Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We stayed a single night in April ore-cruise over at WL. Well, we booked a standard View lodge room. They put us in a 1-bedroom Copper Creek. That was pretty crazy. Then this! We’ve done Disney vacations in the past. Loads of times. Until these 2 upgrades it’s never happened to us. With such short stays I think it increases the odds quite a bit.
That is amazing? Did you have anything noted on your reservation, or was this just pure pixie dust?

For people commenting on hoping for an upgrade -- these people got upgraded, but note the short length of their reservations.

We booked one night at Poly in June (part of a split stay) and were upgraded from TPV to CL TPV. I even told DH before the trip that if we were ever going to be upgraded to CL, it would be that trip bc it's only one night! Sure enough we were. I wish it had been more than one night but it was still amazing and we were grateful! Once at BC we were upgraded from SV to GV for an 8 night stay.

For people commenting on hoping for an upgrade -- these people got upgraded, but note the short length of their reservations.
Exactly! The upgrade we had at WL was a single night. This upgrade is only 2 nights. We cruise more than parks for vacation nowadays so our resort stays are typically very short.

We got an upgrade on a reservation at the BC that was supposed to be cancelled. Long story short, we stayed at the YC for 5 nights and were going to stay at the BC for 2 nights, but were unable. Come to find out that if we had stayed at the BC, our gv room was upgraded to club level. Sad, but true.

We were at the Beach Club from 8/25 - 9/2. We arrived to the airport around 1:00 and headed right to Magical Express. Unfortunately, we had to wait a good 20-30 min for our bus. Once we were on the bus, I received a text that our room was not yet ready and we'd receive another text when it was. We arrived at the Beach Club and were promptly greeted - this was lovely. We changed out of our pants into shorts and dropped our carry ons at Luggage Services and headed for Epcot. We got as far as the UK and decided it looked like rain and we should eat. We had a short wait for a walk up at Rose and Crown and heaven unleashed. While eating - around 4:30 or so we finally got the room ready text! It was 2633 - which meant nothing to me at the time. The rain had slowed considerably so we paid our check and headed back to the room via the secret entrance. Little did we know how far away our room would be, LOL!

2633 is a garden view room. We booked a standard, so this was an upgrade for us. It has a full balcony that overlooks the walkway to the lobby (and a tiny corner of SAB). This room is insanely conveniently located for the lobby! We loved being on the second floor and just taking the steps up from the lobby, pass the elevators and there is the room. Fantastic! This room is also handicapped accessible - with handrails in the bathroom but a full tub. This room has two queens and no daybed which was fine for our family of 3. It has a connecting door and only one night was the room next door exceptionally loud. Otherwise, the room was pretty quiet. Our room was kept clean, had the blackout curtains, and was very comfortable. The only issue was we requested tea via a note to the housekeepers and it was never left. DH had to call the front desk for it - they brought it up, but that was a TINY bit annoying. I wouldn't hesitate to book this room again and would totally pay extra if I could be certain to have this room or one of its neighbors.

Overall, our stay was fantastic. We found the buses BACK from MK, AK, Disney Springs to be atrocious. I will be writing in the next couple days to the GM about it - it was that bad. We consistently waited longer than any other resort and often observed two or three busses to Swolphin or Boardwalk (and many others - including values and moderates) in the time it would take for our bus to come. I'm truly not a complainer, but this was craziness! The bus arrival screens at the resort and on the app was working flawlessly for us, so I think that made the pain of waiting even worse. If I knew when the bus was coming, I would have had a much nicer experience. Not to mention there is no attendant in the parks to even ask to get an idea or get a bus sent to the parks. That was very disappointing.

We did experience some construction on the opposite side of the walkway from our room. It wasn't noisy or instructive, but it was noticeable.

We had a fantastic time for the first few days of Food & Wine and staying at the Epcot resorts for that was truly magical. We had SO MUCH fun and would not hesitate to stay there again.

ETA:
I also remembered that the shower was very strange. I assume it was because of the handicapped accessibility - it was a removable showerhead that was positioned very high. It kinda sprayed me in the face instead of the head due to the angle.
Here are a couple pictures:
YYdTFt.jpg

1x4jzM.jpg

qKXYjP.jpg

IAA3Ff.jpg

Last edited:
Yikes! The past 3 pages have been about construction, and I am more than worried for our trip starting on 9/21 at BC villas. When I booked I specifically asked about construction, bummer.

So it sounds like roof construction? Yacht and Beach club? Villas too? ARG! Oh well. Can’t win em all I guess.

We ate dinner at Crews Cup last night and then walked through the BC. There is scaffolding up by the quiet pool, right by the doors to the building. The door that is closest to the small elevator was closed. But the door that leads from the quiet pool into the section of the building closest to Epcot was open. The quiet pool was open, too.

We didn't see any construction going on. I think they are just finishing up the painting at the BC.

Last edited:
Absolutely! I definitely noticed this. It’s really the reason I’m somewhat concerned about taking my kids to YC. I don’t want them to negatively affect others vacations if they’re noisy.
Really I think it’s just that I’m getting older and my kids are getting older so I may be getting less tolerant of the noise and activity.

We have been staying at Yacht Club since my oldest was 3. Now with 2 kiddos (11 and 5) it remains our favorite resort. We really enjoy coming home and it not being hectic. We venture over to BC to explore and it always amazes me how crazy it can be over there.

Oh, and our experience is the YC is picked up first on the park bus routes.

Last edited:
Hi. Sadly we need to be off list for May 2020. Just got a pretty big blow from the dentist and I need to pay for implants, which unfortunately are double the cost of a WDW trip!

Looks like we can't go until 2021 now. :(

Have fun everybody!

Hi. Sadly we need to be off list for May 2020. Just got a pretty big blow from the dentist and I need to pay for implants, which unfortunately are double the cost of a WDW trip!

Looks like we can't go until 2021 now. :(

Have fun everybody!

Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear this.

Hugs.

:hug:

We have been staying at Yacht Club since my oldest was 3. Now with 2 kiddos (11 and 5) it remains our favorite resort. We really enjoy coming home and it not being hectic. We venture over to BC to explore and it always amazes me how crazy it can be over there.

Oh, and our experience is the YC is picked up first on the park bus routes.
We would’ve picked YC for October but we booked through a TA and all she had was BC. I’m still really excited though!

Page 1315

We just got back from an amazing stay at Beach Club. It was our first deluxe resort stay and I don't see how it's possible to go back to Value or Moderate. We booked a bounceback for a stay at Yacht Club for next September with free dining.

:welcome:

So glad to hear you loved your stay.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for next year.

:cool1:

Just left the Beach Club.

*snip*

Thank you all for all the info given in this thread and all the advice and answers to my questions. I’ll likely be back here in 2019 in preparation for our 2020 trip!!

Thank you so much for your review and comments.

:thumbsup2

So... After planning our vacation for almost 1 year (will be a year once it starts) my DW just realized we are staying CL at YC. We are going Sept. 22nd thru Sept 29th. It is our 9th anniversary trip. Bless her heart for not paying attention. :rotfl2: Her friend is going the same time that we are and saw a CL Standard view AP discount at YC available so she changed her reservation from garden view at BC to the YC CL with an Standard View. When we booked our trip I got a great discount on a Water View CL at YC and told her what I was doing. 9.75 days before we leave and she just now realized it.

:welcome: back, congratulations on your anniversary and thank you for your service!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Wow, sneaky keeping the club level news from your wife for so long. What a fantastic surprise!

:cool1:

I just got back from a great stay at BC. We were booked in a villa and had a great location on the main floor. I absolutely loved it until I had to sleep in the pull out couch. We brought foam bed toppers and it did not help at all. Around midnight of our second night I went to the desk and they moved us to a queen room with a daybed. It was amazing! Great stay, great people and beautiful resort!

Glad you enjoyed your stay, and that the issue with the sleeping accommodations was solved to your satisfaction.

::yes::

At the airport, waiting for our flight home :(

This was our first visit and our stay was amazing. The room was perfect (2154), close to elevators and overlooking the gazebo. The CM have been lovely, really great people. Tuesday, rain was on its way and there were the CM with a big basket of towels, waiting by the doors, to offer guests when they came in from the rain! There’s always a big dispenser of ice cold lemon water waiting for those who were parched.

The pool is fabulous and dinner at Yachtsman was so good we went 2x! Our waiter, Thomas was attentive, friendly and knowledgeable! He even gave us a hug on the way out!

All in all a wonderful vacation!

I'm so pleased to hear you had a fantastic trip.

Do you happen to have any pictures of the view from your room?

I once had a room at the Beach Club that was on the second floor, just off the lobby. Loved it! As you said, incredibly convenient.

:goodvibes

Last edited:
Oh, no! I'm so sorry to hear this.

Hugs.

:hug:

Thanks. I'm pretty devastated, not just by postponing trip, but scared of my upcoming surgeries.
They discovered I have a genetic bone issue with my teeth that's just now causing me issues in my 40's. Unfortunately insurance for dental issues is severely lacking. No one considers teeth issues as part of normal healthcare, so, we pay. :(

But, I'll get through, and in the end we will go back to Disney with me having a pretty, healthy smile!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!