Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

the balcony love has always perplexed me. i had one the first time i stayed at boardwalk and thought it looked lovely then i realized it meant going outside in florida and was like nope, im never using that lol.

the balcony love has always perplexed me. i had one the first time i stayed at boardwalk and thought it looked lovely then i realized it meant going outside in florida and was like nope, im never using that lol.

Because I’m the first one up in the morning, I’ll sit on the balcony as everyone else wake up, shower, and get dressed. Typically, the mornings aren’t too bad.

All Ears reports a portion of the stormalong bay pool being closed for cabanas. Does anybody know which portion?

Really? My room is facing SAB and I didn't notice any new construction today.

We didn't go to the pool today so we can't confirm, but if this has happened, it is really new.

Morning and evening weather can be great in the summer. The afternoon rains can be pleasant to watch from a balcony, too.

Last edited:
When the cabanas are actually put in place, there won't really be any construction. The cabanas are much like large tents and are set up, accordingly.

They will be similar to the cabanas at the GF.
cabanas-00-new.jpg

All Ears reports a portion of the stormalong bay pool being closed for cabanas. Does anybody know which portion?

This is what I see on the site:

Beach Club
Stormalong Bay Enhancement

A very small portion of Stormalong Bay Pool will be closed to make way for new cabanas. The remainder of the area will remain in full operation. Mid. Aug. - Fall 2018

This was reported several months ago, but we have not seen a confirmed start date or any evidence of the work yet. We believe, as Wood Nymph has said, that the area that will be closed will be the shallow sandbar area near the Yacht Club.

:fish:

Ok thanks to all for answering. I have been planning my dads trip for sept 8-15 and just want to be in the know. I was hoping it was just in the sandy shallow area.

I Own a timeshare villa offsite, so i am used to having a balcony. its wonderful in the morning or evening to relax and spread out from others on the trip and I love using it to hang dry beach towels and bathing suits. also it could be just me, but if I'm paying deluxe price I think I would want a balcony I can sit on :p

When the cabanas are actually put in place, there won't really be any construction. The cabanas are much like large tents and are set up, accordingly.

They will be similar to the cabanas at the GF.
cabanas-00-new.jpg

I watched a YouTube video of the GF cabanas. Yep, they’re tents. But, they’ll need to run electricity out there to handle the fridges, fans, tvs, etc. That will take more than a standard extension cord. Today’s Disney isn’t exactly known for their lightning fast construction schedules. LOL!

I was hoping these would be done by the time we get there 9/13. As fluorescent gingers, cabanas are a game-changer.

Just a friendly reminder that Southwest will be opening up it's booking window tomorrow [8/30] for flights through 4/7/19. Not a huge extension from the the already 3/6/19 booking date, but I assume some folks may have spring break plans or maybe a Star Wars 1/2 marathon [like me] :tiptoe:that they need to book airfare for!

Last edited:
Just a friendly reminder that Southwest will be opening up it's booking window tomorrow [8/30] for flights through 5/7/19. Not a huge extension from the the already 3/6/19 booking date, but I assume some folks may have spring break plans or maybe a Star Wars 1/2 marathon [like me] :tiptoe:that they need to book airfare for!
Unfortunately, Southwest's schedule extension tomorrow only will be for flights thru 04/07/2019.

From Southwest:
We are currently accepting air reservations through March 6, 2019. On August 30,2018 we will open our schedule for sale through April 7, 2019. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, Southwest's schedule extension tomorrow only will be for flights thru 04/07/2019.

From Southwest:
We are currently accepting air reservations through March 6, 2019. On August 30,2018 we will open our schedule for sale through April 7, 2019. This date is subject to change! Please check back frequently.

Too much heat here in CT! Thanks for keeping me honest. I have edited it.

anyone at beach club currently that can confirm if the halloween mugs arrived? we arrive sept 9th and are looking forward to getting one!

I would also like to know this! We check in a week from now and I’d love to get a Halloween mug! We already have so many of the regular ones.

Thinking of staying Beach Club next May... I can't decide if the price is worth it over POP. We stayed Yacht Club last August and loved it, location, the pool... it was great. We have stayed at POP twice and with the renovations it's nice, especially given I can get coffee in room now. We don't eat a lot of table service, perhaps once or twice, quick service is much easier to manage, less planning. Finding breakfast was hard at Yacht Club, when we were there it seemed they were doing renos to the quick service. I am hoping not to purchase groceries this time, but a gallon of milk would be nice to have. What to do!

yc 1.jpg yc3.jpg yc4.jpg Hi. Just returned from an amazing first stay at the YC. It was me and my daughter and we stayed 6 nights in a standard view room. We had room 3114 - a corner room and it was breathtaking! 2 windows, a full balcony, the bathroom had glass shower doors and a sliding barn door to allow for privacy in the sink area. Lots of storage - closet and dresser. The only (small) drawback was no daybed. But since it was just the two of us, we each had our own bed and didn't miss the day bed.

We have stayed at BC three times, Polynesian three times, GF, WL and AKL many times - the Yacht Club is hands down our favorite of them all! The energy of the resort is calm and relaxing. The lobby scent is amazing! The rooms are beautiful. I can't wait to stay there again. I'll try to post some room photos shortly.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter