Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Thank you for the well wishes and information. DH (that's the first time I've used that!) is a coffee drinker and isn't choosy, but I only drink completely decaffeinated tea. I think the best option might for me to slip my own tea bags into my luggage. They don't take up much room, and the Keurig will produce hot water.

Ahhh....48 hours from now we'll be landed and on our way to YC! We haven't decided about ME or just taking Lyft. I think it's sort of magical to arrive by ME and don't mind stopping at other resorts. What I DO mind, and always seems to happen to us, is that we're the first ones put on a ME bus at MCO, and we wait...and wait...and wait. Our record is 45 minutes on the ME bus at MCO before it left the station...then stopped at about 3 resorts before ours! Lyft would be so much faster, so that's a very plausible option for us.

I like a cup of tea at night and take a few of my own bags to be safe (so I can stick to what's tried and true and won't keep me up all night).

I always have the ME vs. other transportation debate, and always end up on ME because there's something fun about it (and it's just easier for our party of 5 at this point to let Mickey take the wheel). It drives my father and his husband nuts to not be the first ones at the resort (or anywhere else!) but ultimately they decided to take ME with us for this trip. A 45 minute wait on the bus for it to leave might turn me around though.

72 hours from now I'll be at Charlotte International airport feeding the crew before our connecting flight to MCO and ME ride to BCV. See you there, save us a spot at the pool if you don't mind! :-)

Isn't it SO exciting to say "DH" for the first time?! I still get a charge out of being introduced as "Mrs. Mode" and it's been 4 years. We Disneymooned and just haven't stopped since. Have a magical trip!!!!!

I like a cup of tea at night and take a few of my own bags to be safe (so I can stick to what's tried and true and won't keep me up all night).

I always have the ME vs. other transportation debate, and always end up on ME because there's something fun about it (and it's just easier for our party of 5 at this point to let Mickey take the wheel). It drives my father and his husband nuts to not be the first ones at the resort (or anywhere else!) but ultimately they decided to take ME with us for this trip. A 45 minute wait on the bus for it to leave might turn me around though.

72 hours from now I'll be at Charlotte International airport feeding the crew before our connecting flight to MCO and ME ride to BCV. See you there, save us a spot at the pool if you don't mind! :-)

Isn't it SO exciting to say "DH" for the first time?! I still get a charge out of being introduced as "Mrs. Mode" and it's been 4 years. We Disneymooned and just haven't stopped since. Have a magical trip!!!!!

Thank you for the kind words...and yes! How fun! DH...DH....DH!
It sounds like we're a lot alike!
It's crazy but I think that the faster I get to the resort, the more likely the room will be ready, or if that ME bus hadn't stopped at BWI and I'd gotten to BC/YC 5 minutes earlier, we'd be family of the day or something! :rotfl:

Hi everyone! We are headed to YC August 29th-September 1st (hooray!), and I am surprised to see so many types of rooms sold out during that time. I know Food and Wine starts August 30th, but is that the only reason it is so booked, or is there another event going on there? It looks like BC still has some standard rooms available, so just curious if anyone has heard whether there is something particular to YC going on.

Thank you for the kind words...and yes! How fun! DH...DH....DH!
It sounds like we're a lot alike!
It's crazy but I think that the faster I get to the resort, the more likely the room will be ready, or if that ME bus hadn't stopped at BWI and I'd gotten to BC/YC 5 minutes earlier, we'd be family of the day or something! :rotfl:

I totally get it! After all of the planning I’m just so ready for something fun to happen that I don’t want to wait one more second!

But, at least for us when we honeymooned (and visited again for our one year anniversary) and had our honeymoon or anniversary pins on and every ten feet someone congratulated us (including Naveen from his Festival of Fantasy Parade float !!) there was not one second that wasn’t magical. Totally trumped being family of the day (says someone who has never been family of the day for anything ever). Prince Charming “offered” me the glass slipper from his float during the Electrical Parade and I beamed at DH (!) and told Charming I was all set, thanks.

Hi everyone! We are headed to YC August 29th-September 1st (hooray!), and I am surprised to see so many types of rooms sold out during that time. I know Food and Wine starts August 30th, but is that the only reason it is so booked, or is there another event going on there? It looks like BC still has some standard rooms available, so just curious if anyone has heard whether there is something particular to YC going on.

It's Disney, 2018. There is no slow time anymore. Summer is better, but still busy, particularly at an EC resort during F&W.

It is Labor Day weekend, as well as last days before end of "unofficial" summer (and most kids back in school). F&W adds to the strong bookings.

It's Disney, 2018. There is no slow time anymore. Summer is better, but still busy, particularly at an EC resort during F&W.
Thanks for your reply, but I am asking about YC in particular. We've been to Disney 3 times in the last 6 months, and stayed at YC two of the last three times, and this is the only time it has been sold out in almost all categories, while BC and Boardwalk still have availability. I wondered whether there was a conference or some other event going on at YC that would cause it to book up first, but maybe it's just random. Thanks again.

I wondered whether there was a conference or some other event going on at YC that would cause it to book up first, but maybe it's just random.

A conference would make sense in that case. The only other things which comes to mind is the fact that discounts have been higher at YC than BC, sometimes by as much as 15% or so.

Page 1280-1282

:welcome:

Which month is your trip?

Standard view rooms will either overlook the front entrance parking lot and/or rooftops and are distributed throughout the resort. There are no BC SV rooms on the ground floor level.
Best bet is to request what is most important to you and your family- Full balcony? Daybed? Close to elevator (lobby/pool/transportation).

There is a detailed map with a listing of rooms including view type and that might give you an idea of what rooms are available in your view category. Page 1, Post 8.

:goodvibes

There’s a room chart on the first page of this thread that will give you an idea of where the standard view rooms are located. The majority of them are on the 3rd and 4th floors and above the restaurant area. There’s a few on the 2nd floor that face the entrance to the resort, too. I would request a full balcony and close to the elevators. :)

Thank you so much! This really helps!

Thanks for your reply, but I am asking about YC in particular. We've been to Disney 3 times in the last 6 months, and stayed at YC two of the last three times, and this is the only time it has been sold out in almost all categories, while BC and Boardwalk still have availability. I wondered whether there was a conference or some other event going on at YC that would cause it to book up first, but maybe it's just random. Thanks again.
There is a large medical conference at the YC.

It depends on what you want to be closest to and what your other preferences are (king bed, 2 queen beds, larger balcony, ground floor, near a pool, near the lobby and so on). The more specific you are in your request, the less likely it becomes that the room assigner can meet your request.

To be closest to Epcot, you're looking at rooms like 1503-1505 (ground floor and then it's 2503-2505 for 2nd floor and so on). But those rooms are not near an elevator, the main lobby, or Storm Along Bay if any of those things are important to you, and they all have 2 queen beds. 1559-1563 are also close to the walkway to EPCOT, a little closer to Storm Along Bay/ lobby, and closer to an elevator. To increase your odds of getting these rooms you'd request a Pool/ Lake view with 2 queen beds.

For a king bed, you're more limited if you also want to be close to the EPCOT walkway. There's always a trade-off, so it's always best to decide which 2-3 things are most important to you.

As far as proximity to Epcot, it's about a 5 minute walk from the main lobby to the International Gateway, so I don't usually let that be a factor. The farthest room from the gateway can't be more than a 10 minute walk at a very slow pace (I travel with 3 kids, 1 in a stroller and I'm sure our longest time after stopping to look at every bug and pebble along the way is 10 minutes).

This is great! Thank you!

The YC Convention Center is set to open in the fall, 2018, with 100,00 square feet of space.

Interior images:
f53f21a1813689d54ff271c73bb178bd.jpg
0032e53780281edaf15a889853291c17.jpg
b6190f693ba50a2838cd6a4d3903e49c.jpg

Thank you for the well wishes and information. DH (that's the first time I've used that!) is a coffee drinker and isn't choosy, but I only drink completely decaffeinated tea. I think the best option might for me to slip my own tea bags into my luggage. They don't take up much room, and the Keurig will produce hot water.

Ahhh....48 hours from now we'll be landed and on our way to YC! We haven't decided about ME or just taking Lyft. I think it's sort of magical to arrive by ME and don't mind stopping at other resorts. What I DO mind, and always seems to happen to us, is that we're the first ones put on a ME bus at MCO, and we wait...and wait...and wait. Our record is 45 minutes on the ME bus at MCO before it left the station...then stopped at about 3 resorts before ours! Lyft would be so much faster, so that's a very plausible option for us.

Congrats!!! We fly out on Thursday too! These next few days can not go fast enough! I agree taking Magical Express is "magical" but Lyft is SO MUCH FASTER. The last few adult only trips I've taken this year I opted for Lyft from MCO. No kidding from touch down to walking in the lobby of BC was like 30-35 mins top. Can't beat that. Safe travels and enjoy!!!

Looking to book YC for the 1st week of December 2019 and see that there are no water or standard view rooms available. Is it possible they’ve sold those categories out this far in advance? Or possibly not released them for booking yet?

Hi
We are thinking of staying at the Beach Club over New Year. We have been offered a standard room, we would be hopeful of getting a daybed and at that time of year I'm not too fussy about a full balcony. Is there any request you can put in to avoid a view of the flat rooftops or anything too noisy?

We are in no way expecting an upgraded view just wondering on best request to have a chance of getting one of the nicer standard views.

Thanks for any advice.

Hi
We are thinking of staying at the Beach Club over New Year. We have been offered a standard room, we would be hopeful of getting a daybed and at that time of year I'm not too fussy about a full balcony. Is there any request you can put in to avoid a view of the flat rooftops or anything too noisy?

We are in no way expecting an upgraded view just wondering on best request to have a chance of getting one of the nicer standard views.

Thanks for any advice.

:welcome: back!

Standard view rooms will either look over a flat rooftop or a parking lot. I think that your best bet to avoid a rooftop view would be to ask to be facing the front entrance parking lot. The only problem with that may be noise if you are very close to the front entrance. Some past guests have reported that some of those rooms may hear noise from the Magical Express or other buses that come through.

"Room with daybed preferred, facing front entrance parking lot, if possible."

Let us know if you book at the resort to ring in the New Year.

:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter