Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

If it were me, I would Uber from POFQ to Beach Club. Take all luggage, or at the very least a bag of stuff for later in the day. Leave bags with Bell Services. Walk over to Epcot.

Yes, DO THIS. It is so much more convenient, and you don't have to worry about your luggage. It is worth whatever the cost of the car is. We usually take a late flight because it's so much cheaper, stay at Pop, then transfer by Uber (or a taxi) to the BC at the crack of dawn. I think you can check in as early as 6:30 (am I right?). Leave your luggage and check in at the front desk. That way, the check in process is done without any lines, you know your luggage is waiting for you, and you can ask about your room requests before you even get to the park. Enjoy walking to Epcot - one of the best things about the BC!

I always remind those on a split stay to go to the front desk of their first resort to check out before checking in to the next resort - it can really screw things up if you don't.

I'm so excited! We have a trip from Oct 24-29 planned for the Epcot AP after hours event, TSL EMM, MNSSHP, and F&W. Obviously with those plans the epcot area would be ideal, but there wasn't anything available at all for the past month or two (we planned late). I booked AKL with a great AP rate, but that's just not nearly as convenient for our Epcot and DHS heavy trip. Today I happened to look, and a BCV studio showed available! I called Citi Concierge to book it for me and they were even able to apply the Holiday Room Offer, which saved a little money (I wasn't seeing that as an option). It's more overall, but worth it to walk to those parks and be able to pop in and out or Epcot and DHS! Plus it will now be easy to hit Epcot 4 times for my Cutting Board :D.

So now I realize, I know nothing about the villas, just the hotel. I understand the differences in the rooms themselves, but I need some advice on views/requests. What would be a good request for a view from a studio villa? We won't be in the room as much this trip, so it isn't super important, but I would still like to avoid a road or parking lot, dumpster, etc and possibly find out if there is any hidden gem view to request and hope for? Thoughts, opinions, advice appreciated!

Just happy to be in the Epcot resort area!
Views are not a strength of the BCV. There really aren't any special views. It was built on the former CM parking lot and sits behind the BC. I don't know what the "requestable" views are now, but I do know you can not request an Epcot view. There is a water view, which is the Dunes Cove pool, or the canal. But a canal water view is also often a road view, with early morning bus traffic many hate. Their is a woods view which looks toward the high fireworks of Epcot.
We LOVE the BCV. I usually just request a high floor, near elevator. I have never had a Villa I hated. That said, the BCV's run at nearly 99% occupancy. We seldom, if ever, get in early and often don't get anything close to our requests.

Views are not a strength of the BCV. There really aren't any special views. It was built on the former CM parking lot and sits behind the BC. I don't know what the "requestable" views are now, but I do know you can not request an Epcot view. There is a water view, which is the Dunes Cove pool, or the canal. But a canal water view is also often a road view, with early morning bus traffic many hate. Their is a woods view which looks toward the high fireworks of Epcot.
We LOVE the BCV. I usually just request a high floor, near elevator. I have never had a Villa I hated. That said, the BCV's run at nearly 99% occupancy. We seldom, if ever, get in early and often don't get anything close to our requests.

Just wondering, what do you mean by "requestable" views? Why couldn't you request any view, including an Epcot view if it exists? We won't be landing at MCO until 5:15, so less chance of early check in won't be an issue, and I have heard how DVC resorts have less chance of getting requests, but I've never gone to Disney without requesting something (we don't always get it, for sure) so I figured I would this time also. I am glad view isn't important for us this trip, since we will be gone from the room more than usual. I looked on touring plans, and it looks like the Epcot views might also be pretty direct road views, so I don't think I would have that as a first choice anyway, unless I'm missing something?

Just wondering, what do you mean by "requestable" views? Why couldn't you request any view, including an Epcot view if it exists? We won't be landing at MCO until 5:15, so less chance of early check in won't be an issue, and I have heard how DVC resorts have less chance of getting requests, but I've never gone to Disney without requesting something (we don't always get it, for sure) so I figured I would this time also. I am glad view isn't important for us this trip, since we will be gone from the room more than usual. I looked on touring plans, and it looks like the Epcot views might also be pretty direct road views, so I don't think I would have that as a first choice anyway, unless I'm missing something?

I believe the op meant to say "bookable" rather than "requestable" views. You can request a room to your heart's content, but the views are not bookable at BCV. BTW, I have only once received a requested location at BCV for a deluxe studio. :headache:

I believe the op meant to say "bookable" rather than "requestable" views. You can request a room to your heart's content, but the views are not bookable at BCV. BTW, I have only once received a requested location at BCV for a deluxe studio. :headache:
Actually I did mean “ requestable”. No view is” bookable ” at BCV.
Obviously I didn’t say it well. Of course you can list anything you wish. But they no longer recognize “Epcot View”. Historically you could choose that and there were Villas that met that criteria. This is no linger the case.
Personally we enjoy the pool view. But it comes with a risk of a road view.
We own at BCV. We go just about annually. We no longer request a view.

Just got upgraded to Club Level!!!! I’m so excited! I cried at check in :) Any tips for those who have stayed CL before?

Congrats! Which resort are you at? Not sure what dining plans you have, but the breakfast & especially the evening appetizers have been taken up a notch this year. I would say definitely take advantage of those. And I love the resort specific juice that is available in the afternoon. I think it is called StormAlong Breeze. So good! Have a great time! :goodvibes

Hi all. We'll be taking our second family trip to Disney this coming April, 2019. First time staying at Beach Club. I booked a standard room, standard view, but our travel agent was able to upgrade us to Deluxe Room for 83$ less. I'm very excited, but not exactly sure what the difference is in rooms. Any insight? It's not club level.
There are 5 of us going. me, husband, 2 kids (8 and 6) and my mom.

Thanks!

Congrats! Which resort are you at? Not sure what dining plans you have, but the breakfast & especially the evening appetizers have been taken up a notch this year. I would say definitely take advantage of those. And I love the resort specific juice that is available in the afternoon. I think it is called StormAlong Breeze. So good! Have a great time! :goodvibes
Thanks! We are at BC. Loving it!

Thanks! We are at BC. Loving it!

We stay at YC, but I think the food offerings are the same at both. Watch for crepes with strawberries, chocolate & whipped cream at breakfast, short ribs with mashed potatoes & salmon with grains in the evening & the warm apple pie & chocolate mickey desserts. Those are some of my favorite things.
Enjoy!

Just got upgraded to Club Level!!!! I’m so excited! I cried at check in :) Any tips for those who have stayed CL before?

Congrats!!!

If you make a purchase in the parks (and Disney Springs, I believe), you can have it sent to the resort and it will be delivered directly to your room instead of to the gift shop.

:goodvibes

Arrived at BC about 5:15 yesterday and brought right upstairs to begin our checking. My son, a party of 5 did not get a room with a day bed, but that was very quickly fixed by them. Had dinner in the lounge actually, kids ate Mac and cheese, grown ups ate salad, seafood rolls and my husband made sandwiches out of the cold cuts and rolls. We then walked over to Epcot to activate Military Salute passes and buy the military photo pass and back to get a good night sleep for the kids.
We are off to the Studios today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter