Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I was all set to stay at BWI for my upcoming trip, but it looks like we found a better deal and are now staying at YC. I'm looking forward to our stay even though I was looking forward to staying at BWI.

Hi Dee- looks like it's time for you to take me off the 2019 list. :(
But the happy news is that my DD and I decided to take our Mom Daughter trip this November, Thanksgiving week, and I will be celebrating my retirement! Since we will not be there for F&W, I couldn't justify the extra expense of the BC and so we will be staying at POFQ.
I love this thread, friendly people and the best page 1 anywhere! I will still stop by once in a while. I have the time, now that I'm retired!

:welcome: back!

Standard view rooms will either look over a flat rooftop or a parking lot. I think that your best bet to avoid a rooftop view would be to ask to be facing the front entrance parking lot. The only problem with that may be noise if you are very close to the front entrance. Some past guests have reported that some of those rooms may hear noise from the Magical Express or other buses that come through.

"Room with daybed preferred, facing front entrance parking lot, if possible."

Let us know if you book at the resort to ring in the New Year.

:goodvibes

Thanks for your reply, you are always so helpful.
Just in the planning stage. I’d have liked a garden view but the price we were offered for standard is just too good.

Page 1291-1292

Hi everyone! We are headed to YC August 29th-September 1st (hooray!), and I am surprised to see so many types of rooms sold out during that time. I know Food and Wine starts August 30th, but is that the only reason it is so booked, or is there another event going on there? It looks like BC still has some standard rooms available, so just curious if anyone has heard whether there is something particular to YC going on.

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Others have replied that there is a convention going on during the time of your trip. In October 2016 I stayed at the YC during one of the largest conferences of the year and I can say that there was absolutely no impact on my trip from that.

:thumbsup2

Thank you, very helpful!! We will be there September of this year.

Got it! Thanks!

:goodvibes

The YC Convention Center is set to open in the fall, 2018, with 100,00 square feet of space.

Thanks so much for the pictures. I'll add them to the convention center post.

:thanks:

Congrats!!! We fly out on Thursday too! These next few days can not go fast enough! I agree taking Magical Express is "magical" but Lyft is SO MUCH FASTER. The last few adult only trips I've taken this year I opted for Lyft from MCO. No kidding from touch down to walking in the lobby of BC was like 30-35 mins top. Can't beat that. Safe travels and enjoy!!!

Wishing you safe travels and a magical trip!

:smickey:

Looking to book YC for the 1st week of December 2019 and see that there are no water or standard view rooms available. Is it possible they’ve sold those categories out this far in advance? Or possibly not released them for booking yet?

Let us know if you book.. Not sure why all these rooms would be booked up, but my advice is to keep trying. Whether it is a glitch in the booking system (IMAGINE THAT) or the rooms are truly sold out or they haven't been released yet, there is certainly a good possibility a room will open up. If you know you want to stay at the YC you could book a GV and then switch sometime in the next year.

::yes::

I was all set to stay at BWI for my upcoming trip, but it looks like we found a better deal and are now staying at YC. I'm looking forward to our stay even though I was looking forward to staying at BWI.

:welcome: to the Yacht & Beach Club!

What month will you be here?

I haven't had a stay at the Boardwalk, so I can't offer any comparisons, just a hope that you will love the YC.

:cool2:

Hi Dee- looks like it's time for you to take me off the 2019 list. :(
But the happy news is that my DD and I decided to take our Mom Daughter trip this November, Thanksgiving week, and I will be celebrating my retirement! Since we will not be there for F&W, I couldn't justify the extra expense of the BC and so we will be staying at POFQ.
I love this thread, friendly people and the best page 1 anywhere! I will still stop by once in a while. I have the time, now that I'm retired!

Congrats on your retirement celebration!

Thank you so much for your very kind words. This truly is a nice, helpful family we have here.

:grouphug:

I am spending a few spare minutes here and there trying to add/update info on page 1. In the next few posts I will be asking assorted questions to make sure that we are providing current/relevant information.

:thanks:

Last edited:
First up: Came across this statement in the Villas post.

Currently (2016), there is a concierge Cast Member on duty at BCV from 8 am to 4 pm. When on duty, you may check-in either at the Beach Club front desk or here.

Still true, or AYKM? (Are you kidding me?)

:confused3

July/August 2018 Assorted comments

monorailsilver Beach Club

We are here now. We arrived yesterday. Woke up at 3:30 for our 7am flight. Needless to say we were all a bit tired when we arrived.

Our room was ready, nothing special as it overlooks the front entrance. But it works for me since it’s close to the elevator and the ice machine which I need to get to soon. But tomorrrow is laundry day so I will have to meander my way there.

So we unpacked, grabbed lunch at hurricane Hanna’s (meh...). Myself and my DS14 and dd12 stayed at the pool which was nice and refreshing. Dd17 went back to the room, read her book and then took a nap. Dh worked a bit and then went to the dolphin to rent our car. I was able to pull the kids from the pool at about 4 and then we went to target and got our water and breakfast food. Came back and went t chef mickeys for dinner.

Our son has food allergies and the dessert plate they gave him was just so pretty. We never had something look so nice for him. The chef is from the city next to my town and he said his mom just bought a house in my town...wait my hometown.

Today’s plan is DHS by 6 (better get moving and wake the family up), the pool for a bit and beaches and cream for lunch. Epcot later. Dh and DS are doing dive quest.

The secret entrance is not blocked (thankfully) now. The scaffolding I would say starts at Cape May. All the windows are taped off there.

I don’t hear them too much and forget they are there while I am swimming unless I look up.

We are checking out today after 5 lovely nights here. I think everyone I met in the pool is DVC. I think they were surprised when I told them “no, I am not DVC.” Do non DVC people not talk?? They must not, lol!

Our bed was a little creaky, I liked where were were-close to ice and elevator but facing the front entry so it gets loud per my dh in the am.

The pool was fabulous, especially early am when very few people were in it!

My son LOVED playing pool volleyball. We didn’t do any of the afternoon crafts. Two of my kids played pool games on our arrival day but that was it. They loved the lazy river. I forgot how great the walk is back from Epcot.

My older 2 kids and I are headed to the studios as soon as I get in/out of the shower to ride slinky, dh will finish packing our stuff and 8 hope to be back by 8 and we will stow it and *walk* to Epcot one last time, return around or before lunch time, get a Minnie van and head over to the Poly for the next 5 nights.

Thank you everyone for all your tips, hints, etc..,my dh *loves* the super secret entrance and seriously no one uses it so I kept it between us all! It was easy to find too.

Hope to be back here in 5 years when we come back and do a split. Now...sheer and slinky are calling my name!

****************************************************]

There were 5 of us so my girls shared a drawer, Dh and I shared a drawer and used the top drawers to the right for overflow. And my son used a drawer. The cabinets on the side I felt were wasteful, they needed a shelf. Also we found someone’s clothing behind the 3 drawers so make sure you check before you check out! It’s like the dryer and eats socks!

The dresser was like the picture posted, our desk was next to the bed/outer wall and we had a day bed.

I was disappointed in the space of the room. The sink area was huge, it would of been great to add some kind of shower rod there so while one person is in the tiny bathroom, another could get dressed in that area (or one could go in the shower and another could come out of the bathroom and get dressed minus the steam from the shower keeping the body wet).

There was no bureau near the bathroom but below the double sink there was a shelf which we put our toiletries. There was no place to put clothes post shower in our bathroom, other then the back of the toilet or on the toilet seat flipped closed.

The coffee maker was above the fridge which was enclosed and not cool. We kept the door open for more air flow. They were both as you walked in, our room to our left with the sink area to the right. I feel like we only had one closet. My mind is foggy since we stayed at the Poly too and even though it was an older room, the room was bigger and there was more drawer space and 2 closets.

The characters came out during the afternoon pool games. There were 4 of them-Minnie, goofy, daisy and...can’t recall who else.

They didn’t pose for pictures or sign autographs. We saw them twice so it may not be daily-just looking at the schedule when we were there and maybe for the dance party or possibly longer. My kids weren’t playing the days they came out they were playing volley ball instead.

I’d say it was closer to 2pm if not at 2. They brought each character out one by one and then at the end they all came out.

Minnie or daisy played some game and if you were on a certain color you had to jump in the pool. They also held part of the stick for limbo.

We took mid day breaks every day and had 2 pool days (plus arrival day pool day) while there but I only saw them twice and we were at the pool from 12/1 until around 4 on park days. Pool days I was there by 8:45 waiting to get in to get a table in the shade![/QUOTE]

Bree, Yacht Club:

Hi everyone! We checked into Yacht Club today for our first stay ever. I’m impressed. The room renovations are outstanding. All the little details in the room for organization and convenience were well thought out. I especially love the lights in the bed frame and the little shelf and outlet on the side of the bed that is nearest to the bathroom. The room is clean...not even dust under the bed. My only complaint is that i paid for a garden/Woods view and we have a view of a giant tree and a parking lot through the branches. We are only here for two nights otherwise I’d ask to be moved. I enjoy coffee on the balcony in the mornings so I’m i bit disappointed, but maybe some wildlife will be out tomorrow! We spent the day at the pool only leaving to go to Epcot for lunch. We never had a problem finding chairs. There are quite a lot in the shade over by YC. Minnie, Daisy, Donald & Goofy came to the pool for a dance party.

We stayed at BC in February. Now that I’ve stayed at both I think I prefer YC. The lobby area is a lot quieter even with a convention going on. I found the BC to be overwhelming sometimes with non-resort guests.

I don’t recall seeing this mentioned, but I may have missed it. There are repairs and painting going on at BC. There is scaffolding in front of most of the water view rooms. It was pretty loud at times because we could hear it in the lazy river.

Last edited:

Hi everyone! I'm finally getting my act together to post a quick review on this board of our BC CL stay last month. It was our first stay at the BC (having stayed at the Poly, GF, and Boardwalk before).

I added your view pictures to the Beach Club Room View Thread.

Did the room have a full balcony?

What was the bedding configuration in the room? 2 Queens? Was there a daybed? Do you remember if it was a connecting room or not?

I added your view pictures to the Beach Club Room View Thread.

Did the room have a full balcony?

What was the bedding configuration in the room? 2 Queens? Was there a daybed? Do you remember if it was a connecting room or not?

Thanks!! There were 2 queen beds, full balcony, no daybed, and there was a connecting room.

We love YC, but do you think the continuing of having dogs there will have a down fall of people wanting to stay there? We had a bad experience this year and are on the fence about next years stay.

Has anyone ever used Disney provided rails with the daybed in the Beach Club?
I would like my toddler to sleep in the daybed, however she would definitely need a rail. I am not familiar with the bed rail Disney provides and if it will work/fit with the daybed.

wow!
Page 1291-1292

:welcome: to this forum!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

Others have replied that there is a convention going on during the time of your trip. In October 2016 I stayed at the YC during one of the largest conferences of the year and I can say that there was absolutely no impact on my trip from that.

:thumbsup2

Thank you so much!!! So excited!! Glad to hear there was no impact when there was a conference, the kids just want to be able to go down the slide - now if I could just snag a reservation at Beaches and Cream....:tink:

First up: Came across this statement in the Villas post.

Currently (2016), there is a concierge Cast Member on duty at BCV from 8 am to 4 pm. When on duty, you may check-in either at the Beach Club front desk or here.

Still true, or AYKM? (Are you kidding me?)

:confused3

There was a thread on the DVC boards from June that says it is very hit/miss and that even when someone is there it isn't that useful if you get someone ahead of you, especially if they are new or have issues. I will be at BCV late September so I can keep my eye out then regarding how reliable this is, if at all.

There was a thread on the DVC boards from June that says it is very hit/miss and that even when someone is there it isn't that useful if you get someone ahead of you, especially if they are new or have issues. I will be at BCV late September so I can keep my eye out then regarding how reliable this is, if at all.
Just left there and during the 11 days we were at BCV there was a cm manning the desk inside the villas every day. Very friendly and there if anyone needed anything.

Just left there and during the 11 days we were at BCV there was a cm manning the desk inside the villas every day. Very friendly and there if anyone needed anything.

Very cool!!!! We haven't stayed at BCV in a few years as it was getting difficult booking at 7 months during the times that wanted to go. We bought a contract last year but September will be our first time using it for BCV!

Very cool!!!! We haven't stayed at BCV in a few years as it was getting difficult booking at 7 months during the times that wanted to go. We bought a contract last year but September will be our first time using it for BCV!
You’ll love it. We had as perfect a stay as you could have. Love it there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter