Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Can anyone tell me when we might see a September recreation schedule? It’s just DD13 and we have a couple of days plann d to hang around the resort and wanted to have an idea if there might be something he would be interested in doing.

FYI only 5 Halloween refillable mugs left at BC Marketplace. (As of a few minutes ago.) they said they ordered more but don’t know when they will arrive.

FYI only 5 Halloween refillable mugs left at BC Marketplace. (As of a few minutes ago.) they said they ordered more but don’t know when they will arrive.
Oh no! Hopefully they get more soon! (Like by the 5th when we check in! Lol)

Quick question! Having a few pics done of hubby & me during our short pre-cruise BC stay in a couple weeks. I’m sure the lady we have knows great spots to get some good shots. But juuuust in case I’d like to have a few suggestions myself. When we arrive hubby and I can go scout, too. Why not also ask the folks who know the resort best? If you were going to take some pics in or around BC or YC, what locations come to mind? Inside is a plus. As redheads when we get hot outside we turn...well...red. LOL!

The wedding gazebo at the Yacht Club is another idea for a photo spot.

Wedding Gazebo.jpg

:goodvibes

I moved to FL from Mass over 20 years ago for work, before getting married and settling here. I recall how great it was to escape the long winter for a vacation to WDW, but let me you how old 10 months of summer gets after a while!

I bet! I would miss the seasons for sure. But I do hate bitter cold and what comes what it: hair straight and flying away, dry hands, lack of snow with the bitter cold (if it’s cold, snow...but then bitter cold snow is not good snowmaking snow...), ice from some storm that just won’t melt on a roof or driveway, etc... Plus with every storm these days we all wonder “the tree blew, are we going to lose power?” There are so many old, tall and dead trees where I live that yes, just a windy day can mean lights flickering or even worse..no lights at all.

I would be happy with summer, fall, spring and 30 ish degree winter days with snow.

The wedding gazebo at the Yacht Club is another idea for a photo spot.

You can also consider taking the short walk around to the much larger Boardwalk wedding gazebo. It is kept very clean due to the number of wedding's that are scheduled. It is available as long as nothing is already setup. The backdrop is the BC / YC across Crescent lake.

Dave

Plus with every storm these days we all wonder “the tree blew, are we going to lose power?” There are so many old, tall and dead trees where I live that yes, just a windy day can mean lights flickering or even worse..no lights at all.

Well, I can tell you that over the past three or four years, we've averaged 2-3 days per year without power due to hurricanes/tropical storms, lol. The cold there never bothered me then (in my early 20's when I left), but it might be a different story these days. Maybe I'll be able to retire and become one of those snowbirds. :thumbsup2

Thoughts are with our friend Teena, former greeter at the Beach Club, and her family today- hard to believe that her husband Bob passed away 3 years ago today. Sorry for not providing more updates here- Teena continues to keep busy with her daughter Jeanne and granddaughter Lily in Las Vegas. She has a very successful classroom grading business and tries to get back to her beloved Florida or cruising on the Disney Fantasy as often as she is able to.

Here's a picture Jeanne posted last night that made me smile, and another happy family photo from a European cruise in 2015.

Bigger Chair.jpg

European Cruise.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone here have a club level stay at the Yacht or Beach Club in September? If so, would you be willing to email Disney Signature Services to request a September activities calendar? If you send it to me by private message or email beachclubdee at yahoo, I'll post it here.

:thanks:

Does anyone here have a club level stay at the Yacht or Beach Club in September? If so, would you be willing to email Disney Signature Services to request a September activities calendar? If you send it to me by private message or email beachclubdee at yahoo, I'll post it here.

:thanks:
I have one, but not until the end of September. I just emailed them for one!

Page 1300-1302

Thank you.

We have just booked up. We are staying at the contemporary in a theme park room over Christmas then moving to the beach club. We went for a garden/ woods view instead of standard. Any advice on what requests to put in? Should I just ask for a room facing the lake side of the resort? I’m not sure a full balcony will Be that big a deal for us over New Year.

It feels like forever (2014) since we stayed at yacht club, we loved it and hoping we like the beach club just as much.

Just to say as well you do such a great job on this thread. It’s one of the most helpful ones I’ve come across.

Thanks so much for the kind words!

The 3 main garden/woods view areas are:

Back entrance (lakeside) courtyard (close to lobby/elevators, great people watching)

Volleyball courtyard (wing between lobby/secret entrance) (close to quiet pool, convenient to EPCOT/lobby, possible sideways water view)

Woods View-Near Secret Entrance (most likely view of greenery, VERY close to EPCOT)

The request for a lakeside view is a good one, especially if you prefer a courtyard rather than foliage for a view.

Does Stormalong Bay really live up to the hype as an adult? I am staying there for the first time since I was 10 (I am now 34!) with my husband for our first anniversary. We want this trip to be slightly more relaxing than others so I have some open time planned for a few of our days so we can hang by the pool. Has anyone gone as adults only and enjoyed the pool?

Also - does anyone have experience with the blow outs at the spa? My anniversary is 9/23 so was thinking ti might be nice to get a blow out that day. We have dinner planned at California Grill, and I am actually trying DESPERATELY to find a brunch opening (with no luck yet!), so I thought it might be a nice day to avoid my humidity frizzed hair!

:welcome:

I'll add your September trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I have a few reviews of the salon/spa on Page 1, Post 5, but I don't know if I specifically have one for blow outs. I think the general consensus is that the services at the salon are very good, but pricey.

If you go, please provide us with your feedback.

:thumbsup2

I'm going to look on Touring Plans, but does anyone have recommendations on a water view room request at YC? I would like a balcony and to be looking at the Lagoon, not the pool, if possible.

There are just a handful of rooms at the YC which do not have full balconies, so you should be all set there. If you don't have any other priority requests (location, daybed, king bed) then perhaps "Lagoon view, please" would be the simplest way to get what you are looking for.

In the Resorts Community subforum, there is a YC Room View thread that gives a sample of room views provided by past guests.

::yes::

I was just able to add Dec. 4th to my BCV studio. Now staying Dec. 4-8. The DVC member I rented points from was kind enough to wait list the 4th and 5th for me and they both came through!
I am a happy, happy girl right now. ::yes::

That's great! I'll adjust your listing.

:woohoo:

Thoughts are with our friend Teena, former greeter at the Beach Club, and her family today- hard to believe that her husband Bob passed away 3 years ago today. Sorry for not providing more updates here- Teena continues to keep busy with her daughter Jeanne and granddaughter Lily in Las Vegas. She has a very successful classroom grading business and tries to get back to her beloved Florida or cruising on the Disney Fantasy as often as she is able to.

Here's a picture Jeanne posted last night that made me smile, and another happy family photo from a European cruise in 2015.

View attachment 347267

View attachment 347268
Wish there was a LOVE button... so happy to hear Teena is doing well in Las Vegas, and Lily is SOOOOO BIG!!! Thoughts and hugs are heading their way on this day. :grouphug:

When you go to the ‘request room’ page on your trip that you’ve created in TP, just pick any room that looks good. Then when it goes back to your trip dashboard, the ‘request room’ will now be ‘configure fax’ instead. In the sections where TP has described your room request (two boxes) delete what they’ve written and type in your own words to describe what you want, in this case ‘king bed please’ or something to that effect. Keep it simple to avoid confusion. Fill in the rest of the necessary information and press save. They’ll fax that request about 5-7 day’s before checkin.

We always call in a request for a king bed and do the TP fax, and if it’s CL we get DSS to make a note too. As long as you request the same thing with each place, it can’t hurt to make sure they know what your preferences are.

Thank you so much for this info. I hadn’t made a TP fax because I also just want a king bed, but I followed your directions for a more general request. This is our 20th anniversary and only the second time we have spent any time away from our kids so, well, we hope we have a little luck in this department.

BC Marketplace: Halloween refillable mugs are gone, but more are on order. No ETA.

Other BC marketplace news: as of today no straws, and no lids for cold drink cups. (The refillable plastic mug does still come with the same top/lid as always (which has a straw hole...).) this is disney-wide, but not happening everywhere at once.

Plan accordingly if you (like I) have a special needs family member who needs a straw to drink.

So I may be imagining things, but I thought I saw earlier this week a phone number on the first page of this thread to call in room requests for the BC...which now I cannot seem to find. Can someone point me in direction of where I could find that number, or better just list the number?

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter