don't remember the site I was looking at and now of course I can't find it. We leave in ten days and I would love to know if this true. Can anyone at the BC confirm or deny if you can make subs and pizza to order?

I was recently looking at some menus and noticed that the BC Marketplace showed a kind of build your own sub (like subway) and the same for those small flatbreads/pizza. I don't remember the site I was looking at and now of course I can't find it. We leave in ten days and I would love to know if this true. Can anyone at the BC confirm or deny if you can make subs and pizza to order?
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...each-club-marketplace/menus/lunch-and-dinner/

:welcome: back!

Thanks for the question!

:goodvibes

And thank you for posting the link!

The one I had on the dining post Page 1, Post 7 brought you to a broken link, so I have added this ^^^

:thumbsup2

I know FL is full of snakes. That said :scared1: doesn’t quite match how loud I would scream seeing that. We love the hot tub at quiet pool. Move along Mr/Ms Snake por favor.... now if you’ll pardon me I need to make our not ground floor room request...

Right there with you and I scream like a 3 year old having a tantrum--never fails, they always manage to cross my path. There have been very few years where I didn't have a snake encounter and I hate those things! I can deal with the rats, the lizards, the insects, but why does it always have to be snakes! I actually had one fall into my lap while doing my nails on the verandah at GF many years ago! It is still a family joke about scaring the snake as I scrambled across table top and chairs to get off that patio! :lmao: Funny now--at the time, not so much.

Right there with you and I scream like a 3 year old having a tantrum--never fails, they always manage to cross my path. There have been very few years where I didn't have a snake encounter and I hate those things! I can deal with the rats, the lizards, the insects, but why does it always have to be snakes! I actually had one fall into my lap while doing my nails on the verandah at GF many years ago! It is still a family joke about scaring the snake as I scrambled across table top and chairs to get off that patio! :lmao: Funny now--at the time, not so much.

:eek: on your lap? Good lord the entire resort would have heard me. And "the rats?" Other than Mickey, Minnie, and Remy, I've not seen a mouse/rat in WDW, thank god.

I would've screamed so loud if something dropped into my lap! It wouldn't matter if it was a snake or a leaf lol. I just don't like things popping out of nowhere suddenly. It's why I don't like frogs lol. They can just jump right at you!

Page 1326-1327

We had a wonderful time at Beach Club last weekend! We booked a standard room and were upgraded to a garden/woods view room, #7598. The location was perfect! It was right around the corner from the elevator. We were in the same wing as the "secret" exit/entrance, and we used that door coming to and from Epcot. It was a very quick walk, and baggage check at the International Gateway is super easy and painless. We had a full balcony that overlooked a small flowerbed. The Tidal Pool was not too far away. The room is in the corner of an L, so you can't lay on the bed naked with the shades open. ;)
The only odd thing was that housekeeping never came to our room the entire weekend. We did not request to forgo housekeeping, and we were not staying in a DVC room, so I'm not sure what happened there. It wasn't too big a deal as we only stayed Friday-Monday, but if we had stayed a week I would have said something.
We are officially resort snobs now. I want to stay at Beach Club every time!

Thanks for letting us know about your stay!

We were able to book our Magical trip this morning with our TA, well most of it anyways. We couldn’t get the last two nights as of right now but we are going to figure something out!! So we will be there July 18th -30th Beach Club Standard View.

I also saw that Southwest will be releasing their flights through August 5th on Nov.15!

I also have to share this picture( it’s BC related because there are pics of us at the BC hanging up :rolleyes1) Our daughter painted/created this picture and I just had to hang it up! We decided to put pics of all our adventures around it. We can’t wait to add more!!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list

:woohoo:

Target, 3200 Rolling Oaks Blvd, Kissimmee, FL 34747
Distance: 7.5 miles from the Beach Club (15 minute drive via World Drive and US-192W)
UberX estimate (each way): $12.69

This Target is open till midnight, under current schedule.
https://www.target.com/sl/orlando-sw/2370

Finally getting around to adding this info to Page 1.

:thanks:

I just saw a Swan/Dolphin post that the FriendShip boats will not be running 11/28/18-12/25/2018, due to gondola construction. Instead, bus transportation will be available.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/w...tion-questions.3264274/page-373#post-59804840

I know a couple of people have emailed Disney Signature Service about this but did not get any confirmations about upcoming disruptions. Has anyone seen anything official from Disney or the Yacht & Beach Club resort?

:magnify:

Last edited:
Page 1328-1329

Joining along with this thread to get ready for our marathon weekend trip in January! BC is the last deluxe to check off my list, and can’t wait to experience it since I love the Epcot resort area!

:welcome:

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

:cool1:

I called yesterday to ask a few questions about my trip next year before booking in the next few weeks and was talked into booking. So my trip is booked YAY!!! Sept 8th thru the 13, YC CL. So, far just me going, probably breaking up with my bf, so didn't want to add him and go thru that mess. Can always add someone else later.:love::love::love::love:

I'll put your trip info in more permanent ink on the list!

:woohoo:

ETA:

Well, small bump in the road, went to put in on the calendar at work and can't take that week. So I will be going my origianal week. Sept 15-20th

Never mind!

Sitting in the BC lobby now waiting for ME, very sad.

*snip*

Thanks for your descriptions and comments and help with info missions while you were there!

Last edited:
:eek: on your lap? Good lord the entire resort would have heard me. And "the rats?" Other than Mickey, Minnie, and Remy, I've not seen a mouse/rat in WDW, thank god.

The rats live in the trees. We sat by the quiet pool at BWI one day--kind of a dreary day and people were in the hot tub. We watched the rat come across the pool patio, skirted the edge of the hot tub and the folks in the tub were none the wiser. It was within a foot of them and they had no clue. He/she wandered through the bushes and out by the garbage gate. We joked it was Ratatouille from France. If you are out later in the evening, they are skulking about.

And again, that snake did land in my lap. I was happily chatting with my husband enjoying the quiet, the turn down maid was in our room telling our children a bedtime story from her Jamaican heritage while she tidied up the room and whap, out of the tree it fell. Scared the bejeesus out of me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter