Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thanks, Shoreward.... I guess I'd qualify as a "senior" since I'm retired, and also have bad back, and knees.... so, I wonder who would know the official word... I'll try guest services... the worst they can say is "no they aren't allowed" but it seems that if some are using them, maybe it's not enforced. :D
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/restricted-personal-items/
This FAQ states folding chairs are not allowed, not specifically canes with chairs. But they are less steady than a chair. I have read reports of them not being allowed, but I di not have personal experience.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting the September activity schedule, Dee. I’m happy to see the changing of the guard listed. They weren’t doing it when we were there in April. I think it’s a really fun part of the day & make sure the see it at least once when we’re there.

Only 5 more sleeps!! :cool1:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/faq/parks/restricted-personal-items/
This FAQ states folding chairs are not allowed, not specifically canes with chairs. But they are less steady than a chair. I have read reports of them not being allowed, but I di not have personal experience.

I have seen quite a few posts on the Disabilities board over the years of these not being allowed, and that those that have gotten past security with them have been told that they can't use them when CMs see them in use in the parks, it is also the general consensus that they are not stable enough for use in the crowds at WDW, and I believe I have even read of one person breaking an arm while using one when the thing fell over underneath them.

Thanks to all who responded about the canes w/seat. I have written to guest services to ask for the official word, and will share with the group when they reply.

I can see both sides of this, and only wish there was a better solution for those of us with "issues," but not severe enough to require EVC, rollater or wheelchair.

And speaking of the detour, is the new path pretty clearly marked? I’ve seen pictures of the new route, but I’m pretty directionally challenged and want to make sure it will tell me where I’m going. LOL

Kiddo doesn't like anything carbonated, so the mug is not usually of value for us, though we get them with the dining plan of course, when we get that. I see that Beach Club has the coke freestyle machines, that includes dasani flavored water? And I think some fruit punch and lemonade? I googled coke freestyle machines but have never used one before so just wanted to check! That would be a game changer for kiddo. Thanks!

Kiddo doesn't like anything carbonated, so the mug is not usually of value for us, though we get them with the dining plan of course, when we get that. I see that Beach Club has the coke freestyle machines, that includes dasani flavored water? And I think some fruit punch and lemonade? I googled coke freestyle machines but have never used one before so just wanted to check! That would be a game changer for kiddo. Thanks!

Yes flavored water! My kids are not huge soda drinkers and my oldest was in heaven with the flavored water. After 5 nights we moved to the Poly so she was trying to get her fill!

Here is the response I received about the cane chairs:

Dear Jeanne,

Thank you for the opportunity to provide you service.

Here are the official Park rules, which makes exception to the folding seat that can be used as mobility aids.

• Folding chairs, except certain portable seats that can be used as mobility aids

Certain items are not permitted in the Theme Parks and Disney Springs® area.

This includes, but is not limited to:

• Recreational devices such as drones, remote control toys, wagons, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, and shoes with built-in wheels
  • Segways
  • Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair, or stroller
  • Two-wheeled or three-wheeled conveyances
  • Strollers larger than 36" x 52" (92 x 132 cm), which mirrors the rental stroller sizes
  • Suitcases, coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" (61 cm) long x 15" (38 cm) wide 18" (46 cm ) high, which mirrors the large locker sizes
  • Coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations
  • Weapons of any kind, or objects that appear to be weapons
  • Alcoholic beverages and any illegal substances
  • Folding chairs, except certain portable seats that can be used as mobility aids
  • Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
  • Pets are not allowed. Service animals are permitted, and should remain on a leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times. Due to the nature of some attractions, service animals may not be permitted to ride certain attractions.
  • At Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park (for the safety of the wildlife), balloons, straws, and lids are not permitted.
If you have further questions, please visit our website to review our park rules:Park Rules

†********
So the way I read it, they are allowed

Here is the response I received about the cane chairs:

Dear Jeanne,

Here are the official Park rules, which makes exception to the folding seat that can be used as mobility aids.

Certain items are not permitted in the Theme Parks and Disney Springs® area.

This includes, but is not limited to:

• Recreational devices such as drones, remote control toys, wagons, skateboards, scooters, inline skates, and shoes with built-in wheels
  • Segways
  • Any trailer-like object that is pushed or towed by an ECV, wheelchair, or stroller
  • Two-wheeled or three-wheeled conveyances
  • Strollers larger than 36" x 52" (92 x 132 cm), which mirrors the rental stroller sizes
  • Suitcases, coolers, or backpacks with or without wheels larger than 24" (61 cm) long x 15" (38 cm) wide 18" (46 cm ) high, which mirrors the large locker sizes
  • Coolers required for medication may be stored in a locker or at Guest Relations
  • Weapons of any kind, or objects that appear to be weapons
  • Alcoholic beverages and any illegal substances
  • Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
  • Pets are not allowed. Service animals are permitted, and should remain on a leash or in a harness and under the control of the owner at all times. Due to the nature of some attractions, service animals may not be permitted to ride certain attractions.
  • At Disney's Animal Kingdom® Theme Park (for the safety of the wildlife), balloons, straws, and lids are not permitted.
If you have further questions, please visit our website to review our park rules:Park Rules

†********

So the way I read it, they are allowed

Thanks so much for following up and getting official clarification, as well as additional info on what is/is not allowed in the parks!

Just back from a quick long weekend trip at YC.

Booked water view with an AP discount with only a couple weeks notice. Didn’t do any phone requests, but did do a generic Touring Plans fax request for a king bed.

Got room 4137, in the corner looking straight out to the marina and down to the gazebo. King bed, shower, no daybed. Huge balcony, but not very private since balconies to the left looked almost directly into ours, and the side of the balcony opened onto a courtyard and the hallway windows in the next wing. Very close to elevators, which was great for getting in/out but not so great if you’re not a rope dropper (elevator dings every time the door opens, and many people talk very loudly in the hall while waiting for it). Not a bad room overall, though, and it would be perfect for a couple with a toddler in a pack and play since the lack of a daybed left a ton of extra floor space.

And speaking of the detour, is the new path pretty clearly marked? I’ve seen pictures of the new route, but I’m pretty directionally challenged and want to make sure it will tell me where I’m going. LOL

We were just there last week and the path is indeed clearly marked. There are makeshift "walls" up so there is really no way to get confused on the route. I'm grateful they didn't close the route during this construction work, but just beware that it's definitely a longer walk than normal!

We just got home from having the mugs at BC and honestly my whole family loved these machines!! My 2 DDs easily picked up on finding what they like and that ranged from strawberry lemonade to flavored water, they have vitamin water and plain water too if you want that (Dasani). We will always get mugs in the future at the resorts that have these machines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts