Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Well, it is the last day of our trip today. The kids have had fun and we are attending the Halloween party tonight. Our stay has been less than magical with so many problems with magic bands and the purchased fast passes not working. Very disappointed in how long it took to get things straight! My son wasted so much time waiting at the concierge desk upstairs and at guest services at the parks.

I finally called Guest Services and was told, “Well, he is on a cast rate room!” I was furious! Yes, the room is discounted, but he bought Military passes and PAID for the extra fast passes. I ended up sending an email while I was here and they did add extra anytime fastpssses to our rooms, but I was still mad.
Done booking cast rates for a while. Think I will stick with Military rates, will get treated better!

Well, it is the last day of our trip today. The kids have had fun and we are attending the Halloween party tonight. Our stay has been less than magical with so many problems with magic bands and the purchased fast passes not working. Very disappointed in how long it took to get things straight! My son wasted so much time waiting at the concierge desk upstairs and at guest services at the parks.

I finally called Guest Services and was told, “Well, he is on a cast rate room!” I was furious! Yes, the room is discounted, but he bought Military passes and PAID for the extra fast passes. I ended up sending an email while I was here and they did add extra anytime fastpssses to our rooms, but I was still mad.
Done booking cast rates for a while. Think I will stick with Military rates, will get treated better!

That is awful, no CM should ever say that to a guest! Like if you got a discount on the room you deserve problems or less than stellar service?? It's crazy expensive no matter what the discount, and that shouldn't matter anyway. I'm usually to lazy to actually write letters of complaint, etc, but that one needs to be fully reported so they can train that CM on how to handle situations appropriately!! I hope you remember his/her name!

Thank you so much for sharing these pictures!!!

May I use them for this thread if I need them?

Two questions- what is that orange drink in the dispenser? Are the small cartons of ice cream still offered in the lounge refrigerators?

Thanks, again!

:goodvibes

Sure you can use the pictures. The orange juice is "P.O.G." juice. It is Passion Fruit, Orange and Guava juices. It was my favorite juice they had out daily.

Unfortunately we did not see any ice cream in the refrigerators.

Thank you so much for sharing these pictures!!!

May I use them for this thread if I need them?

Two questions- what is that orange drink in the dispenser? Are the small cartons of ice cream still offered in the lounge refrigerators?

Thanks, again!

Sorry for the double response. If you want some more pictures you can check out my trip report (it is a work in progress. Got the pictures up now just need to fill in what we were doing). It has about 180 pictures of random things from our trip. If you think it could be helpful you can use it.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/disney-12-0-and-anniversary-9-0-shenanigans.3709451/

I called yesterday to ask a few questions about my trip next year before booking in the next few weeks and was talked into booking. So my trip is booked YAY!!! Sept 8th thru the 13, YC CL. So, far just me going, probably breaking up with my bf, so didn't want to add him and go thru that mess. Can always add someone else later.:love::love::love::love:
Well, small bump in the road, went to put in on the calendar at work and can't take that week. So I will be going my origianal week. Sept 15-20th

That is awful, no CM should ever say that to a guest! Like if you got a discount on the room you deserve problems or less than stellar service?? It's crazy expensive no matter what the discount, and that shouldn't matter anyway. I'm usually to lazy to actually write letters of complaint, etc, but that one needs to be fully reported so they can train that CM on how to handle situations appropriately!! I hope you remember his/her name!
I usually write a complimentary letter after every trip. I know most letters are complaint letters! This trip has been the worst ever, and we have been coming for many years. The discounts are getting fewer and sometimes the Military ones are better than the cast ones. I have always been afraid to “rock the boat “ on a cast discount, because you never know what might happen, but this time I was livid! The fast passes were the extra paid ones and the passes were not my cast guest passes. Well, it worked out for our last 2 days and we made the best of the rest of our trip. My grandchildren had fun and that was the point of the trip. Jim and I will be back in December, but we are at the Boardwalk Inn.

I usually write a complimentary letter after every trip. I know most letters are complaint letters! This trip has been the worst ever, and we have been coming for many years. The discounts are getting fewer and sometimes the Military ones are better than the cast ones. I have always been afraid to “rock the boat “ on a cast discount, because you never know what might happen, but this time I was livid! The fast passes were the extra paid ones and the passes were not my cast guest passes. Well, it worked out for our last 2 days and we made the best of the rest of our trip. My grandchildren had fun and that was the point of the trip. Jim and I will be back in December, but we are at the Boardwalk Inn.

Can I ask what happened with your paid Fastpasses?

Can I ask what happened with your paid Fastpasses?
My son paid for him, his wife and 3 children. The first day, only his wife’s worked, back to the resort and 45 minutes later supposedly all fixed. Next morning, again only his wife’s was working. This time she had all the print outs showing payments, letters, and MDE. Back at resort and tried fixing issue. I called guest services and was talked to so rudely, I hung up. He finally called someone and it was finally fixed, but what a mess. This was a thank you gift of a trip for my son for helping me deal with some recent health issues I had. I got a cast rate on the room, but he bought the passes and paired for the fast passes. Did not like the way he was treated by the cast at all. The only one empathetic to us was a manager Hope at the Stoneharbor Club, but she could only do so much.

We leave tomorrow for our one night stay near the airport, then we check in to Yacht Club on Saturday for a week! We have stayed at Beach Club, but this is our first stay at Yacht. We are so excited!!!! Have the Halloween mugs shown up yet at Yacht Club? I saw someone say they were at Boardwalk but not Beach last week.

My son paid for him, his wife and 3 children. The first day, only his wife’s worked, back to the resort and 45 minutes later supposedly all fixed. Next morning, again only his wife’s was working. This time she had all the print outs showing payments, letters, and MDE. Back at resort and tried fixing issue. I called guest services and was talked to so rudely, I hung up. He finally called someone and it was finally fixed, but what a mess. This was a thank you gift of a trip for my son for helping me deal with some recent health issues I had. I got a cast rate on the room, but he bought the passes and paired for the fast passes. Did not like the way he was treated by the cast at all. The only one empathetic to us was a manager Hope at the Stoneharbor Club, but she could only do so much.

Wow, that really is awful. Sorry to hear of your troubles and the way they handled it. Hopefully they made it right but that doesn’t change wasted vacation time that can be very precious!

Just left YC a few hours ago, love the room refurb. We were in room 5237, which I believe is the second to last room and a nice little hike to everything. They are working on the roof so if the sound of torches would be annoying for afternoon rests, you may want to request a room away from the action. I have no idea how long the work is planned to take. I had no problem whatsoever with the background noise and easily dozed through it one afternoon.
This is the view straight out:
upload_2018-10-4_20-52-36.jpeg

View looking down from balcony
upload_2018-10-4_20-59-50.jpeg

Are the small cartons of ice cream still offered in the lounge refrigerators?

The cartons of ice cream are in the YC lounge refrigerator this afternoon.

There are 6 guys working on the roof directly below our room right now. They are using a flamethrower. It really isn’t that loud- sounds like someone is taking a shower. Their talking is not as loud as people walking down the hall. We don’t think it is that bad.

Last edited:
I’ve been taking a little break from the Disboards because for the first time in about ten years, we were going to take a year off of our Disney trips. I just didn’t want to be reminded of what we were missing.

Well, as luck would have it, my daughter was just accepted for the Disney College Program for Spring Advantage!! Guess who just went from zero Disney trips to an annual pass? This girl!! I can’t wait to spend a little time at Yacht and Beach during her program. We love this resort, and we are so excited for our daughter’s opportunity! She will be working in merchandising, so her placement could be anywhere.

@natebenma We will be staying at both Beach Cub and Yacht Club! Dec 22-28th 2018 at Beach Club Club Level and April 20-28th 2019 at Yacht Club (waiting on 2019 Passholder discounts before we upgrade to Club Level) but we are excited to be at WDW during Christmas! We decided against the CL FP+ for our Christmas stay. I did them for 8 of our 10 days last month and honestly, I didn't feel it was worth the money. Our last 3 trips have been at The Contemporary. Excited to try something new!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter