Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Checked out today after an amazing (and very hot lol) week at YC. I have to say though, as much as I loved the vibe and the pool and the easy walk to Epcot (not so much HS, with all the construction and the crazy walkway detours), what I'll miss most is the lobby smell. I don't know what it was but it honestly might be my new favorite Disney smell.

Checked out today after an amazing (and very hot lol) week at YC. I have to say though, as much as I loved the vibe and the pool and the easy walk to Epcot (not so much HS, with all the construction and the crazy walkway detours), what I'll miss most is the lobby smell. I don't know what it was but it honestly might be my new favorite Disney smell.

We have found this to transport us back to our stays at YC.

https://magiccandlecompany.com/products/yacht

We just got home from our Yacht Club visit. Stayed in room 5227 (club level) and it was amazing. They were starting to do some roof work just below our room last Thursday but it wasn't very noticeable until Saturday (yesterday) morning when we were packing everything up to head home. I'm guessing since we weren't normally around between 9 am and 7 pm we didn't notice it until our last day.

We did utilize the pool and lounge a significant amount. Since it was pretty warm during our whole trip we hit up the pool around 1500/3:00 pm each day for an hour or so and then would stop and get an adult beverage before heading back to the parks around 1700/5:00 pm.

I've gotta get my pictures moved to my computer and will more than likely start my 1st ever trip report (in 12 trips). :)

We just got home from our Yacht Club visit. Stayed in room 5227 (club level) and it was amazing. They were starting to do some roof work just below our room last Thursday but it wasn't very noticeable until Saturday (yesterday) morning when we were packing everything up to head home. I'm guessing since we weren't normally around between 9 am and 7 pm we didn't notice it until our last day.

We did utilize the pool and lounge a significant amount. Since it was pretty warm during our whole trip we hit up the pool around 1500/3:00 pm each day for an hour or so and then would stop and get an adult beverage before heading back to the parks around 1700/5:00 pm.

I've gotta get my pictures moved to my computer and will more than likely start my 1st ever trip report (in 12 trips). :)
Glad you had a great stay! Looking forward to seeing your photos. If you get a chance, would you post a bit about evening appetizers?

Hello from:
Sign.jpg

We arrived early yesterday morning on our own private ME bus. We had received a text that our room wasn't quite ready while on the bus, but I still stopped by the desk let them know we were there. We went to the BCV quiet pool to take a nap. For those interested BCV has it's own concierge desk and between yesterday and today it has been staffed more than it hasn't. I don't know if you can check in there as it says concierge, and any time it has been staffed the person has been busy helping other guests, so I haven't had a chance to ask. The villas also had their own water dispenser today right by the elevators.

BCV desk.jpg BCV water.jpg

After our nap we went to Epcot. We went directly to the Festival center where we got our AP magnets (no line at ~10am) then my husband grabbed a beer (triple chocolate milk stout) while I stood in line for mimosas (key lime and blood orange) and an almond croissant. The croissant was just OK as were the mimosas, I prefer mimosas with a larger wine to juice ratio so these were not something I would go back for. The beer was good, but if you didn't tell me it was supposed to be chocolate I would not have known. We hit up a few booths before we left around noon. The only negative was that a lot of the frozen beverages were either not ready that early (shake from Ireland) or not even close to frozen yet (frozen caipirinha). We cooled off in The Solarium while I moved around our AK FPs since we were done with Epcot earlier than anticipated. I love the bus times in the app we walked over to the bus stop and waited less than 2 min for an AK bus. We hit Kali, did Everest single rider then used our Everest FP+ then went to Nomad lounge to cool down and I got an awesome lotus glow cube (I may be obsessed with glow cubes)! Around 1:10 or so we received our room ready text.
Glow Cube.jpg
Then we rode Navi and went back to the buses. We waited 10-15 min for a bus to arrive and then we were off to our room.

I like the view from our room, but this is NOT a location that I would choose, although it has been better than I anticipated, once we leave the room I will post the number and my concerns with it. The room was very clean and I am in love with the Murphy bed, it is so cute and I would find it comfortable as an adult female if I needed to sleep on it. I love the newer BCV rooms, we have not stayed since the renovation and the room seems so much bigger than previously. Let me know if you have questions about studio amenities I have pics, to note we had real mugs and glasses as well as disposable cups.
BCV view.jpg

We did Yachtsman for dinner, which was delicious, and we both agreed was our favorite Yachtsman meal to date. We then went to Jellyrolls which was so much fun, we have been meaning to get there but have never made it, and now we are hooked, will definitely be back!

My husband did the Beignet Dash at POFQ this morning, he said it was fun and about 5 runners and 7 walkers, I anticipate the Regatta run being similar, so I wouldn't worry about participating if you aren't a fast runner, the only time this ratio would likely change is around RunDisney events. We had brunch at CA grill (delicious) and now I am back at SAB while my husband naps (no issue finding a shaded lounger, it is quite quiet here). Tonight is the Halloween party so if anyone is there and sees a guy in a figment shirt and ears and a woman in a Spaceship Earth dress, say hi!!!

View from our table:
CA Grill view.jpg

Random thoughts: CMs at BC and BCV have been so friendly, awesome experiences thus far. The Marketplace is very loud and chaotic, although they have a cold brew coffee dispenser that I have never seen before (pic below). I personally prefer the new CS at Yacht club, it is less chaotic and I think they have better food.

BCV cold brew.jpg

I have not seen the October activities calendar yet, hopefully I can post that tomorrow if no one gets to it first. No Halloween mugs at BC or YC or Contemporary.

Only downside of this trip thus far is the heat, it is really hot! Have not seen any swarms of lovebugs, a couple here and there but nothing that has been annoying or concerning, if I wasn't specifically looking for them due to another thread here I would not have noticed at all.

Let me know if anyone has any specific questions, we are here until Wednesday.

Here is the October calendar, sorry it is so wrinkly it was in my pool bag.

October Calendar.jpg

I also had to stop by the BCV concierge to fix a MB and he said that they can do check in but it isn't the preference, and that if you have to have your MBs shipped to the resort they will not be here, only at the main BC desk.

Does anyone know what the Beach/Yacht Club does on Halloween for trick or treating? We've been there in the past on Halloween and have seen something set up outside, in the Beaches and Cream area, with a few characters. Wondering if this still happens. This is our first time taking our 3 year old grandson!

Does anyone know what the Beach/Yacht Club does on Halloween for trick or treating? We've been there in the past on Halloween and have seen something set up outside, in the Beaches and Cream area, with a few characters. Wondering if this still happens. This is our first time taking our 3 year old grandson!

This is the info I was hoping to see. I guess that has not been released yet? Last year I thought I read about pumpkin decorating contests and kits you could purchase like tie dyeing Mickey Mouse, if I'm staying at Wilderness Lodge can I pay for these events?

This is the info I was hoping to see. I guess that has not been released yet? Last year I thought I read about pumpkin decorating contests and kits you could purchase like tie dyeing Mickey Mouse, if I'm staying at Wilderness Lodge can I pay for these events?
There will be Halloween activities at the resorts that are free to everyone, not just guests of that resort. :) If they have any activities that you have to pay for then anyone can purchase them, not just guests of that resort. :)

There will be Halloween activities at the resorts that are free to everyone, not just guests of that resort. :) If they have any activities that you have to pay for then anyone can purchase them, not just guests of that resort. :)

How exciting!

Does anyone have the Halloween Calendar? I made dinner reservations at the Contemporary California Grill and staying at Wilderness Lodge, solo. I want to plan my Halloween night! :cheer2:

We had a wonderful time at Beach Club last weekend! We booked a standard room and were upgraded to a garden/woods view room, #7598. The location was perfect! It was right around the corner from the elevator. We were in the same wing as the "secret" exit/entrance, and we used that door coming to and from Epcot. It was a very quick walk, and baggage check at the International Gateway is super easy and painless. We had a full balcony that overlooked a small flowerbed. The Tidal Pool was not too far away. The room is in the corner of an L, so you can't lay on the bed naked with the shades open. ;)
The only odd thing was that housekeeping never came to our room the entire weekend. We did not request to forgo housekeeping, and we were not staying in a DVC room, so I'm not sure what happened there. It wasn't too big a deal as we only stayed Friday-Monday, but if we had stayed a week I would have said something.
We are officially resort snobs now. I want to stay at Beach Club every time!

How exciting!

Does anyone have the Halloween Calendar? I made dinner reservations at the Contemporary California Grill and staying at Wilderness Lodge, solo. I want to plan my Halloween night! :cheer2:

:welcome: to posting on this forum!

I haven't seen the list of Halloween activities for this year. As soon as I do, I will post it on this thread. Check Page 1, Post 4 where I post the monthly activities schedules.

Last year, I took a picture of the upcoming activities while passing through the lobby about few days before the holiday.

THIS IS A LISTING OF HALLOWEEN ACTIVITIES IN 2017:

Halloween 2017.JPG

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS IS 2017, NOT THIS YEAR ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:
:welcome: to posting on this forum!

I haven't seen the list of Halloween activities for this year. As soon as I do, I will post it on this thread. Check Page 1, Post 4 where I post the monthly activities schedules.

Last year, I took a picture of the upcoming activities while passing through the lobby about few days before the holiday.

THIS IS A LISTING OF HALLOWEEN ACTIVITIES IN 2017!!!

View attachment 355121

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THIS IS 2017, NOT THIS YEAR ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and posting last years Halloween info. I've been posting on several Resort threads trying to find out where the contests and/or crafts are on Halloween night. I know they do this, just not sure where. Hopefully other's will post too about their resorts. I really want to plan for a stress free, fun, crafty and creative night!

Thank you so much for your warm hospitality! You rock! :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for the warm welcome and posting last years Halloween info. I've been posting on several Resort threads trying to find out where the contests and/or crafts are on Halloween night. I know they do this, just not sure where. Hopefully other's will post too about their resorts. I really want to plan for a stress free, fun, crafty and creative night!

We were at POR last year a few days before Halloween and they were having a big party with music and food for sale. There were activities at the pool and there may have been other fun things to do. There should be something fun going on at Wilderness Lodge. :) You might want to check out Fort Wilderness while you are there. Some of the campsites go all out to decorate for Halloween.

Where are you staying?

I'm staying at Wilderness Lodge, that's where I love being year after year. This time I'll be going solo, so I am wide open to experience things that interest me! Me, me me! Yep! :flower1:

We were at POR last year a few days before Halloween and they were having a big party with music and food for sale. There were activities at the pool and there may have been other fun things to do. There should be something fun going on at Wilderness Lodge. :) You might want to check out Fort Wilderness while you are there. Some of the campsites go all out to decorate for Halloween.

I know they offer fun things at Wilderness Lodge and Ft. Wilderness, I've seen them during our trips. So I'm thinking outside the Wilderness.
I arrive on Oct. 29th and plan on going to Poly Resort - I have NEVER been there! I want to check out the shops, Trader Sams, take a tour of the resort, grab dinner and watch the fireworks on the beach. This is set in stone! I've read the music is piped in too. ::yes::
Oct 30th is my birthday and I'll be spending it at MNSSHP with my buddy!
Oct 31st I'll have lunch with my friends, they will be going to MNSSHP but I'm not. Painting on De’ Bayou sounds really really nice! I will call to find out more info. and I'll continue to search until I know all my options.

Thanks for helping me out. :thumbsup2

We had a wonderful time at Beach Club last weekend! We booked a standard room and were upgraded to a garden/woods view room, #7598. The location was perfect! It was right around the corner from the elevator. We were in the same wing as the "secret" exit/entrance, and we used that door coming to and from Epcot. It was a very quick walk, and baggage check at the International Gateway is super easy and painless. We had a full balcony that overlooked a small flowerbed. The Tidal Pool was not too far away. The room is in the corner of an L, so you can't lay on the bed naked with the shades open. ;)
The only odd thing was that housekeeping never came to our room the entire weekend. We did not request to forgo housekeeping, and we were not staying in a DVC room, so I'm not sure what happened there. It wasn't too big a deal as we only stayed Friday-Monday, but if we had stayed a week I would have said something.
We are officially resort snobs now. I want to stay at Beach Club every time!
I feel like I've seen a ton of people on here getting upgraded to a better room lately. We booked standard for our October stay and I really want an upgrade, but I don't want to get my hopes up. We've never been given an upgrade going to WDW and we've gone for our honeymoon and every anniversary since lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter