Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Page 1325

Happy to say, we are heading back to YC once again next year! This time it's Sept. 25 - Oct. 2! Can't wait for another F&W trip!

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Checked out today after an amazing (and very hot lol) week at YC. I have to say though, as much as I loved the vibe and the pool and the easy walk to Epcot (not so much HS, with all the construction and the crazy walkway detours), what I'll miss most is the lobby smell. I don't know what it was but it honestly might be my new favorite Disney smell.

Thanks so much for your comments. In addition to the suggestion from dansdad below, we have a section in the FAQ about different products which mimic the lobby smell according to guests.

Check the next post.

::yes::

We have found this to transport us back to our stays at YC.

https://magiccandlecompany.com/products/yacht

I have to see if this is one of the suggestions listed.

:thumbsup2

We just got home from our Yacht Club visit. Stayed in room 5227 (club level) and it was amazing. They were starting to do some roof work just below our room last Thursday but it wasn't very noticeable until Saturday (yesterday) morning when we were packing everything up to head home. I'm guessing since we weren't normally around between 9 am and 7 pm we didn't notice it until our last day.

We did utilize the pool and lounge a significant amount. Since it was pretty warm during our whole trip we hit up the pool around 1500/3:00 pm each day for an hour or so and then would stop and get an adult beverage before heading back to the parks around 1700/5:00 pm.

I've gotta get my pictures moved to my computer and will more than likely start my 1st ever trip report (in 12 trips). :)

Thank you for the review and pictures you posted!

I'll check out your report, and add the lounge and view pictures where needed.

Thanks, again!

:cool1:

*snip*

Random thoughts: CMs at BC and BCV have been so friendly, awesome experiences thus far. The Marketplace is very loud and chaotic, although they have a cold brew coffee dispenser that I have never seen before (pic below). I personally prefer the new CS at Yacht club, it is less chaotic and I think they have better food.

Thank you so much for your detailed information and comments!

I was looking for confirmation that the BCV concierge desk was still staffed, so I appreciate that.

As much as I love coffee (I LOVE coffee and I would testify to that under oath), I have never had Cold Brew. Which my husband says is excellent (I am not a coffee snob by any measure and would probably drink mud if it had a hit of caffeine)

There is a question I am getting at here- The cold brew dispenser has hot coffee (not iced), right?

:coffee:

Does anyone know what the Beach/Yacht Club does on Halloween for trick or treating? We've been there in the past on Halloween and have seen something set up outside, in the Beaches and Cream area, with a few characters. Wondering if this still happens. This is our first time taking our 3 year old grandson!

:welcome: to the thread!

Are you staying at the resort at the end of October or just visiting during a stay elsewhere.

If and when I get a listing of the Halloween activities at the Yacht & Beach Club, I will post it here.

Does anyone have an upcoming club level stay at either resort at the end of the month? If so, would you mind contacting Disney Signature Services to see if they have a schedule of Halloween activities available.

:maleficen

Last edited:
From Page 1, Post 14- Other Useful Info

Ooo-Ooo, That Smell!

The smell in the lobbies of the Beach Club and Yacht Club is green clover and aloe, generated with the Enviroscent system/ www.scentairhome.com
note: The unit is quite expensive (around $300 plus cost of cartridges). The company has sold it to individuals in the past but some recent reports indicate that the companies have not been accommodating to non-business customers.

Clever and Inquisitive Guests have sniffed out some Red Neck Scent Substitutions.

Candles:

Certain candle fragrances mimic the Beach Club lobby scent:

Bath & Body Works: Rainkissed Leaves, Beach House, Beach Cabana (essence of BC)
Yankee Candle: Exotic Rainforest, Oceanside Retreat, Cotton Blossom, A Summer's Wish (similar), Beach Walk
Aldi: Water Lily & Aloe
Columbia Fragrance Company: Walt's Wonderful World- Green Clover & Aloe
Walter and Rosie Candle Company: Beach Club

Spireside (formerly Anthology): Beach Club or Clover Fields (see below for review)
Maple and Whiskey- a company from the UK
Etsy- search on Beach Club/Disney/Mouse Scents candles or scents
WEDway Candle Company

ETA: Magic Candle Company- Yacht Club

Note: some of these fragrances have been discontinued
Also, some customers indicated that Walter and Rosie Candle Company have had some fulfillment issues and complaints in the past, but under new management the situation has improved.

candle.jpg

In the words of the candlemaker: "Fresh green notes accented with white jasmine, blond woods and musk. And the candle is spot on with the scent of the lobby."

You can also order the scents to make your own candles!
The Candlemakers Store, Rainkissed Leaves

Other Products- Hand lotions, soap, room sprays:

Sandcastle Club- for Historical Purposes

All Disneyworld resort Kid's Clubs closed at the end of July, 2018

Sandcastle%20Club.jpg

Hours: 4:30 PM to 12 midnight
Reservations: (407) WDW-DINE
Designed especially for children ages 4-12 years old.
Supervised activities including free play arcade games, Sega/Nintendo, board games, Disney movies), "play" kitchen and living room area, dolls and stuffed animals, arts and crafts, and much more!! Charge is approximately $12 USD per hour per child, with a two-hour minimum. Sandcastle Club provides a complimentary dinner for children that is available at 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM and 8:00 PM in the Club. Reservations required.

Visit the Sandcastle Open House each day from 1 PM to 3 PM for a variety of video games, toys and arts and crafts. Fun for the whole family!

Beginning December 4, the Sandcastle Club at Disney's Beach Club Resort and Lilo's Playhouse at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort will offer new programming similar to that onboard Disney Cruise Line. Children left at these supervised children's activity centers that cater to kids 3 to 12 will now be able to participate in cooking activities, adventures in science, plus character interactions. In addition there will be the usual toys and games, dress up, crafts, storytelling and dancing, and dinner is included! Pricing is $55 per child from 4:30 to midnight. Call 407-WDW-DINE for reservations and more information.

I wanted to post a brief review of the new kids club program. We dropped Aria off at just around 4:30 yesterday. It's now a flat $55 fee for the night - whether your child is there an hour or all night. They provide dinner and a snack if your child is there past ten. We picked her up before then, though, so she missed out on that Rice Krispie treat.

There were the typical craft activities, which for Aria consisted of slapping stickers all over a blank sheet of paper. She said they baked cookies. When I picked her up, they had a CM in mad scientist garb performing experiments. Aria was perfecting her mad scientist cackle. She has continued doing so, to the delight of her brother. She had a fabulous time. I don't know that they've beefed up the program as much as advertised. The photo they have when you check in shows Chip (or Dale, can't recall) hugging a child and Aria only mentioned the mad scientist visiting. When the brochure is touting they'll meet Disney friends and they include a photo of Chip/Dale, I think it's safe to assume parents might expect a character meet. The CMs were fabulous, though, and seemed to genuine enjoy Aria. I know we usually had the kids there for at least three hours, so I don't think the price is much different from what we paid before. We'd absolutely use it again.

I reserved ahead of time. But when we dropped Aria off, a couple came in without a reservation and they had space. Granted, it was a weekend in January, but still a Saturday night. They were quite relieved. :)
January 2016

More Sandcastle Club Reviews

I use Disney transportation (or Uber for resort-resort trips), so I will rely on others to help you with the parking situation at Beach & Yacht Club. As you probably know, Disney buses will bring you to the MK gates, but if you drive to the park, you will be parking at the TTC and need to take the ferry or monorail to the gates. I have never had a long wait for a bus TO the MK, but sometimes the bus back to the resort can have a long wait. More often than not, my family returns to the Beach Club from MK via the monorail so that we can spend some time/walk through EPCOT. It is not a quicker way back and involves a lot more walking, but we love the monorail and EPCOT so we enjoy this return route.

::yes::
We always use the bus transportation when going to MK from the Beach Club. It is so much easier and faster than driving to the TTC then catching a boat or monorail to MK. I don't remember ever waiting long for a bus to MK. Our return strategy is to take the first bus going to Yacht & Beach, Swan & Dolphin or Boardwalk. Since it is a short from Swan & Dolphin or Boardwalk to the Beach Club, this has worked well for us.

We do drive to AK, walk to Epcot, and take the boat to the Studios.

Just a reminder in case some haven't already been aware of this... Boat service will not be available from Swan and Dolphin from Nov 27 thru Dec 25, according to the notice from Costco.... Apparently they will be working on the Gondola cables and can't have the boats under it. Not sure how they will handle folks walking, but they say buses will be available for Epcot and HS from each of affected resorts. Hope it's delayed a bit since our trip is Nov 24 - Dec 1, but no matter when they do it, it will impact someone's Holiday plans!
Boats HS-Epcot down.jpeg

Edited to add: I'm assuming this means that the boats will only run between Epcot and BWI and BC/YC, and will NOT run to D/S and HS.

EDITED AGAIN: I'm now being told ALL boats will be discontinued.... doesn't make a lot of sense to not allow the boats when the only area they would be under the cabling is at IG...but then they WILL allow people to walk under it? I'm confused.....

Last edited:

Rather than edit again, I'll post a new one.

Since I'm staying Club Level, I decided to write to the Signature Services folks, and ask them... they answered almost right away that they were unaware of any disruption of service of the Friendship Boats.... so.... who do we believe? Since only the Dolphin/Swan seems to have alerted anyone, can we count of just that stop being affected? Who knows? I guess we just show up and find out then.

Rather than edit again, I'll post a new one.

Since I'm staying Club Level, I decided to write to the Signature Services folks, and ask them... they answered almost right away that they were unaware of any disruption of service of the Friendship Boats.... so.... who do we believe? Since only the Dolphin/Swan seems to have alerted anyone, can we count of just that stop being affected? Who knows? I guess we just show up and find out then.
I emailed the DSS folks a few minutes after your earlier post. I got the same response. I am hoping WDW won't opt for a big disruption in service over the holidays, but who knows?
Fingers crossed! :flower:

I emailed the DSS folks a few minutes after your earlier post. I got the same response. I am hoping WDW won't opt for a big disruption in service over the holidays, but who knows?
Fingers crossed! :flower:
Well, with only about 8 weeks until this was supposed to go into effect, (according to the Costco Dolphin note) I sure hope that the Resort folks have been notified, and it would be really nice if they would let their guests know too....

Yes!! I think so, what date?
January 26-February 2

I got a unique offer code in the mail. I started a thread on the resort board with my different choices and yacht club is one at $312 which I thought was cheap. We are paying $386 for a standard room at bc this month.

A little bit of a late review...we were there on 9/20-9/22 before leaving for our cruise. Walking into the Beach Club lobby made me so happy :) Last year we stayed at the Yacht club, loved it and were upgraded to a great room but there is nothing like the Beach Club!!! We were upgraded to a water view from a standard "magical deal" room a few days before ( I saw it on my Disney experience app, never happened before that I see it before arriving :)
We had room 4563, pretty close to the quiet pool. Loved the room and the view. Everything was pretty amazing. There was no construction or painting at the entrance but some painting in the walkway to the buses. The main work we saw was in the corner building by the quiet pool. It looked like some serious work, more than painting and it was a bit noisy over there-those would be the only rooms I would avoid. We had a long but narrow balcony.

Attachments

• 70BF9249-A134-4610-BFB3-416A357AE205.jpeg
    70BF9249-A134-4610-BFB3-416A357AE205.jpeg
    67.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 9C6A14F5-7670-420A-8983-C17C5B7D161B.jpeg
    9C6A14F5-7670-420A-8983-C17C5B7D161B.jpeg
    101.3 KB · Views: 58
  • 8C5251AD-608A-4F8D-B3B7-0CD8FFAE1ADC.jpeg
    8C5251AD-608A-4F8D-B3B7-0CD8FFAE1ADC.jpeg
    78.2 KB · Views: 54
  • 56412A4D-1F58-48DC-BD82-7BD2A21F2BD5.jpeg
    56412A4D-1F58-48DC-BD82-7BD2A21F2BD5.jpeg
    133.7 KB · Views: 65
I think that's a great price...hold everything are you planing another DAH? LOL We're considering 2/28 but we would stay at the Contemporary. There is a magical deal for 3/7 at the Beach club and it is $425. I think we paid 319 this past September.

I think that's a great price...hold everything are you planing another DAH? LOL We're considering 2/28 but we would stay at the Contemporary. There is a magical deal for 3/7 at the Beach club and it is $425. I think we paid 319 this past September.
Haha how did you know? Yes we would go to the 2/28 DAH if we go. It’s such a fun event. We would see you there! Seems like the yacht club price is pretty good. People are trying to convince me to stay at BW instead though so we don’t know what we want to do.

The snake above was by the hot tub at the quiet pool!

Our yearly photo in the shallow area...lol
One last thing, the gentlemen greeter was amazing! Funny, personable and knowledgeable. I'm always sad that I missed Teena (our first trip was in 2015, shortly after her loss) but he was great!!!

Attachments

• 22D38A30-2759-44C9-BD46-282C19ABFFF8.jpeg
    22D38A30-2759-44C9-BD46-282C19ABFFF8.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 56
  • 916ACFE8-F485-4265-8C51-AE69A23FDB4F.jpeg
    916ACFE8-F485-4265-8C51-AE69A23FDB4F.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 53
  • A55598E0-23F3-481D-ABAA-7766337B270C.jpeg
    A55598E0-23F3-481D-ABAA-7766337B270C.jpeg
    103.1 KB · Views: 54
  • 349A6588-870C-41DB-8968-4B2AA585141E.jpeg
    349A6588-870C-41DB-8968-4B2AA585141E.jpeg
    85.3 KB · Views: 51
  • FA857867-F3C4-45A1-B31E-99E80A4BC4F3.jpeg
    FA857867-F3C4-45A1-B31E-99E80A4BC4F3.jpeg
    93.1 KB · Views: 53
Haha how did you know? Yes we would go to the 2/28 DAH if we go. It’s such a fun event. We would see you there! Seems like the yacht club price is pretty good. People are trying to convince me to stay at BW instead though so we don’t know what we want to do.
Are you thing thinking January or February for DAH? There's one 1/28 and one 2/28, we would do February 28.

We are home now from our Beach Club stay. My grandchildren had a wonderful time and that was what was important. The adults, not so much, as you can tell from my previous posts. We did use the Minnie Vans and they were wonderful! The busses were just awful. Never had an issue before, but the wait times were really long and the busses were crowded.

We did not find the parks that busy and were able to get a lot done. Once the whole fast pass thing was fixed it was better, but in the first 3 days it was a good thing my daughter-in-law had her paper work showing her purchased ones so they get on the rides.

Was not very impressed with the club level cast this trip at all. I think we will take a break from the Beach Club for the next family trip. My son has agreed to go back to the Boardwalk! My next 3 trips are at the Boardwalk, so I am a happy girl.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter