Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

At BC. Been up since about 5am listening to painting contractors (I face the valet, 4th floor (of five - 2 rooms below me and club room above)). (While actual painting is quiet, the trucks aren’t - they are painting the high wood structures above the valet parking area, so trucks that extend up to lift the workers are moved into place and extended. And something that sounds like a generator runs at times. And the frequent truck back up beeping noise.)

The note in the room says painting “will be taking place” 9am-5pm. I was banking on being able to sleep until at least 7am when we couldn’t nap yesterday due to many hours of even louder construction related noise.

I understand they want to make it look nice for future guests. But there is plenty of room around their work area for a vehicle (even a fire truck) to drive through. (We often look down there during the day - it’s not so busy that just one lane would cause problems imo). They didn’t have to do this before 7am. Or they could have left a note warning us of it, so I would have change the night I stayed out late to see fireworks.

Last edited:
At BC. Been up since about 5am listening to painting contractors (I face the valet, 4th floor (of five - 2 rooms below me and club room above)). (While actual painting is quiet, the trucks aren’t - they are painting the high wood structures above the valet parking area, so trucks that extend up to lift the workers are moved into place and extended. And something that sounds like a generator runs at times. And the frequent truck back up beeping noise.)

The note in the room says painting “will be taking place” 9am-5pm. I was banking on being able to sleep until at least 7am when we couldn’t nap yesterday due to many hours of even louder construction related noise.

I understand they want to make it look nice for future guests. But there is plenty of room around their work area for a vehicle (even a fire truck) to drive through. (We often look down there during the day - it’s not so busy that just one lane would cause problems imo). They didn’t have to do this before 7am. Or they could have left a note warning us of it, so I would have change the night I stayed out late to see fireworks.
If your room is a standard room above the porte cochere (front entrance), noises from below are not unusual - from Magical Express arrivals and departures to noisy families, who are oblivious to the fact that some guests may not be awake at 5:00 AM.

However, noise from remodeling/painting crews before the stated work hours should not be expected, nor tolerated. The painting process has been extremely slow, and the crews may be running behind schedule, which could be caused by weather delays, or just underestimating the time needed to complete the work. Disney often makes commitments to large groups that there will not be any construction work going on, during the dates booked for that group. If that commitment is not kept, Disney is breaking the contract, and could be subject to financial consequences, as well as loss of goodwill and possible return bookings.

If you have not done so, I would register your complaint with a front end supervisor at the front desk. They may move you to a quieter room or offer some sort of accommodation or perk, to make up for the inconvenience.

I have stayed in a standard view room at the resort over the front entrance and understand how annoying and disturbing those noises can be.

Too much heat here in CT! Thanks for keeping me honest. I have edited it.

Oh no, it was beautiful the past few days in CT but then again my butt was in the pool! Hoping to go in soon but kids first day of school which means cleaning for me! Do you Facebook? And if so do you follow eweather? He is local to me, a few towns north on the CT River but his forcasts are pretty spot on.

We were on the 4th floor facing the valet. Get off elevator, take a left and a left-2-4th room on the right, Juliette balcony. DH who usually sleeps like a log heard the noise but I didn’t but then again, I was up all mornings besides one by 6.

I liked it because it was close to main elevator and ice machine-actually I think we were next to the room that was across from the ice machine.

Oh no, it was beautiful the past few days in CT but then again my butt was in the pool! Hoping to go in soon but kids first day of school which means cleaning for me!
If excessive heat advisories are beautiful weather to you then I assume you don't like the winters here in CT? I'm up in Coventry, away from any cooling breezes and fortunately have a pool which I must share with the dog.

Quick question! Having a few pics done of hubby & me during our short pre-cruise BC stay in a couple weeks. I’m sure the lady we have knows great spots to get some good shots. But juuuust in case I’d like to have a few suggestions myself. When we arrive hubby and I can go scout, too. Why not also ask the folks who know the resort best? If you were going to take some pics in or around BC or YC, what locations come to mind? Inside is a plus. As redheads when we get hot outside we turn...well...red. LOL!

If excessive heat advisories are beautiful weather to you then I assume you don't like the winters here in CT? I'm up in Coventry, away from any cooling breezes and fortunately have a pool which I must share with the dog.

As much as I hate the cold I do hate the heat! But I am enjoying it while it’s here because I am dreading winter! Cleaning and then headed into the pool...with out kids! Or a dog!

I am shoreline so it tends to be a bit breezier, granted I am 5 or so miles up from LI sound.

Just booked our flights through southwest for our upcoming trip at the end of March! So excited with the nonstop flight time we got. We will be arriving in MCO at 1:15pm and will have more than enough time to enjoy our afternoon/evening in Epcot! One of the many reasons we love staying at these resorts. You arrive and like 10 minutes later you can be in Epcot!

As much as I hate the cold I do hate the heat! But I am enjoying it while it’s here because I am dreading winter! Cleaning and then headed into the pool...with out kids! Or a dog!

I am shoreline so it tends to be a bit breezier, granted I am 5 or so miles up from LI sound.
I agree! I live in CT too! I will take the heat over Winter!!!

Quick question! Having a few pics done of hubby & me during our short pre-cruise BC stay in a couple weeks. I’m sure the lady we have knows great spots to get some good shots. But juuuust in case I’d like to have a few suggestions myself. When we arrive hubby and I can go scout, too. Why not also ask the folks who know the resort best? If you were going to take some pics in or around BC or YC, what locations come to mind? Inside is a plus. As redheads when we get hot outside we turn...well...red. LOL!

As a BC guest AND a Photographer, these are my recommendations (when I get home I can try to upload photos of some of these areas):

Indoors:
Solarium- lots of light, windows look out into a courtyard (courtyard does have some construction/ painting going on or it did last week but this is easy to work around because you'll be indoors)
Breezeway off of the BCV "lobby"- great light, really pretty for a background
Main lobby of BC/ YC- can be busy but plenty of tables/ chairs/ stairways to work with
The hallway around Cape May Buffet- the umbrellas are so cute and colorful and the hallway itself is well-lit with large windows and curtains/ decor that aren't cluttered and obnoxious.

Outdoors:
Lighthouse at the boat stop (no shade though)
Beaches and Cream- outside, under cover (so, in the shade) are a table and chairs that look like an ice cream cone. Very cute for photos (especially if you feel like splitting a shake/ sundae from the walkup counter for a cute photo op)
Bridges that go to the bus stop- SO much to work with here (and also covered for shade). If you could only have photos in one place on the property, this would be my choice.
Front entrance to BC- there's an old Chevrolet, and plenty of benches/ space to work with (all also covered)
On the beach, with the Boardwalk as the background, and there's also a bench swing
Many of the courtyards have very pretty landscaping, and right outside the main lobby as you're headed to the boat stop (or pool or beach) are some beautiful flowers.

As a BC guest AND a Photographer, these are my recommendations (when I get home I can try to upload photos of some of these areas):

Indoors:
Solarium- lots of light, windows look out into a courtyard (courtyard does have some construction/ painting going on or it did last week but this is easy to work around because you'll be indoors)
Main lobby of BC/ YC- can be busy but plenty of tables/ chairs/ stairways to work with
The hallway around Cape May Buffet- the umbrellas are so cute and colorful and the hallway itself is well-lit with large windows and curtains/ decor that aren't cluttered and obnoxious.

Outdoors:
Beaches and Cream- outside, under cover (so, in the shade) are a table and chairs that look like an ice cream cone. Very cute for photos (especially if you feel like splitting a shake/ sundae from the walkup counter for a cute photo op)
Bridges that go to the bus stop- SO much to work with here (and also covered for shade). If you could only have photos in one place on the property, this would be my choice.
Front entrance to BC- there's an old Chevrolet, and plenty of benches/ space to work with (all also covered)
On the beach, with the Boardwalk as the background, and there's also a bench swing
Many of the courtyards have very pretty landscaping, and right outside the main lobby as you're headed to the boat stop (or pool or beach) are some beautiful flowers

These are great and thoughtful suggestions.

I'll throw a couple additional locations into the mix.

Nighttime in the area is so beautiful, with a brightly-lit Boardwalk in the background. Some really good nighttime photo ops are from the FriendShip boats, as they cruise between the Swan/Dolphin to the YC/BC and from the YC/BC to BWI. This is the image I have in mind:

upload_2018-8-30_13-13-41.jpeg

I also really love the sunsets, as viewed from the small covered lookout area at the Boardwalk, that is just over the bridge from the walkway between the BC and Epcot. With a clear sky and good visibility, the sunsets can be stunning.

Nighttime in the area is so beautiful, with a brightly-lit Boardwalk in the background. Some really good nighttime photo ops are from the FriendShip boats, as they cruise between the Swan/Dolphin to the YC/BC and from the YC/BC to BWI. This is the image I have in mind:

View attachment 347128

I also really love the sunsets, as viewed from the small covered lookout area at the Boardwalk, that is just over the bridge from the walkway between the BC and Epcot. With a clear sky and good visibility, the sunsets can be stunning.

I assumed these were only daytime photos, and I should know better!

These are great choices as well! Even in the daytime they are very pretty!! Nighttime eliminates some of my suggestions (the security lighting is NOT flattering :scared1:) but gives way to some other really beautiful shots.

Indoors:

Outdoors:
Many of the courtyards have very pretty landscaping, and right outside the main lobby as you're headed to the boat stop (or pool or beach) are some beautiful flowers.

These are all fabulous. I’m loving the footbridge idea. That seems like it could be awesome!

View attachment 347128

I assumed these were only daytime photos, and I should know better!

These are great choices as well! Even in the daytime they are very pretty!! Nighttime eliminates some of my suggestions (the security lighting is NOT flattering :scared1:) but gives way to some other really beautiful shots.

No, we won’t get the benefit of sunset or nighttime. I was kinda hoping for the early golden hour but the scheduling didn’t allow for it. Our time frame isn’t roughly 11:00 to noon. But, I may make it a point to get out there for some of these sunset & nighttime pics myself. Maybe a friendly passerby will take a few snaps for me.

Thanks to both of you. Truly appreciated. The trip is for our 25th anniversary. We didn’t have a big wedding with pictures and all that so having these things now really means something. <3

I don't remember if anyone has asked this recently. Do the rooms in BC have microwaves? Also...how big are the fridges? I'm wondering if a full size bottle of creamer will fit. TIA!

The BC rooms do not have microwaves. There may, or may not, be one available by request at checkin. The BC Marketplace has microwaves for guest use.
The refrigerator is a dorm size undercounter. I don’t know the size of the coffee creamer to say if it will fit standing up or not

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter