Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone know how late the pool stays open these days? Planning on an evening swim the day we arrive (in less than two weeks!!! :yay:).

Thanks!
Posted hours for 8/17-8/24 were until 11 PM. I’m not sure how much they shift the hours from week to week but I’d guess at least 10 PM is a reasonable bet for your stay.

I didn’t notice any guests walking at all but I will be honest, I wasn’t looking (too busy keeping a hawk eye on my 2 yo because he chose the week we were there to demonstrate his ability to slide out of the stroller’s shoulder straps).

We were never on a boat that was crowded. More than once we had the entire boat to ourselves. I’m not sure what the boats looked like for those trying to get there right when HS opened but we took a 7:30/ 8 AM boat (we were at the park by 8:15) and there was plenty of room.

I know many people say they are making the walk and it’s not an issue and so on- that wasn’t the case for us (me, DH, 11 yo, 14 yo, and 2 yo in stroller). We regularly walk all over NYC so it isn’t like we just aren’t used to walking. That 20 minute walk has absolutely no shade and no breeze. Just the walk from the HS exit to the bus pickup area was enough for me to say I’m not making the walk all the way to BC from HS. Maybe in cooler weather or if it’s not so sunny out, it’s not as bad. I didn’t make the walk before the route was shifted so
I can’t compare the difference.
Thank you! That helps a lot!

I didn’t notice any guests walking at all but I will be honest, I wasn’t looking (too busy keeping a hawk eye on my 2 yo because he chose the week we were there to demonstrate his ability to slide out of the stroller’s shoulder straps).

We were never on a boat that was crowded. More than once we had the entire boat to ourselves. I’m not sure what the boats looked like for those trying to get there right when HS opened but we took a 7:30/ 8 AM boat (we were at the park by 8:15) and there was plenty of room.

I know many people say they are making the walk and it’s not an issue and so on- that wasn’t the case for us (me, DH, 11 yo, 14 yo, and 2 yo in stroller). We regularly walk all over NYC so it isn’t like we just aren’t used to walking. That 20 minute walk has absolutely no shade and no breeze. Just the walk from the HS exit to the bus pickup area was enough for me to say I’m not making the walk all the way to BC from HS. Maybe in cooler weather or if it’s not so sunny out, it’s not as bad. I didn’t make the walk before the route was shifted so
I can’t compare the difference.

While we were definitely on crowded boats, I'd agree with the rest. Our boat TO the park wasn't crowded even when we were trying to get there at park opening, but the boats back from DHS were crowded.

It was just SO hot that we didn't want to waste our park energy on making the walk. I did watch to see how many people were making the walk and there were a few hardy folks walking but not many.

While we were definitely on crowded boats, I'd agree with the rest. Our boat TO the park wasn't crowded even when we were trying to get there at park opening, but the boats back from DHS were crowded.

It was just SO hot that we didn't want to waste our park energy on making the walk. I did watch to see how many people were making the walk and there were a few hardy folks walking but not many.
Yeah, and that's when our feet and legs complain the loudest. Standing and waiting or walking is equally painful!

Yeah, and that's when our feet and legs complain the loudest. Standing and waiting or walking is equally painful!

Oh my goodness yes! I said that to DH and DD many times on the trip - moving often felt better than the STANDING and WAITING at the end of our park days!

When my back hurts, standing and waiting is much worse than walking.

If I were impatient (which those who know me would say is 99.99% of the time), I probably would Uber/Lyft to Hollywood Studios. Whether I would do it to get back to the hotel would depend on the location of the Uber/Lyft pick up and drop off point at Hollywood Studios on that day.

People are commenting on the DHS boat issue over on the Boardwalk thread, so people here might want to check out that thread as well.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...las-information-and-questions-thread.3344344/

Definitely more crowded on the return trip, and that’s always been the case for us even with the busses. I’m with you- I’d rather deal with waiting for a boat and squishing in than walk back even in that case.

The real killer for me is waiting for Fireworks shows... Between arthritic knees and back, it's pretty bad. I've often wondered about those canes you can get with a little fold down seat. Not for long time use, but might be better than living on ibuprofen and Tylenol but a pain to carry around all day....:tilt:

The real killer for me is waiting for Fireworks shows... Between arthritic knees and back, it's pretty bad. I've often wondered about those canes you can get with a little fold down seat. Not for long time use, but might be better than living on ibuprofen and Tylenol but a pain to carry around all day....:tilt:

Hey, I was wondering about those canes with fold down seats, too! Someone gave me one as a gag gift before I had a bad back. Now I wonder if I could take it to Disney World as long as I don't try to take it on a ride.

Hey, I was wondering about those canes with fold down seats, too! Someone gave me one as a gag gift before I had a bad back. Now I wonder if I could take it to Disney World as long as I don't try to take it on a ride.
Yeah, i think it would be pretty tough to get on a ride... I think they take/store all canes after people get on, so this probably wouldn't be any different.

Canes with folding seats are not allowed in the parks

At BC. Been up since about 5am listening to painting contractors (I face the valet, 4th floor (of five - 2 rooms below me and club room above)). (While actual painting is quiet, the trucks aren’t - they are painting the high wood structures above the valet parking area, so trucks that extend up to lift the workers are moved into place and extended. And something that sounds like a generator runs at times. And the frequent truck back up beeping noise.)

We had the same issue - stayed on 4th floor at BC from the 22nd to the 31st. I was SOO angry at the construction. Had I known in advance, I would have switched to Yacht Club. That and several other issues with the room caused me to give a low rating on the survey when we came home and they called me immediately and rectified the situation. I'm so glad that I spoke up. This was our 4th time staying at BC and the first time we've ever had a problem.

"Canes with folding seats are not allowed in the parks"

Rats!:guilty:
During a recent trip to WDW, I saw four adults walking in a park (I forgot which one), who each had a cane with the small attached seat. I told them I didn't know that you could bring those in the parks, and they said it was no problem. They obviously passed through security without any issues. For what it's worth, I would characterize the group as "seniors."

It can be difficult for those who have back, knee, and other orthopedic issues to stand for long during parades and fireworks, so I imagine being able to use one of those canes can be quite useful.

During a recent trip to WDW, I saw four adults walking in a park (I forgot which one), who each had a cane with the small attached seat. I told them I didn't know that you could bring those in the parks, and they said it was no problem. They obviously passed through security without any issues. For what it's worth, I would characterize the group as "seniors."

It can be difficult for those who have back, knee, and other orthopedic issues to stand for long during parades and fireworks, so I imagine being able to use one of those canes can be quite useful.
Thanks, Shoreward.... I guess I'd qualify as a "senior" since I'm retired, and also have bad back, and knees.... so, I wonder who would know the official word... I'll try guest services... the worst they can say is "no they aren't allowed" but it seems that if some are using them, maybe it's not enforced. :D

We had the same issue - stayed on 4th floor at BC from the 22nd to the 31st. I was SOO angry at the construction. Had I known in advance, I would have switched to Yacht Club. That and several other issues with the room caused me to give a low rating on the survey when we came home and they called me immediately and rectified the situation. I'm so glad that I spoke up. This was our 4th time staying at BC and the first time we've ever had a problem.

Didn't they redo the BC a few years ago? It needs painting already!! No wonder the prices keep going up!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!